Continental Cup Predictions

Views: 2455 Posts: 11
Marty MCFLY
wrote on 14-Mar-06 15:07

I have just come back from the future and i can tell the scores from tommorrow nights CP Games. St Andrews-3 Auburn Stars-1. Arncliffe-2 West Pennant Hills-0. My next trip will be to the end of the season once i fix the Flux Capacitor.

Big Nev
wrote on 14-Mar-06 16:00

Got the info from soccer nsw website & toongabbies website so must be accurate.

Big Nev
wrote on 14-Mar-06 16:02

FYI Continential Tyres Cup After defeating Auburn Star (Div 2 State League) 2-1, Toongabbie Demons Premier League are playing in Round 1 of the Continential Tyres Cup. It is on at 6.30pm Wednesday night 15th March at Christie Park against Eastwood St Andrews (Winners of Premier League Gladesville Hornsby 2005). any predictions now???

Marty MCFLY
wrote on 14-Mar-06 16:05

Big Nev, Looks like you are correct, wierd that. St Andrews-2 Toongabbie Demons-1,

Marty MCFLY
wrote on 14-Mar-06 16:06

Juice, I think the waterfall effect would stop at Super league, Div 1 at worst. Alot of players would prefer to go to a premiere league squad than go to Div 2. With West Penno Struggling for strikers and a team thats played together what i know about Arncliffe is beside the point. Although, lets just say they have a few players that have played NSL and Super League....

Juice
wrote on 14-Mar-06 16:06

So Marty, Can you tell what you know about Arncliffe then... seeing as no one else knows? Auburn Stars - easy to tell because we all know the standard of St League Div 2. Having said that, div 2 could be stronger due to the water fall affect of the teams dropped from NSW PL.

Interested
wrote on 15-Mar-06 22:01

Well, what were the results and can anyone give a rundown on how STA and WPH performed.

PB
wrote on 15-Mar-06 22:09

STA 3-0 very impressive...made Toongabbie pay dearly for a couple of errors, did not look overly troubled. New goalkeeper looked very assured as did another couple of new faces. Hard to see them not winning the comp this season WPH 0-4 not so impressive, looked very loose at the back, did have a few chances in the 2nd half to get a goal, but were outplayed by a good team. May lack fire power up front this season

tommy D
wrote on 15-Mar-06 23:00

i am starting a lion-hearts campaign to bring back big kev, boz, tim hill and bennie.. 2 weeks before season proper.

DAMIEN
wrote on 15-Mar-06 23:02

3-0 to sta 0-4 to the team that played wphc both teams looked very ordinary, though sta looked to have about 4 or 5 first graders in their team, whilst i heard that only 3 first graders were missing from wphc. 3-0 flatters STA, cos the team they played were crap. the 4-5-1 and the long ball were the main thing i took away from their game. the long ball is not how i would of thought STA would of played based on their performaces of the past... hard to read much into this game as so many first graders werent there. 0-4 flatters WPHC. they looked like an all age 6 team. again, the wphc long balls came out, defence was no where, and their attack was left to a few 14 year olds. if this is what WPHC has for the season, and they get a few injuries to their older, experienced players, then, i dont see much depth there.

Marty MCFLY
wrote on 16-Mar-06 00:00

I did predict 2-1 St Andrews and 2-0 Arncliffe, pretty damn good i say! Didnt see the game tonight but i must admit i didnt think West Penno would get smashed like that! When was the last time West Penno lost to a score like that against a Premiere League side?????? Bring on WPH VS St Andrews 1st Round!

Author:
Subject: