Rovers
wrote on 18-Jul-20 17:07

WRR v EFC Res 3-3 1st 0-0

Bubba
wrote on 18-Jul-20 18:05

Get the tables

Better than the Woodies
wrote on 18-Jul-20 18:07

Decent side. Some solid players, but nothing outstanding. Will avoid the drop. Better than the second team from Eastwood anyway.

George 88
wrote on 18-Jul-20 18:08

They’re better than 9-1, they look good but no standouts, doubt they’ll get relegated

Saints go marching down
wrote on 18-Jul-20 18:08

So Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So are saints good or not?? Can’t work them out No, number 17 is not good.

Carrot top
wrote on 18-Jul-20 20:00

I’d rather play football in a mud pit than Normanhurst oval, don’t know how you bushpigs do it out there

Feck
wrote on 18-Jul-20 20:08

Couldn’t be much worse than north epping squad. Went upstairs after dropping 6 points to play soggy sao. Heard #3 cheering when he won

The Northern KFC Colonel
wrote on 18-Jul-20 22:02

Normanhurst are a joke of a a club and area. Just like Thornleigh, their property prices are dropping quicker than their position on the ladder. See you in PL next year. The Colonel has spoken. #bowdowntothecolonel

Eastwood
wrote on 18-Jul-20 22:03

Who cares about saints, 9-1 tells the story

Joe
wrote on 18-Jul-20 23:04

Please stay in your own forum Colonel

JoelH
wrote on 19-Jul-20 02:04

The Northern KFC Colonel Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Normanhurst are a joke of a a club and area. Just > like Thornleigh, their property prices are > dropping quicker than their position on the > ladder. > > See you in PL next year. > > The Colonel has spoken. > > #bowdowntothecolonel beats playing at the rancho in Santa Rosa

Same old
wrote on 19-Jul-20 09:02

WRR are as useless as always this season and they’re still a bunch of grubs

Hawks
wrote on 19-Jul-20 11:06

Hawks for the chop this year. It’s been a good run in the PL lads

Hawks

Hawks

Unrucky
wrote on 19-Jul-20 12:03

Still salty about the red Reuben? Same old Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > WRR are as useless as always this season and > they’re still a bunch of grubs

Refs
wrote on 19-Jul-20 15:00

How have the refs been? The young kid refereeing the Normo/Saints game was very very good. Really enjoying having the young refs referee first grade this year

Young guns
wrote on 20-Jul-20 06:03

Refs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How have the refs been? The young kid refereeing > the Normo/Saints game was very very good. Really > enjoying having the young refs referee first grade > this year I'm pretty sure we're getting a few state league refs as the state leagues aren't playing As a long time player in the comp, I have never seen any of the three first grade refs we've had and all three have been outstanding

n00b
wrote on 20-Jul-20 08:04

Stoppage Time NWSF Reg 9.1.19 NWSF Reg 9.3.3.4 Stoppage time IS NOT played except for Premier League Firsts and Super League Firsts matches. For Premier League Firsts and Super League Firsts matches only, the match time will be extended in the event of time being lost due to injury or any other occurrence that causes play to be suspended. Looks like option 3, same as last year with first grade ONLY getting injury time. What it doesn't specify is whether the extra time is added to the end of the game or end of the half being played, I would imagine the latter.

THE ROCK
wrote on 20-Jul-20 08:07

We have had the same refs from the last few years. There was a girl a few weeks back at EFC who i thought lost the plot, actually even the reserve grade ref lost the plot that week. Kinda disappointing as Reidy was reffing 35/1's after that game. Good to see you back on the pitch Reidy! All for youth and the best people Reffing, but there is a difference in technical reffing and controlling a football game when it heats up. Also, whats the story with injury time in first grade this year, i've been told 3 different things on all 3 games: 1 - No injury time 2 -Injury time only to be added, no stoppages 3 - Injury and stoppage time as per last year. Confusing to be honest..

The Saint
wrote on 20-Jul-20 10:01

We had Tom Forrest doing ressies on Saturday

Timekeeper
wrote on 20-Jul-20 14:06

Stoppage time is played in first grade for all normal stoppage time instances except for interchanges made this year.

grant night
wrote on 20-Jul-20 16:02

The Saint Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > We had Tom Forrest doing ressies on Saturday with a mask?

Bill
wrote on 20-Jul-20 19:02

I know the lady ref you’re taking about. She is terrible, refs on emotion and is out to prove that woman can be the centre official. She is out of here league. Simply put, she is terrible Should be working kids games.

Bill
wrote on 20-Jul-20 19:02

I know the lady ref you’re taking about. She is terrible, refs on emotion and is out to prove that woman can be the centre official. She is out of here league. Simply put, she is terrible Should be working kids games.

Hamish
wrote on 20-Jul-20 21:03

Knew you would come into bat for your fellow refs Mark. You probably would bat for Pollie when he gave 3 yellows in a WC game lol I'm guessing you know who we're talking about... It's pretty clear to me that most of the young refs,especially the girls can't control heated football games.

Mark Clattenberg
wrote on 20-Jul-20 21:07

Bill Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know the lady ref you’re taking about. > She is terrible, refs on emotion and is out to > prove that woman can be the centre official. She > is out of here league. Simply put, she is > terrible > Should be working kids games. Alrighty William settle down there buddy. The energy it takes to referee you lot, tires all the emotions out of any ref...

The Northern KFC Colonel
wrote on 20-Jul-20 22:00

If the back-pass rule was never brought in, we’d have won a Champion of Champions by now.

Mark Clattenberg
wrote on 20-Jul-20 22:01

Hamo all I'll say is basically what I said last year in the Super League forum after the semi-final games. The referee's that get picked to referee any game in PL/SL, aren't there because someone flipped a coin and thought it was a good idea. They have had years of experience refereeing through the ranks, being assessed by the best and mentored by the best (most likely have gone through the FNSW path) so they ain't no amateurs. First Grade is played at a different pace, different type of aggression and different atmosphere to Ressies. It takes a slight bit of time to adjust to that differential. It's possible that the referee had a bad game and thus the judgment from William/Rock. It's also possible that there's a whole lot of whinging for no reason whatsoever. As far as I know, no red cards were given, nor TD's so clearly the game didn't go so out of control that players lost their heads because of it. Most PL teams do this already but learn to read your referee. What is he/she harsh on and what do they wave away and adjust to that. If they're someone that's harsh on dissent, then zip up the mouths. If they're chill on challenges, then you calm the anxiety when attempting etc. etc. At this level, you probably need to learn to master the skill. Saves alot of frustration

Juice
wrote on 21-Jul-20 23:02

Hamish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Knew you would come into bat for your fellow refs > Mark. You probably would bat for Pollie when he > gave 3 yellows in a WC game lol > > I'm guessing you know who we're talking about... > It's pretty clear to me that most of the young > refs,especially the girls can't control heated > football games. Hamish, it’s a shame you choose to focus on the perception of a referee’s alleged inability to control a game, rather than the inability of grown ‘men’ to remember that it’s just park football. Perhaps we’re all adjusting to extraordinary circumstances at the moment.

THE ROCK
wrote on 22-Jul-20 10:07

Mark, Like i said, I'm all for youth coming through the ranks and have no issues with male/female refs, but the point i was making is that particular match was pretty bad. And it wasn't because of just the main ref, it was the AR who reffed reserve grade. I have video footage of the EFC game if you are a ref and want to review it independently. Either way, a refs primary role is the protect players. We had a pretty brutal challenge from a known offender in the first 2 mins. If you don't book players early for stupidity, then it sets the bar for the rest of the game. You can't judge if a game was out of control by red cards. Just like last year in the ressies semi final v penno there were 11 yellows and 1 red, that was the other end of the spectrum. Just saying. You have really good controllers of the game in guys like Juice, Reidy not reffing first grade which in my view is a waste. Just my 2c.

Batts*
wrote on 22-Jul-20 13:07

Are you and Reidy still dating?

Old timer
wrote on 23-Jul-20 19:04

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hamish Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Knew you would come into bat for your fellow > refs > > Mark. You probably would bat for Pollie when he > > gave 3 yellows in a WC game lol > > > > I'm guessing you know who we're talking > about... > > It's pretty clear to me that most of the young > > refs,especially the girls can't control heated > > football games. > > Hamish, it’s a shame you choose to focus on the > perception of a referee’s alleged inability to > control a game, rather than the inability of grown > ‘men’ to remember that it’s just park > football. Perhaps we’re all adjusting to > extraordinary circumstances at the moment. Completely agree with you here juice But it's also a bit rich coming from a former bushboy The kenthurst sideline loved to insult refs

Bush
wrote on 24-Jul-20 19:06

Old timer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Juice Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Hamish Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Knew you would come into bat for your fellow > > refs > > > Mark. You probably would bat for Pollie when > he > > > gave 3 yellows in a WC game lol > > > > > > I'm guessing you know who we're talking > > about... > > > It's pretty clear to me that most of the > young > > > refs,especially the girls can't control > heated > > > football games. > > > > Hamish, it’s a shame you choose to focus on > the > > perception of a referee’s alleged inability > to > > control a game, rather than the inability of > grown > > ‘men’ to remember that it’s just park > > football. Perhaps we’re all adjusting to > > extraordinary circumstances at the moment. > > Completely agree with you here juice > But it's also a bit rich coming from a former > bushboy > The kenthurst sideline loved to insult refs Think you would probably find juice was one of quietest amongst that rabble.

Author:
Subject: