Champs

Views: 1923 Posts: 14
Champs
wrote on 13-Jun-06 16:00

Normo and Penno now have a 5 point gap over St Andrews and WPH but who will be premiers for 2006? With Ravens losing both games on the weekend, are they certain to drop? I really hope YMCA goes, but at this rate it looks like North Epping will be battling it out at the bottom also! Which teams are in form? Thorns have hit their straps, while WPH have dropped off the pace dramatically. Are Roselea are chance for the top 4?? With all 6 goals being scored by ex-prem players for wph reserves, should WPH have kept their squad from last year? And finally... what's going on with North Epping Batts, you guys are poop.

Willy
wrote on 13-Jun-06 16:07

Yeah NER and EEW have been shithouse this year and in recent years, but when i saw them play they had a number of good to great players. NER actually look quite skillful and impressive when playing well. Im not sure about EEW.

The Outsider
wrote on 13-Jun-06 16:08

I Unfortunately wasted 2 hours of my weekend watching two of the former strong Clubs fight it out. Both EEW and NER would be the weakest squads from thewe two clubs i have seen for 10 Years. Admittedly the pitch was awful for Premier League soccer but i doubt whether it would have made much difference. EEW's Over 35's would beat their Premier League side and NER couldn't beat either. Put them both out of their misery !! Time to go - NER and EEW and The Y.

Flash Lightning
wrote on 13-Jun-06 17:03

I think Roselea have a strong chance of making the top 4. A more solid structure and improvement as a squad has really helped them. I think they are the team to watch out for. On their day, they can be tough opponents. With both experience and youth, they should go a long way this season if they come up big against the mighty top teams.

Looking back looking forward
wrote on 13-Jun-06 17:04

Champs, answer to your question about WPH ex-prem players is probably yes. As AA1 it looks like they already have that premiership won, they could lose all their remaining 4 games and STA could win all theirs, and theyd still probably end on top. A lot of people didnt like the way some of those players werent made welcome by the new coach or for what ever reason they left, it was a premature ending. Yes, we know it was good for some WPH youngsters but it was also convenient for the coach. Its also a fact its not only WPH young guns that have been promoted but theres a a stack of outsiders there also, plus a couple of ordinary former AA lower grade players struggling. Its just not the same team that it was and neither is there much depth as results are now starting to show, however to give them some credit, they are so far not doing as bad as some thought, but then again the tone of the comp has been lowered somewhat this year.

Flash Gordon
wrote on 13-Jun-06 17:07

Flash Lightning Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think Roselea have a strong chance of making the > top 4. > A more solid structure and improvement as a squad > has really helped them. > I think they are the team to watch out for. > On their day, they can be tough opponents. > With both experience and youth, they should go a > long way this season if they come up big against > the mighty top teams. > They struggled yesterday against a depleted WPH, who quite frankly didn't play particularly pretty football...

Flasher
wrote on 13-Jun-06 19:06

Roselea are a 2 man team. Butts kicks it long to Adam who tries to score and often does.

LiamW
wrote on 13-Jun-06 21:09

No Flasher sometimes I kick it long to Adsy as well.Please can you call us a 2 and half man team. Flash Lightning- We havent got the squad to make the top four. I agree we have got a couple of good young lads but we lack a top drawer midfielder. I thought we could have taken advantage of playing WPH without their real quality players like Mason, Ross, Lawson and Ekklencamp.

Juice
wrote on 13-Jun-06 22:06

Looking back looking forward, you're an idiot. What's this not welcome garbage. The players were not told in anyway they were not welcome. They left under their own steam. A large portion are still good enough to be playing. Some left for personal reasons outside of the game, some left because they felt it was time to play a more relaxing level with friends instead and some, the minority I might add, left because perhaps they may have seen the writing on the wall and maybe even some left becasue they decided to jump on the band wagon. Tell me who this stack of outsiders are by the way? I am most curious. Off hand I can think of three who have not played some junior football with the Lions. Just because you may not have seen them before doesn't mean they haven't been around. Dude, build your bridge... and then blow it up!

knowitall
wrote on 14-Jun-06 08:09

Flash Gordon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > They struggled yesterday against a depleted WPH, > who quite frankly didn't play particularly pretty > football... Flash Gordon, to be fair Monday was a struggle for wph and roselea. both sides were obviously depleted. before the reserves game i overheard adam and their coach trying to find an 11th man to start for their 1st grade side. seemed they only had 10 fresh starters. Flash Lightening, thats one reason why they aren't in the reckoning this year. Not enough depth. the top 4 will be made of the usual suspects.

Juice
wrote on 14-Jun-06 10:00

So who are they?

I dunno?
wrote on 14-Jun-06 10:09

Juice, I reckon youve got about 6-7 blow-ins going on your own website profiles, that would be around 20% of the squad and that would amount to a stack

I dunno?
wrote on 14-Jun-06 11:00

Tye (Mt Druitt), Lawson (Blacktown), Ozcan (?), Vasic, Caisley (?), Walsh (various), Burton (?) = 7. Will stand corrected.

Juice
wrote on 14-Jun-06 11:05

Tye and Ozcan are new to the club (they came with mates), Vasic (this will be his third season with the club, he was injured last season so I wouldn't really say he's new) and Caisley (though has been involved with the PL squad for a while now in an official capacity). The rest have spent time at the club as juniors or have played in AA for a while, hardly therefore 'blow-ins'. So, theoretically, three newbies (Tye, Ozcan and Caisley). Two of which are 1st graders - someone had to replace two of the six positions vacated from last years 1st grade???

Author:
Subject: