Kane vs Jack - Who's better

Views: 1534 Posts: 12
discussion point
wrote on 21-Oct-20 11:01

Wow, looking at the golden boot, it's obvious who was the most deserved team, although no one from Epping Eastwood post on this forum, possibly because they are keeping all their cards close to their chests.

What's the story about goals in the grand final? Don't they count?
They do in world cups, so i can't see why they wouldn't here.

Either way, the question must be asked, who is a better striker?

Kane from WPH or Jack from North Epping.

Sure Kane scored 23 goals(+ 3 in the GF) for a thriving club, but Jack scored almost every goal in a seriously average North Epping side and kept them up almost single handily.

Just wondering what other people though?

notes
wrote on 21-Oct-20 12:04

A few points: -Jack was paid, Kane wasn't. -Kane has done it for multiple seasons, Jack is a fly by nighter -Both approx the same age. -Jack's played at a higher level, Kane doesn't want to. All that considered, it's hard to imagine Jacks motivation if he was that good of a striker to go to a bottom club and fight. I mean, why not go to EEW and win a premiership? Mcgoogan is ok, but they needed a top quality striker. Or go to STA and score 30. It leaves me puzzled why he would choose a struggling team over a decent one.

my thoughts
wrote on 21-Oct-20 15:09

Who would you want in your team? Personally, you want a big game player. Kane 3 goals in a GF, says enough for me. Also, the reason the other WPH players were scoring would have something to do with most people thinking... oh we have to stop Kane.

Big Games
wrote on 21-Oct-20 17:00

my thoughts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Who would you want in your team? > > Personally, you want a big game player. > > Kane 3 goals in a GF, says enough for me. > > Also, the reason the other WPH players were > scoring would have something to do with most > people thinking... oh we have to stop Kane. Jack did score 6 goals in the last 4 games which essentially saved NER from relegation, hard to say he doesn't perform under pressure too. Swings both ways on teams stopping WPH, you can't focus too much on Kane or Tim/Munoz will beat you, against NER, stop Jack and you win

Replay
wrote on 21-Oct-20 18:06

my thoughts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Who would you want in your team? > > Personally, you want a big game player. > > Kane 3 goals in a GF, says enough for me. > > Also, the reason the other WPH players were > scoring would have something to do with most > people thinking... oh we have to stop Kane. Third goal in the GF was an OG

Not close
wrote on 21-Oct-20 19:01

Kane. He's way harder to defend than Jack, who's a pretty lazy striker tbh.. Kanes got speed, he's nimble, makes smart runs, good touch, can pass and good instinct in front of goal. Most important though, Kane is a team player.. Jack just bitches at his team all game when he's not even that good himself and makes loads of errors.

Mhmm
wrote on 21-Oct-20 21:05

Kane hands down. When we played NER jack was an embarrassment. Did nothing and basically ragged on his teammates the entire game to the opposition backline. His attitude stinks, typical higher level player who comes “down” to PL and thinks they will walk over everyone and when it doesn’t happen because they’re not that good they turn on their teammates. I know who I’d want to play with and I know who’s better.

Mark
wrote on 25-Oct-20 11:01

Jack Fulton for sure. He came back to play with his mates and have fun and saved them from relegation. He scored in every game bar one. Put him in a team with people who can string more then 5 passes and he would have scored double. The better statement/question is how good would it be with both of them up front. Anyway saw he signed back with Manly for next season anyway.

Where?
wrote on 25-Oct-20 11:07

Mark Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Jack Fulton for sure. > He came back to play with his mates and have fun > and saved them from relegation. He scored in every > game bar one. Put him in a team with people who > can string more then 5 passes and he would have > scored double. The better statement/question is > how good would it be with both of them up front. > Anyway saw he signed back with Manly for next > season anyway. Where are the wins gonna come from for Nerds next season?

Disturbed
wrote on 25-Oct-20 12:05

Where? Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mark Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Jack Fulton for sure. > > He came back to play with his mates and have > fun > > and saved them from relegation. He scored in > every > > game bar one. Put him in a team with people who > > can string more then 5 passes and he would have > > scored double. The better statement/question is > > how good would it be with both of them up > front. > > Anyway saw he signed back with Manly for next > > season anyway. > > Where are the wins gonna come from for Nerds next > season? True, I hear West Ryde are trying to steal Jack & one or two others from North Epping. They must have deep pockets.

NPL
wrote on 25-Oct-20 18:02

Jack and Ollie will be back playing NPL next season no doubt

Football Genius
wrote on 27-Oct-20 17:07

Jack already back training with Manly United. True, I hear West Ryde are trying to steal Jack & one or two others from North Epping. They must have deep pockets.

Author:
Subject: