Results Round 4

Views: 4834 Posts: 51
Horko
wrote on 01-May-21 16:09

Hawks v west penno Ressies 4-2 Firsts 4-2

Go the dragons
wrote on 01-May-21 17:04

Go the mighty dragons!! We are going to win the league.

Pennant Hills FC guy
wrote on 01-May-21 17:08

PEN vs NER RESSIES 6-1 Firsts 1-1

Dragons Manager
wrote on 01-May-21 17:08

Dragons vs WRR Ressies 2-1 Firsts 3-2

Eagle boys
wrote on 01-May-21 18:02

Eagleview Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Normo can’t play away... lol What happened in both these games? Was not expecting either results...

lakeside
wrote on 01-May-21 18:04

St Andrews vs Normo Ressies 4-0 Firsts 0-0

Eagleview

Normo can’t play away... lol

Lidcombe bro

I think their cup game against us midweek took its toll.????

roy keen
wrote on 01-May-21 18:06

wph 13 goals conceded in 4 games surely the coach is gone monday morning hes turning the club into sunderland

WPH President
wrote on 01-May-21 18:07

roy keen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wph 13 goals conceded in 4 games surely the coach > is gone monday morning hes turning the club into > sunderland Your getting sacked in the morning! Pep’s getting sacked in the morning!

Vedant
wrote on 01-May-21 19:09

RSU v EEW ressies: 3-2 firsts: 3-1

Really ??
wrote on 01-May-21 20:01

So are the dragons really good ? Or just getting lucky ? First time ever to see a super league team getting such results in premier league. 10 points from 4 games !

Drag Queen
wrote on 01-May-21 20:04

Dragons are a whole bunch of ex spirit players. Not surprising they are bringing the candy!

Go the dragons
wrote on 01-May-21 20:05

Really ?? Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So are the dragons really good ? Or just getting > lucky ? First time ever to see a super league team > getting such results in premier league. > 10 points from 4 games ! We are really good!why sides underestimate us I don’t know

KP1
wrote on 01-May-21 22:08

Really ?? Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So are the dragons really good ? Or just getting > lucky ? First time ever to see a super league team > getting such results in premier league. > 10 points from 4 games ! Well they aren’t as good as the mighty Kenthurst and won’t be anywhere near as better as us.

lifelong drinker
wrote on 01-May-21 23:03

Charter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Normo what happened? Couldn’t beat a wounded STA scary thing is that woods missed two open goals. normo were below par in both games. our ressies were more physical and won a lot of the 50/50 tackles in middle. normo attack were non-existent in firsts. anyone else been having state league refs do their games? there were two young state league refs at the game today dressed in red that did alright. good to see some new fresh faces coming through the ranks

You lost?!
wrote on 01-May-21 23:03

KP1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Really ?? Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > So are the dragons really good ? Or just > getting > > lucky ? First time ever to see a super league > team > > getting such results in premier league. > > 10 points from 4 games ! > > Well they aren’t as good as the mighty Kenthurst > and won’t be anywhere near as better as us. You lost 5-2 to new boys Norwest in your Hills Premier League, piss off back to your Hills forum where you belong, salty bush pigs

Charter
wrote on 01-May-21 23:05

Normo what happened? Couldn’t beat a wounded STA

Pom on the hill
wrote on 02-May-21 08:04

The ref at Campbell lost the plot. Don’t know if the hawks paid him or what but everything went against us. All we ask for is consistency, Doesn’t matter if it’s good or shit, just consistent. Anyways, wrecked a good game If you asked me.

BirdWatcher
wrote on 02-May-21 11:04

Pom on the hill Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The ref at Campbell lost the plot. > > Don’t know if the hawks paid him or what but > everything went against us. > > > All we ask for is consistency, Doesn’t matter if > it’s good or shit, just consistent. > > Anyways, wrecked a good game If you asked me. It wasn't West Penno's afternoon - it happens. Why not just zip it instead of being the afternoon's only obnoxious spectator ?

Dragons Coach
wrote on 02-May-21 15:08

Ex spirit?...technically yes but... I mean we have three guys that have played for spirit however two last played for them in u/16s and the other was u/16s AYL but those three players have all missed two games each this season unfortunately. But a decent start to the season is because everyone is contributing so certainly not complaining. I just hope that there are no more injuries because it ruins everything. We’ve had a couple but I know other teams have as well. WPH player broke his jaw against us, and then Speaking to players of other teams, hearing of some unfortunate injuries (although part of the game and to be expected) ruins everyones experience. So fingers crossed nothing silly from now till the end of the year! Looking forward to the rest of the round!

Innocent Bystander
wrote on 02-May-21 18:09

Totally agree. If the referee wasn't so poor it may have been a fairer contest and WPH would have most likely come away with the 3 points. I can't see HWKs winning many more games this season playing like that. They were actually quite poor considering they were playing with 12 all game...

DownNout
wrote on 02-May-21 19:02

Ok innocent bystander. Hawks are shit and paid the ref! What was the excuse last week against the mighty Normo?

Perspective
wrote on 03-May-21 06:05

3-1 to be correct. But wph did have their chances, just didn’t take them. As wph fans would know best, this league is about taking your opportunities. Either way was a top game to watch from the hill at Campbell. The game had everything, rain, sun, yellows reds and plenty of goals. If you had a wishing ball and said to me wph would be 4 points after 4 matches this year I bet not one person would believe you. Long season though, I bet they will be there when it counts.

Flying high
wrote on 03-May-21 06:07

Hahah! Hawks were up 3-0 before the WPH player told the referee where to go...

Noticed
wrote on 03-May-21 10:09

WPH were without their winger Munoz, their main cb and without their captain in the middle of the park, through injuries. Good chance early in the season to get points against them before they get key players back and get on a run again.

Try again
wrote on 03-May-21 12:03

Noticed Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > WPH were without their winger Munoz, their main cb > and without their captain in the middle of the > park, through injuries. Good chance early in the > season to get points against them before they get > key players back and get on a run again. So you’re saying that with 3 players out, they don’t have any depth? They’re current premiers and champions in both grades so should be able to fill the gaps.

Kleenex man
wrote on 03-May-21 13:03

So the all conquering WPH had 3 players out so they aren’t winning? Cry me a river

Beers FTB
wrote on 03-May-21 14:04

Silent Normo fans Crying West Penno fans Does it get any better than this?

Frosty
wrote on 03-May-21 15:01

hahaha jeez a lot of analysis going on for a bunch of amateurs. Its round 4 chill your beans lads. Hawkies are quality and deserved the win and regardless of refs performance WPH still conceded 4 in each grade so credit where credit is due. Dragons going on a tear so far, i think a combination of being relatively unknown to most teams in terms of playstyle and potentially being a little underestimated is what has led to what is potentially the best start to a season from a promoted team we've seen in a while. Round 2 / latter half of the season should be interesting for them to see if they've got what it takes. SO far the biggest question mark is what's going on at EEW, talk about a team struggling without key players. Did the NPL bloke really carry them that much last year? even NERDS are doing better without their NPL player.

Unavailability
wrote on 03-May-21 17:08

WPH have had 3 key players out all year. That’s on top of losing their right back to a broken leg at the end of last year and our first grade keeper retires. For any side, losing 5 key players from last year is a big loss. Add lack of fitness for other first team players who were injured ore-season and some poor form from others and nobody is invincible. Confidence is key and isn’t helped by poor decisions but we’ve had our luck in the last two years We need to work through the current sticky patch, no excuses

Yes sir
wrote on 03-May-21 18:06

Yep. I guarantee you every other squad is going through similar things. Sorry your guys are hurt but it happens everywhere

No excuses
wrote on 03-May-21 19:04

Agree, hence why I said no excuses. We are good enough. We beat St Andrews and are the only team Mac have dropped points too I think. But we’ve struggled to get a consistent and fit side on the pitch all year and at times it has showed. Zero excuses against Normo. They were far better than us on the day although the score was a bit harsh. Hawks was a different story. The ref and senior assistant were a disgrace. At one point the Hawks players We’re actually arguing with the ref that a decision should have gone our way (full credit to them) and he ignores them! He also gave a goal for a blatant handball in the build up, and then the Senior Lino told my son he had seen a handball that should have been a penalty (right at the end, probably wouldn’t have altered the result) but wasn’t giving it because he was only flagging for throw ins! You literally couldn’t make it up! To balance this out, he should have sent off one of our players for DOGSO but didn’t because they weren’t sure which player it was - Jesus Christ there was only 1 defender and 1 striker within 20 yards oF the ball...!!! Quite simply the most pathetic display of officiating from the two senior men you could ever hope to see. Meanwhile the young lad was excellent and made some really good right calls both ways.

Juice
wrote on 03-May-21 20:02

No excuses, curious was the DOGSO appeal in or out of the pen box? As for the AR’s response if indeed is what transpired, whilst perhaps unnecessary and disappointing that it was communicated to your son in the first place, each centre ref has pregame instructions for the ARs. These are completely up to the centre and how they wish to have the game officiated. Among many things, this may include how ARs process and signal offsides, what aspect of throw ins to address, infringements around their area and indeed what and how things are officiated in the box. So the AR may well have simply being follow instructions. You don’t know. You did say WPH had an off day the previous week v NOR. It happens and whilst I won’t comment on any official, we have off days too, I know I have.

DOGSO
wrote on 03-May-21 21:00

Just outside the box, hence we knew it was a red. Inside the box would have been a penalty and yellow - well aware of the rules. The Lino actually said they had decided at HT to only do throw ins. Like I say, you can’t make it up! I know you well enough Juice and having played the game at a decent level for many years you understand the game and are prepared to admit that as a ref you make mistakes. Two things that are clearly missing from the majority sadly. Bad ref performances are ok - the players make more mistakes in any game you’ll ever see - the arrogance and total refusal to acknowledge their errors or inability to manage a game is not. And before you ask, I can’t consider refereeing because of my back ????

Juice
wrote on 03-May-21 22:01

DOGSO Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just outside the box, hence we knew it was a red. > Inside the box would have been a penalty and > yellow - well aware of the rules. > > The Lino actually said they had decided at HT to > only do throw ins. Like I say, you can’t make it > up! > > I know you well enough Juice and having played the > game at a decent level for many years you > understand the game and are prepared to admit that > as a ref you make mistakes. Two things that are > clearly missing from the majority sadly. > > Bad ref performances are ok - the players make > more mistakes in any game you’ll ever see - the > arrogance and total refusal to acknowledge their > errors or inability to manage a game is not. > > And before you ask, I can’t consider refereeing > because of my back ???? Appreciate the clarification re dogso. As for the AR, they were simply following instructions rightly or wrongly perhaps. ... and no I wouldn’t insinuate you to pick up the whistle. A large part of why I chose to pick up the whistle was for the very concerns you raised albeit not so for judgement decisions. But in all my years playing, as I’m sure you are aware as well, decisions, good or bad (acknowledged or not) go your way some games, and not so others. Whilst perhaps some calls may have been questionable, would it be remiss of me to assume these weren’t well received at times during the game? Rightly or wrongly, this does make it hard to have any conversation with an official regardless of their state of mind. Next job as I always use to say to my team mates including myself, when they stuffed up... on to next week’s game.

Deep end
wrote on 03-May-21 22:04

I think it’s a little hard to decide what the “most important” games would be per round so not sure spreading the higher level refs would be possible. As for the officials on the weekend I don’t believe they were inherently bad or incompetent, I believe they were a little bit out of their depth and struggled to maintain control of the game. And when players/spectators voiced concerns and criticised decisions they struggled to maintain their composure, failed to see the effects their bad calls were having on player attitude and lost their impartial view of the game and started to get a chip on their shoulders. Like Juice said. Chalk it up to a bad day at the office. It happens, they’re just regular blokes that happen to have a whistle.

It's time to go
wrote on 03-May-21 22:04

I find it strange that one of the games stated in the previous comments had two state league refs. Surely balance the game weeks up and allow the best refs to ref the most important games I'm hoping some of these comments will be recognised by the right people and that some change will happen. You can't have games like these going out of control with both sides complaining.

Tables
wrote on 04-May-21 10:02

Can we get some updates tables please

Tables
wrote on 04-May-21 13:03

1sts Nor 10 Hills 10 Dragons 10 Nerds 6 Sta 4 Rsu 4 Wph 4 Wrr 2 Pen 2 Eew 1 Res Hills 10 Sta 7 Wrr 7 Wph 7 Nor 5 Rsu 5 Pen 4 Eew 4 Dragons 4 Nerds 1 GD separating equal points placing

wrote on 04-May-21 16:03

West Ryde Rovers will get relegated this year. I'll back Penno to get their first win of the season at Boronia this week, two losses followed by two draws, they seem like they're due. Normo eventually will drop. Not sure about Drgaons they seem very impressive but could be found out in the second round of fixtures. Ryde saints to finish second last, Eventually Epping Eastwood, Penno and West Penno will get enough results. Eastwood St Andrews possibly better in the long run too. Nerds currently undefeated. Quite impressive. Definitely the most unpredictable season in a very long time

Hawk3Y3
wrote on 05-May-21 09:08

To be honest, watching the hawks v wph from the sideline the ref made some weird calls, but the biggest issue was when the lineman interfered with a decision. You can't give a player no card if you deem it to be a foul last man which disrupted a goal scoring opportunity. What we heard from the side was, look it's a foul, but i don't know who did it. This is simply not good enough. 2 players, one from each team involved. If you don't know the number, retire.. or keep your flag down. It's because of stuff like this, that frustration creeps into the players and then it escalates to other things. Don't get me wrong, there was no excuse for the WPH to say what he said, but if things were nipped in the butt earlier it simply wouldn't have happened. To a degree it settled out as just so happens the hawks scored and 5 mins later a WPH player was marched. Football has a funny way of working itself out. #9 for WPH, pretty sure it's the top goal scorer for WPH is lethal, probably the best i've seen at this level for quite some time.

New here
wrote on 05-May-21 10:01

Hawk3Y3 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > To be honest, watching the hawks v wph from the > sideline the ref made some weird calls, but the > biggest issue was when the lineman interfered with > a decision. > > You can't give a player no card if you deem it to > be a foul last man which disrupted a goal scoring > opportunity. What we heard from the side was, look > it's a foul, but i don't know who did it. > > This is simply not good enough. 2 players, one > from each team involved. If you don't know the > number, retire.. or keep your flag down. > > It's because of stuff like this, that frustration > creeps into the players and then it escalates to > other things. Don't get me wrong, there was no > excuse for the WPH to say what he said, but if > things were nipped in the butt earlier it simply > wouldn't have happened. > > To a degree it settled out as just so happens the > hawks scored and 5 mins later a WPH player was > marched. > > Football has a funny way of working itself out. > > #9 for WPH, pretty sure it's the top goal scorer > for WPH is lethal, probably the best i've seen at > this level for quite some time. You’re new here? Kane has been a gun for many years. BTW, it’s “nipped in the BUD”

Funky
wrote on 05-May-21 11:07

> BTW, it’s “nipped in the BUD” Or is it???

ButtBiter
wrote on 05-May-21 12:03

Funky Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > BTW, it’s “nipped in the BUD” > > Or is it??? "Nipped in the butt" is my preference too

THE ROCK
wrote on 05-May-21 13:02

My 2 c. You play the whistle. There were some decisions which i questioned, but we all know that the ref will never change his mind, even if he is wrong. I've watched the video and it's funny seeing it on camera as when i saw it live it was different. Which means the ref must have seen it differently. Eitherway, WPH are a quality side and will be there when it counts.

Silent Normo
wrote on 05-May-21 18:08

Beers FTB Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Silent Normo fans > Crying West Penno fans > > Does it get any better than this? We don't want to draw any attention to ourself. DOK is back, unlike that last lunny!

Too bad
wrote on 05-May-21 21:04

Drag Queen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dragons are a whole bunch of ex spirit players. > > Not surprising they are bringing the candy! Really? I don’t think so buddy. Give me one name of an ex spirit player

snakebite
wrote on 06-May-21 00:02

Too bad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Drag Queen Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Dragons are a whole bunch of ex spirit players. > > > > Not surprising they are bringing the candy! > > > > Really? > I don’t think so buddy. > Give me one name of an ex spirit player Everyone is ex this ex that. Don't buy into it. Dragons have had a good start, but with a weak ressies squad, i can't see them making the 4. Hope im wrong

calm down loser
wrote on 08-May-21 02:08

Hawk3Y3 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > #9 for WPH, pretty sure it's the top goal scorer > for WPH is lethal, probably the best i've seen at > this level for quite some time. so funny to see people come on here pretending to be someone else just to big dick themselves.

BDE
wrote on 08-May-21 08:05

Hahah what a pumper

Author:
Subject: