Honse
wrote on 05-Jun-21 17:00

Put ya score up honse

Post ya
wrote on 05-Jun-21 17:04

Normo v wrr?

Tiger
wrote on 05-Jun-21 17:05

Confused Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hawks contenders or pretenders?? Interesting to > see them get a win away from home at the spiritual > Boronia. They had a strong second half. Wanted it a bit more than us today

Dragons Manager
wrote on 05-Jun-21 17:05

Ressies Dragons 4 NER 1 Firsts Dragons 1 NER 1

Confused
wrote on 05-Jun-21 17:09

Hawks contenders or pretenders?? Interesting to see them get a win away from home at the spiritual Boronia.

Crunch time
wrote on 05-Jun-21 18:08

Not a lot of change then from this weekend. Next weekends double header will be the big one for the comp.

Fill in
wrote on 05-Jun-21 18:09

WRR ressies 0-3 WRR firsts 1-1

Love it
wrote on 05-Jun-21 19:04

Wow, woodies suck these days. You love to see it

Mr Nobody
wrote on 05-Jun-21 19:09

Anyone at Waterloo this Arvo the Referee in first grade was way out of his league absolutely shocking. Gave a pen against us for no reason and sent a dragon to the bin for no reason. Ref ran to him and gotbin his face. He really spoilt the game by making it about him

Geezer
wrote on 05-Jun-21 20:05

Little pommy fella, Made some interesting calls

Mike dean
wrote on 05-Jun-21 21:02

What’s the deal with the standard of 1st grade refs at the moment? Surely there’s better around. Seems to be all power tripping heros

Dragons Coach
wrote on 05-Jun-21 22:05

I disagree about your comment on the penalty. It was a dead on penalty, very easy call to make. The comment made for the TD was “you don’t seem to like me very much do you”. Beyond a joke to me considering the referee approached him after giving the yellow card for the foul (correct decision). In the ressies game I have no idea why the first NER player got the TD, but I do know that the referee on ressies draws a hard line with any comments at all so if you know him you know not to talk. The second one was harsh at the start of the second half for the NER player, he commented in frustration “it’s an f***ing shoulder to shoulder”. Clearly an exclamation in frustration, no dissent against the referee directly. But I didn’t hear if there were any other comments after it (don’t think there was). In first grade, regardless of the referee, the game was shocking. I felt bad for anyone having to watch that rubbish. Honestly the worst game of ‘football’ over ever been apart of. All the best for the second round!

Yikes
wrote on 05-Jun-21 23:05

+ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I said fuck off that was definitely shoulder to > shoulder (not directed at him), he interpreted > that as telling him to fuck off. I shouldn't have > reacted but his reaction emphasised the huge ego > he carried. No idea what the first TD was for but > he really just seemed shitty that he had to be > there...nonetheless, good match in 1st grade. Ref > couldn't seem to keep up. Good match?! It was one of the lowest games ive ever seen and i know ppl from both clubs. Shows who has what expectations I guess

+
wrote on 05-Jun-21 23:09

I said fuck off that was definitely shoulder to shoulder (not directed at him), he interpreted that as telling him to fuck off. I shouldn't have reacted but his reaction emphasised the huge ego he carried. No idea what the first TD was for but he really just seemed shitty that he had to be there...nonetheless, good match in 1st grade. Ref couldn't seem to keep up.

+
wrote on 06-Jun-21 01:03

I was only there for the fiest 20 so let me rephrase. Seemed it was turning into a good match.. Obviously not.

kenthurst keith
wrote on 06-Jun-21 08:08

another loss for wph dont ever compare those frauds to the mighty bush boys again the writing is on the wall

Mu
wrote on 06-Jun-21 11:04

Kenthurst Colonel

Sir normo
wrote on 06-Jun-21 14:07

What’s happened to normo? Are they on the slide or what?the worst they have looked in the past 5 years.

Smart
wrote on 06-Jun-21 15:02

Well if they are the worst they have looked in 5 years they must be on the slide right?

SlippinAndASlidin
wrote on 06-Jun-21 17:09

Smart Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well if they are the worst they have looked in 5 > years they must be on the slide right? ..and if Normo are on the slide then you have to feel sorry for the SEVEN other teams below them on the table

Hypo
wrote on 06-Jun-21 23:09

Dragons drop points and come on here and whinge about the red Welcome to the premier league

John P
wrote on 07-Jun-21 05:07

Hypo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dragons drop points and come on here and whinge > about the red > > Welcome to the premier league What red? They got a red? Can’t find them whinging either

kenthurst keith
wrote on 07-Jun-21 09:07

normo have been rubbish ever since battman left

Re Normo
wrote on 07-Jun-21 09:07

Don't think I have never watched such a one sided game where a team didn't win. Goal disallowed, hit post, shot off top bar possibly crossed the line (who knows), at least four cleared off the line and by my count just in the last 20 minutes 12 balls into the penalty area. Not sure whether it was poor attacking or sheer hard luck. One decent striker and it could have been a cricket score .... but it wasn't! WRR certainly gave their all and threw everything into stopping the ball crossing the line so I guess they deserved a draw.

Big Whinge
wrote on 07-Jun-21 09:09

Dragons Coach Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In first grade, regardless of the referee, the > game was shocking. I felt bad for anyone having to > watch that rubbish. Honestly the worst game of > ‘football’ over ever been apart of. > > All the best for the second round! Pretty sure this comment here from the coach is having a whinge. The player who received the sin bin had committed three or four fouls before receiving the yellow, and argued with the ref each time loud enough everyone on the sideline could hear. The sinbin was coming for a long time. Especially as the ref is known for not liking back chat, so if you know him you know not to talk Watching from the sideline it wasn't a low quality game. End to end with chances for both teams, GKs at both end making some excellent save including a Pen save. Dragons moved the ball well but were clearly frustrated that they couldn't break the rangers down.

Dragons Coach
wrote on 07-Jun-21 10:03

Not trying to have a sook about anything. Football is a game of opinions, I’m just giving nine. I thought it was a poor game. At the very least looking to how we have played at times this season and what we expect, we were rubbish. Both keepers were fantastic. We broke rangers down enough times throughout the game, just like rangers did us, but the low quality comment comes from the fact most of what happened on Saturday was by default, not design and when that’s the case it’s a flip of the coin for who the winner will be, and that is shit footy. But credit where credit is due, NER had a game plan, stuck to it and executed it well enough to walk away with a point away from home. I agree about the fouls from that player but the complaints he made were never disrespectful towards the referee and his comments that led to the TD were not TD worthy by any means. But as you said, if you know this ref you know what he accepts and doesn’t accept. Looking forward to the next round.

kenthurst keith
wrote on 07-Jun-21 10:04

the difference between ghfa teams and hfi teams hfi teams are true hard footballers ghfa teams like bold and the beautiful hfi comp toughest in nsw how are hills hawkes going

Smitty
wrote on 07-Jun-21 10:08

Big Whinge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dragons Coach Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > In first grade, regardless of the referee, the > > game was shocking. I felt bad for anyone having > to > > watch that rubbish. Honestly the worst game of > > ‘football’ over ever been apart of. > > > > All the best for the second round! > > > Pretty sure this comment here from the coach is > having a whinge. > > The player who received the sin bin had committed > three or four fouls before receiving the yellow, > and argued with the ref each time loud enough > everyone on the sideline could hear. The sinbin > was coming for a long time. Especially as the ref > is known for not liking back chat, so if you know > him you know not to talk > > Watching from the sideline it wasn't a low quality > game. End to end with chances for both teams, GKs > at both end making some excellent save including a > Pen save. Dragons moved the ball well but were > clearly frustrated that they couldn't break the > rangers down. Having a whinge about what? The low standard of quality on the day from the dragons?? Don’t hear any whinging about the ref or NER.. And if you think that was’nt a low quality game then you clearly don’t have any understanding about football. Defend for 90 minutes and pump the ball long when you get it.. great football. Coach absolutely loves to carry on.

Facts Jack
wrote on 07-Jun-21 10:09

Smitty Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Big Whinge Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Dragons Coach Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > > > In first grade, regardless of the referee, > the > > > game was shocking. I felt bad for anyone > having > > to > > > watch that rubbish. Honestly the worst game > of > > > ‘football’ over ever been apart of. > > > > > > All the best for the second round! > > > > > > Pretty sure this comment here from the coach is > > having a whinge. > > > > The player who received the sin bin had > committed > > three or four fouls before receiving the > yellow, > > and argued with the ref each time loud enough > > everyone on the sideline could hear. The sinbin > > was coming for a long time. Especially as the > ref > > is known for not liking back chat, so if you > know > > him you know not to talk > > > > Watching from the sideline it wasn't a low > quality > > game. End to end with chances for both teams, > GKs > > at both end making some excellent save including > a > > Pen save. Dragons moved the ball well but were > > clearly frustrated that they couldn't break the > > rangers down. > > Having a whinge about what? The low standard of > quality on the day from the dragons?? Don’t hear > any whinging about the ref or NER.. > And if you think that was’nt a low quality game > then you clearly don’t have any understanding > about football. Defend for 90 minutes and pump the > ball long when you get it.. great football. > Coach absolutely loves to carry on. Facts: 1. The game was terrible 2. NER obviously like it gritty and good on them 3. NER celebrated like they won the GF - again good on them Anyone who says that was a top quality game is having a laugh

Impartial 2.0
wrote on 07-Jun-21 13:06

I generally find the Dragons Coach input on the forum quite balanced and fair minded. Like The Rock, he doesn't constantly complain about refs and talks about the broader game with great insight. I think comments regarding refs and the sin bin rule; We need a specific guideline regarding what constitutes dissent. It's too broad and it can be interpreted differently by different people within the game (refs, players, managers, spectators) From what has been described by Dragons Coach and +, what has led to those sin bins is not what I what call as dissent. That's frustration and there's a difference. We need get a consistent approach about this.

Scrapper
wrote on 07-Jun-21 14:00

The issue is, North Epping are built around scrapping and defending when they don't know how to attack. The Gaffer at the helm is from the streets of Wales and thats all he knows how to do. Defend with 11 behind the ball, forget attack, we can draw 18 games and make the finals. Good football, for Super League.

THE ROCK
wrote on 07-Jun-21 14:05

kenthurst keith Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the difference between ghfa teams and hfi teams > hfi teams are true hard footballers ghfa teams > like bold and the beautiful hfi comp toughest in > nsw how are hills hawkes going Take a breath or learn to use punctuation bud. Reminds me of someone..... @Dragons Coach - The issues with TD's from what i've seen this year is that they are being used to control complaining. The whole purpose of a TD is control dissent to a referee, which my understanding is effectively abuse. Problem is, it's subjective. Some refs will say asking a question is dissent, others won't.

Fitzy
wrote on 07-Jun-21 14:05

A TD is for - Dissent by Word or Action - and if you get to page 172 in the rule book it's further defined as a Public protest or disagreement (verbal and/or physical) with a match officials decision. I think most refs can handle a moderate and immediate appeal /complaint eg it was our throw/corner kick/it came off him, c'mon ref he was pushed. Complain 3 times about the same thing when a question is answered then maybe not. How loud the "questioning" is, the tone also weighs into the call. Whinge multiple times in the game and you will at some stage go past a refs tolerance level. If you want to ask a question make sure it's a question. "What the F*%K was that for" or "what game were you watching" are not questions. A red card is for - Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and or gestures - defined as pg 175 - Verbal or physical behavior which is rude, hurtful, disrespectful. What represents hurtful will be in the eye of the beholder. There will never be a list of acceptable and not acceptable words or phrases. Look at the uncovered games from the weekend and you will see the result of dissent throughout the grades. Football should be a game to be enjoyed by all involved. Enjoy round 2.

Juice
wrote on 07-Jun-21 15:03

Dragons coach, the TD rule was partly introduce to avoid the accruing of unnecessary formal cautions for such actions - to keep players on the pitch. I don’t think it’s a bad thing but many fellow persons in black did when it came in. Perhaps some refs are grey a little between what’s player frustration and what’s decent which is where it comes unstuck a little. This is where the refs instructions at the start of the game with captains, helps perhaps generalise about what’s tolerant and what’s not. Generally speaking though, I can’t imagine too many refs dishing out a TD from the outset without some interaction with a player first by word. Added to that, as you’ve wisely pointed out, as I remember when I played, you’d see who your centre was and in some cases, you just knew to keep your mouth shut else it would only ever end one way. Like it or not, it’s reality. I’ve read above somewhere that TDs are being used to stop complaining… technically speaking, incessant complaining and questioning decisions is decent when you think about it. Like Dragons coach said, refs are human, they have good games, and they have bad games. Might have had a crap day at work Friday, been up all night feeding a baby or looking after a sick kid, so they turn up a little extra spent, they get questioned over and over, ‘absorb’ player’s frustrations, spectators abuse, the bench! Lol… a little tolerance goes along way and yes I know it works both ways, but get to know your refs. You’ll enjoy it more when you set your expectations of refs at a realistic level :)

Fitzy
wrote on 07-Jun-21 15:07

It's like speeding on the freeway. Some Policeman turn a blind eye to someone driving at 115km/h, some 120km/h and some 123km/h. Some Policeman just had a fight with their wife before their shift started and you don't want to drive past them! The key is let the other team discover where the boundary is! If you let rip quickly with a few choice words and realise it straight away a quick hand up and acknowledgement helps as well.

Dragons Coach
wrote on 07-Jun-21 15:09

Cheers Ftizy. I didn’t realise it was stipulated as such in the rule book. If it says exactly that on page 172 then yes, I can understand the TDs in the weekends games…it sucks because in the heat of the moment anyone will get frustrated and complaining, however they do it, is going to happen but if that’s in the rule book and the refs can use it at their discretion then there’s not much more to add. The tough part is knowing the boundaries with each ref, it’s all well and good to say no one says anything to any ref, but at the end of the day we’re human, frustrations will show and even for referees, it’s hard to be consistent week to week because they’re human too. …ah, the bloody TD rule…

Td - old school
wrote on 07-Jun-21 20:02

Wow everyone is being so nice! Back in my day, there was no TD. It was yellow, shut your mouth or you will cop another one. I think it should be the same today in the PL. everyone is too scared to give a red.

kenthurst keith
wrote on 07-Jun-21 21:07

the game has become soft ghfa softest players in nsw even softer than those tea drinking eastern suburb teams

English breakfast
wrote on 08-Jun-21 05:04

kenthurst keith Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the game has become soft ghfa softest players in > nsw even softer than those tea drinking eastern > suburb teams You loves god tea bag Dont ya Keith don’t lie!

Lel
wrote on 08-Jun-21 07:02

“You love a good teabag” ?? Definitely Agree though

jOE montana
wrote on 08-Jun-21 09:03

TD.. what's a TD?

Jamie
wrote on 08-Jun-21 11:03

TD thick dick.

micro
wrote on 08-Jun-21 11:06

Tiny dick in kenthurst keith's case

Don't h8 just appreci8
wrote on 08-Jun-21 12:07

Not sure what all the hate for North Epping is all about. If you can't break down 10 men behind the ball then it means your attack is cheap. It's as simple as that. I'm in awe how these guys can maintain such discipline and awareness to shut out some of the best attacks in the comp. Coach is a nob. No doubt about that Everyone's laughing at Woodies yet they are in the Top 4 with 6 of their 9 games at home.

kenthurst keith
wrote on 08-Jun-21 19:03

stiffs have been rubbish for years now

Bless Me Father
wrote on 08-Jun-21 19:09

Don't h8 just appreci8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Not sure what all the hate for North Epping is all > about. Still paying for their 2020 sins when they should have been relegated instead of Epping

Ressies > Firsts
wrote on 08-Jun-21 20:06

Mike dean Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What’s the deal with the standard of 1st grade > refs at the moment? Surely there’s better > around. Seems to be all power tripping heros Whilst we are talking about referees, this is something that I'm finding way too often. I've found majority of the reserves referee's to be so much better than the first grade refs. Especially the younger ones. If there are so many problems occurring with our first grade refs, why aren't these reserves refs getting the call-up to see how they fare? Surely they can't be any worse than what we are getting so far?

keith Hackett
wrote on 08-Jun-21 21:01

Ressies > Firsts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mike dean Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > What’s the deal with the standard of 1st > grade > > refs at the moment? Surely there’s better > > around. Seems to be all power tripping heros > > Whilst we are talking about referees, this is > something that I'm finding way too often. > > I've found majority of the reserves referee's to > be so much better than the first grade refs. > Especially the younger ones. > > If there are so many problems occurring with our > first grade refs, why aren't these reserves refs > getting the call-up to see how they fare? Surely > they can't be any worse than what we are getting > so far? Seniority mate,, just like the EPL. All the crappy refs are the oldies who don't get dropped howlers after howlers

Don’t hurt my feelings
wrote on 09-Jun-21 13:01

Bless Me Father Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don't h8 just appreci8 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Not sure what all the hate for North Epping is > all > > about. > > Still paying for their 2020 sins when they should > have been relegated instead of Epping Pretty sure they have been wankers from back in the day.... Give up and play super league

Author:
Subject: