GHFA PL vs the world

Views: 12490 Posts: 27
ovaltine
wrote on 22-Apr-09 11:01

Just a quick question, why do GHFA clubs fail to attract players like former australian internationals or nsl stars like in the brookvale league/esfa league? Is it just mainly down to location or money?

Money
wrote on 22-Apr-09 11:05

Cos we dont pay for players?

JH
wrote on 22-Apr-09 11:09

Mark Koussas, George Vallas, David Batten, Gus Cerro are a few to have either represented Australia or played in the NSL or both, that have played or are still playing in the GHFA PL.

kiwi
wrote on 22-Apr-09 12:01

jh it will be true for every club

Skeos
wrote on 22-Apr-09 12:02

Some Clubs Pay Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------
> I know of PL clubs which pay there players.

Are you gonna name clubs or just try and be mysterious coz ur sources mite be flimsy?

JH
wrote on 22-Apr-09 12:02

The coach might get paid, but the club does not pay any players.

Some Clubs Pay
wrote on 22-Apr-09 12:03

I know of PL clubs which pay there players.

Some Clubs Pay
wrote on 22-Apr-09 12:03

Ravens

Some Clubs Pay
wrote on 22-Apr-09 12:05

the club...maybe some funds from elsewhere

kiwi
wrote on 22-Apr-09 12:06

most clubs pay in some whay weather that be rego, bags, tracksuits, training gear or drinks down the pub,now theres no way any club can deny that.weather they thought it was or wasnt it is a payment. im sure that some clubs would pay rego for certain players. and good luck to them if that is what keeps better players in our pl its better for all of us. better standard bring better players brings a better comp something worth talking about on this forum.

PUMA
wrote on 22-Apr-09 12:06

We get paid in holey dollars !

ovaltine
wrote on 22-Apr-09 12:08

Chi Chi Mendez for example gets $800 a game to play at Brookvale.
Also Lokomotiv Cove in the ESFA league got $30000 sponsored to spend on players, and they brought in Derek Poimer, Chad Gibson, Bilokapic, Widera, coach chris karatzis.
Some clubs are actually spending big money just so they can do well in the champions of champions, is it really worth it?

JH
wrote on 22-Apr-09 12:08

This is true Kiwi.

Ravenous
wrote on 22-Apr-09 12:09

so how much did that draw with penno cost down bayside way???

kiwi
wrote on 22-Apr-09 13:01

hollywood u r full of it, ever had a free drink, ever had a free feed thats a payment, the club just gives good gear eg bags, tracksuit thats our payment plus good times at the sporto

Duck
wrote on 22-Apr-09 13:03

We don't get payed at all and everyone pays fees (some take longer to get than others). The club never shouts us beers or dinners and awards nights aren't covered in anyway, nor do we get tracksuits and actually pay for own shorts,socks. I would imagine people at this LEVEL play with people they get along with and enjoy the atmosphere at the club not for a small remuneration like free rego or a new beer cooler.

Joseph
wrote on 22-Apr-09 13:05

which players get paid?

Hollywood
wrote on 22-Apr-09 13:06

not true kiwi keep up your sweeping statements... If WPH are paying players they need to up there payments... We at epping dont pay players they come to play for the mighty tigers

Hi 5
wrote on 22-Apr-09 13:08

kiwi Wrote:

> hollywood u r full of it, ever had a free drink,
> ever had a free feed thats a payment, the club
> just gives good gear eg bags, tracksuit thats our
> payment plus good times at the sporto

I agree totally with Kiwi - all clubs pay in one way or another ie it may be that they pay a persons rego etc . Anyway lets me honest if I wanted BOZ to come to my club next year (and he is just an example as he is a good player) I could ask him to come over and cut my lawn and pay him 5k if I had the money.

Joseph
wrote on 22-Apr-09 14:03

The Protected Wrote:

> Joseph Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
which players get paid?
>
>
> Rooney at WPH and Tulloch at THORN

that's funny whichever way you look at it

The Protected
wrote on 22-Apr-09 14:06

Joseph Wrote:

> which players get paid?

Rooney at WPH and Tulloch at THORN

p1eman
wrote on 22-Apr-09 14:06

>Rooney at WPH and Tulloch at THORN

rooney gets a fat pie and tulloch a pastie.

$
wrote on 23-Apr-09 23:03

paid to play? i'd pay them to sit on the bench team would prob do better

chris karatzis
wrote on 09-Jul-10 20:05

This is not the case. Not a cent was given. These players are loyal to Karatzis and mates re he coached them before

chris karatzis
wrote on 09-Jul-10 20:05

This is not the case. Not a cent was given. These players are loyal to Karatzis and mates re he coached them before

Dick Tracey
wrote on 04-Sep-19 11:01

If you want money - play in the Central Coast Park Football league. 20 big ones to share

Chris K
wrote on 04-Sep-19 11:06

We didnt pay players...

Author:
Subject: