Toovey
wrote on 20-Aug-20 16:08

Says who? Ressies gotta stay.

Boo hoo
wrote on 20-Aug-20 17:04

NWSF. New Covid guidelines

2s
wrote on 20-Aug-20 18:04

yep and you watch the dobbathon of teams ratting on each other here...

Dog walker
wrote on 20-Aug-20 23:01

When there is a restriction or rule, there’s a dollar to be made (fines) by opportunists (authorities). I’m just going to conveniently walk my dog at the park and take a 90 minute break

Fun Police
wrote on 21-Aug-20 08:04

So in NSW the new COVID cases have more than halved this week - 35 in a week of which 8 are from overseas versus 76 new cases last week and people in authority are thinking of more rules they can apply to people. Has there been a single case from a spectator catching COVID while watching a game in fresh air socially distancing?? Why don't Football bodies ram home the social distancing policy with Clubs first. A football field has 200 metres of sideline to watch from, plus whatever hills, stands there are at some grounds. That's enough space for the 30-40 people who are realistically watching most games. Maybe people should leave a game to go to a shopping centre instead.

Wealdstone Raider
wrote on 21-Aug-20 08:05

You've got no fans!

Shopping Centers Exempt
wrote on 21-Aug-20 08:08

Hi Everyone, Gladys here. I am very sorry to do this, but outdoor activities in open-spaces are now limited to no spectators. The risk of spreading this 'incredibly dangerous' virus is too high. But, if you would like to catch-up after the game at any shopping center around NSW, that is perfectly fine. The virus doesn't exist in the aisles of Woolworths, or in local pubs. Football grounds are very dangerous places for it, however. Also, please socially-distance. During games, however, you are more than welcome to challenge each other for the ball, spit and sweat. The virus is scared of you during the game. Have a great weekend of football!

Juice
wrote on 21-Aug-20 10:02

Not saying I'm for or against the logic, but I'm going to go with spectators at a game generally remain in the one place for the duration thus increasing the likelihood of potential transference. Whilst I get the shopping centre argument, people don't generally congregate in a stationary position for too long hence minimise contact. Perhaps that is their logic?

Dog Walker
wrote on 21-Aug-20 10:08

People "cluster" (to use one of the many buzz words this year) together in shopping aisles, checkouts, or smaller stores. Might not be as prolonged clustering like 90 minutes on a sideline but would be still long enough if everyone leaves their grocery shopping for the weekend and excessive crowds hit the shops at the same time. If gyms have to have marshal, every ground should have 1 marshal per pitch. This is becoming a serious over-dramatised event; I get the early panic but these decisions prove nobody in a position of authority on this has any idea and is totally winging it. Still #revenueraising for me. I'm expecting authorities out in force over the weekend to issue on the spot fines so the government can make up for the holes in their forecasted budgets.

Keith Hackett
wrote on 21-Aug-20 12:00

Shopping Centers Exempt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi Everyone, > > Gladys here. I am very sorry to do this, but > outdoor activities in open-spaces are now limited > to no spectators. The risk of spreading this > 'incredibly dangerous' virus is too high. > > But, if you would like to catch-up after the game > at any shopping center around NSW, that is > perfectly fine. The virus doesn't exist in the > aisles of Woolworths, or in local pubs. Football > grounds are very dangerous places for it, however. > > > Also, please socially-distance. During games, > however, you are more than welcome to challenge > each other for the ball, spit and sweat. The virus > is scared of you during the game. > > Have a great weekend of football! the virus does not exists in Liquor shops/outlets - it must be the cleansing effects of alcohol.

Keith Hackett
wrote on 21-Aug-20 12:02

>>My understanding is the powers that be wanted to totally shut down all community sport for atleast 6 weeks, this was the compromise. TPTB can't afford to..because they are all insolvent & cant afford a refund or even a partial refund enjoY - because you wont know if there is football in 2021

Gladys’ mate
wrote on 21-Aug-20 12:02

There are 7.44m people in NSW. There is ONE new case since yesterday. What a joke

Pete Evans
wrote on 21-Aug-20 12:03

My understanding is the powers that be wanted to totally shut down all community sport for atleast 6 weeks, this was the compromise.

Keith Hackett
wrote on 21-Aug-20 12:09

get some cut outs & place them in the stands - if you have got stands like Penno

rainman
wrote on 21-Aug-20 13:01

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Not saying I'm for or against the logic, but I'm > going to go with spectators at a game generally > remain in the one place for the duration thus > increasing the likelihood of potential > transference. Whilst I get the shopping centre > argument, people don't generally congregate in a > stationary position for too long hence minimise > contact. Perhaps that is their logic? u need to enforce a distance of 1.5m in the wall during FKs.

rainman
wrote on 21-Aug-20 13:02

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Not saying I'm for or against the logic, but I'm > going to go with spectators at a game generally > remain in the one place for the duration thus > increasing the likelihood of potential > transference. Whilst I get the shopping centre > argument, people don't generally congregate in a > stationary position for too long hence minimise > contact. Perhaps that is their logic? u need to enforce a distance of 1.5m in the wall during FKs.

THE ROCK
wrote on 21-Aug-20 13:08

Sorry, but how are they going to police this? I'm sure we will be doing the best to keep this under control, but you can't enforce this rule. Is GHFA going to fine all the clubs for spectators turning up? and who is to know what club the spectator belongs to? Agree we all need to be a little cautious, just don't know how you are able to keep people away.

Tony Abbott
wrote on 21-Aug-20 14:02

How about the government close for 6 weeks and none of them are allowed to be seen.. They're just itching to keep this "pandemic" running for longer and looking for any reason to do so.

Keith Hackett
wrote on 21-Aug-20 14:09

LATEST for Officials Football NSW have released this directive in regard to all community football matches "No player walkouts prior to matches" Please ensure that you do not walk the players out for matches that require them ( (AA/WAA PL, Diamond League, Super League and any other matches that may require it)

Mark Clattenberg
wrote on 21-Aug-20 18:02

THE ROCK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sorry, but how are they going to police this? > > > I'm sure we will be doing the best to keep this > under control, but you can't enforce this rule. > > Is GHFA going to fine all the clubs for spectators > turning up? and who is to know what club the > spectator belongs to? > > Agree we all need to be a little cautious, just > don't know how you are able to keep people away. The number one question. Certainly the referees won't be policing anything; we haven't received an email about this particular new rule regarding crowds. And lets face it, the ambiguity of fans nowadays means it's seriously unfair to give a fine to either club. Refereed the Penno derby on the weekend and pretty much everyone was doing their best to not be too close to each other (bar the players obviously). Not many people that looked the age over 65+ and lots of families grouped together. Still generated a good atmosphere especially for the tight game we had in the Ressies. Surely there will be more detail about what this means practically in the next week...

Brad Breath
wrote on 21-Aug-20 19:02

Buffoons upstairs at Christie think they know more than the health experts. Absolutely no idea this mob

Brad Breath
wrote on 21-Aug-20 19:02

Buffoons upstairs at Christie think they know more than the health experts. Absolutely no idea this mob

Dumb
wrote on 21-Aug-20 19:07

The confusing thing about this whole no fans rule is that no other association has enforced it

Dumb
wrote on 21-Aug-20 19:07

The confusing thing about this whole no fans rule is that no other association has enforced it

Sam Smith
wrote on 21-Aug-20 19:09

GET A LIFE GHFA NWSF ASSOCIATION & STOP CONTROLLING YOUR MEMBERS FNSW CLEARLY STATES: The following should also be noted in relation to outdoor sport participation: an outdoor environment poses less risk of community transmission than an indoor environment. NOWHERE DOES IT SAY: NO SPECTATORS

Agree
wrote on 21-Aug-20 20:00

Mark Clattenberg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > THE ROCK Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Sorry, but how are they going to police this? > > > > > > I'm sure we will be doing the best to keep this > > under control, but you can't enforce this rule. > > > > Is GHFA going to fine all the clubs for > spectators > > turning up? and who is to know what club the > > spectator belongs to? > > > > Agree we all need to be a little cautious, just > > don't know how you are able to keep people > away. > > > > Refereed the Penno derby on the weekend and pretty > much everyone was doing their best to not be too > close to each other (bar the players obviously). > Not many people that looked the age over 65+ and > lots of families grouped together. Still generated > a good atmosphere especially for the tight game we > had in the Ressies. > > Surely there will be more detail about what this > means practically in the next week... Pretty much most of the grounds we've gone to this year have been of the same nature. Campbell, Eastwood, West Epping and Penno particularly are designed perfectly for COVID restrictions. Campbell, West Epping and Eastwood, you can basically segregate about 80 people in couples along the hill that overviews the pitch (maybe not 80 for West Epping but a decent amount). Penno has the high seating as well. North Epping, Pidding, LH Ward and Pidding are the worries. You don't have the high hill or high standing to segregate parts of the crowd, so everyone crams on the touchline. That's your worry. Haven't seen it clearly at the PL level but there have been many games at Morrison and Meadowbank at the junior level that has had crammed in crowded supporters where there is no visible sign of a thought of social distancing.

You watch
wrote on 21-Aug-20 20:06

You watch, they won't implement these strict restrictions anywhere but Campbell Park. I reckon they introduced this because of the cluster of cases that happened in that area regarding Tangara girls.

Nonsense
wrote on 21-Aug-20 20:08

So I could have gone to watch thug by league tonight with thousands of others. I bought my A League semi final tickets today so I can sit in close proximity to hundreds in the Cove. I could go and watch Sydney NPL tonight with a couple of hundred others. But tomorrow I can’t sit with my wife and youngest son and a handful of others to watch my eldest play.....absolute nonsense and nothing less than I’ve come to expect from the GHFA. New name, same old stupidity.

Brydons
wrote on 21-Aug-20 22:04

In all seriousness, what would NWSF do if a club has fans at their games? Fine the clubs? That would never ever stand up if challenged in a court of law. Im sure most clubs would have a lawyer somewhere amongst thier members. Do you really believe NWSF would try to enforce and challenge in the event this actually happened? Craziness in the extreme

Lawyer
wrote on 21-Aug-20 22:06

How can the Association make people not attend a public park to watch sport? It’s laughable. Who do they think they are? This isn’t a directive from the NSW Government nor is it a directive from FNSW. The Association has taken it upon themselves to be a faux police force and try to control us. How many Covid cases have arisen as a result of PL and SL in NWSF? NONE. How many new cases of Covid have there been in NSW in the past 24 hours? ONE. I would love to know the consequences of a fan being caught at a game. Exactly what legal leg would the Association have to stand on? Get off your high horses and reverse this absurd, ridiculous “rule”.

Where is this?
wrote on 21-Aug-20 22:09

Where is this piece of information? I can't find any documentation or statement on the NWSF website???

JT
wrote on 21-Aug-20 23:03

Sam Smith Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would hire my own lawyer if they try to > “fine” me watching my son at his game Easy fix. You just don’t give anyone your details. Will be hard to fine people I imagine.

Sam Smith
wrote on 21-Aug-20 23:04

I would hire my own lawyer if they try to “fine” me watching my son at his game

Nanny association
wrote on 21-Aug-20 23:09

Get this... From earlier today’s updated FNSW’s guidelines, it says: “Limit the number of family members, partners and other spectators that attend all other football matches.” So why are NWSF saying we can’t have any spectators?! Doesn’t say by FNSW “No spectators” #Idiots

Yerp
wrote on 22-Aug-20 06:02

Exactly. Absolute joke of a decision. They put guidelines in place which all PL and SL clubs have been adhering to. Then this from the high and mighty at HQ. The nerve of them trying to control us

Toovey
wrote on 22-Aug-20 06:03

I’ll investigate this.

Mick Doohan
wrote on 22-Aug-20 08:03

There will ALWAYS be spectators at ALL games. It just shows how much of a joke those board members really are. You cannot stop family supporting each other. Get a life.

n00b
wrote on 22-Aug-20 10:03

I don't believe the spectator rule is enforceable by law, it is simply a measure to reduce risks and ensure that we can continue playing sport. There have been a lot of guidelines that don't make sense or disadvantage the majority but the end result is always to reduce the risk. It has has been implemented across all sports, not just FNSW or by NWSF: https://footballnsw.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/JointStatement_full.pdf

There ya go
wrote on 22-Aug-20 21:04

Hill at Epping was absolutely packed for Epping vs Saints

Zippee
wrote on 23-Aug-20 22:07

Sure was full & it was a fantastic atmosphere. The no spectator policy didn’t last long. Great game on Saturday at Epping.

No shit
wrote on 24-Aug-20 11:05

So how did this go on the weekend? There were heaps of people watching our game. Someone said on here that Epping vs Saints was packed. My mate who plays SL said there were a few at their game too

nothing different
wrote on 24-Aug-20 12:06

No shit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So how did this go on the weekend? > There were heaps of people watching our game. > Someone said on here that Epping vs Saints was > packed. > My mate who plays SL said there were a few at > their game too lol if you count a small gathering of both team's reserve grade sitting on the hill as packed. To bloody cold to watch rubbish football anyway

Keith Hackett
wrote on 26-Aug-20 10:05

Hurry & hopefully finish the season quick fast before they lock it up.. sorry for them schoolies https://www.smh.com.au/national/covid-19-sport-rules-make-no-sense-says-king-s-school-headmaster-20200825-p55p8r.html?p i doubt we will play football in 2021

Gossip McAdams
wrote on 26-Aug-20 11:01

Keith Hackett Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hurry & hopefully finish the season quick fast > before they lock it up.. sorry for them schoolies > > https://www.smh.com.au/national/covid-19-sport-rul > es-make-no-sense-says-king-s-school-headmaster-202 > 00825-p55p8r.html?p > > > i doubt we will play football in 2021 Not quite sure how you came up with that outlandish opinion from that article

Not sure
wrote on 26-Aug-20 11:03

I think this weekend maybe the last got that funny feeling it might go that way.

Dumb 89
wrote on 26-Aug-20 11:05

Not sure Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think this weekend maybe the last got that funny > feeling it might go that way. WHY??!!!! That’s completely at odds with what the NSW Government have been saying, they definitely want community sport to continue

rainman
wrote on 26-Aug-20 12:07

Not sure Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think this weekend maybe the last got that funny > feeling it might go that way. You might be right.. but i reckon at least another 3 or 4 weeks -just saying so we can at least finish rd 2/

Author:
Subject: