Juice
wrote on 03-Jun-06 19:06

1st WPH 0 STA 2 NOR 0 PEN 0 Ressies WPH 0 STA 4 NOR 1 PEN 0

sideliner
wrote on 03-Jun-06 20:07

1st NER 1 THL 1 Res NER 3 THL 1

whogotsubbed10
wrote on 03-Jun-06 20:08

Lea 2-o over Y in firsts(scrappy game from both sides) Lea ressies breaks the ducks back 2-1 win

cellar dwellers
wrote on 04-Jun-06 16:04

1sts rav 0 eew 1 (penalty mid 2nd half) res rav 0 eew 2

Admin
wrote on 04-Jun-06 17:02

Tipping comp tally board has been updated.

What was he thinking.
wrote on 04-Jun-06 17:03

Watched sta v wph. Wph cant play football. Terrible tactics from coach gus. Boring boring west penno...

Larry
wrote on 04-Jun-06 19:03

Quite right What was he thinking. WPHs only exciting moment was the keeper's save in the second half. Boring Boring Boring!

Barry
wrote on 04-Jun-06 20:01

Have WPH ever been not boring?

wrote on 04-Jun-06 20:02

high quality match at normo oval.. pity no goals but chances were there. not very impressed with the small normo player on their right side - very uncomposed. boz was well contained but had his 2 moments.

What was he thinking.
wrote on 04-Jun-06 21:03

My guess is that their goals came from boz and afl boy. So that explains why they looked boring yesterday. Wph's team just sat back to defend. But couldn't do that to save their lives. Very ordinary team. Not to mention the field that looked the same as wph played. shite.

jd
wrote on 04-Jun-06 21:05

WPH boring? that's weird considering they usually score more goals in a season then any other team. where does that come from?

Juice
wrote on 04-Jun-06 21:06

Here we go again... "What was he thinking", sure a lot of goals came from Boz, but would it interest you to know that of Boz's time in PL at WPH, Kev Iredale won golden boot more times. Oh and Boz and AFL boy (Kieran) are strikers - it's a funny thing that, most of our goals coming from strikers... Genius! Yep, we were ordinary and from a spectators view point, probably boring on Saturday, and on Saturday two weeks earlier. Last week against, granted an average performance from NER, we were far more agressive. Ditto against PEN and NOR. Perhaps you should attend ALL our matches before passing judgement. "What was he thinking", it's a given your support is not affiliated with WPH so I'm assuming STA. Thanks for constructive feedback though...

Covers
wrote on 04-Jun-06 22:06

Please everyone jump on the lets bag West Penno train. I hear it is leaving the station soon. ALL ABOARD, free tickets. We have a game where we played sub standard and everyone gets all over us. There wasn't this bagging last week when StA got pumped. So y do ppl get on us?

Kiriakoz
wrote on 04-Jun-06 23:04

Because you are WPH, the largest club in the southern hemisphere or something like that... over-rated i say... I watched the game too... rubbish, i'd rather watch paint dry or Big Brother, which says alot.

Juice
wrote on 05-Jun-06 00:08

Tall poppy syndrome Covers by the sounds of it. I wouldn't worry too much about comments from mere whining spectators. :)

Phantom2000
wrote on 05-Jun-06 09:00

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Tall poppy syndrome Covers by the sounds of it. I > wouldn't worry too much about comments from mere > whining spectators. Tall Poppy Syndrome.. hmmmm but your not on top..

Juice
wrote on 05-Jun-06 09:07

The phrase doesn't necessarily refer to a literal position Phantom, more a history of good performances, hence "tall poppy". Hope that's clear enough dude.

Buddy
wrote on 05-Jun-06 11:01

Does anyone think Roselea can make the top 4 in there first year back to PL??

Phantom2000
wrote on 05-Jun-06 11:04

Nope... Well drilled side though, tough to play against, Not top 4 though.

naysayer
wrote on 05-Jun-06 11:05

LiamW Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Your having a laugh arent you? > > This rain has come 9 rounds too late!!!I said in a > earlier post our only hope of making the four was > 17 washouts after our first win. > > At least the 5th spot battle will be interesting > this year! couldnt agree more Liam. look at the results. we've been snotted 3 times out of 4 by teams currently in the top 4.

Covers
wrote on 05-Jun-06 11:08

Jonty/agreed i am guessing. How has my cover been blown? Because we lost 2-0?

Jonty
wrote on 05-Jun-06 11:09

i knew cover wasnt a first grader, his cover would be blown and WPH also. what a bunch of shite Juice, Iredales and Boz and Keiran scored all your goals, we know that d*mb ass and they arent there anymore, hence people saying that you are boring. we know they are stikers, what does that say for your current strikers? do you have any? its not called tall poppy, its called "you're shit and cant accept it" better luck in all age Cover.

LiamW
wrote on 05-Jun-06 11:09

Your having a laugh arent you? This rain has come 9 rounds too late!!!I said in a earlier post our only hope of making the four was 17 washouts after our first win. At least the 5th spot battle will be interesting this year!

Juice
wrote on 05-Jun-06 12:01

So Jonty which team are you affiliated with? If we are that 'shite' as you put it, what does that say about the seven teams behind us?.... I'd ask who you actually are, but then I'd expect another gutless barrage of tripe. Build a bridge kid

Mystikal
wrote on 05-Jun-06 12:01

North Epping reserves have the biggest sloths/peanut players of all time. Running 30 metres to throw forearms at an isolated thornleigh player is disgusting.

LiamW
wrote on 05-Jun-06 12:02

I'd agree Juice we are sh*ite!!

Boris
wrote on 05-Jun-06 12:04

Mystikal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > North Epping reserves have the biggest > sloths/peanut players of all time. > > Running 30 metres to throw forearms at an isolated > thornleigh player is disgusting. How NER didnt have a player sent off aswell is beyond me.

Cashew
wrote on 05-Jun-06 12:05

Only 30, i would run a 100 for that chance!!!

Nutta
wrote on 05-Jun-06 12:08

There are 2 backs in North Epping reserves that shouldn't be playing for a few weeks. I won't comment what kind of people they are but the fatter of the two is a thug and his type don't belong in football. He belongs in a rugby code. He is about 35 I'd say. Everyone knows him. He is a dirty player. All refs call things as they see them. The fact that players can throw so many punches and not be identified is beyond me. Cost Thornleigh the game. Even down to 10 men they were 1-0 up at the half. Was too much though to cope with for the 2nd half. That kind of refereeing is disgraceful. I know they only do their best but it was shocking.

DAMIEN
wrote on 05-Jun-06 13:01

I do wonder what the refs watch during a game sometimes. The incident in the reserves game (thl v ner) is proof that our refs just arent up for it. They didnt see the first tackle by Scott (thl). They didnt see Jamie (ner) run 30metre to hit scott from behind with his elbow. They didnt see any numbers of players who were invovlved in the 'fight' (only scott's). Two red cards should of been shown. Not for the tackle, but for throwing punches.

Jamie
wrote on 05-Jun-06 13:02

it was me!!

Nutta
wrote on 05-Jun-06 13:06

Yeah his name is Jamie. I'm not into responding to taunts or anything on this site. It's pointless. I'm not even into revenge even though the Thornleigh side wanted him to be hurt to say the least. I am just shocked that so many punches can be thrown and not dealt with. People get reds for bad tackles. Surely numerous punches to the head is worse. Not seeing them is pathetic when it's your job to plus you have 2 assistants. Jamie you don't belong on a field. I won't call you anything as it's not my place as tempting as it is. The worse side of me would do alot worse but I know better. I'm not into man to man sledging etc either. All I know is that you shouldn't be playing. Actually HFC should suit you.

Darren
wrote on 05-Jun-06 17:03

Damien, I agree the refereeing was ordinary but to not have seen the 1st foul was understandable as it was so long after the ball, and yes one of our blokes did come in and throw a punch. It was not a fullback and it was not Jamie. Again we go to the refs and as they couldn't identify the number of our player they couldn't send him. This is not the first time refs have been unable to punish players for not getting their no. nor will it be the last. Without the disgusting late bodycheck/jump at/cheapshot we wouldn't be having this conversation. Enough said I think.

Da Ref
wrote on 05-Jun-06 18:00

How many of you heroes give up your time to Ref. Someone has to do it. You could ref games at 8.30 and 10.00 in the morning.... You seem to know it all. Just like soccer players, some are better than others. I see shit players on the field, but don't say a thing, so unless you are prepared to do the course yourself, i don't think you have the right to criticise.. Get on with playing soccer.. Perhaps some of you could learn how to pass the ball????

PF
wrote on 05-Jun-06 18:04

Maybe all you complaining cats should take it up with the GOOSES who run GHFA

Juice
wrote on 05-Jun-06 18:08

Fair comment Da Ref. It seems to be a thankless poor, paying 'hobby' at our level. Hence why not too many want to do it. Unfortunately with the small amount that go down the black and white path, mathematically speaking, the smaller pool of quality come of it. Like I said Da Ref, fair comment, but really over the years playing this level and higher, why is it these incidences are so poorly managed time and time again in our comp?

N E R
wrote on 06-Jun-06 03:05

Yes thankyou... someone has to reff... lets all bag the oridinary players from the Y or EEW that dont turn it on every week.. NOT... no different to the refs that dont consistently perform up to the standard of that bald italian prick that looks like an alien (best ref in the world). You cannot blame the refs (apart from the ones that lose you games... Joking) and you certaintly can't say that the THL fuckwit that took out the NER player about 5.6 seconds late, did not start the whole shamambles on saturday at THL. And without F###### stupid piece of human ridicule, the whole incident would not have occured. No blows would have been traded. And Damien you are a total hypocrit for that incident with our NER captain Josh... grow some balls and if your gonna be a cheap C*** have the hide not to act like a F****** wimp afterwards.. Coward. Love from Isaac

Gaz
wrote on 06-Jun-06 09:07

So what if our (thunders) players challenge was rough, it wasnt as late as you all are making it out to be. And if you numb nuts let the ref sort it out without taking matters into you own hands (elbowing players in the back of the head) then we wouldnt be in this debate. bottom line is the ref was probably right to send off thorns player (even though he was only defending himself), but how can he send him off and let NER off without anything??? everyone at the ground (except the ref & linesman it seems) knew which NER player ran 20 metres to elbow thorns player in the back of the head, so why was nothing done about it. what ever happened to asking the player involved...

Boris
wrote on 06-Jun-06 09:08

Didnt the THL player win the header?? Yes he did. Did he mean to get him with an elbow, ofcourse not. Was the referee going to award a penalty to NER for the challenge?? NO. But you NER heros decided to take the matter into your own hands and run and throw elbows and fists. Your an older more mature team I would of thought you wouldnt react with violence. I suppose Isaac above is showing us all that aggression. Its not really needed is it?

wrote on 06-Jun-06 10:00

don't worry - help on the way from FIFA ===== MUNICH, June 5 (Reuters) - Sepp Blatter has told World Cup referees to protect the players and clamp down hard on elbowing. The president of soccer's ruling body FIFA said on Monday that this was the only instruction he gave the match officials when he visited them in Frankfurt last Tuesday. Speaking at a news conference following a two-day meeting of FIFA's executive committee, Blatter referred to elbowing as a 'devil'. He said: 'I gave them only one instruction, to protect the good games and to protect the good players and to pay special attention to the devil that has come into our game, elbowing.

DAMIEN
wrote on 06-Jun-06 11:06

N E R Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > And Damien you are a total hypocrit for that > incident with our NER captain Josh... grow some > balls and if your gonna be a cheap C*** have the > hide not to act like a F****** wimp afterwards.. > Coward. Love from Isaac Isaac, I fail to see how mis-timing a tackle on Josh has anything to do with fighting. I would of been a hypocrit if after Josh pushed me over i got up and punched him. That i did not do. I fail to see where you are coming from. Next time, to please you, i will get up throw a few punches to show my manly side. Tough isaac. tough...

Josh
wrote on 06-Jun-06 12:07

Damien, I think he's referring to your theatrical fall down from my very light push, which you set me up for, in trying to get me a card after your tackle. I don't think he's telling you to throw punches - but I could be wrong.

Gaz
wrote on 06-Jun-06 12:08

Batts is king of the theatrical fall down so i dont think NERds have a point to argue there...

Stone Cold Steve Austin
wrote on 06-Jun-06 13:06

Watch your mouth Ric, otherwise I will come over there and open a can of whoopass, you meely mouth SOB.

Isaac
wrote on 06-Jun-06 13:06

Thankyou Josh that would be correct. I hold you in high regard as a player Damo which is why i would've liked to think a player of your standard couldn't mistime a tackle so badly. Please correct me if otherwise. How ironic that we scored a fluke 45 yard free kick from your resulting "mis timed" tackle. The world works in funny ways ay Damo.

Rick Flair
wrote on 06-Jun-06 13:09

Boys I say woOoOoOoOo 10 time World Wrestling Champion of the World and i here all this girly talk just get in the Ring,slam dunk,slam the power driver on woooooooo i smell Der in Ner and see skirt in Kurk whos kurk ? dont know just rymed.

THE ROCK
wrote on 06-Jun-06 16:01

CAN YOU SMELLLLLLLALLA WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN.Stop bithing boys what goes on the field should always stay on the field things happen that ain't right but we play a mans game so be MEN not boys.

Nutta
wrote on 07-Jun-06 09:01

It was a different player.

Casual Observer
wrote on 07-Jun-06 09:07

Damo, the thornleigh reserve grade player that tackled so late and nasty that NER were forced to extract revenge, was he the same guy that came on late in 1st grade against YMCA and did the exact same thing and broke a Y players arm ?? Seems the Blunder are making late dangerous tackling part of their game. So if the refs are NOT going to curtail this dispicable behaviour then the opposition usually takes matters into their own hands. Personally I would prefer to see a 'square up' tackle but that would only end up in the same situation that you had last saturday. Seems NER thought to skip a step in the process. If the tackle against NER was as bad as against the YMCA, then I don't blame teh Rangers.

Casual Observer
wrote on 07-Jun-06 10:07

THanks Nutta. So its more than one then. Seems its a problem that they are creating for themselves. Maybe they shouldn't be whinging on this site, as NER standing up to thuggery and cheap shots seems to be more macho thing to do. Saying that, I don't condone brawling and am not from NER.

NER Keeper
wrote on 07-Jun-06 11:01

I hate the Nth Epping Keeper

Complete NER Squad
wrote on 07-Jun-06 11:06

So do we.

Mystikal
wrote on 07-Jun-06 11:09

Casual Observer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Damo, the thornleigh reserve grade player that > tackled so late and nasty that NER were forced to > extract revenge, was he the same guy that came on > late in 1st grade against YMCA and did the exact > same thing and broke a Y players arm ?? > > Seems the Blunder are making late dangerous > tackling part of their game. > So if the refs are NOT going to curtail this > dispicable behaviour then the opposition usually > takes matters into their own hands. > > Personally I would prefer to see a 'square up' > tackle but that would only end up in the same > situation that you had last saturday. Seems NER > thought to skip a step in the process. If the > tackle against NER was as bad as against the YMCA, > then I don't blame teh Rangers. The tackle if handled properly would have been met wiht a yellow card only. The fact that heroes from north epping decided to run 30 metres and throw fly kicks and forearms is a disgrace. reminds me of how lebs fight....5 or 6 on 1. I am the reserve grade player that came on against YMCA and went into a challenge that the YMCA player came out of with a broken wrist or arm. My challenge was strong and its unfortunate he came out of it and landed the wrong way. I only ever went in for the ball.

Casual Observer
wrote on 07-Jun-06 12:08

How can you say you went for the ball when it had been gone for so long. When the tackles are that late someone is gonna get hurt. Your was disgracefull. If you are happy with your tackling that breaks arms then you are worse than the NER players, who it seems took matters into their own hands. Brawling is definately not desirable but when tackles become that late & dangerous that if the players don't have enough confidence in the ref to control the cheap shot merchants like yourself, then they take matters into their own hands. Its simple. Don't tackle so appallingly that you break arms & legs, then there won't be any punch ups.

Pete
wrote on 07-Jun-06 13:08

Panel beaters... you're all panel beaters

Mystikal
wrote on 07-Jun-06 13:08

Casual Observer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How can you say you went for the ball when it had > been gone for so long. > > When the tackles are that late someone is gonna > get hurt. Your was disgracefull. > > If you are happy with your tackling that breaks > arms then you are worse than the NER players, who > it seems took matters into their own hands. > Brawling is definately not desirable but when > tackles become that late & dangerous that if > the players don't have enough confidence in the > ref to control the cheap shot merchants like > yourself, then they take matters into their own > hands. > > Its simple. Don't tackle so appallingly that you > break arms & legs, then there won't be any > punch ups. I've never once gone into a tackle trying to get anything but the ball. The ball was not gone as when the challenge occurred the ball sprayed away when we both got a touch on it at the same time.

DAMIEN
wrote on 07-Jun-06 13:09

Steve, I wouldnt worry too much about that tackle. You went in hard and for the ball. It was unfortunate that the guy landed on his wrist like he did -its football, things like this happen.

Damaged
wrote on 07-Jun-06 13:09

Yeah. I've got a dented front end.

wrote on 07-Jun-06 19:02

Maybe the Y should drink more milk!!!

observer
wrote on 07-Jun-06 22:00

mystical your attempt at trying to prove your innocence is shaky i dont see how u think hitting a guy who is off balance clearing the ball with a hip and shoulder (AFL style) a few seconds late is going for the ball, an injury like the one the y player suffered doesnt result from a 50/50 tackle,not many 50/50 tackles send players tumbling to the ground in this case u hit the player with a shoulder who had no idea what you were planning to do as he was to busy clearing the ball ,if it was a 50/50 the y player wouldnt of been smashed like he was as he would of been prepared and was a much bigger build than that of your self.your eagerness to impress the coach as a substitute and lack of judgement cost a player his season

Bubble
wrote on 07-Jun-06 22:06

BUBBLE!

Boris
wrote on 08-Jun-06 09:02

Observer pull your head in.. They both got a peice of the ball when the tackle was made or did you not see that??? I thought being the observer you would of! The Y player in question landed heavily and awkwardly, i feel sorry for him, but these things happen. how much would you be whinging if the Y player didnt hurt his wrist?? Umm lets think about that. you wouldnt be would you! It would be just another hard 50/50 tackle that you see in the game. Seriosuly if the tackle was that bad and he hip and shouldered him and smashed his wrist up on purpose, he would of been sent off wouldnt he??

observer
wrote on 08-Jun-06 09:04

if u were listening to the suggestion from the linesman that he should of been sent off, the challenge couldnt of been that fair for them to be even entertaining the idea of a red card.but its done now these things happen just unfortunate it had to happen under those cirumstances.

Nutta
wrote on 08-Jun-06 09:06

Actually no cause the reffing doesn't parallel with what happens on the field. We have all agreed on that.

Boris
wrote on 08-Jun-06 10:09

The refs always listen to their linesman, regarding those issues, I should know from last round of last year. So dont talk that, if the liney said he should be sent, he would of been. But as you say its done know, and i feel sorry for the poor bloke hope he is playing again soon.

Nutta
wrote on 08-Jun-06 11:08

Our league is full of inconsistencies. Impossible to say for sure if one ref listens to his touchy they all will. All sorts of similar siutations may happen in different games with many different outcomes. This forum gives us a chance to vent our anger or whatever we feel on different issues but what the ref says is final in terms of game outcome.

Ref
wrote on 08-Jun-06 16:08

Gentlemen I thank all you who in your views blame the referees for YOUR,not our fouls,bad tackles,mistimed headers,punches etc you get the picture.Why point the blame on a person who has one set of eyes looking at one ball expect to see all what goes on.Yes i do have 2 lineys but if you watch them they to do what most of this league do is BALL WATCH thats right this is not a good standard as you hot shots think it is. THANK YOU Never to return ????????????????????????????????????

Player
wrote on 08-Jun-06 17:08

All those fouls, bad tackles, mistimed headers, punches etc usually happen on the ball or just after it. So whether it is a hot league or not, the ref sees the incident. The problem lies in that refs do not see the foul even though are watching it. Normally both teams, and probably most of the subs and supporters see the above, but when the ref misses these blatantly is when trouble brews. Refereeing is not hard. Its only man management. The best refs are the ones that admit that they have missed the foul when they occur.

4th Official
wrote on 08-Jun-06 22:01

Can you explain how these two statements "when the ref misses these blatantly is when trouble brews." and "The best refs are the ones that admit that they have missed the foul when they occur." can co-exist? I'm confused!!

Ref
wrote on 09-Jun-06 08:09

You cant explan these situtions cause everyone sees and thinks different when you read a game.Yes there are bad calls,missed things but unless you go to the N.R.L and have a 3rd ref it will never improve.If you watch a local rugby league team play in the Parramatta,Hornsby,Bankstown Comp(all age)they actually video the game and if you believe the incident is worth a look at a commitee panel decide if a suspension is nedded.Think about it 5 games/weekend dont think it would be that expensive just need to look into it.Maybe its a little over the top but if it meant 1 player not breaking his leg cause of players thinking twice about there challenge im all for it. Ref (Might come back)???????

LiamW
wrote on 09-Jun-06 09:02

After ten years playing in the Manly comp I have been really impressed with the standard of refereeing in the GHFA The majority of the refs have been approachable and have explained their decisions when they don't have to. Of course they have made some errors but even the top refs like Collina make mistakes(Still can't believe he disallowed Duncan Fergusons goal against Villareal in the CL!)

never been a ref (wouldnt dare)
wrote on 09-Jun-06 09:06

ref makes a very sensible point. who amongst you does not make several (or more) mistakes per game? apart from your clear and most often elementary mistakes, and you all make them, sometimes some of your team mates will think you have made a mistake in a situation (taken bad/silly option or whatever) when you dont think you have. its then a matter of opinion who is right/wrong/what should have happened etc,. The exact same thing applies to referees and their decisions. ive seen some very good refereeing this year and ive seen some bad refereeing. ive also seen some good football but ive seen some pretty terrible football too (and im talking 1st Grade here). anyone of you who thinks the refereeing standard in this comp, on average, is not relative to the playing standard needs a reality check. get someone to take a video of your games lads, and I guarantee you that when watching the replay you will cringe at the games'/and your personal playing standard more often than you think. dont feel too bad though - you are human and you are by no means a professional. Just make sure you apply the same understanding to your appraisal of referees.

Ref
wrote on 09-Jun-06 10:02

Liam What is the club you play for,are you a player i might have ran the line in a game this year.

Cyril the Hairdresser
wrote on 09-Jun-06 10:08

Liam plays for the Rosebuds. I like that name. He has an appointment at Carlingford Court sat morning to get his hair sculptured into a creation of mine befitting the strapping young(ish) lad. As soon as someone mentioned filming the games he rang to book an appointment. Oh I can't wait.

LiamW
wrote on 09-Jun-06 11:00

Thanks for reminding me Cyril I think it's at 10.30am I was thinking about putting a few highlights in too. If you are too busy for that just a wash, dry and head massage will be wonderful. Can you was some of my back hair while you are at it. See you at 10.30 Tiger!RRRRaaaaaa

Cyril
wrote on 09-Jun-06 12:00

Don't worry macho man (you should be playing for the YMCA) I'll give you a full back,sack n crack wax with all the trimmings. You will look a peach when I am finished with you. Just don't bring that ugly mate of yours Hicky or sticky or Stinky, he is a beast

LiamW
wrote on 09-Jun-06 13:07

Just make sure you put plenty of moisturiser on me I don't want to be scratching all game!! Cyril, sweety you should come and watch our game afterwards I have bought a new beautiful pair of silver boots they look devine. I was talked into buying them. Oh you know how it is "Do these boots make me look fat? No darling they are lovely they really accentuate your muscly calfs" and I was just sold on them. We are playing a real team of of rough and tough blokes called North Epping Rangers they have have some real hunks you can perv on. I know you like boys with curly hair. You will love big cuddly Josh. Are you still into the dominating type? They have a player/coach called David he is right down your street. Unfortunatley Hicky has packed his leather pants away and is away on some junket in Germany. He reckons it is for the World Cup but you know what those Germans are into "AHH Wunderbar!!"

Mystikal
wrote on 09-Jun-06 14:04

what I liked most about the "fair play YMCA" is the kind words such as "touch the ball and i'll break your legs" and "see you in the car park after the game - you better run".

observer
wrote on 09-Jun-06 18:03

mystikal actions speak louder words,when u got the ball next were unfairly challenged i dont believe you were and i dont didnt see the y guys chasing u around the car park after the game,i dont think the y players have that sort of vicious streak about them to be doing those sort of things unlike northen KFC with their threatning mob on the hill

The real Jamie
wrote on 10-Jun-06 23:04

I have just been made aware of the comments against me on the web site about the incident in the Thornleigh v NER ressies game: I am disappointed that a person, (who would only give an alias) has made an accusation against a specific person yet be totally wrong! I would have thought an apology would be in order for your accusations, cheap shots/comments and baseless opinions. I'm certainly no angel by any stretch of the imagination, I have never backed from a confrontation but, I have never intentionally hit anyone with an elbow (on or off the ball). As for the actual incident; The Thornleigh player was not just late, he was very late and he hit our player, with his forearm, across the chest/neck (that's not a tackle). Yes, the retaliation was over the top, and 'Yes' the referee could have sent more than one off (he can only call it how he sees it). However, I understand that the send off was due to the punches thrown after the fact. Interestingly, it was the same person who was very late with his challenge. Before that game, there was one or two teams that I didn’t particularly like in the comp, due to their type of play (HFC used to be one of them) Thornleigh wasn't one of them. I must confess, Thornleigh are now on that short list. The way that many individuals conducted themselves on the park that day, in both grades, (Damien, I suggest you need to have a good look at yourself) I suggest you have let your club down and set a poor example for your youth members. It's already obvious that your younger players in your squad have very little self control and have turned into nothing less than thugs on the park. This was made perfectly clear when the Thornleigh Keeper vocally rallied his team to (I quote) "go in studs up from now on, lads". Apart from his other indiscretions throughout the game, I thought this opitimised the type of club Thornleigh is currently.

DAMIEN
wrote on 10-Jun-06 23:09

I too am no angel, and i care not if u dont like us.

Juice
wrote on 11-Jun-06 00:00

The real Jamie, Blunder are not too bad, perhaps Suplina is problematic to say the least, but over all they're pretty tame. Certainly no KFC.

Supporter
wrote on 11-Jun-06 11:00

BOYS NER ressies should play rugby now i understand what your talking about reading this site.Ive seen some dicks play this game but (NER ressies)your a joke have a good look at yourselves if you need to fight all the time join the talaban.Roselea to upset the top 4 after what i saw yesterday.

Mystikal
wrote on 11-Jun-06 14:03

has made an accusation against a specific person yet be totally wrong! >>> So the accusation was completely wrong?..... Yes, the retaliation was over the top >>> Yet the retaliation was over the top and the accusation is still wrong? and 'Yes' the referee could have sent more than one off >>> Deffinantly no apology now (he can only call it how he sees it). >>> The play continued on for 10 seconds or so after the supposed late tackle with no blow of the referee's whistle. When the referee saw a group of players going at it he blew his whistle and play stopped. Approx 2 or 3 NER players unleashing cheap shots on a defenceless thornleigh player. The referee saw nothing and simply went with what he assumed to have happened. However, I understand that the send off was due to the punches thrown after the fact. Interestingly it was the same person who was very late with his challenge. >>> I wonder why he was throwing punches. NER players ran from 20 or 30 metres and set upon ONE thornleigh player who had no backup. Very courageous from NER.

The real Jamie
wrote on 12-Jun-06 10:09

Dear Mistackle... you have accused me of running 30 yards to throw an elbow... it wasn't me (I'm too fat and old to run that far)! This is what you should be apologising for (you've slandered the wrong person). I have already agreed that there were many actions within the whole incident that could be described as 'very ordinary' to say the least, but you seem quite reluctant to even consider that the initial action (the very late follow through, with forearm raised, by the Thornleigh coward) had any influence on the whole ugly incident. You've blamed individuals incorrectly (by name) youv'e blamed the referee, you've blamed the linesman, you've blamed 3-4 players of the opposition (NER) but not once have you even hinted that a Thornleigh player was even slightly at fault. I was always taught to take responsibility for your actions. I think you're just a wee bit one-eyed.

Author:
Subject: