Relegation Changes

Views: 1881 Posts: 19
THE ROCK
wrote on 13-Aug-19 10:00

No it's not harsh. It's the same as it's always been, stiff shit. I know the state league has changed quite a few times, but it used to be and should always be first grade's performance. Apply the same rules to the EPL, No we shouldn't have relegated Fulham for the EPL to the Championship because they had a really good U18's.

Bye Bye Birdie
wrote on 13-Aug-19 10:04

Sounds like the time a few years ago Normo finished 2nd in SL and wanted the promotion/relegation changed to 2 teams. You finished last Ravens, suck it up princess

Relegation Battlers
wrote on 13-Aug-19 10:07

The relegation format should be redone in a club championship style.

Club Championship Points = 2 x First Grade Points + Reserve Grade Points

It takes into account squad depth and doesn't encourage Ressies stacking by any means.

Ravens would of finished on (16 x 2) + 29 = 61 points

Epping FC would of finished on (19 x 2 + 3 = 41 points

Harsh on Ravens to get relegated when they had a talented Ressies side and the fact that the Epping FC ressies team belong in AA8's and thats being generous!

Relegation Battlers
wrote on 13-Aug-19 13:05

So what's the point of Ressies??? Why isn't the PL/SL format just one team and not two if only First Grade counts? At least having an club championship total with both First Grade and Ressies contibuting is better than our current setup..? In Super League, Northern HFC will stay up despite their Ressies team conceding 49 goals in their last 7 games and 19 points behind second last..

THE ROCK
wrote on 13-Aug-19 15:06

Point Break Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think you will find most clubs now days use it > to develop younger players for 1st grade. I think what you will find is that U18/U21 is too big of a jump to 1st grade, so Reserve grade is the level ahead of AA and the natural next step.

Point Break
wrote on 13-Aug-19 15:08

Relegation Battlers Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So what's the point of Ressies??? I think you will find most clubs now days use it to develop younger players for 1st grade.

brisc
wrote on 13-Aug-19 19:02

Bye Bye Birdie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sounds like the time a few years ago Normo > finished 2nd in SL and wanted the > promotion/relegation changed to 2 teams. > > You finished last Ravens, suck it up princess We were saying 1up 1 down, and then a play off between 2nd placed SL vs 2nd last PL. Still think it a good idea, the problem is finding a time for the play off. This year it would be Nerds vs Redbacks The aim is to get the best teams into PL

Tratatata
wrote on 14-Aug-19 07:08

Relegation Battlers Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Harsh on Ravens to get relegated when they had a > talented Ressies side and the fact that the Epping > FC ressies team belong in AA8's and thats being > generous! Raven’s ressies are not children, their coach could’ve easily promoted them to the 1st team if they were that good. So it’s either they weren’t or the coach made a mistake. When they played us, some of their ressies were better than the 1sts. I can only assume there’s an internal struggle. Perhaps that’s why the coach resigned....

shoulda woulda coulda
wrote on 14-Aug-19 09:08

im not from the ravens and I agree that promotion and relegation should be a club championship but the ratio should be about 5-1 not 2-1. As squad depth should be a factor in deciding who should be in PL/SL. There have been a few times when a team has come up to PL with no depth and lost a few players in the off season and then majorly struggled all year and then relegated the next year straight away. Beecroft is a good example of this. However 2-1 is stupid. It means every 2 ressies wins is worth a first grade win. So you could come into a game thinking you don't have much chance of getting any points in first grade so you just stack your ressies and still get 1.5 points instead of 0. A 5-1 ratio is what the state leagues do. It means most of the emphasis is still on first grade and that squad depth only triumphs when the competition is very very close This year is the only year over the last 10 that this rule would have affected who got relegated from PL. The fact is though, that this is not a rule and that the ravens came last. You have been fairly relegated and have to deal with it. I noticed that over the last few games players like Igor and Manny and your keeper were playing in your reserve grade games . In most other teams these players would be first grade starters. And then you had players in firsts; that tall lanky starting defensive mid who is slow and uncoordinated and doesnt mark and doesnt do anything when he gets the ball other than put long balls to the corners. The keeper who makes 1 or 2 good saves a game but also lets in 1 or 2 howlers and then screams at the rest of his team afterwards. There was obviously something weird going on at the coach/club captain level of your team that caused these weird selections to happen and now you have to deal with being relegated and knowing that youre strange decisions have caused this to happen

Relegation Battlers
wrote on 16-Aug-19 18:09

Having playoffs is a good idea I think too It would be interesting to see who would be the stronger team and would somewhat validate a sides promotion if they knock off the relegated team from PL.. What I proposed was just an example but it obviously can be something different My point is, there are teams like Epping FC and Epping Eastwood who obviously have no depth to their squads so their Ressies struggle big time. I don't know about you but those two Ressies teams in particular didn't exactly have a young, developing squad at all like North Epping and Penno who do Good luck having Epping FC in the mix next year. They'll be lucky to get 2 wins!

super league battlers
wrote on 17-Aug-19 12:08

and the ravens will be lucky to get 2 wins in super league next year with the squad they have cant believe a ravens player is coming on here and giving shit about other squads depth when over the last 5 or so years their ressies have been notoriously shit if there was a competition over which team has had the most consistently bad ressies, ravens would win

Relegation Battlers
wrote on 19-Aug-19 12:03

super league battlers, you obviously belong to Epping FC or North Epping with that attitude. Raven's will be back up with their depth. It looks like Ryde Saints will struggle seeing as their over-reliant on one striker and their Ressies team has struggled in SL!

Crazyyyyy
wrote on 19-Aug-19 13:03

Relegation Battlers Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > super league battlers, you obviously belong to > Epping FC or North Epping with that attitude. > > Raven's will be back up with their depth. It looks > like Ryde Saints will struggle seeing as their > over-reliant on one striker and their Ressies team > has struggled in SL! You are a bit delusional. Your coach left, you got relegated, do you really think the so called talented ressies are going to stay with your club especially considering they are not given an opportunity to play in the first team? Ravens are going to be a SL team for a veryyyyyy long time, get comfortable.

Grey Goose
wrote on 19-Aug-19 16:09

Lets be honest, these "talented Ravens ressies" finished 6th. That wont get you promoted back to PL any time soon.

Clash
wrote on 20-Aug-19 12:09

Grey Goose Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Lets be honest, these "talented Ravens ressies" > finished 6th. That wont get you promoted back to > PL any time soon. Were they actually talented? When we played them the first time they were garbage, pretty sure they were 2nd of 3rd last on the ladder. They looked like a different team the 2nd time we played, they had a strong midfield. Looked like a couple of demoted 1st graders. Either way, I think Ravens are done, I don’t see them coming back up from SL

youre right
wrote on 20-Aug-19 13:00

that's exactly what happened the 'core' group of friends at ravens had a mutiny and took over and only played the people they liked in firsts and dropped the ones who weren't really 'part of the group' to ressies so they ended up with a first grade that got them relegated and a reserve grade that was actually pretty good id expect not many of the first graders that got dropped to stay as who would want to play with a team that operates like that

Stifler's Dad
wrote on 20-Aug-19 13:09

It doesn't look like Ravens have much in the way of juniors coming through either. They had quite a few decent U18's & U21's teams in the past 5 years, none now though.

Farmer Palmer
wrote on 21-Aug-19 11:01

THE ROCK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > OK, i'll buy into this. > > We won the SL at Beecroft some 5 years back, had a > really strong Ressies team/ decent firsts team and > won promotion over Normo(after they were relegated > from PL the year before). > > We went to PL with the same squad, +3 players. In > the first 3 rounds, we had 4 players out for the > season and fought to the death, but we were > relegated back to the SL. > > > What i'm trying to say is the difference between > SL and PL is huge in terms of competitiveness each > week and takes it's toll on "a strong SL first > team". > > Look at West Ryde this year, not a bad team, > smashed SL last year by a long shot, but not a > stand out in PL.(i'm sure they will build, but > there is all this talk about SL teams doing well > in PL and it's simply not 100% accurate). > > Which brings me to Promotion/Relegation. The team > coming 2nd last(this year was North Epping), will > be stronger as a squad than the 2nd place SL team > over 1 rounds(redbacks). > > Now i have seen both squads this year and in a > match, Redbacks will most probably win. But over > 18 rounds of being kicked week in week out they > will most likely not do better than North Epping. > > Just my thoughts. Stop sniffing glue Rock, you are starting to make sense.

THE ROCK
wrote on 21-Aug-19 11:01

OK, i'll buy into this. We won the SL at Beecroft some 5 years back, had a really strong Ressies team/ decent firsts team and won promotion over Normo(after they were relegated from PL the year before). We went to PL with the same squad, +3 players. In the first 3 rounds, we had 4 players out for the season and fought to the death, but we were relegated back to the SL. What i'm trying to say is the difference between SL and PL is huge in terms of competitiveness each week and takes it's toll on "a strong SL first team". Look at West Ryde this year, not a bad team, smashed SL last year by a long shot, but not a stand out in PL.(i'm sure they will build, but there is all this talk about SL teams doing well in PL and it's simply not 100% accurate). Which brings me to Promotion/Relegation. The team coming 2nd last(this year was North Epping), will be stronger as a squad than the 2nd place SL team over 1 rounds(redbacks). Now i have seen both squads this year and in a match, Redbacks will most probably win. But over 18 rounds of being kicked week in week out they will most likely not do better than North Epping. Just my thoughts.

Author:
Subject: