Granville FA new X-league

Views: 2283 Posts: 14
Juice
wrote on 14-Oct-21 17:07

Granville FA with an innovative initiative

https://footballnsw.com.au/2021/10/14/granville-district-soccer-fa-announce-x-league/?fbclid=IwAR1_1_51A55Zmh9y-1dYKVAdkc4HBs0axLSVBMy1ppMRU8dhaZ_BivHwGG8

Good on paper
wrote on 17-Oct-21 22:07

This sounds awesome and is a good idea But it's just going to go to shit again like the Granville comp always does because of the teams from auburn and parramatta. Those teams are the reason why the Granville comp pl died to start off with. They then tried to merge with bankstown as they couldn't get enough teams and that comp died too. Those teams are also one of the reasons that helped create the hills comp. So once again it's a good idea But I wouldn't go anywhere near it.

lord keithington of kenthurst iv
wrote on 19-Oct-21 18:02

rubbish comp couldnt organise a shag in a brothel will just be all in brawls and no refs nobody in their right mind would ref in that rubbish district

Juice
wrote on 21-Oct-21 07:05

Not really interested in the Association but more the competition concept. How good if all Associations could do something similar?

coffee
wrote on 21-Oct-21 10:09

Definitely some good ideas in there that could be implemented in NWSF. 24 teams seems ambitious, and I think will lead to a lower standard across the board. Would be better to start smaller and expand based on demand/interest.

Peoples Choice
wrote on 22-Oct-21 15:03

How would a 20 player 1 team format work? That sounds like a Canterbury Districts style comp. Imagine the likes of Kenthurst, they would field 4 teams.

Bash
wrote on 28-Oct-21 22:07

* Livestream Broadcast & Commentary of ‘Match of the Round’ * Local officials and talent officiating matches * 2 Leagues (X-League 1 and X-League 2) * 12 Teams in each league * Single Team format of up to 20 players per team * Promotion and Relegation * Prize Money for Premiers and Champions * Season Launch Party with special guest * End of Season Player & Team Awards Evening * Entry into Australia’s oldest knockout competition “The Cottam Cup” * NPL Opportunities * ‘Match of the Round’ played at the legendary Melita Stadium home of the Parramatta Eagles FC == add * Free Police assist & riot squad at all matches!

Hype
wrote on 29-Oct-21 12:02

Curious to know of any suggestions to improve our PL comp.

Walker Texas
wrote on 29-Oct-21 13:08

Hype Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Curious to know of any suggestions to improve our > PL comp. Remove North Epping

Teddy Bear
wrote on 29-Oct-21 16:05

Hype Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Curious to know of any suggestions to improve our > PL comp. Get rid of that absolute weapon of a coach at NER. I reckon his mum thinks he’s a wanker

TR
wrote on 29-Oct-21 17:01

Hahaha this is the guy who tried to get my brother to leave our squad to play for him. Yeh come and play for the team that came last…. Melt

Hype
wrote on 29-Oct-21 18:09

I actually meant serious suggestions re structure, marketing etc.

Trials
wrote on 06-Nov-21 00:06

Went to a trial for one of the X league teams as I really missed playing The quality at the trial was a mixed bag but there were definitely ghfa first grade quality players there which I was surprised about The comp might actually end up being pretty good To answer the above question maybe take a page out of the X league book and have a match of the round held at Christie or penno that's live streamed. I really like that idea.

lord keithington of kenthurst iv
wrote on 11-Nov-21 18:02

bring back kenthurst this will increase the standard of your rubbish comp thats gone backwards tweny years

Author:
Subject: