Dragons Manager
wrote on 22-May-21 16:07

RESSIES
Hawks 3-0

FIRTS
Dragons 4-1

Go the dragons
wrote on 22-May-21 17:00

Once again we were too good today. Start engraving our name on the Premiers Shield

Wooooah
wrote on 22-May-21 17:00

Fuuuaaaark was that Dragons Hawks game at Dragons home ground?

ESTA
wrote on 22-May-21 17:02

EEW VS STA RESSIES 3-1 EEW FIRSTS 3-1 EEW

WPH vs WRR

Ressies Rovers 6-3 Firsts WPH 6-3

Nope

Wooooah Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Fuuuaaaark was that Dragons Hawks game at Dragons > home ground? Nope !! At the Hawkies home mate !! Dragons too good !

Well well well
wrote on 22-May-21 17:04

FTF day was a great success

?
wrote on 22-May-21 17:06

Why does honse only put the score up when woods win

Orange & Black
wrote on 22-May-21 17:08

NER vs NMH Reserve Grade: 0-0 First Grade: 0-0

Presidency
wrote on 22-May-21 18:02

Surely someone within EEW needs to be held accountable. These young kids aren’t cutting it. What happened to the tigers of old. Chris Salmon has run the club into the ground. Needs to go!!!! Muppets with no idea should never run clubs. Look at YMCA!

Pep
wrote on 22-May-21 18:03

I told you all I would turn it around! Today is the start of the return of the dominant WPH

Hey
wrote on 22-May-21 18:06

Presidency Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Surely someone within EEW needs to be held > accountable. These young kids aren’t cutting it. > What happened to the tigers of old. Chris Salmon > has run the club into the ground. Needs to go!!!! > Muppets with no idea should never run clubs. Look > at YMCA! EEW won both grades

pantomime villain
wrote on 22-May-21 18:07

wrr how do u lose 6-3 to wph

Nice
wrote on 22-May-21 19:02

Pep Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I told you all I would turn it around! > Today is the start of the return of the dominant > WPH Great game. Loved how the ref sent you off after 20 mins of the game. Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

Your Ressies suck
wrote on 22-May-21 19:07

Go the dragons Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Once again we were too good today. > Start engraving our name on the Premiers Shield You better hope you have no injuries and can keep the same 11 on the park all season. I've seen your Ressies ...

Dragons forever
wrote on 22-May-21 19:09

Pep Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I told you all I would turn it around! > Today is the start of the return of the dominant > WPH To be dominant you'll need to overcome that 12 point head start you've given to Dragons

ref
wrote on 23-May-21 00:03

Terrible refereeing going both ways today at LH Waud tbh, both teams rightfully questioning his decisions all game and all he did was arrogantly tell everyone to shut up from the get go, literally from 1 or 2 minutes in. I can sort of understand and sympathise with a ref when he's been getting it all game and needs to assert some dominance but this bloke was just another power-hungry, insecure little man. This type of refereeing does not help the game at all, it just pisses off players more, making the game more aggressive and spurs on more bad challenges as was evident today.

constant complaints
wrote on 23-May-21 00:09

ref Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Terrible refereeing going both ways today at LH > Waud tbh, both teams rightfully questioning his > decisions all game and all he did was arrogantly > tell everyone to shut up from the get go, > literally from 1 or 2 minutes in. > > I can sort of understand and sympathise with a ref > when he's been getting it all game and needs to > assert some dominance but this bloke was just > another power-hungry, insecure little man. This > type of refereeing does not help the game at all, > it just pisses off players more, making the game > more aggressive and spurs on more bad challenges > as was evident today. maybe the refs actually have been bad for wph if theyre still complaining about them after they've won a game

FireBreather
wrote on 23-May-21 06:05

Dragons are simply the best. We proved it today, and will again next week. Ok we may have put ourselves 5 points clear with only 8 games gone but watch us go 15 clear by the end of next round.

Come on
wrote on 23-May-21 07:08

these guys pretending to be from dragons must have nothing better to do. We can all tell when it’s actually a player from a club talking about themselves.

Suck it up
wrote on 23-May-21 08:00

Refs are human. Suck it up. Everyone has a bad game. You’re lucky to have a centre and 2 ARs. AA15 pay rego fees and they’re not guaranteed a centre every week! If you want better refs go and play npl. If you’re not good enough for npl accept that refs are going to have bad games, just like you will as a sub-npl quality player.

Juice
wrote on 23-May-21 08:02

ref Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Terrible refereeing going both ways today at LH > Waud tbh, both teams rightfully questioning his > decisions all game and all he did was arrogantly > tell everyone to shut up from the get go, > literally from 1 or 2 minutes in. > > I can sort of understand and sympathise with a ref > when he's been getting it all game and needs to > assert some dominance but this bloke was just > another power-hungry, insecure little man. This > type of refereeing does not help the game at all, > it just pisses off players more, making the game > more aggressive and spurs on more bad challenges > as was evident today. Perhaps both parties could have had better games then ‘ref’ ;) Hut how’s this for a statement, ‘both teams RIGHTFULLY questioning his decisions’. Sounds like that would’ve helped the situation ;) Objectively speaking, do you remember the teacher at school that was ok and you could have a bit of fun in their class, and then there was the teacher that ruled with an iron fist? You just knew in that class you had to behave, do the right thing, follow their expectations. Like that or not, a wiser player would adjust accordingly... just a bit of advice. Refs have bad games too, some personalities are the way they are, just like players. Control what you can control ‘ref’ :)

Out of area
wrote on 23-May-21 10:08

In the Normo vs Nerds game we had two referees from outside the association referee the two games. Thought they were very good.

I beg u give us a penalty
wrote on 23-May-21 11:03

Out of area Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In the Normo vs Nerds game we had two referees > from outside the association referee the two > games. Thought they were very good. didnt allow any goals in either game though

let's be objective
wrote on 23-May-21 17:00

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ref Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Terrible refereeing going both ways today at LH > > Waud tbh, both teams rightfully questioning > his > > decisions all game and all he did was > arrogantly > > tell everyone to shut up from the get go, > > literally from 1 or 2 minutes in. > > > > I can sort of understand and sympathise with a > ref > > when he's been getting it all game and needs to > > assert some dominance but this bloke was just > > another power-hungry, insecure little man. This > > type of refereeing does not help the game at > all, > > it just pisses off players more, making the > game > > more aggressive and spurs on more bad > challenges > > as was evident today. > > Perhaps both parties could have had better games > then ‘ref’ ;) Hut how’s this for a > statement, ‘both teams RIGHTFULLY questioning > his decisions’. Sounds like that would’ve > helped the situation ;) > Objectively speaking, do you remember the teacher > at school that was ok and you could have a bit of > fun in their class, and then there was the teacher > that ruled with an iron fist? You just knew in > that class you had to behave, do the right thing, > follow their expectations. Like that or not, a > wiser player would adjust accordingly... just a > bit of advice. Refs have bad games too, some > personalities are the way they are, just like > players. Control what you can control ‘ref’ :) Objectively speaking, it's more akin to a cashier giving you the wrong change at checkout and when you question them in a totally rational manner they tell you to shut up and get lost rofl. We all know what the rules are... and ofcorse ref's can have bad games and make the wrong decisions, but if a referee wants any respect from the players they are maybe not obligated to but are at least morally bound to explain their decision before immediately fucking them off and hampering the spirit of the game. Simples.

Refereeing joke
wrote on 23-May-21 17:00

The refereeing at LH Ward was abysmal in both grades. Can someone explain a penalty given for a hand ball when the player is 2 metres away from the ball and has the ball blasted into his arm which is by the side of his body.

Obvious
wrote on 23-May-21 17:09

Refereeing joke Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The refereeing at LH Ward was abysmal in both > grades. Can someone explain a penalty given for a > hand ball when the player is 2 metres away from > the ball and has the ball blasted into his arm > which is by the side of his body. It hit his arm. You’re welcome.

Juice
wrote on 23-May-21 18:08

let's be objective Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Juice Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ref Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Terrible refereeing going both ways today at > LH > > > Waud tbh, both teams rightfully questioning > > his > > > decisions all game and all he did was > > arrogantly > > > tell everyone to shut up from the get go, > > > literally from 1 or 2 minutes in. > > > > > > I can sort of understand and sympathise with > a > > ref > > > when he's been getting it all game and needs > to > > > assert some dominance but this bloke was just > > > another power-hungry, insecure little man. > This > > > type of refereeing does not help the game at > > all, > > > it just pisses off players more, making the > > game > > > more aggressive and spurs on more bad > > challenges > > > as was evident today. > > > > Perhaps both parties could have had better > games > > then ‘ref’ ;) Hut how’s this for a > > statement, ‘both teams RIGHTFULLY questioning > > his decisions’. Sounds like that would’ve > > helped the situation ;) > > Objectively speaking, do you remember the > teacher > > at school that was ok and you could have a bit > of > > fun in their class, and then there was the > teacher > > that ruled with an iron fist? You just knew in > > that class you had to behave, do the right > thing, > > follow their expectations. Like that or not, a > > wiser player would adjust accordingly... just a > > bit of advice. Refs have bad games too, some > > personalities are the way they are, just like > > players. Control what you can control ‘ref’ > :) > > Objectively speaking, it's more akin to a cashier > giving you the wrong change at checkout and when > you question them in a totally rational manner > they tell you to shut up and get lost rofl. > > We all know what the rules are... and ofcorse > ref's can have bad games and make the wrong > decisions, but if a referee wants any respect from > the players they are maybe not obligated to but > are at least morally bound to explain their > decision before immediately fucking them off and > hampering the spirit of the game. > > Simples. No referee is morally bound to justify their decision. Back in my day if you did you were quickly sent on your way embarrassed. To this day I remember as captain, questioning the referee’s decision for an explanation to which I was told to go away. I responded but surely as captain I can ask. He rightfully said, go away, you’re only needed to toss a coin... which is true lol, and I did have a chuckle at that reply. It’s a blight on the sport of football and is sadly in-grounded in its culture. If it’s a rule that has been gotten wrong then perhaps there is recourse for your concerns. But I’m guessing your concerns are more around judgment calls by the referee which at the end of the day, are exactly that, judgement calls. Like them or not, one can’t argue a judgment call as it comes from interpretation of the LOTG and the scenario that is presented, which has added elements such as proximity, angle, game conditions and game context. Every ref is different, I’m happy to explain (if it’s appropriate and there’s time/opportunity), but others aren’t, and they don’t have to. There are serial pests that whinge every decision that even test my patience sometimes and I’m pretty laid back. It’s funny how quickly that escalates of a referee chose to ignore. Perhaps this occasion the ref simply established their tolerance level early to which players should adjust to. As players, like I said, you know who you can and who you can’t do that with. Just get on with the next task. Question, do you tear a new a-hole out of the wide mid who hasn’t put a decent ball in the mixer all game, the striker who couldn’t hit water if he fell out of boat missing 2-3 sitters, or the centre back that couldn’t pass 5m all game and you wondered if the opposition had 12 players for it? Like I’ve said, control what you can control. Decisions/interpretation might not always favour you, refs are human, have bad days, have ‘stuff’ going on like the next person. They didn’t wish to explain anything that day, accept and play football, because arguing, escalating the situation and the rapport with the ref, isn’t going to help. Not having a go or being defensive of the whistle, just some advice from an old head that’s seen a lot of good and bad refereeing in my time, and a lot of good and bad ways players have addressed it on the pitch.

Dragons Coach
wrote on 23-May-21 20:00

I thought the refs at Hayes were good. Young lad in ressies did a good job for the pets of the match I was able to see (first half and some of second half). In first grade, he did a good job in the first half. There was a penalty shout for Hills at 2 or 3 nil that could swung momentum and I’m not sure what the call was or wasn’t, but the Hills captain who got the shot off didn’t seem to complain or shout for it. There was one incident at 1-0 where I was taken out and complaining to myself about it, and the ref explained to me that it was an accident and the fella didn’t have eyes on me in the incident, etc. He saw that there may be a moment that I or another player could view it as a malicious challenge but jumped on it and diffused the situation with that chat (not that it would’ve escalated anyway). Regarding referees personally I like to have a dialogue and banter with them and it is alway good when a referee can talk to players on the pitch. Tom (last season)and Grant (this season)do a Good job of that in my experience, juice as well (in preseason). But to your point Juice, 100% players need to identify and adjust to what the ref will accept and the. It becomes a skill managing how to skirt that line (if it can be at all). Like all teams we’ve been on the end of good calls and calls that we’ve thought are bad but over the course of a season it evens out. Looking forward to next week!

Us too
wrote on 23-May-21 20:01

At Hayes yesterday we had two refs who we were told were from Manly way. They were.... interesting

Us too
wrote on 23-May-21 20:01

At Hayes yesterday we had two refs who we were told were from Manly way. They were.... interesting

Hayes observer...
wrote on 23-May-21 20:02

Yeah just on that, I didn’t rate them. Let way too much go including an obvious pen at the end of the first half. Also some pretty bad fouls were only given a yellow card when they literally chopped players in half. Dragons were defn the better of the 2 teams and the ref didn’t affect the outcome of the game.

Tony Archer
wrote on 23-May-21 22:09

Give me the a job as a referee.

Squadstrength
wrote on 23-May-21 23:05

Has a newly promoted SL side ever won the PL the following season? Still a long way to go, any injuries Dragons will suffer. Their ressies are too weak. Need a solid squad of 35 to win

Check out
wrote on 24-May-21 06:01

Squadstrength Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Has a newly promoted SL side ever won the PL the > following season? Still a long way to go, any > injuries Dragons will suffer. Their ressies are > too weak. Need a solid squad of 35 to win All good points. But have a quick squiz at the 21/1 ladder and the 18/1 ladder

Pennant Hills FC guy
wrote on 24-May-21 08:06

PEN vs RSU Ressies 2-5 Firsts 3-0

Pennant Hills FC guy
wrote on 24-May-21 08:06

PEN vs RSU Ressies 2-5 Firsts 3-0

Saints player
wrote on 24-May-21 09:05

They have already had injuries and seem to be coping well. They had 11 players missing against us last week

History
wrote on 24-May-21 09:06

Squadstrength Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Has a newly promoted SL side ever won the PL the > following season? Still a long way to go, any > injuries Dragons will suffer. Their ressies are > too weak. Need a solid squad of 35 to win Few years ago when Rangers came up they were sitting in 1st halfway through the season. Fell away hard in the 2nd half due to lack of depth and finished 5th or 6th

Relegation battle
wrote on 24-May-21 13:07

Saints player Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > They have already had injuries and seem to be > coping well. > They had 11 players missing against us last week Of course Dragons coped well with injuries against you guys, you’re coming last.

kenthurst keith
wrote on 24-May-21 16:01

your lucky the mighty kenthurst arent in this comp anymore wed be belting you uselss muppets

Kenny
wrote on 24-May-21 16:04

You can’t even win your pleb hills district comp, playing the likes of the mighty ROUSE HILl RAMS

Juice
wrote on 24-May-21 16:04

Kenny Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You can’t even win your pleb hills district > comp, playing the likes of the mighty ROUSE HILl > RAMS Not saying KEN would fair any better in NWSFA, but HFI as a comp isn’t the cake walk it was when it first started. The numerous games I’ve watched (Kolts x3, Norwest, Ken, Winston) are faster, certainly a lot more physical and pretty decent quality from what I’ve seen. Think Kenthurst Keith stirring the pot with some Ken banter ;)

Weak
wrote on 24-May-21 17:07

The COC tells you everything you need to know about the hills comp. They get smashed every year

laughable
wrote on 25-May-21 01:06

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Kenny Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > You can’t even win your pleb hills district > > comp, playing the likes of the mighty ROUSE > HILl > > RAMS > > > Not saying KEN would fair any better in NWSFA, but > HFI as a comp isn’t the cake walk it was when it > first started. The numerous games I’ve watched > (Kolts x3, Norwest, Ken, Winston) are faster, > certainly a lot more physical and pretty decent > quality from what I’ve seen. > > Think Kenthurst Keith stirring the pot with some > Ken banter ;) games can look fast and physical if both teams are as poor as each other weak said it correctly, all you have to do is look at the CoC results and that tells you the standard of the comp

Juice
wrote on 25-May-21 08:02

laughable Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Juice Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Kenny Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > You can’t even win your pleb hills district > > > comp, playing the likes of the mighty ROUSE > > HILl > > > RAMS > > > > > > Not saying KEN would fair any better in NWSFA, > but > > HFI as a comp isn’t the cake walk it was when > it > > first started. The numerous games I’ve > watched > > (Kolts x3, Norwest, Ken, Winston) are faster, > > certainly a lot more physical and pretty decent > > quality from what I’ve seen. > > > > Think Kenthurst Keith stirring the pot with > some > > Ken banter ;) > > > games can look fast and physical if both teams are > as poor as each other > > weak said it correctly, all you have to do is look > at the CoC results and that tells you the standard > of the comp A post season knockout competition with one team from each association is hardly a measure for the overall quality of any competition. Watch a couple of season games and then perhaps judge. It's a shame CoC didn't happen last year as I would've like to have seen Kolts perform, who were a very complete side and are again this season as well from what I've seen. To use your logic, Manly Association must thing NWSFA is a rubbish comp to win a CoC final in a canter. Just to clarify, I said fast, physical and QUALITY... I've probably been around a little longer than you to have seen just a few more club football games including outside of NWSFA(GHFA). I'm not putting down the quality of NWSFA but as I alluded to in response to a perhaps an uninformed comment, HFI isn't the ordinary comp it once was when it first started.

No name
wrote on 25-May-21 08:04

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > laughable Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Juice Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Kenny Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > You can’t even win your pleb hills > district > > > > comp, playing the likes of the mighty ROUSE > > > HILl > > > > RAMS > > > > > > > > > Not saying KEN would fair any better in > NWSFA, > > but > > > HFI as a comp isn’t the cake walk it was > when > > it > > > first started. The numerous games I’ve > > watched > > > (Kolts x3, Norwest, Ken, Winston) are faster, > > > certainly a lot more physical and pretty > decent > > > quality from what I’ve seen. > > > > > > Think Kenthurst Keith stirring the pot with > > some > > > Ken banter ;) > > > > > > games can look fast and physical if both teams > are > > as poor as each other > > > > weak said it correctly, all you have to do is > look > > at the CoC results and that tells you the > standard > > of the comp > > A post season knockout competition with one team > from each association is hardly a measure for the > overall quality of any competition. Watch a couple > of season games and then perhaps judge. It's a > shame CoC didn't happen last year as I would've > like to have seen Kolts perform, who were a very > complete side and are again this season as well > from what I've seen. To use your logic, Manly > Association must thing NWSFA is a rubbish comp to > win a CoC final in a canter. > > Just to clarify, I said fast, physical and > QUALITY... I've probably been around a little > longer than you to have seen just a few more club > football games including outside of NWSFA(GHFA). > I'm not putting down the quality of NWSFA but as I > alluded to in response to a perhaps an uninformed > comment, HFI isn't the ordinary comp it once was > when it first started. Its hard to compare comps. Juice knows we played Castle Hill Utd in trials and they weren’t bad at all. We had a few players missing in Firsts but they were a good unit and are currently “only” 4th/5th in Hills comp. Their Ressies were really good. Im guessing their strong teams would easily compete in our comp but perhaps the ones down the bottom would struggle against our bottom clubs

H
wrote on 25-May-21 09:07

Sorry, but as much as you would like to think there is quality in your competition the majority of sides in the competition wouldn't qualify for Prems in the Manly Association. Completely different pace and quality throughout each team which is why they fair so well every year in COC. Have a look at who has won COC over the last 10 Years as you will see the likes of Pittwater and Brookvale very prominent. This year CC Strikers are on top in both Grades and shows that it's just not one team that dominates.

Money Bags
wrote on 25-May-21 10:01

Plenty of clubs with deep pockets over the beaches way as well.

Juice
wrote on 25-May-21 10:02

H Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sorry, but as much as you would like to think > there is quality in your competition the majority > of sides in the competition wouldn't qualify for > Prems in the Manly Association. > Completely different pace and quality throughout > each team which is why they fair so well every > year in COC. > > Have a look at who has won COC over the last 10 > Years as you will see the likes of Pittwater and > Brookvale very prominent. > > This year CC Strikers are on top in both Grades > and shows that it's just not one team that > dominates. H, I don't think anyone made a comparison with Manly Association. The association is and always will be strong. So many former Manly FC and other NPL players live on the 'insular peninsula' to spread across the association's PL sides its no wonder the comp is as strong as it is. Pittwater and Brookie were always sides filled with players that played at the higher levels and with vast experience. It's a very tough comp to win I'd imagine.

Not a dragon
wrote on 25-May-21 12:02

Dragons Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Doesn't matter how deep their pockets are. The > mighty Dragons will continue to dominate this > competition then turn their sights onto the rest > of the State come CoC and show everyone we're up > there with the best! Shut up ya flop

Dragons
wrote on 25-May-21 12:08

Doesn't matter how deep their pockets are. The mighty Dragons will continue to dominate this competition then turn their sights onto the rest of the State come CoC and show everyone we're up there with the best!

wrote on 25-May-21 16:02

Penno to give the Dragons their first loss You heard it here first

THE ROCK
wrote on 26-May-21 10:01

I have to agree with the Dragons Coach, Refs were pretty good @ Hayes on the weekend. I thought the Dragons were are well drilled unit and it's great to have such quality in the PL rather than being stuck in the SL(as i know its hard to get promoted!). You gentlemen has set the benchmark, now it's up to the rest of us to catch you!

botp
wrote on 26-May-21 17:00

It's not just Manly and hills. The eastern suburbs comp is extremely competitive and a much higher level than here. Even the northern suburbs comp with the likes of Willoughby, lane cove west and west pymble would decimate 90% of the teams in this comp. This association is mid strength at best. Even the likes of WPH (not this seasons team obviously) would struggle against most of the top 4 sides in those comps

Association
wrote on 26-May-21 17:06

Well WPH did play Northbridge in the COC and beat them 2-1 a couple of years back. But yes, as an all round comp those associations are very strong. Even Kenthurst back in their day would struggle.

MoneyBags
wrote on 26-May-21 17:08

Pretty hard to compare Manly vs GHFA vs Hills Manly pay players. I'm not aware of anyone apart from North Epping last year who pay players.

kenthurst keith
wrote on 26-May-21 17:08

Association Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well WPH did play Northbridge in the COC and beat > them 2-1 a couple of years back. But yes, as an > all round comp those associations are very strong. > Even Kenthurst back in their day would struggle. we never struggled. we were the most dominant force in the ghfa at the time. if we came back to your new comp wed be top of the league.

Compare the pair
wrote on 26-May-21 19:05

kenthurst keith Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Association Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Well WPH did play Northbridge in the COC and > beat > > them 2-1 a couple of years back. But yes, as an > > all round comp those associations are very > strong. > > Even Kenthurst back in their day would > struggle. > > we never struggled. we were the most dominant > force in the ghfa at the time. if we came back to > your new comp wed be top of the league. Juice would they have? And what about the current Kenthurst?

Juice
wrote on 26-May-21 22:07

Ken back in the day, struggle in those comps? Not the squad the year Ken lost the CoC final to Dunbar Rovers. That squad was legit next level and would definitely compete in any of those associations, indeed a few seasons back then. The thing people forget about Ken from that era was it’s culture. If ever there was an example of a ‘winning’ culture, Ken exemplified it. Even when not playing well, it was strong. Not sure so much about the current Ken squad, I don’t have anything to do with it apart from catching the odd game if their schedule doesn’t compete with refereeing. It’s a different squad now, different dynamic. Many have moved on now as happens - it was an ‘older’ squad as it was back then - but the core of that old squad had been together for years and the bond was clearly evident. It was a strange mix of camaraderie and super, super high expectations without taking themselves too serious at the same time. Anyway, Ken is no longer NWSFA, so not relevant. Back to seeing if MAC can extended their undefeated season thus far on the weekend :)

Sparanza
wrote on 27-May-21 06:09

Juice Do you catch up with wph from time to time, or just the kenthurst boys where you played 1-2 seasons trophy hunting?

kenthurst keith
wrote on 27-May-21 08:00

throwback thursday reminisce the dominance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMLGCyCRhWQ

kenthurst keith
wrote on 27-May-21 08:01

long live the bush boys

bushie
wrote on 27-May-21 08:01

Sparanza Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Juice > > Do you catch up with wph from time to time, or > just the kenthurst boys where you played 1-2 > seasons trophy hunting? haha wph still salty. what was the banter #loyalty or some rubbish like that haha. think you will find juicy played a few more winning seasons for the mighty bushboys collecting many trophies. if im not mistaken there were numerous wph lads that left that sinking ship long before juicy to bag trophies galore with the classy pen outfit.

Juice's biggest fan
wrote on 27-May-21 09:06

Bushboys are bushboys forever!

Juice
wrote on 27-May-21 14:00

Sparanza Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Juice > > Do you catch up with wph from time to time, or > just the kenthurst boys where you played 1-2 > seasons trophy hunting? Whilst there’s probably only 2 or 3 I actually know that are still at WPH, actually I did Sparanza. Went and watched a WPH cup game at Christie pre season. Oddly enough though, they play when I referee so it’s a little difficult to watch them ;) ... they were successful 4 seasons weren’t they hey :)

Ghfa journeyman
wrote on 28-May-21 06:08

kenthurst keith Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > throwback thursday reminisce the dominance > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMLGCyCRhWQ Speaking of trophy hunters... where is nate gray? The official ghfa slut, Normo to a premiership, Normo to Relegation the following season then off to Kenthurst.

Alan Swan
wrote on 28-May-21 09:05

As a former GHFA Premier League referee, you normally spend a couple of years working your way through the ranks to Reserve Grade and then into First Grade, your first couple of games in First Grade are getting used to the pace of he game. In Premier League there is many times a disparity of skills and capabilities between First Grade and Reserve Grade and I said many times, refereeing Reserves was more agricultural/difficult than refereeing First Grade and actually tougher to maintain control of the match. I know in my time refereeing with Tony Ho, Alan Anderson, Tom Forrest some teams hated seeing me turn up and the same for other referees, you could here the moans from the teams when we arrived at the park, but after many years the players got to know my likes and dislikes and many players and myself did not see eye to eye on the park about decisions, but back chat of an aggressive type was always dealt with swiftly and unceremoniously. The only 2 players back in the day who could get away with courteous dissent was Batten and the Captain from Pennant Hills and maybe Mr French from EEW, these players could ask about a decision in such away you could not take offence, Batten would say, "What about that hand ball Swanee?" I would respond with what I saw and we moved on, he was not one for running at the referee with a contorted face screaming WTF was that ref ! After I got to know the players in First grade I was able to have a joke and discussion on the run and we all respected each other and the game flowed and if a new brash young player came up into First Grade and decided screaming at the referee was going to win points for his team, the Captain normally pulled the player aside and quietened him down and advised him what his future would be if he continued to carry on like that ?

Wombattler
wrote on 28-May-21 14:05

Well said Swanee!

okay
wrote on 28-May-21 16:08

Yep there are still ref's like you in the comp and are indeed respected. But there's still a few who are down right knob-heads and go out of their way to personify one from the get go. The best ref's leave their ego's in the dressing room.

Vintage
wrote on 28-May-21 17:00

Juice you played in that era? Is there much difference in the standard now to then

The worst
wrote on 29-May-21 13:09

okay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yep there are still ref's like you in the comp and > are indeed respected. > > But there's still a few who are down right > knob-heads and go out of their way to personify > one from the get go. The best ref's leave their > ego's in the dressing room. Sounds a lot like Craig Black. Swanee was one of the greats!

Author:
Subject: