Standard of Ref in the Assoc.

Views: 844 Posts: 8
Towey
wrote on 09-Jul-21 19:03

People bitch and moan about the standard of refereeing in the association.
come on man - they are paid a miserly $60 and poor change room (if ever there is one) sometimes there are no assistant/s,

These Top Refs in Europe travel around in First Class - have caviar in the Dining Hall; get paid thousands per game but their standard is not much better than, say, Juice. If Juice officated this match - I doubt he would have faired worst given all the high/low tech, VAR, radio and Top notch assistant.

How did the Top-Grade ref not seen the other ball? If he did saw it - why was it not interfering with Play?

Why didn't the Assistant also flag for the extra ball?

Why didn't this Top-Grade ref go to the display screen?

Why didn't the VAR with so many high tech vision advise the Top-Grade Ref?

why are you bitching and moaning after every Saturday's GHFA PL Match re officiating?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JwSxZGf3ZI

Alan Swan
wrote on 14-Jul-21 17:09

You have players scream at you when a foul occurs, you elect to play advantage to see where it goes, the player gets fouled again but he is heading into the penalty box, he enters the penalty box and then he snaps off a strike and hits the back of the net.. GOAL ! Everybody is elated, the referee could have pulled the foul up 20-30 yards back and the defence would have loaded up and it could have come to nothing, but he elected in good judgement to play the advantage and let the game flow, the player with the ball was not giving up and everybody was up in arms, but once the goal had been scored no comments in regards to the previous fouls were mentioned. As Towey mentioned the referees are not professionals they came from within the Association and if they are really good they will not be officiating in park soccer at PL level, they will be out at State or National Level climbing higher ranks for more prestigious games with higher match payments. PL referee gets a crew made up a Junior Assistant who has normally come off his or her own match at 12 Noon, they are thirsty and tired before they start Reserves and then the afternoon gets worse with grown men abusing them, of course the main referee has to support his junior and then the talks start with the cards following and the afternoon is a real hoot ! Then First Grade starts and you hope like hell the players are going to play to the spirit of game, but usually not, the chat has normally started and away we go for a fun filled 90 minutes of man management. Yes I retired years ago from refereeing in Australia and moved to Port Moresby and the players here smash each other and then hug each other and then thank the referee for giving them a card and everybody calls these guys savages LOL !

Alan Swan
wrote on 14-Jul-21 17:09

You have players scream at you when a foul occurs, you elect to play advantage to see where it goes, the player gets fouled again but he is heading into the penalty box, he enters the penalty box and then he snaps off a strike and hits the back of the net.. GOAL ! Everybody is elated, the referee could have pulled the foul up 20-30 yards back and the defence would have loaded up and it could have come to nothing, but he elected in good judgement to play the advantage and let the game flow, the player with the ball was not giving up and everybody was up in arms, but once the goal had been scored no comments in regards to the previous fouls were mentioned. As Towey mentioned the referees are not professionals they came from within the Association and if they are really good they will not be officiating in park soccer at PL level, they will be out at State or National Level climbing higher ranks for more prestigious games with higher match payments. PL referee gets a crew made up a Junior Assistant who has normally come off his or her own match at 12 Noon, they are thirsty and tired before they start Reserves and then the afternoon gets worse with grown men abusing them, of course the main referee has to support his junior and then the talks start with the cards following and the afternoon is a real hoot ! Then First Grade starts and you hope like hell the players are going to play to the spirit of game, but usually not, the chat has normally started and away we go for a fun filled 90 minutes of man management. Yes I retired years ago from refereeing in Australia and moved to Port Moresby and the players here smash each other and then hug each other and then thank the referee for giving them a card and everybody calls these guys savages LOL !

Savages
wrote on 15-Jul-21 09:07

That was almost a rational post Swannie until you casually referred to people from Port Moresby as savages like its 1933. Worst thing is a referee that wants the game to be all about them. Do you seriously want players to come up and thank your for playing advantage or giving them a card? Or could we just get on with playing football

Fitzy
wrote on 15-Jul-21 13:05

Football NSW is about to run a referees course while we're in lockdown if anyone wanted to become a referee or just wanted to learn what the rules actually are! Course is 20th / 21st July. https://footballnsw.com.au/2021/07/13/kris-griffiths-jones-nows-the-time-to-become-a-referee/?fbclid=IwAR1UjIG72B5IL0b9Gs2GmeT_Py-vKDg94HtzGus2l34EDYv_k9My3uMzM14

Alan Swan
wrote on 20-Jul-21 12:05

COVID must be seriously affecting the humor of some people in Sydney, cannot people see the point behind posts, does there always have to be a conspiracy theory behind everything, to be frank I refereed games not wanting one iota of thanks, because like any authority of law, we are not there as officials to be loved, we are there to rule on points of law and like anything in life not everybody is going to agree with every decision. One of the first statements in the rule book is "In the referee's opinion" not the players opinion, not the coaches opinion, not the crowd opinion. All players should know the rules of the game they are playing and even you if you don't want to be a referee go and do the course and your eyes will be opened to a lot of things you thought you knew, but you don't really have a full grasp of. PS: Savage, I don't hide behind a User Name you can see all my details clearly, I have worked in PNG for quite some time and I don't believe at all the PNG people are savages at all, it is what is said to me when I refer to PNG people back in Australia and you would have seen the little LOL on my message, as a Keyboard Assassin I guess you would know what LOL meant ?

Alan Swan
wrote on 20-Jul-21 12:05

COVID must be seriously affecting the humor of some people in Sydney, cannot people see the point behind posts, does there always have to be a conspiracy theory behind everything, to be frank I refereed games not wanting one iota of thanks, because like any authority of law, we are not there as officials to be loved, we are there to rule on points of law and like anything in life not everybody is going to agree with every decision. One of the first statements in the rule book is "In the referee's opinion" not the players opinion, not the coaches opinion, not the crowd opinion. All players should know the rules of the game they are playing and even you if you don't want to be a referee go and do the course and your eyes will be opened to a lot of things you thought you knew, but you don't really have a full grasp of. PS: Savage, I don't hide behind a User Name you can see all my details clearly, I have worked in PNG for quite some time and I don't believe at all the PNG people are savages at all, it is what is said to me when I refer to PNG people back in Australia and you would have seen the little LOL on my message, as a Keyboard Assassin I guess you would know what LOL meant ?

schultz
wrote on 21-Jul-21 16:02

This was their advertising for referees on facebook yesterday

Author:
Subject: