wrote on 12-Sep-20 16:05

Wph v Wrr
Res
2-2
Firsts
2-2

Standard
wrote on 12-Sep-20 17:01

Alfie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > EEW VS HAWKS > > Res > 3-1 > Firsts > 4-0 > > What are you having for your 3rd dinner, Blake? Classy as always tigers

Horse
wrote on 12-Sep-20 17:01

NOR v STA Res 2-3 1sts 1-1

Saints20
wrote on 12-Sep-20 17:02

RSU vs Pennant Hills Res: RSU 2-1 PH Firsts: RSU 1-1 PH

Rangers
wrote on 12-Sep-20 17:03

NER vs EFC Reserve Grade: 0-4 First Grade: 2-1

Alfie
wrote on 12-Sep-20 17:07

EEW VS HAWKS Res 3-1 Firsts 4-0 What are you having for your 3rd dinner, Blake?

Peter Gilmore
wrote on 12-Sep-20 19:05

If you’re thinking classy Rosier, my Quay restaurant is quality. Cheers Peter Gilmore

Boronia Local
wrote on 13-Sep-20 04:01

Shocking from the ref today down at boronia. Dont get me wrong the Boronia locals deserved the win. But surely both teams can have a laugh at the terrible calls being made. You yell you get it was comical.

No
wrote on 13-Sep-20 08:08

Boronia Local Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Shocking from the ref today down at boronia. > Dont get me wrong the Boronia locals deserved the > win. But surely both teams can have a laugh at the > terrible calls being made. You yell you get it was > comical. Nah Juice and the bird that was in the middle for first grade are both quality refs.

rover
wrote on 13-Sep-20 13:06

No Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Boronia Local Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Shocking from the ref today down at boronia. > > Dont get me wrong the Boronia locals deserved > the > > win. But surely both teams can have a laugh at > the > > terrible calls being made. You yell you get it > was > > comical. > > Nah > > Juice and the bird that was in the middle for > first grade are both quality refs. we had juice for reserve grade last week and he was quality made the first grade ref look even worse than he probably was

Why?
wrote on 13-Sep-20 14:05

Why is Juice still refereeing reserves? He's been refereeing it now for the last three years... It's pretty clear to most teams that he's more than able to do first grade, he's simply not given the opportunity. Not saying the first grade referee was bad (she definitely wasn't woeful as Boronia talks) but Juice's man management makes most first grade refs look pretty ordinary... There's a couple of other ressies ref who have been doing Reserves for a decent amount of time, that are clearly able to do FG. It's been a pleasure to have the FNSW refs of GHFRA to referee a lot of PL games but when NPL goes bad to normal next year, there's surely got to be a case for refs like Juice to make the promotion...

whocares
wrote on 13-Sep-20 17:09

maybe juice is good with players but crap at decisions. whatever this forum is about players not refs

THE ROCK
wrote on 14-Sep-20 06:04

I think it’s about the league, inclusive of players, refs, coaches etc. As for what happened down at boronia, well done to eew, deserves to win. Thought the dickie knee looking bloke in the center for the tigers could have been marched in the first half for 2 bookable offenses back to back, but apparently a talking to was enough. Either way, didn’t change the outcome.

Keith Hackett
wrote on 14-Sep-20 16:01

whocares Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > maybe juice is good with players but crap at > decisions. whatever this forum is about players > not refs Juice has had some O35 & even O45 matches.. he 's not bad.

Politics
wrote on 14-Sep-20 20:07

Why? Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why is Juice still refereeing reserves? He's been > refereeing it now for the last three years... It's > pretty clear to most teams that he's more than > able to do first grade, he's simply not given the > opportunity. > Not saying the first grade referee was bad (she > definitely wasn't woeful as Boronia talks) but > Juice's man management makes most first grade refs > look pretty ordinary... There's a couple of other > ressies ref who have been doing Reserves for a > decent amount of time, that are clearly able to do > FG. > It's been a pleasure to have the FNSW refs of > GHFRA to referee a lot of PL games but when NPL > goes bad to normal next year, there's surely got > to be a case for refs like Juice to make the > promotion... It's all politics mate...they put whoever they want to put on. Plus, you sound like a referee also

The old days
wrote on 14-Sep-20 21:00

Love the old days when you use to read a couple of paragraphs of reflections of games and the odd analysis. Those were the good old days. People must be wanting this season to finish, there's not the same vibe on here as last year...

Girl Power
wrote on 15-Sep-20 06:02

It’s a gender situation, NWSFA can’t be seen leaving the women refs doing ressies every week They need to be seen promoting women in sport and don’t get me wrong they do a great job.

Cardinal Pell
wrote on 15-Sep-20 11:00

Is the pope catholic?

Toovey
wrote on 15-Sep-20 12:04

Bring back MR E. He was a good read.

TimesUP
wrote on 15-Sep-20 13:03

*** ATTN Admin *** Please remove this thread urgently. A referee and the association is being targeted personally. I believe the time is up for this forum and it must be shut down at the end of the year for good since too many people are out of line. Note: Before another imposter comments to say "why are you on the forum if you don't want to read it" please keep in mind that the purpose of this forum is to post results, good banter etc and I shouldn't have to stay off it cause of a few people who are not following the rules.

WRR
wrote on 15-Sep-20 14:06

I say to you buddy go on the refs forum and read that and see what they say about players.

Admin
wrote on 15-Sep-20 15:01

I've removed the comment. Knowing Juice from previous posts, I doubt he would be upset. Juice - PM me to discuss further.

TimesUp
wrote on 15-Sep-20 15:04

I'm not a reff, buddy and not aware there is a public reffs forum for everyone to see. I am also not denying that some reffs like Mark have been out of line on here also. Side Note, Juice is a top bloke and at this rate he will quit reffing also because of such comments about him, just like many other reffs who have had enough in general.

Admin - please...
wrote on 15-Sep-20 15:08

Admin, ur soft. Anyone complains and people get their posts removed. I agree with the above, if refs are upset, don't come on here. if it's personal, yes get rid of it. Pretty sure Juice has been praised over and over on here, if the GHFRA don't want to acknowledge this and put incompetent refs in first grade matches, regardless of gender, it's on them to cop the criticism.

WRR
wrote on 15-Sep-20 16:06

I agree on what you say about mark he has been out of line but juice his got thick skin he’ll take it and also give it that’s what makes him a bloody good ref. And also love a drink and a smoke.

What gives?
wrote on 15-Sep-20 16:07

TimesUp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I'm not a reff, buddy and not aware there is a > public reffs forum for everyone to see. I am also > not denying that some reffs like Mark have been > out of line on here also. > > Side Note, Juice is a top bloke and at this rate > he will quit reffing also because of such comments > about him, just like many other reffs who have had > enough in general. Who exactly are you? Only refs care about their own, so if you're not a ref or ex ref, then what's this whole overreaction to protecting them for what is just plain speaking? I'm sure Juice can handle a slight bit of criticism and there notably have been times where both him and Mark have gone silent on here to ensure that conversation dont get derailed or gets focused solely on refs. It's a shame that all people can post on here are slight snipes at refs. Not saying that we shouldn't but there's more analysis of refs than the game itself as a whole. It be great that people like The Rock and Hutch continue to talk more about how their teams have fared up on the weekend. That's my 2cents anyway

Juice
wrote on 15-Sep-20 16:08

Always appreciate feedback, positive and negative. However, NWSFRA has a great refereeing base. Ever referees team I’ve been a part of this season for games has been excellent - including the 1st grade referee. I have no doubt each referee reflects on their performance each game just as players do, and just like players, we have good days and off days. Remember, for every ‘bad’ decision a referee may make, they don’t make as many as players make in a game with bad touches, poor passes or poor decisions in play. We make mistakes, and we sometimes find ourselves in incorrect position to make calls, and we even acknowledge that - well I do anyway. Formally being in school leadership, I like to use the analogy I use to say to students with issues with their teacher. Teachers have different tolerances, different interpretations, different standards. As a student, you just adjust. You got a strict teacher for one lesson, you know where the line was, so you act accordingly. You get one more casual, again, you know where the line was. Just like a referee, they set the expectation and standard, some are different to others, but as a player, you adjust. Back in my day, there were vastly different refs. When you saw you who had, you knew what he or she was like, what they called, what they accepted, what they interpreted, and you rolled with it. Don’t forget, most referees don’t do it for the cash, but for enjoyment or like me, as well as the enjoyment, want to give back to the game and association I played long in. On a side note, I’m pretty thick skinned and as a player, this forum provided many a banter at my expense over the too many years to count lol, so all good. It’s even more entertaining, the banter in games. Enjoy the rest of the season lads.

Don't cross the line.
wrote on 15-Sep-20 16:09

What about Mark, who we know for real is a reff, calling a player a pe**ant on the forum? What about all the comments that were removed last week directly bullying another players appearance using his FIRST and LAST NAME. What about some of the comments from the colonel on the SL forum and people making fun of religion this week? You may be thick skinned Juice, but ARE THESE ACCEPTABLE?????????????????? During a pandemic, you may not know what someone is going through so let's look out for each other. People have lost their jobs and people are on here "bullying" each other over park football.

Juice
wrote on 15-Sep-20 18:07

Why are you shouting lol? Not sure why the question is directed at me, especially as I don't know the comments you're referring to. Maybe ask the colonel (isn't that SL forum?) and Mark. I will agree though, the banter here is not the same standard as it once was but then again once upon a time, all and sundry took it in good fun and humour. However, times have changed, and you're right, it is a particularly difficult period in time. Let's move forward and keep it to football and its quality ;)

Admin
wrote on 16-Sep-20 14:06

The 3 comments calling for the forum to be regulated by the GHFA/NWSF are all from the same person. This forum provides an outlet for ALL to express views without control of the association as it has been since it's interception back in early 2000's. I will decide what is acceptable and what isn't. If you are opposed to this, then simply leave gracefully.

Scream and Shout
wrote on 16-Sep-20 14:08

I saw the comment on the SL thread and come on, no one here can disagree that a comment referencing or making fun of a religion is anywhere near acceptable. The association should step in to put a stop to this. Why isn't admin removing that one also and why the focus is only on the PL comments?

Author:
Subject: