AA1 Womens Grand Final

Views: 1897 Posts: 19
FBI
wrote on 15-Nov-20 09:04

One of the all time Referee blunders occurs at 48.50 point of the match.

Awards a penalty, gives a player a red card.

Watch for yourselves and post your views of whether the penalty is a penalty and does the Referee send the correct player off.

He shouldve gone to Specsavers!

Juice
wrote on 16-Nov-20 09:00

Watch where?

FBI
wrote on 16-Nov-20 09:03

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Watch where? https://www.cluch.tv/

MT
wrote on 16-Nov-20 10:00

I watched it. Unbelievable. 1) I can’t believe an experienced ref like Austin showed the red to the tallish girl with brown hair instead of the shortish girl with blonde hair. The AR appears to be useless also 2) What an aweschick that blonde girl is, letting your innocent mate get sent off in the GF. Surely you admit it was you and walk off

FBI
wrote on 16-Nov-20 11:02

MT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I watched it. Unbelievable. > > 1) I can’t believe an experienced ref like > Austin showed the red to the tallish girl with > brown hair instead of the shortish girl with > blonde hair. > The AR appears to be useless also > 2) What an aweschick that blonde girl is, letting > your innocent mate get sent off in the GF. Surely > you admit it was you and walk off I agree, completely hopeless. What part of the body did you think the ball hit, the short blonde girl was claiming the left side of her chest and she could well be correct on that, where do you think?

MT
wrote on 16-Nov-20 11:08

In my opinion it definitely comes off her arm

Initially
wrote on 16-Nov-20 12:01

The ref initially made the right call, on the blondie.. number 8 I think. You can't leap out in front of goal with both hands out to your side like that. It hits her arm stopping a goal and he gave her red accordingly. Unfortunately he got mixed up afterwards as all the other girls swarmed him and he carded the other player instead. I'm sure as a ref that can happen.. He looks pretty old as well, probably doesn't help either.

FBI
wrote on 16-Nov-20 14:04

Pretty sure the referee gave the red card initially to #9 and then to #13 when in actual fact neither had anything to do with it. Incompetent referring who should burn his whistle.

Juice
wrote on 17-Nov-20 16:05

No.8 hand ball off extended left arm away from the body, penalty, red card. Correct Not sure what really transpired after that. No.8 shown red, who then slivers away. No.9 argues the point gets shown red, R/AR conference takes place - perhaps the AR can't add much value to the situation as he might not have been able to identify any number - Ref returns then No.13 shown a red whom eventually takes that one for the team. Did I see it right, bad internet connection at the moment lol. It seems a case of mistake identity. Bit dramatic FBI with 'one of the all time referee blunders' call - sister or partner in the RDP side?. A case of mistaken identity agreed. I will add, in the poor quality vid, No 9 and 13 do share a similar resemblance lol... even if it was No.8 who handballed. Perhaps not ideal but lets look at the net value of the situation. Player handballed a goal bound shot, penalty, red card... one player leaves the game. No 8, 9 or 13... still the same outcome. 1-0 to EPP ;)

FBI
wrote on 17-Nov-20 17:04

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No.8 hand ball off extended left arm away from the > body, penalty, red card. Correct > > Not sure what really transpired after that. No.8 > shown red, who then slivers away. No.9 argues the > point gets shown red, R/AR conference takes place > - perhaps the AR can't add much value to the > situation as he might not have been able to > identify any number - Ref returns then No.13 shown > a red whom eventually takes that one for the team. > Did I see it right, bad internet connection at the > moment lol. It seems a case of mistake identity. > > Bit dramatic FBI with 'one of the all time referee > blunders' call - sister or partner in the RDP > side?. A case of mistaken identity agreed. I will > add, in the poor quality vid, No 9 and 13 do share > a similar resemblance lol... even if it was No.8 > who handballed. > > Perhaps not ideal but lets look at the net value > of the situation. Player handballed a goal bound > shot, penalty, red card... one player leaves the > game. No 8, 9 or 13... still the same outcome. 1-0 > to EPP ;) No link between myself and Ryde Panthers whatsoever at all. TBH I didn’t know the score until I watched it on Cluch TV and when I did it was then that I took particular interest in the penalty and what followed was something I’d expect from Mr Bean. What you saw is how I saw it. Perhaps Mark Lockie could introduce a small additional levy on registration in 2021 to provide referees seeing eye dogs who need it. This referee should be first in line.

Juice
wrote on 18-Nov-20 08:09

Mistaken identity yes, but I’d much rather the referee get the pen and a send off correct as process, which he did. I can tell you, there have been a number of times in my 5 years when a situation has happened and amongst all the drama, I’ve lost sight of a player’s number and had to go on physical appearance which does become challenging when there’s similarities. Doesn’t help been mobbed by players carrying on like a child. It happens FBI. This one may not have been too much commotion though I agree, but in saying that, how’s No.8’s form hiding off in the background? Not her job to get it right I know, but someone was always going to have an early shower regardless. Even at a professional level, there have been players put their hand up and take ownership when officials haven’t been able to get it right for whatever reason. If the referee missed the handball from his position, which was perfect I might add, then perhaps the sarcastic critical comments you make may have more validity. Like I said, it’s not a good look perhaps, but as far as officiating the incident and it’s direct impact on the game, it was executed correctly.

Keith Hackett
wrote on 18-Nov-20 16:08

Initially Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The ref initially made the right call, on the > blondie.. number 8 I think. You can't leap out in > front of goal with both hands out to your side > like that. > > It hits her arm stopping a goal and he gave her > red accordingly. > > Unfortunately he got mixed up afterwards as all > the other girls swarmed him and he carded the > other player instead. I'm sure as a ref that can > happen.. He looks pretty old as well, probably > doesn't help either. Old has got nothing to do with it. . . if you have 6 blond girls all bunched up together in the box- you'd be dazed too

FBI
wrote on 18-Nov-20 17:05

Keith Hackett Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Initially Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The ref initially made the right call, on the > > blondie.. number 8 I think. You can't leap out > in > > front of goal with both hands out to your side > > like that. > > > > It hits her arm stopping a goal and he gave her > > red accordingly. > > > > Unfortunately he got mixed up afterwards as all > > the other girls swarmed him and he carded the > > other player instead. I'm sure as a ref that > can > > happen.. He looks pretty old as well, probably > > doesn't help either. > > > Old has got nothing to do with it. . . > if you have 6 blond girls all bunched up together > in the box- you'd be dazed too Gross exaggeration Keith, 6 blonde girls, lol. Never let the fact get in the way of a good story.

Retired ref
wrote on 19-Nov-20 18:00

As Juice said, it’s a pen. As for the red, not sure about the exactly wording and interpretation of the rules but it’s an obvious goal scoring opportunity. It’s a red. Pretty easy to mix up giving the wrong person a card, this stuff happens unfortunately especially in situations where there is a number of players in close proximity.

FBI
wrote on 19-Nov-20 19:02

Retired ref Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As Juice said, it’s a pen. As for the red, not > sure about the exactly wording and interpretation > of the rules but it’s an obvious goal scoring > opportunity. It’s a red. > > Pretty easy to mix up giving the wrong person a > card, this stuff happens unfortunately especially > in situations where there is a number of players > in close proximity. Stop making excuses for an inept referee. Imagine if he was to be relied upon to give evidence in a court matter, excuses don’t cut the mustard. He stuffed it up bigtime, not once but twice.

Juice
wrote on 20-Nov-20 07:07

FBI it must be novel to live a life free of any errors in judgement, perfect in every thing you do in life. I’d love to watch you play sometime as I’m sure I’d be treated to a spectacle performance, with perfect execution and decision making throughout your game, your whole game, and of course all your games... I assume you play? Referees make mistakes yes, nowhere near as many as a player does in a game but we do. The referee in question is a quality referee and had been for a very very long time. I have no doubt if he saw the footage, he would reflect on the situation, as any good referee would. Thank goodness he saw and awarded the penalty and rightfully sent ‘a player’ off at least, else you’d have a vigilante lynch mob n the prowl. I was once like yourself though (in my baby early 20s)... Of course you are always welcome to sign up next January? I have no doubt NWSFRA would be honoured to have your presence and perfection. The technical committee in particular would love your contributions to the development of the ‘perfect’ amateur referee. Look forward to seeing you in black and white FBI ;)

Fashion Police
wrote on 20-Nov-20 09:04

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- Look forward to seeing you in black and white FBI ;) I think teal suits you better Juice

Keith Hackett
wrote on 20-Nov-20 15:07

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > FBI it must be novel to live a life free of any > errors in judgement, perfect in every thing you do > in life. I’d love to watch you play sometime as > I’m sure I’d be treated to a spectacle > performance, with perfect execution and decision > making throughout your game, your whole game, and > of course all your games... I assume you play? > Referees make mistakes yes, nowhere near as many > as a player does in a game but we do. The referee > in question is a quality referee and had been for > a very very long time. I have no doubt if he saw > the footage, he would reflect on the situation, as > any good referee would. Thank goodness he saw and > awarded the penalty and rightfully sent ‘a > player’ off at least, else you’d have a > vigilante lynch mob n the prowl. > > I was once like yourself though (in my baby early > 20s)... Of course you are always welcome to sign > up next January? I have no doubt NWSFRA would be > honoured to have your presence and perfection. The > technical committee in particular would love your > contributions to the development of the > ‘perfect’ amateur referee. Look forward to > seeing you in black and white FBI ;) He is so-so.. sometimes plays in the 045s - wouldn't say he is quality maybe just average/

Ex member
wrote on 05-Dec-20 09:08

I think FBI has a point in what he say but being the secretary of the GPT nothing will come of this. It’s the boys club.

Author:
Subject: