Australia v Orangemen

Views: 1140 Posts: 10
wrote on 05-Jun-06 08:04

.. orangemen just a different class altogether. maybe put their foot off the pedal in the second half with all those cynical challenges coming in. surely no one wants to miss the world cup for the sake of a "friendly". 1. Schwarzer is surely the no. 1 2. Luke wiltshire fluffed his chance. 3. Viduka to give up his penalty taking chores? 4. chippers to cement his left back position.

Juice
wrote on 05-Jun-06 09:03

Agree on all accounts... maybe give Viduka one more chance?????

Aussie Guus
wrote on 05-Jun-06 10:00

Well gentlemen, What line-up do you suggest for the opeing fixture against Japan?

Miben
wrote on 05-Jun-06 10:01

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Agree on all accounts... maybe give Viduka one > more chance????? Forget it.... Give it to Schwarzer...

DAMIEN
wrote on 05-Jun-06 10:02

I think we learnt that the players below should never play for australia during this world cup... Wilkshire Sterjovski Thompson

DAMIEN
wrote on 05-Jun-06 10:04

(4-2-3-1) ----------Schwarzer --Emerton-Neil-Moore-Chippers --------Grella-Culina ----Cahil-Bresciano-Kewell ------------Viduka (3-5-2) ----------Schwarzer -----Neill-Moore-Chippers ------------Grella Cahill--Bresciano-Culina--Kewell ----------Viduka-Aloisi

g.h.
wrote on 05-Jun-06 10:05

just get emerton out of the backline

LiamW
wrote on 05-Jun-06 11:03

I agree with Damo's line ups. It goes to show we have got a good starting 11 but no real depth. Did Sterjovski play?!! He is dillusional he reckons he had a good game against Greece! He had the audacity to question the touch and intensity of the A-league socceroos in the Herald last week. I hope Cahill and Kewell are over their injury worries! Kalac must of thought "Schwarzer you jammy twat!I am sitting on the bench for the rest of the tournament!"

Big Nev
wrote on 05-Jun-06 11:05

I thought Bresciano was pretty ordinary last night and it would have been 6 or 7 if Kalac was keeper.

Ceaser Menotti
wrote on 05-Jun-06 21:08

Damo, your first selection is almost sound but your 3,5,2 is flawed, as both Cahill & Kewell (especially) are NOT wingbacks. Kewell can play winger if there is someone behind him, like at Liverpool. Emerton is a better wingback than right fullback as his greatet asset is his engines, ie. ability to keep motoring. Unfortunately for him his speed isn't up to people such as Robben, but then who is ?? His defending ability is suspect tho and he would be better at wingback than fullback. I believe you cannoy play without the midfield of Grella, Cullina anchoring with Cahill & Bresciano attacking from deep. Unfortunately that only leaves you a certain number of spots and so someone will miss out. At this stage HArry would be the impact player. And I would select Aloisi in stead of Viduka as we will not get many chances and we need an out & out poacher. Viduka only scores against the weaker nations. Shwarzer or forfeit.

Author:
Subject: