Team of the season?

Views: 3290 Posts: 20
Curious?
wrote on 01-Nov-20 11:01

Just wondering who people would have in their team? Also, how do you think this team would go against Spirit FC? Would love to see a PL XI vs Spirit as a trial match....

WPH
wrote on 01-Nov-20 15:02

The whole West Penno Team + Ollie and Jack

Nope
wrote on 01-Nov-20 16:06

Curious? Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just wondering who people would have in their > team? > > Also, how do you think this team would go against > Spirit FC? Would love to see a PL XI vs Spirit as > a trial match.... If Spirit were trying they would win 7-0

wowza
wrote on 01-Nov-20 20:09

7-0??? Lol You rate an NPL2 team that highly?

Nope
wrote on 01-Nov-20 21:01

wowza Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------
> 7-0??? Lol
>
> You rate an NPL2 team that highly?

They were a whisker away from going to NPL1.
If you think some good park footballers could compete with them youre clueless

Relevance
wrote on 02-Nov-20 12:06

a few years ago, there was a trial when STA won everything, they played vs Ryde City. Not sure the time of year, but it was at Macquarie Uni, finished 3-0 to Ryde without too much stress. Ryde were Div 1, back in the day when there was PL, SL, DIV 1, DIV 2, DIV 3. Not sure if that helps.

Juice
wrote on 02-Nov-20 13:02

WPH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The whole West Penno Team + Ollie and Jack I think the reference is to the best playing positions across the comp. WPH may have a couple in there but not the whole team. Wowza - I think combo of rating Spirit good and a rep NWSFA PL side as not overly flashy but ok. I would go with a score line close to that if Spirit pushed for 90 minutes. NWSFA PL might may pinch a goal though, and if Butts was in GF mode again maybe it could be 3-5 :)

Old boy
wrote on 02-Nov-20 17:09

Didn’t penno lose to spirit 2-1 with the last kick of the game in Waratah cup?

Commentators
wrote on 03-Nov-20 00:03

Well the blokes who commentated the gf who routinely cast NPL games as well seemed to rate the quality of the WPH team pretty highly throughout the whole cast iirc. I reckon them verse a Spirit side would be closer than people imagine, not saying they'd get the win but I can't see a 7-0 thrashing as someone said above... Hopefully it happens in a pre-season friendly or something.

Teddy
wrote on 03-Nov-20 06:05

Yeah but a preaseason friendly would prove nothing. Obviously it would never happen but if it was a competition game for points Spirit would win by at least 5 goals no problems

No Name
wrote on 03-Nov-20 15:09

I would put most of WPH 1st XI in the team of the year but not all of them. There are some other very good players in the other teams.

who?
wrote on 03-Nov-20 17:00

No Name Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would put most of WPH 1st XI in the team of the > year but not all of them. There are some other > very good players in the other teams. Which ones out of curiosity? Any besides Butts, Ollie and Jack?

Alernative TOTY 2020
wrote on 03-Nov-20 18:00

So excluding WPH players, who would be the TOTY in 2020? Thoughts?

No doubt
wrote on 03-Nov-20 23:09

Alernative TOTY 2020 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So excluding WPH players, who would be the TOTY in > 2020? > > Thoughts? Jack Fulton - NER (goal tally says it all) Daniel McGoogan - EEW (decent player, plays til the final whistle) anyone else?!

no idea at all
wrote on 06-Nov-20 18:06

Nope Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wowza Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 7-0??? Lol > > > > You rate an NPL2 team that highly? > > > They were a whisker away from going to NPL1. > If you think some good park footballers could > compete with them you’re clueless a few years ago ravens beat a full strength rydalmere lions in regular time in the ffa cup lions went on to win npl3 that year and get promoted to npl2 if you think there is such a big difference between npl teams and our premier league level YOU are clueless

The Milk
wrote on 06-Nov-20 20:00

A big difference is that most NPL clubs play/train on decent pitches as opposed to the cow paddocks most of the clubs in our association use.

NPL who?
wrote on 09-Nov-20 11:00

Nobody on here seems to remember WPH comfortably beating NPL 3 Granville Rage in the FFA Cup last season? You lot seem to pick and choose sometimes

Urine extraction
wrote on 09-Nov-20 11:03

NPL who? Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Nobody on here seems to remember WPH comfortably > beating NPL 3 Granville Rage in the FFA Cup last > season? You lot seem to pick and choose sometimes Hang on, are you being serious or taking the piss? Granville Rage were relegated and are so good they came last in NPL4 this season with 4 points from 10 games. Spirit were a whisker away from winning NPL2 this season

NPL
wrote on 09-Nov-20 20:02

As someone who has played NPL1, 2 and 3 I can tell you there is very little difference in level between 2,3 and 4. There is a decent jump in quality to NPL 1 though. Even if Spirit won and got through they would more than likely drop straight back down as most teams do who go up, and if they do stay up it would be more because they recruited well and made a lot of changes to strengthen the team to at least stay off the bottom, so your point about Spirit is pretty much moot anyway. WPH could definitely compete against NPL 2,3,4 teams and even EEW could this year to some extent, however I think they would have a bit of a tougher time as there is a few weak links in some defensive positions that would get exploited.

NPL
wrote on 09-Nov-20 20:05

Urine extraction Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > NPL who? Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Nobody on here seems to remember WPH > comfortably > > beating NPL 3 Granville Rage in the FFA Cup > last > > season? You lot seem to pick and choose > sometimes > > > Hang on, are you being serious or taking the > piss? > Granville Rage were relegated and are so good they > came last in NPL4 this season with 4 points from > 10 games. > Spirit were a whisker away from winning NPL2 this > season You cant compare teams from previous years to the next, NPL clubs are literally revolving doors, that goes for players and coaches

Author:
Subject: