GHFA Premier League
Sponsors of the
Golden Boot &
Tipping Competition
Sponsors of the
Best Defence Award
Co-sponsor of the
Tipping Competition
Co-sponsor of the
Golden Boot
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Nah ()
Date: August 27, 2019 07:24PM

Juice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hillbilly Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Juice Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > I live in the hills but there’s reason why
> I
> > > stay in GHFA. For now GHFA is a better comp
> > from
> > > top to bottom. Hills does have an awesome
> media
> > > process though, in promoting both the game
> and
> > the
> > > PL -
> > >
> >
> [www.facebook.com]
>
> >
> > > e/
> > >
> > > The grounds aren’t too bad rock. Not as
> many
> > > synthetics granted, but the pitches on par
> with
> > > GHFA PLs that aren’t synthetic.
> >
> >
> > Anyone can throw together a few Facebook
> pages..
> > so called 'promotion & marketing'.
> >
> > Let's face it - how big a crowd can you get?
> >
> > Even in a top notch NPL1 match between say -
> > Blacktown & Woll. Wolves you'll be lucky to get
> a
> > 1000.
> >
> > In a NPL2 GF match you will stretching 500-800
> > spectators - mostly friends, relatives & a
> couple
> > of reporters.
> >
> > I wonder where they get their moolah to pay top
> > players 50-100K and Football TDs earning
> 150K/yr
> > at least
>
>
> Whatever your take on it - seemingly negative -
> it’s still something. I watched a KEN midweek
> cup game v an AA way to low to know, and Hills FA
> had a FFA intern there taking pictures, getting
> names of scorers etc. It was great to see. So what
> if it doesn’t translate to people at games,
> it’s park football, just as NPL1 really is as
> well. Point is it’s something to promote grass
> roots football, improve sponsorship etc. There’s
> just no keeping everyone happy is there I guess.
> #silverliningshilbilly

NPL1 is park football? You’re way off. I know guys in that division on $4k per week. Hardly park football

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Juice ()
Date: August 27, 2019 09:36PM

Can you make a living off it? No... but I’ll admit, it’s nice pocket money. Still park football for all intensive purposes. Just played on nicer parks ????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Nah ()
Date: August 27, 2019 10:16PM

Are you for real? You couldn’t make a living off getting that sort of money? It’s semi-professional football.
BTW the saying is “for all intents and purposes”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Fiver$ ()
Date: August 27, 2019 10:28PM

Nah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> NPL1 is park football? You’re way off. I know
> guys in that division on $4k per week. Hardly park
> football


I know an average guy in NPL2 getting $700 a game.. but i am not surprised if a gun player in NPL1 can get 3 or 4K

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Fiver$ ()
Date: August 27, 2019 10:32PM

::but I’ll admit, it’s nice pocket money.::

Nice pockey money is $200 per match..

4K is serious moolah

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Nah ()
Date: August 27, 2019 10:55PM

Fiver$ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ::but I’ll admit, it’s nice pocket money.::
>
> Nice pockey money is $200 per match..
>
> 4K is serious moolah


Spot on

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Nah ()
Date: August 27, 2019 10:56PM

I also know an NPL2 player for Spirit who was on $1500 last season. Crazy money

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: dont know wtf ()
Date: August 28, 2019 08:21AM

its also tax free as its counted as a hobby
$4k a week tax free is easily live offable
that's way more than the average wage

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Mike Dean ()
Date: August 28, 2019 11:16AM

dont know wtf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> its also tax free as its counted as a hobby
> $4k a week tax free is easily live offable
> that's way more than the average wage

an ex-socceroo now at Ma Kornie used to be on >2k-3k a match
at NPL1

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: THE ROCK ()
Date: August 28, 2019 11:18AM

Back in the day francis awarteepee was on like $1200/game in the wollongong PL and thats going back 10 years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Room for Improvement ()
Date: August 28, 2019 02:45PM

If you think GHFA or the Hills do a good job promoting / have a professional setup do yourselves a favour and check out the central coast men's premier league.
[ccfootball.com.au]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Isaac Heeney ()
Date: August 28, 2019 02:53PM

Room for Improvement Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you think GHFA or the Hills do a good job
> promoting / have a professional setup do
> yourselves a favour and check out the central
> coast men's premier league.
> [ccfootball.com.au]


full Fledge 12 Team comp..2 teams promoted/relegated
BIG Prize Money that's enough to make you salivate
and it is the central coast..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: TG ()
Date: August 28, 2019 03:45PM

Maybe one day we’ll run a 12 team comp and 2 teams promotion and relegation .

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: mike Dean ()
Date: August 28, 2019 04:35PM

TG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe one day we’ll run a 12 team comp and 2
> teams promotion and relegation .



From Hills down to the River.. (Glade)

There's not enough talent or teams or players to form a competitive PL comp?

I bet if you whack in $X0,000 prize money they'll come thick & fast

The largest association in NSW did you say?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Not very livable ()
Date: August 28, 2019 04:37PM

dont know wtf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> its also tax free as its counted as a hobby
> $4k a week tax free is easily live offable
> that's way more than the average wage


I doubt they would get 4k a week for 52 weeks ?
and then after your playing days are over, then what?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Hillbilly ()
Date: August 28, 2019 04:49PM

OLD NEWS BUT STILL APPLY/VALID - obviously the fees have gone up now

The good 'Ol Osmo$i$ is all from the roots up to the Plant - LOL.

[www.smh.com.au]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Hillbilly ()
Date: August 28, 2019 04:57PM

Not very livable Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dont know wtf Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > its also tax free as its counted as a hobby
> > $4k a week tax free is easily live offable
> > that's way more than the average wage
>
>
> I doubt they would get 4k a week for 52 weeks ?
> and then after your playing days are over, then
> what?


Uh huh ..how bout studying Uni. part-time while playing..?
How 'bout learning a trade?

This is park football where a few hundred come to watch on a good day - not Pro Football. Getting 4K for 25 weekends in still pretty good coin while studying or working part-time.

If you want life guarantees - try US, Europe or China Pro Leagues.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Yep ()
Date: August 28, 2019 06:46PM

Isaac Heeney Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Room for Improvement Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If you think GHFA or the Hills do a good job
> > promoting / have a professional setup do
> > yourselves a favour and check out the central
> > coast men's premier league.
> >
> [ccfootball.com.au]
>
>
>
> full Fledge 12 Team comp..2 teams
> promoted/relegated
> BIG Prize Money that's enough to make you
> salivate
> and it is the central coast..


Not just that but full match wrote ups, round summaries, up to date player rosters, golden boot, CLUB championships thst count all the way to 21’s. Not only these things but a super active association in regards to sponsorship, advertisement and promotion. Take notes GHFA. That is how you build hype, get attention and make $$$. Not by gouging juniors with rego fees.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: hacked ()
Date: August 28, 2019 06:57PM

Error

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: proposition ()
Date: August 28, 2019 06:58PM

Tried to post this earlier but it didn't upload.

With all the talk of other comps with hills and central cost, and the unlikeliness of GHFA changing any time soon, I have a proposition.

Would people be interested in some kind of social media page for GHFA prem, similar to the Facebook one hills has for their prem?

Pictures, game info, videos, any thing GHFA prem.

I'd be happy to do it myself. it would spread the word a bit, hopefully get a few more people to games, and hype the league up a bit. a bit of fun.

Just an idea.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Admin ()
Date: August 28, 2019 07:01PM

Actually, funny you mention this. We are in the middle of a rebuild of this forum now and want to engage keen people to help contribute on a regular basis.

PM me if you are what we are looking for.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Mark Clattenbrg ()
Date: August 28, 2019 07:13PM

The new forum should be called "Lets blame the reffs" good idea? Otherwise there is no point in having a forum anyway, results go up pretty quick these days.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Grant Night ()
Date: August 28, 2019 09:56PM

proposition Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tried to post this earlier but it didn't upload.
>
> With all the talk of other comps with hills and
> central cost, and the unlikeliness of GHFA
> changing any time soon, I have a proposition.
>
> Would people be interested in some kind of social
> media page for GHFA prem, similar to the Facebook
> one hills has for their prem?
>
> Pictures, game info, videos, any thing GHFA prem.
>
> I'd be happy to do it myself. it would spread the
> word a bit, hopefully get a few more people to
> games, and hype the league up a bit. a bit of
> fun.
>
> Just an idea.



Either GHFA will baulked -for image copyrights/rights

Or they'll give you a few $$$ to buy a digital camera plus company car .. :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Imposter 3.0 ()
Date: August 29, 2019 10:58AM

Mark Clattenbrg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The new forum should be called "Lets blame the
> reffs" good idea? Otherwise there is no point in
> having a forum anyway, results go up pretty quick
> these days.

You are not the real Mark. Will the real Mark step up please?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Mark Clattenberg ()
Date: August 29, 2019 12:28PM

proposition Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tried to post this earlier but it didn't upload.
>
> With all the talk of other comps with hills and
> central cost, and the unlikeliness of GHFA
> changing any time soon, I have a proposition.
>
> Would people be interested in some kind of social
> media page for GHFA prem, similar to the Facebook
> one hills has for their prem?
>
> Pictures, game info, videos, any thing GHFA prem.
>
> I'd be happy to do it myself. it would spread the
> word a bit, hopefully get a few more people to
> games, and hype the league up a bit. a bit of
> fun.
>
> Just an idea.

[www.youtube.com]

IST films games within a region of the USA. Filmed by the clubs for the purpose of promoting the local game within that region as well as USA football in general. Catchy engaging titles that draw people in. Not just the Premier League games but also 21s and junior football finals. Decent quality videos with someone taking the time to edit for slow-mo/highlights that will draw people to watch em.
Surely the clubs or GHFA could cash in a decent amount for someone to film the first grade games for example and post them up with the main highlights?

The only club I know that films their games is Epping Eastwood and the videos that I've seen, are good quality in picture and sound (captured within the crowd so atmosphere is pumped up more than usual)...

Its worth thinking about anyway. The lineups idea and match reports are great ideas. Its just finding the people to do such things.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Reality Check ()
Date: August 29, 2019 12:52PM

Mark, the problem with that idea is that the referees association will block that immediately. They won't want their precious refs having their feelings hurt when they get exposed for the average refs that they are. I mean look at the comments on that youtube video you shared. Watch the forum erupt with chaos. The focus every video and every game is on the referee and not on the game overall.

The reality is that the quality of football in local football in GHFA and abroad is getting worse. The quality of Premier League and Super League is dire. I mean St Andrews have come second with the same squad that won them trophies 6 years ago... They should be playing 35's soon, too old. The increased unnecessary rego fees haven't helped promote the game. People shouldn't have to pay more than $200 to play local football let alone over $300. The standard of refereeing is getting worse. Why would people play local football if they are going to miss 1/3 if not more of the season due to referees unable to handle the heat?

GHFA can't promote the game because there's nothing to promote... Waste of discussion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Juice ()
Date: August 29, 2019 01:26PM

Reality Check Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mark, the problem with that idea is that the
> referees association will block that immediately.
> They won't want their precious refs having their
> feelings hurt when they get exposed for the
> average refs that they are. I mean look at the
> comments on that youtube video you shared. Watch
> the forum erupt with chaos. The focus every video
> and every game is on the referee and not on the
> game overall.
>
> The reality is that the quality of football in
> local football in GHFA and abroad is getting
> worse. The quality of Premier League and Super
> League is dire. I mean St Andrews have come second
> with the same squad that won them trophies 6 years
> ago... They should be playing 35's soon, too old.
> The increased unnecessary rego fees haven't helped
> promote the game. People shouldn't have to pay
> more than $200 to play local football let alone
> over $300. The standard of refereeing is getting
> worse. Why would people play local football if
> they are going to miss 1/3 if not more of the
> season due to referees unable to handle the heat?
>
> GHFA can't promote the game because there's
> nothing to promote... Waste of discussion.

What are you basing your assessment on the quality of football declining on? In all my years of playing GHFA PL, the teams that performed consistently with success were invariably ‘older’ squads. WPH this year has been an exception - they are quite young as a squad in comparison to other long term dominating squads. But in saying that, they came together at young age and it’s taken a few years for them to get to where they are today. Obviously it’s yet to be determined if they will consistently dominate, but the standard has been pretty consistent over the last few years. Losing KEN and PHD did weaken the overall comp, but GHFA still puts in a decent level for park football PL. I’d certainly not classify it as dire... that’s my 22 years playing and now 4 years refereeing worth of experience opinion anyway. But you’re entitled to your opinion.

FNSW and insurance make rego fees high. Add in some clubs purchase new strips regularly across seasons that don’t necessarily get subsidised with sponsorship and yes it does become expensive. KEN got a new strip almost every season, but then again, the squad was very proactive in obtaining sponsorship off its own efforts to secure, not the club.

As for the refereeing standard - oh that old chestnut. I’d play a season for free if I had a dollar for every time I heard that every season I played. I assume you will be at a ref course early next year to take up the whistle then? I did it for that reason, how about yourself? It’s not excusing anything of course and I’m sure most if not all refs reflect on their performances and learn from them. They, we, make mistakes, just as players do in a game - of course we make far less mistakes than players (yes I get our mistakes can affect a game but so too does missing a sitter in front of goal). See you at ref course next year yeah? winking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: THE ROCK ()
Date: August 29, 2019 11:24PM

Juice, you crack me up.....But on a serious note, i thought you didn't have to pay for rego at kenthurst... hahah

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: Beecroft Barry ()
Date: August 30, 2019 01:34PM

Hillbilly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Juice Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I live in the hills but there’s reason why I
> > stay in GHFA. For now GHFA is a better comp
> from
> > top to bottom. Hills does have an awesome media
> > process though, in promoting both the game and
> the
> > PL -
> >
> [www.facebook.com]
>
> > e/
> >
> > The grounds aren’t too bad rock. Not as many
> > synthetics granted, but the pitches on par with
> > GHFA PLs that aren’t synthetic.
>
>
> Anyone can throw together a few Facebook pages..
> so called 'promotion & marketing'.
>
> Let's face it - how big a crowd can you get?
>
> Even in a top notch NPL1 match between say -
> Blacktown & Woll. Wolves you'll be lucky to get a
> 1000.
>
> In a NPL2 GF match you will stretching 500-800
> spectators - mostly friends, relatives & a couple
> of reporters.
>
> I wonder where they get their moolah to pay top
> players 50-100K and Football TDs earning 150K/yr
> at least


Juniors mate

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hills District FA
Posted by: THE ROCK ()
Date: August 31, 2019 11:11AM

Juniors have always funded seniors.


Not sure it’s right, but it’s the way it’s been.


We should try and be a bit like the English lower leagues.... but I guess that’s gonna take time and money!

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4


Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 22?