Ripe for the picking

Views: 7738 Posts: 55
Info
wrote on 29-May-06 09:04

Let me tell you penno will pump Normo this saturday. Normo looked to have had a few changes to their team and looked as disorganised as theyve been all year on saturday and if they hadnt played such a weak team in the tigers it may have been a different story. Word around is that Grey is playing with a broken foot and only hobbling through matches to keep them together, whilst there other top defender Bull i havent seen playing regularly this year. Penno to clean them up

Good One
wrote on 29-May-06 10:01

Broken Foot! Thats bullshit mate, no one could play on a broken foot and especially not Grey. But still will be a good game, however the mighty green and gold will win

Groundhog day
wrote on 29-May-06 10:04

didnt we read all this prior to the first game of the season?? i also read Normo would struggle to score, go you pundits!!!

Bardo
wrote on 29-May-06 10:05

Good one Have you heard of needles mate ive played 5 games straight with 2 broken toes stop being soft,lucky your not in our squad.

wrote on 29-May-06 10:05

Bardo, Playing through pain and with something broken,etc is all well and good if you can, pretty much everyone has done that, but to have needles to get through it!!!!!!!! Get a life, there is a rope around the paddock and you pay to play in front of friends and family, it is called park football. The World Cup is in Germany hero.

LiamW
wrote on 29-May-06 10:06

Bull played against us and scored!! According to their match reports he has only missed a few games. I see they have lost a few players that have gone to the World Cup but I think most teams have. If Gray is playing with a broken foot can somone get me some of the drugs he must be on to play with the pain.

Phantom2000
wrote on 29-May-06 11:02

Haha where do you get your info from? I think you have something on your chin info... Penno i doubt will clean them up. It should be a tough game, this year is going to turn out to be a tight one for sure...

Bardo
wrote on 29-May-06 12:01

All Age You fool wake up to yourself(see ya at training

Mystikal
wrote on 29-May-06 12:01

Info Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Let me tell you penno will pump Normo this > saturday. > Normo looked to have had a few changes to their > team and looked as disorganised as theyve been all > year on saturday and if they hadnt played such a > weak team in the tigers it may have been a > different story. > Word around is that Grey is playing with a broken > foot and only hobbling through matches to keep > them together, whilst there other top defender > Bull i havent seen playing regularly this year. > Penno to clean them up > lol there's no way he is playing with a broken foot. I broke my foot last year, and a month after i'd done it I couldnt even pass a ball without my foot blowing up the size of a tennis ball.

Foot job
wrote on 29-May-06 12:07

I think it's a broken toe, not a foot

LiamW
wrote on 29-May-06 13:01

Bardo Yes I have heard of needles but i wouldnt be using them just to get on the pitch in a mickey mouse game in the GHFA thats for sure. You didnt use your real name either so I don't know which team you are from. I have been called slow, useless, touch like a donkey, head it like tortoise, you should have given up years ago, effin sh*te but I can't say I've been called soft

harold
wrote on 29-May-06 14:09

i'll back you on that liam you are slow, useless, first touch like a rapist, head it like tortoise,etc, but granted you are not soft. i very much doubt that any reasonable person would brand someone soft because they draw the line at using needles to get through a saturday arvo club game.

Good One
wrote on 29-May-06 15:04

Bardo, Why would Nath Grey use needles to play in a ghfa game and continue to do more damage to his foot. The guy is not my favourite but I think hes smart enough to weigh up the positives and negatives of playing with a broken foot. Bardo I think you need to pull that needle out of your arse!

Fisherman
wrote on 29-May-06 16:02

Keeping the fishing rod neatly packed away for this again, pointless thread.

Cropus
wrote on 29-May-06 16:02

lets not get bogged down by trivial subject, bardo's IQ, Pen Vs NOR, Gray's broken leg. whatver the result in PEN Vs NOR the table wouldremain the same (both grades i think). Lets talk about the game that could actally change the season for a few teams. WPh Vs STA has the billing to make or break one of the two's season. I have heard WPH are priming themselves up for their game of the season. STA better pull their figer out cause after the thrashing at Pen and if they lose to WPH they have to deal with NOR the following week. Could be a season ender.

Bardo
wrote on 29-May-06 16:03

Liam We belted you by 5

Phantom2000
wrote on 29-May-06 16:07

Hmmm... Bardo i seem to remember them being an all girl group....

Rlea
wrote on 29-May-06 17:04

Grey hobbled of against us with about 15 mins to go and apparently he hobbled of again on saturday against epping eastwood. In all honesty without bully there, if Grey goes also they are in big trouble as the last 20 mins, although Normo still had chances to score, when Grey went of the tigers cut up Normos defence and could have had at least 2 more goals and thats being kind to Normo.

Tiger
wrote on 29-May-06 18:02

I'll second that Rlea. Nath Gray looked to be limping round all game but just organised them round the field before limping of with about 20 mins to go. When he went of we had 3 good chances to score, including two glaring missed headers from close range plus hammer hitting the bar. After playing Normo and penno over the past 2 weeks let me tell you penno will wipe the floor with Normo but it will be late in the game that the goals will come. If Gray goes of with 20 mins to go as it seems this is the way with his broken foot, or if he doesnt play at all, as he looked in alot of trouble when he came off, then the floodgates will open and penno will have a field day. penno to put 5 past Normo

what
wrote on 29-May-06 18:06

Normo haven't conceded more than three goals in a game in the past four years and thats not going to change this week. It doesn't matter if Nath Grey plays or not. Normo have alot of depth in their squad and it will be a good close game with Penno.

Lacking
wrote on 29-May-06 19:01

No Grey and no Bully means no Normo

Relevant
wrote on 29-May-06 20:01

What, I think the points made are quite relevant in the sense as to coming into a top of the table clash, especially against a team who has torn apart defences with 7 goals and 4 goals in their last 2 games, you'd have to say any team, including Normo will struggle to contain the likes of Boz without their top line defence in Gray and Bull. If st andrews copped 4 goals against penno and they have a top defence, then lookout Normo. Cant wait to see this one

2 cents
wrote on 29-May-06 20:07

it will be good to see which one of Normo's players Penno mark closely. We all know that Normo has the ability to mark single players out of a game, in this case Boz. Who will penno mark? dont normo have 14 different scores in first grade? i wish i could share the sentiments of all the boffoons that posted above, if i was to post with my heart instead of brain i would also want penno to win 5-0. Yet we seem to forget that for all the talk of bull and Gray (who joined NOR AFTER they won PL i think), they have a quality team all round and when we played agaist them we were out played by the whole team, not just 2 defenders. If there are ay penno guys reading, dont listen to the idiots above, get ready for a very tough game, play hard and be happy with a 1-0 win.

?
wrote on 29-May-06 20:08

Who are these blokes? Gray and Bull - Never heard of them

Phantom2000
wrote on 29-May-06 21:03

Penno living up to there tag i suspect... STA in both grades leaking lots of goals, but scoring plenty aswell.. Plus i hear a few of the st andrews lads are jetting off to the WC... Penno to win the title... normo second, third and fourth are up for grabs still..

wrote on 29-May-06 21:04

>> Who are these blokes? Gray and Bull - Never heard of them << get back on your bike to granville.

Reds
wrote on 29-May-06 21:08

I think the general jist here is that any team missing there two front line defenders will struggle, especially a team like Normo who pride themselves on their defence. If you took out each teams best defender or defenders itll leave a big hole, especially when there two of the best in the league like Bull and Grey. In saying this though, no players bigger than the team and theyll get by without them, they just wont be as strong. And in looking at it they will be great losses against a team brimming with confidence and bagging goals like penno. On another topic what happened in the annialation of penno on st andrews? Are st andrews struggling or have they losty players cause thats a massive defeat for them. or are penno just living up to expectations now?

3 cents
wrote on 29-May-06 22:01

Where is Bull going anyway? What all the talk about him missing? penno outplayed st andrews from the first minute of the game. Im sure st andrews will agree. Penno were up 3-0 at half time and was one of the best performances I have seen in a while by any team. penno wont be will be winning 5-0 or anything like that score line come Saturday but it will be very close. Two in form teams fighting for top spot. This game is potentially settling the premiership. With or without Bull, Grey, Boz, Kurt etc etc this will be a tough game. The St Andrews V WPH game is just as important. wph staying in contention for the premiership, and st andrews fighting to stay in the top 4... its a must win game considering they have Normo the week after. who knows, Roselea could be in the top 4 by the end of this week! That doesn't sound right does it? There is 9 games to go which is a lot of games, so anything can happen. St Andrews will be a team to beat still, no matter what the score was on Saturday. If they win their next two games, they will be right back up with the top two again. WPH once again didnt concede a goal so I think Cover can stick it up those critics from last week. WPH have the second best defence in the league. Thanks for listening.

penno
wrote on 30-May-06 11:03

All this talk about Penno scoring so many goals?? Are we all forgetting that in the last three games Normo have scored 3 past Thornleigh, 5 past Roselea (a team that Penno drew with) and 6 past Epping Eastwood. Does this not deserve a mention. In saying that, Go Penno!!!!

4 cents
wrote on 30-May-06 17:06

no one ever gives normo the credit they deserve, call it jealousy or tall poppy. even if they win the comp there will still be people saying penno are a better team. as far as personalities go, i know most of them and they are good blokes. i dont understand where the hate comes from, having said that, people hate Man U and chelsea....

explained
wrote on 30-May-06 18:00

Normo won the comp only in their 2nd season back on top. since then the negatism has grown.

Pup
wrote on 30-May-06 18:02

but Chelsea have won things in the past two years? I dont understand the connection with Normo at this stage??? Please explain mate. In any case im picking them to choke again as they have the last two years I think the Woods are in trouble...there already looked to be a lot of players missing from the last year squad and i heard that they have at least another four or five to the WC

Bilbo Baggins
wrote on 30-May-06 22:04

The 3 most hated teams are WPH, STA and NOR. They are the 3 best and most consistent teams over the past few years. If Penno could win something and then put in a few good consitent performances the following years, everyone would hate them too.

4 cents
wrote on 30-May-06 22:08

exactly.

Juice
wrote on 30-May-06 23:04

4 cents, I would have to agree NOR don't get much credit do they, but I'd hardly put it down to tall poppy syndrome. 1 premiership for their time in PL whilst is good and many teams I'm sure would be over the moon with that achievement, isn't exactly out perfroming results from other clubs. Tall poppies would have to be STA given their achievements over the last two seasons, certainly not NOR. Comparisons to Man U and "by us a premiership and not much else" Chelsea is farsical - they at least win premierships/championship consistently. Granted NOR are always up there, but their time has been overshadow by being perennial chokers in the business end of the season. Like I said though, I think they're a solid outfit.

Juice
wrote on 30-May-06 23:06

explained, STA won the comp in their FIRST season back in the PL!...(except the GF, he he he)

Pup
wrote on 31-May-06 09:00

Why dont you hold Normo's hand this weekend then Penno? No need to be best mates before you play them this weekend!

fiddy cent
wrote on 31-May-06 09:06

4 cent, From a Penno point of view, there is NO lack of credit given to Normo. They are respected as a team, as well as a bunch (majority) of decent blokes. I believe it's other people on this forum who perhaps haven't seen Normo play for too many years in the top flight and believe they have to show consistency at the top for a long period of time.....i.e 10 years. I think the weekend's game will be a cracker, in both grades.

Pup
wrote on 31-May-06 10:02

Oh okay, so you dont see anything wrong with holding Normo's hand? This should be an absolute cracker then. You should make sure you bring a team pennant to give to the opposition captian as a token of good will before the game as well....think ill head over to West Pennant Hills, it may not be the top of the table clash, but at least they are'nt afraid to show their grudge against each other!

Phantom2000
wrote on 31-May-06 10:03

Pup thats a cracker of a call, keep them coming. Wooooo, what will he come up with next. The man is on fire.

Tugga
wrote on 31-May-06 10:05

we all know whats happening here, PUP wats to cause a stir probably cause he doesent play for any of the "contenders" or any of the top 2 teams and this is his way of getting involved in title talk. go on pup and all the others that feel this is their only outlet to being good. we could even have a forum "semis" and finals for you guys, like giving the div kid at school the milk run. the pennant would go to batts.

Fiddy cent
wrote on 31-May-06 10:08

Nice one Pup, Yes, that's right, we'll hold Normo's hand..........I don't see anything wrong with showing respect to your opponents when it is due. You however Pup, do not deserve the same.....tool

FYI
wrote on 31-May-06 12:01

"If Penno could win something and then put in a few good consitent performances the following years, everyone would hate them too." - Bilbo Baggins Dear Bilbo, In reference to your comment above, do you know anything about the history (ancient or modern) of Premier League? I know it's ancient history, but Penno have actually been in the top 4, 10 times over the last 15 years. This includes 2 Premierships and 5 GF appearances. Did you also know that Penno have NEVER been relegated in 26 years of PL? More current history shows us that Penno have been in the Top 4 for the last 4 years (2002 - GF) and in 2000 lost 1 game to STA all year, incl GF win. So Bilbo, love them or hate them, Penno HAS had consistent performances of late and would seem to be on track for at least a Top 4 finish this year. Perhaps before shooting your mouth off again, you could check WTF you are talking about............and no, I don't play for them.

Pup
wrote on 31-May-06 13:05

Tugga Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > we all know whats happening here, PUP wats to > cause a stir probably cause he doesent play for > any of the "contenders" or any of the top 2 teams > and this is his way of getting involved in title > talk. Ha ha, probably. But i dont see whya lot of people from different clubs have to give each other the big pat on the shoulders before playing each other. I am merley stating that i like the attitude of the STA and WPH clubs who have created a good solid rivalry and never back down on this site from what i have seen. So maybe i am creating a stir, but a bit of hype will make the anticipation for this game all the more. Or as i said, if everyone is going to give each other a kiss and blow sunshine out each other's asses before kick off then i think many would rather go out to Cambell and watch the other big game, where there is nearly always a bit of heat. So calm down pal, its just a thought.

Mystikal
wrote on 31-May-06 13:06

FYI Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Perhaps before shooting your mouth off again, you > could check WTF you are talking > about............and no, I don't play for them. Must be sleeping with one of the players :p

Phantom2000
wrote on 31-May-06 14:02

Mate your not that important to create a stir, or create more hype than there already is for either game, pull your head in champ.

Whoever
wrote on 31-May-06 16:00

Whoever D Milligan is he certainly wins the award for most anonymous posts!! Everyone should email him at [email protected] to find out his real identity

DMilligan
wrote on 31-May-06 16:00

That's right Sprouts. DMilligan.....ex-Penno 3 yrs retired, playing with the old guys now. Who are you? Quite happy that my name can be public...I don't sweat it like most of the guys here. In fact I will post all further opinions as 'DMilligan' I posted because I am an avid reader of the forum where there is a lot of decent point of view. Yes there is a lot of garbage, but I don't mind. I posted in response to Pup as he clearly had no idea. He believes that showing respect for your opponent is weakness. I choose to disagree. Mr Bilbo Baggins also stated that no one hates Penno because they haven't been consistent, so I gave him the info he craved. None of the current Penno squad get that involved, so I stood up for club of 12 years. Have you got that loyalty?

Whoever
wrote on 31-May-06 16:01

Damn... he beat me to it

sprouts
wrote on 31-May-06 16:01

There you go again! Milligan

Sprouts
wrote on 31-May-06 16:03

Who the Fluck is D Milligan?

Pup
wrote on 31-May-06 16:03

Coming from the guy that has to have his big say on every topic on this forum...likeways champ.

who cares?
wrote on 31-May-06 16:08

Who cares

Phantom2000
wrote on 31-May-06 17:01

Agreed

wrote on 31-May-06 17:02

i am now dumber for having read the last page of this thread. threads always go downhill as soon as it gets personal. 95% of posts here are anonymous so give Milligan a break. phantom2000, pup makes a point. you are one of the more prolific posters on this forum i.e. you always have your say because, presumably, you have an opinion. pup also expressed an opinion. if you dont agree maybe you should try saying why rather than immediately resorting to the less intelligent option of hurling insults. anybody can do that mate.

Author:
Subject: