Relegation madness

Views: 663 Posts: 19
Relegation madness
wrote on 07-Oct-20 00:09

https://youtu.be/d93DNu3UWkc Worth noting that North Epping would have/should have been relegated on 12 points and a GD of -16 if not for the referee blowing the full time whistle to prevent A goal 2 milliseconds prior to a mid flight ball hitting the back of the net. This directly gave North Epping a 0-0 draw (1 relegation saving point) instead of a 1-0 loss. It’s all on record. Epping FC would have a strong case to put forward to swap places with North Epping. North Epping players can be seen patting the referee on the back and thanking him for making such a shocking decision. Crazy to think that it has ended up keeping them In the league and sending Epping fc to SL. Watch this madness unfold here... https://youtu.be/d93DNu3UWk

HSN
wrote on 07-Oct-20 06:00

WHAT THE FUCK

Keith Hackett
wrote on 07-Oct-20 08:09

I would pat him to like Jose patted Ole Gunnar on the head.. I would hand him a brown envelope in the Car Park.

Greg
wrote on 07-Oct-20 09:05

So after 14 rounds of trash Epping FC shouldn’t be relegated? Good one

Looks Bad
wrote on 07-Oct-20 09:06

This looks really really bad. It's not like the ref called it, just as he was about to kick it, but he blew mid-air, almost knowing it was going into the net. Saying that, is there anything that can be done about this? I mean there was talk about the end of the season that Bouremouth should have stayed up and Villa should have gone down because of a clear and obvious error by the ref and nothing happened. I can't see anything happening here. Let me also say that I don't believe any team should have been relegated this season.

Proof
wrote on 07-Oct-20 09:09

So the video clearly shows the referee blowing his whistle before the ball has crossed the goal line? Pretty sure that’s proof that the referee made the correct decision of not awarding the goal

Relegation madness
wrote on 07-Oct-20 10:03

Just need to add that this is actually one of the best refs in the league. This was the only questionable decision of the entire match. Just a shame that it’s had a large impact on this years relegation. It was a discretion call that he can stand by, but There was a large stoppage In the match due to a head injury (4mins or so). Keeping this in mind, to call full time milliseconds (not even a second), before an imminent goal is very rough. You would have to have pretty strong tickets on your own time keeping abilities to stand by that decision. Letting the attacking play finish is always in the spirit of the game. It Would be cool rule to implement in football where the referee verbally calls Out loud the words ‘full time’ to notify the players that the full time whistle will blow as soon as the ball next legitimately goes dead (so fouls not included/play on).

rules..
wrote on 07-Oct-20 10:07

Pretty sure that the rules of the game CLEARLY state, if the ball leaves the foot, even if the full time whistle is blown, it's play on until the ball is deemed at rest.

Textbook
wrote on 07-Oct-20 10:09

You can tell Hills Hawks have been saving this footage just in case they lost to Penno and were the ones to be relegated Now they are just creating a storm for giggles

Rules and Rules
wrote on 07-Oct-20 11:04

If you actually take the time and read through the constitution, then you would understand that promotion/relegation only exists when a premiership takes place. As this is a reduced season, it doesn't in fact constitute a premiership. Furthermore, Only clubs in Premier League have the ability to vote on relegation, likewise only clubs from Super League have the ability to vote on promotion. You will find that pre season when this went to a vote, Super League and Premier League teams were voting on both, which is in violation of the constitution. There is something for all clubs which has already been raised with the NWFA, esp Epping FC who face relegation.

Chris Murphy
wrote on 07-Oct-20 11:06

Interesting that this was all passed at the start of the season and its only a problem once you’ve been relegated. Stop acting the victim

Truth
wrote on 07-Oct-20 11:08

Rules and Rules Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you actually take the time and read through the > constitution, then you would understand that > promotion/relegation only exists when a > premiership takes place. > > As this is a reduced season, it doesn't in fact > constitute a premiership. > > Furthermore, Only clubs in Premier League have the > ability to vote on relegation, likewise only clubs > from Super League have the ability to vote on > promotion. > > You will find that pre season when this went to a > vote, Super League and Premier League teams were > voting on both, which is in violation of the > constitution. > > > There is something for all clubs which has already > been raised with the NWFA, esp Epping FC who face > relegation. The vote prior to the start of the season was in favour of promotion and relegation. It's been set in stone for months and because of one moment across an entire season it shouldn't be in force? Take out the 10 seconds for the goal not being allowed, what happened during the remaining 89min:50sec? Epping should learn to point the finger inwards before they start pointing it outward. Get on with it, two Epping teams across both competitions isn't right anyway.

Suspicious
wrote on 07-Oct-20 12:05

There have been absolutely no contributions from Epping FC apart from the occasional post from J-Cam. It looks to me that Hawks and a couple of others are doing more of the baiting. This footage has come from Hawks (Hawks, Penno and Tigers are the only ones that film their games) It seems like North Epping really are a club that no one likes if other teams are coming in the defence of Epping FC lol

Timekeeper Willy
wrote on 07-Oct-20 13:02

Time is time and there is no rule around the ball needing to come to rest. Maybe the game was "stretched" to allow the free kick in the first place and the ref goes to blow the whistle as the ball is rolling out of the box, slowly inhales to blow - shot bang - toot - top bin...An attacking phase can last a long time if a ball comes back out of the box, it's passed out wide to a wing then back inside and switched to the other wing...it's not Rugby Union.

Rules and Rules
wrote on 07-Oct-20 13:08

Rules and Rules Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you actually take the time and read through the > constitution, then you would understand that > promotion/relegation only exists when a > premiership takes place. > > As this is a reduced season, it doesn't in fact > constitute a premiership. > > Furthermore, Only clubs in Premier League have the > ability to vote on relegation, likewise only clubs > from Super League have the ability to vote on > promotion. > > You will find that pre season when this went to a > vote, Super League and Premier League teams were > voting on both, which is in violation of the > constitution. > > > There is something for all clubs which has already > been raised with the NWFA, esp Epping FC who face > relegation. This isn't a matter of right/wrong, it's a matter of breaches in the by-laws. And FYI, I am club neutral, I just fight for what is right.

THE ROCK
wrote on 07-Oct-20 15:02

No complaints from the hawks regarding the draw. Luck is one of those things that evens itself out over the season. If anything, after the referee explained it, he said that he allowed the free kick to go on. Actually I’m surprised how that video even got out.... although I know it was sent around to a few people as a... have you ever seen this.. Also, if I can just say, for north epping to pull the results they die over the last 4 weeks...they deserve to stay in PL. knocking off 3rd and a few others! Bring next year without this covid crap!

THE ROCK
wrote on 07-Oct-20 15:03

Did*

Madness
wrote on 07-Oct-20 16:04

Thanks Rock for being the voice of reason Clearly had the hawks been genuinely concerned about that result there would have been much more made of it after the game, not waiting until the season is over to get upset when they aren't even the ones impacted. Seems like some salty Epping EFC players clutching at straws to invalidate the results this season

Bigger Question
wrote on 07-Oct-20 17:00

Relegation madness Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > https://youtu.be/d93DNu3UWkc > > > Worth noting that North Epping would have/should > have been relegated on 12 points and a GD of -16 > if not for the referee blowing the full time > whistle to prevent A goal 2 milliseconds prior to > a mid flight ball hitting the back of the net. > This directly gave North Epping a 0-0 draw (1 > relegation saving point) instead of a 1-0 loss. > It’s all on record. Epping FC would have a > strong case to put forward to swap places with > North Epping. > North Epping players can be seen patting the > referee on the back and thanking him for making > such a shocking decision. > Crazy to think that it has ended up keeping them > In the league and sending Epping fc to SL. > > Watch this madness unfold here... > > https://youtu.be/d93DNu3UWk WTF is the Australian Padel Tour?

Author:
Subject: