F*#kin Egyptian ref!

Views: 2954 Posts: 16
Hiroshima
wrote on 12-Jun-06 23:07

Cmon all you GHFA refs, lets see you defend that one!

Hell Yeah
wrote on 13-Jun-06 01:01

Fuck yeah, Australia are the best, best match of the world cup. Well done you champions

Batts'
wrote on 13-Jun-06 10:00

Viduka's offside in the first half was 2 metres onside, never mind their goal. I'm not whingeing at another ref in GHFA ever again...

Juice
wrote on 13-Jun-06 10:01

At least he admitted he stuffed up. What GHFA ref would do that?

Batts'
wrote on 13-Jun-06 10:04

You are only as good as your last game, hence the Guus will go down as a genius (which I think he is) but how could he have got things so wrong ?? When lady luck is on your side you milk her for all she is worth. (I haven't seen her this year)

BAtts'
wrote on 13-Jun-06 10:05

Oh, I didn't know he did that Juice. Makes him 10 feet tall in my opinion then. A few ghfa refs do also, which I admire. It certainly takes the stuffing out of you when you are giving them a gobfull. By way Juice, how bad was "The Guus" with his tactics and personell choices last night. Wilkshire out wide, Emerton central, Cahill off. Then after all this hype of a super Dutch playing style we end up giving it the old fashion WPH "HOOF" up field and it works a treat. We could have any bunny coaching that, albeit far more effective, style. Bring back the bomb !!!

wrote on 13-Jun-06 10:06

Cahill's last 4 minute lunge on the japanese forward on the byline in the box could have resulted in a penalty. and why is Wiltshire (did he do anything?) still in the starting 11? Kewell is clearly unfit for full a match. Australia could have lost LOST this one had it not been the folly of the japanese keeper coming out/up for clean air. i suppose the zen master is still the master when results goes his way.

wrote on 13-Jun-06 10:08

>>When lady luck is on your side you milk her for all she is worth. (I haven't seen her this year) << ya must have been milking some other stuff batts. like i said b4 maybe it's time you play those 2 small guys in tandem - the oommpa looompa tactic. one on the left the other on da right. you ve got nothing to lose.

Juice
wrote on 13-Jun-06 11:00

In Guus' post match interview, he was not happy with the long ball the team started playing. Emerton in the centre was a strange one for me and as for Wilkshire... what the? The long ball became more prominant when the lanky Josh Kennedy came on up front - I guess they tried to use his height advantage. I'm glad you said the OLD FASHION WPH hoof. :)

Juice
wrote on 13-Jun-06 11:02

Guus may have got the starting line oddly out a bit, but he was good enough to acknowledge and make the required change at exactly the right times - what a champ!

hoof
wrote on 13-Jun-06 15:05

WPH hoof??? What about NER Batts? They are the kings of it!

K
wrote on 13-Jun-06 16:08

NER are the Kings of drawing, they de throned Penno

Anonymous User
wrote on 14-Jun-06 21:00

I played in the same team as Timmy Cahill back in 96 for Belmore Hercules in the U/18 State League, he was short, was of below average speed and had about the same skill level as eveyone else in the competition but what he did have was an abundance of heart. Goes to show if you work hard at something theres nothing you cant achieve. Never thought he would be Australias first ever world cup scorer, what a champion! Go the Aussies... and Italians.

wrote on 15-Jun-06 09:01

>>I played in the same team as Timmy Cahill back in 96 for Belmore Hercules in the U/18 State League, he was short, was of below average speed <<< does that mean he has arrived? and you have been left behind?

Nutta
wrote on 15-Jun-06 09:09

Amongst all the bagging and banter stories like this shine out. Very heartening to hear of a story like this. Real fairytale stuff.

Anonymous User
wrote on 15-Jun-06 15:01

Yep.

Author:
Subject: