eVERTON V MU - IS THAT A GOAL?

Views: 304 Posts: 3
Isaac Heeney
wrote on 03-Mar-20 07:02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpA0ikHlVXA IS HE INTERFERING WITH PLAY..? DOES IT MATTER - SINCE THE LAST GUY WHO TOUCHED THE BALL WAS A MANURE DEFENDER SHOULD BE A GOAL

n00b
wrote on 03-Mar-20 16:07

Harsh but I reckon offside no goal. It doesn't matter who touched the ball last, he was in an offside position at the time of the original shot, before the deflection. The only question is whether he impedes the play or not. Based on the positioning I would say he does.

de lafleu
wrote on 03-Mar-20 21:00

Gaining an advantage is by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent or been deliberately saved by an opponent. A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent, who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save), is not considered to have gained an advantage === examples: COMMENTARY Offside Decisions: Defender's Deliberate Play vs. a Deflectionby Randy Vogt , Dec 7, 2016By Randy Vogt Flushing, Queens is home to U.S. Open tennis and Citi Field, where the New York Mets play. It also has a huge Asian-American population. So when a junior college coach asked me to meet him at a restaurant in Flushing over a year ago, I checked to make sure that his team was not on my schedule (it was not) before I accepted and chose a Vietnamese restaurant with good reviews. I explained what was then a new interpretation of the offside rule, the attacker playing the ball, then the defender simply misplaying the ball and the ball going to another attacker, who was in an offside position when the ball was originally played by the attacker. Considered offside in the past, now considered onside. Upon the conclusion of our meal, he said to me, “Geez, I’m going to win and lose a lot of games based on this interpretation.” Actually, not as many as he thought as a very small percentage of goals, like 1% or 2%, are scored after a defender misplays the ball, at least in the games I have officiated during this time. Gaining an advantage is by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent or been deliberately saved by an opponent. A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent, who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save), is not considered to have gained an advantage. Therefore, the officials must decide whether the defender deliberately played the ball or whether it deflected or rebounded from him or her. Factors to consider in making this determination include whether the defender moved a body part toward the ball, the distance of the defender from the ball when it was played and whether the ball is expected by the defender. Yet the attacker in an offside position (when the ball was originally played) receiving the ball from a goalkeeper or a defender from a deliberate save is still offside. Let’s take these scenarios that occurred in my games: • In a game that I was refereeing without ARs, the ball after a corner kick is played to the corner of the penalty area (where the 18-yard line meets the 18-yard line). With three attackers in offside positions in the goal area but not interfering with any opposing players, an attacker plays the ball on the ground toward the front of the goal. The second-to-last defender, 15m from the ball when it was originally played, miskicks the ball and it goes to an attacker behind him who scores. The defenders appealed for offside and were shocked that call was not coming. • An attacker dribbling up the touchline crosses the ball toward another attacker, in an offside position 25m away. Between those players was a defender who stuck out his foot. The ball rebounded off his foot to the other attacker. The AR raised his flag but I overruled him as that attacker scored. Yes, I heard it from the opposing coach but I explained that offside could not be called as the defender deliberately played the ball. == was that a deflection from the MU player or did he dliberately stuck out his foot? the guy lying they offside - well he's just lying there..lol

Author:
Subject: