washout?

Views: 2827 Posts: 25
wrote on 09-Jun-06 11:00

>>but its been peeing with rain all morning in the city. Whats the weather like up GHFA way?<< nothing. only 2 drops around 11 am at hornsby

Gaz
wrote on 09-Jun-06 11:01

Any news on this front? I know the grounds re-opened last night, but its been peeing with rain all morning in the city. Whats the weather like up GHFA way?

LiamW
wrote on 09-Jun-06 11:03

From the GHFA site WEEKENDS GAMES No decision will be made on the games for this weekend until mid afternoon. Please check this website after 3.00pm.

LiamW
wrote on 09-Jun-06 11:03

From the GHFA site WEEKENDS GAMES No decision will be made on the games for this weekend until mid afternoon. Please check this website after 3.00pm.

Cyril
wrote on 09-Jun-06 11:07

Are stuttering big guy ??

Juice
wrote on 09-Jun-06 12:02

Been raining/drizzling all morning at Carlingford

gover
wrote on 09-Jun-06 13:05

its been pissing down at batts' mums place

Batts'
wrote on 09-Jun-06 14:00

Gover, My mum lives north of Newcastle so I don't think she is relevant. If that is you cruising around looking for Cheltenham girls, drop in for a cuppa & I'll talk you through how I am gonna smash that smooth talkin' Scouser with the fancy back hairdo & highlighted curlies. North Epping Oval, Boronia & YMCA only look greasy. All 3 would be playable but plenty of games would cut them up badly. Boronia has a sign on it saying 'closed' but that would only be to stop the kick abouts.

KDSA Fan
wrote on 09-Jun-06 14:01

All KDSA Games have been called off for this weekend, rumour is we will all be having a rest this weekend.

tim bailey
wrote on 09-Jun-06 14:02

its coming down now round the eastwood denistone area

yorkie
wrote on 09-Jun-06 14:05

..look fellas - u won't die not playing one weekend. at least u got the sports on your vidiot box

Gaz

http://www.hornsby.nsw.gov.au/recreation/index.cfm?NAVIGATIONID=1109 looks like most games will go ahead. Unless NERds or PEN are at home...

LiamW

All Baulko Hills council grounds are all open and will be reviewed on Sunday

LiamW
wrote on 09-Jun-06 14:07

Hopefully you will turn up this time Batts!!Not like last time limiting yourself to a five miute cameo appearance. Just spoke to be AB about tommorrows game. Looks like we might have a bit of crowd there if its not too wet all the MWFA games are off as well as all the KDSA games. See you at Cyril's at 11am he reckons he can do give us a two for the price one with some" extras" thrown in!!!

Batts'
wrote on 09-Jun-06 15:03

Mate, I am their with bells on. (Shouldn't joke about that) I will get the pies from Michelle's at the bottom of the escalators (2 each no doubt) as I have to pick up our new match ball from Sports Zone, seeing that we lost ours at Campbell 2 weeks ago. Hmmm Rumour has it that Carlo high 1sts was playing with a top of the line Lotto ball yesterday arfo. Its absolutely pissing down now at Cheltenham (at 3 o'clock) but I will meet you there anyway. I need a touch up. Doh !!

wrote on 09-Jun-06 16:01

is drainage a particular problem around epping area?

Rainman
wrote on 09-Jun-06 16:06

From Hornsby Council http://www.hornsby.nsw.gov.au/recreation/index.cfm?NavigationID=1109 The following grounds are currently closed due to wet weather Berowra Oval Parklands Oval Pennant Hills Ovals 1 & 2 Epping Oval North Epping Oval West Epping Oval Storey Park (except for Jim Beam Cup game) All other grounds are open subject to the discretion of the hirer : No Info from Ryde council that I can find ... ???? From GHFA website: http://www.ghfa.com.au/washout.html 09/06/2006 GAMES IN GHFA ON THE WEEKEND SATURDAY all grounds are open except for those listed below. SUNDAY grounds will be inspected on Saturday. Please watch this space. MONDAY grounds will be inspected on Sunday. Please watch this space. It is the responsibility of clubs to inspect their grounds in the morning if we have rain overnight. Junior games on those grounds closed have been transferred but senior games have been cancelled and will be played at a later date. BORONIA PARK - All AM games transferred to Meadowbank 9 at the same time. EPPING - All AM games transferred to Meadowbank 3 at the same time. NORTH EPPING - All AM games transferred to Meadowbank 11 at the same time. PACIFIC HILLS - All AM games transferred to Meadowbank 8 at the same time. WEST EPPING - All AM games transferred to Morrison 8 at the same time. Wet Weather council hotlines: Hornsby Council 9847 6764 Ryde Council 9952 8244

DAMIEN
wrote on 09-Jun-06 16:06

The following grounds are currently closed due to wet weather Berowra Oval Parklands Oval Pennant Hills Ovals 1 & 2 Epping Oval North Epping Oval West Epping Oval Storey Park (except for Jim Beam Cup game) All other grounds are open subject to the discretion of the hirer

curator
wrote on 09-Jun-06 16:09

no, the grounds pulled (including Parklands and Berowra) all have something in common. they have turf cricket pitches in the middle. council wouldnt want them being cut up this weekend.

curator
wrote on 09-Jun-06 16:09

sorry save Boronia. it doesn't have one obviously.

observer
wrote on 09-Jun-06 17:02

so ymca vs eew is the only game cancelled for tomorrow?

wrote on 09-Jun-06 17:07

>> so ymca vs eew is the only game cancelled for tomorrow? << observer, are you just observing or are you actually reading the announcement. If you match is at boronia - then go to MeadowBnk9. if you a Y-man then goto Morrison8. anyway you guys must be bl00dy lucky to be playing at Gladesville/Hornsby. Ryde council is pretty good (hornsby as well). Kuringai council has just closed all their fields. every single one - till tuesday. precious.

Juice
wrote on 09-Jun-06 18:05

Lucky??? There's a reason why other assoc's ground aren't half bad and ours are terrible. Don't get me wrong, I want to play tomorrow, but the grounds will be churned to a quagmire. Campbell for example is already crap, after tomorrow's games (not that we're there) it will be even worse, as I'm sure will many other grounds. Lack of maintenance to some of our grounds will mean the wet along with game time tomorrow will just make them even worse than they already are... if that's possible Snakehead, Kuring-gia are looking out for their grounds. Make up games will happen. At least the surfaces won't suffer.

observer
wrote on 09-Jun-06 18:08

yeh thanks "stupid" was still scratching my head about that post by snakehead, was just trying to clarify whether the y vs eew game was on tomorrow then snakehead gets it completely wrong and adds more confusion

Stupid
wrote on 09-Jun-06 18:09

Excuse me Snakehead, but doesn't it say that all senior games are cancelled, to be played at a later date. So that means EEW v YMCA is not on. Just as observer observed ?? Am I missing something ??

Author:
Subject: