Hills District FA

Views: 9913 Posts: 97
Jamie Foxx
wrote on 06-Aug-19 18:00

Anyone with affiliation with the new district - how is the standard of competition there? easy to get refs? And, why is it that WEst Penno and Hills Hawks are not in it? Geographically they are much closer than North Rocks Soccer Club which is a stone throw from carlingford.

TG
wrote on 07-Aug-19 10:02

I’m hearing that hawks are going to the hills comp next year and linking with hills pumas and playing out of Les Shore glenorie as Hayes park will stay with ghfa.

Mike Dean
wrote on 07-Aug-19 12:05

TG Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m hearing that hawks are going to the hills > comp next year and linking with hills pumas and > playing out of Les Shore glenorie as Hayes park > will stay with ghfa. No way - there have their canteen money vested in Hayes Park - why would they move to a shoddy place/home miles away?

Mike Dean
wrote on 07-Aug-19 12:05

TG Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m hearing that hawks are going to the hills > comp next year and linking with hills pumas and > playing out of Les Shore glenorie as Hayes park > will stay with ghfa. No way - there have their canteen money vested in Hayes Park - why would they move to a shoddy place/home miles away?

TG
wrote on 07-Aug-19 14:09

Cause ghfa pays the lease on Hayes and they said to Hawks if you wanna go to the hills then go but find a new oval.

hwk
wrote on 07-Aug-19 17:07

rumours are the hawks are not happy with how the ghfa have run the association this year and are considering jumping ship. it would make sense if this is the case. It would be great for the hawks to leave as it allows us to stay in PL.

bye bye ravens
wrote on 08-Aug-19 07:03

if hawks leave will the team that came last stay up or will two teams come up from super league I hope its the latter

Pocket
wrote on 08-Aug-19 16:03

Still only one up. Unlucky pumpkin You need to win super league before you can play with the big boys...

Not so sure
wrote on 08-Aug-19 17:04

Pocket Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Still only one up. > > > Unlucky pumpkin > > You need to win super league before you can play > with the big boys... I seem to remember when Puma's folded that WWR were promoted to PL despite finishing 2nd in Super League the previous year. I think Epping were relegated from PL to SL.

norman harvie
wrote on 08-Aug-19 21:06

hwk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > rumours are the hawks are not happy with how the > ghfa have run the association this year and are > considering jumping ship. > > it would make sense if this is the case. > > It would be great for the hawks to leave as it > allows us to stay in PL. come on - there are tens of clubs which are not happy - doesnt mean they get to go anyway anywhere. Just gotta lump it. hawks will never abandon their brand new clubhouse and go to Rustic Glenorie.

Who?
wrote on 09-Aug-19 12:02

who ie WWR Worlds Worst Rovers?

worst wombats
wrote on 09-Aug-19 12:04

Not so sure Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Pocket Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Still only one up. > > > > > > Unlucky pumpkin > > > > You need to win super league before you can > play > > with the big boys... > > I seem to remember when Puma's folded that WWR > were promoted to PL despite finishing 2nd in Super > League the previous year. I think Epping were > relegated from PL to SL. If memory serves me correctly, that was the same season that Beecroft folded? Rock - am I correct?

THE ROCK
wrote on 12-Aug-19 11:00

Just to clear it up. Hawks are going no where. As for the wombat squad, once we were relegated from PL to SL, they stayed another year and dropped to AA. From memory, Normo went up that year and Beecroft went down, then the following year Kenthurst left the GHFA and Hawks and Glenhaven were promoted. The following year WRR came up.

TG
wrote on 12-Aug-19 12:05

Sucks when they don’t tell the head coach..

Farmer Palmer
wrote on 13-Aug-19 11:03

TG Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sucks when they don’t tell the head coach.. TG spreading bullshit once again

GHFA.
wrote on 13-Aug-19 14:06

Word coming out of the bush is that your committee is split 50/50 on the move.A change at the top of your tree will tip this over.

Dick Cranium
wrote on 13-Aug-19 15:02

Once you go & if you don't like it - can you come back the following year?...

THE ROCK
wrote on 13-Aug-19 15:06

hmmm sounds like a whole bunch of hot wind if you ask me....

TG
wrote on 14-Aug-19 09:00

So Rock are saying it’s climate change now...

reborn
wrote on 14-Aug-19 11:05

TG, you come alive after north epping survive relegation...?

Batts*
wrote on 14-Aug-19 12:06

His reborn

Farmer Palmer
wrote on 14-Aug-19 14:00

The table would show they weren't far from the worst. At the end of the day its results that matters. NER against the other 3 teams in the bottom 4 - Played 6, Won 0, Drew 3, Lost 3, GF 5, GA 12 Not exactly fantastic form.

TG
wrote on 14-Aug-19 14:01

Yep sure have I’ve watched a lot of football this year and I’m glad they survived.if they could’ve turned those draws into wins it would have been interesting.

TG
wrote on 14-Aug-19 14:03

Yes that true but do you think the rangers were the worst team you played.

Farmer Palmer
wrote on 14-Aug-19 14:05

Or if some of those draws were losses they would be down in SL.

THE ROCK
wrote on 14-Aug-19 15:08

North epping are defn not the worst we played. But every week is different so who knows other teams thoughts.

Farme Palmer
wrote on 14-Aug-19 16:06

THE ROCK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > North epping are defn not the worst we played. > > But every week is different so who knows other > teams thoughts. Who was the worst you played Rock? Asking for a friend...

Facts
wrote on 14-Aug-19 17:03

Compare that to the form against the midtable teams - Hawks/Normo/Pen/Tigers 4 Wins, 2 Draws 2 Losses For 16 against 15

THE ROCK
wrote on 15-Aug-19 13:09

thats actually a hard question to answer as many teams rely on 1-2 players and when they are out the standard drops dramatically. So it really depends on who was available the weekends we played them.

Farmer Palmer
wrote on 15-Aug-19 14:05

Hey Rock, do you think NERds were better this year than last? Just curious (I will move on after this one I promise).

Hills man
wrote on 15-Aug-19 15:09

They seemed different without their workhorse midfielder from last season and the defender with the dark hair

Hillbilly
wrote on 16-Aug-19 16:02

I noticed KENHURST doesn't have any Over35 mens ..or Over 45mens team in the Hills District FA. So, where did all the old fellas go? Horse riding?

Juice
wrote on 18-Aug-19 17:06

Hillbilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I noticed KENHURST doesn't have any Over35 mens > ..or Over 45mens team in the Hills District FA. > > So, where did all the old fellas go? > > Horse riding? Most are still playing. I might add they also won 1st grade by 3 games in a 21 game comp. Ressies finished 2nd but both sides qualified for the GF in 2 weeks. Some of the other old fellas retired or picked up a whistle ;)

Ok then
wrote on 18-Aug-19 20:06

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hillbilly Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I noticed KENHURST doesn't have any Over35 mens > > ..or Over 45mens team in the Hills District FA. > > > > So, where did all the old fellas go? > > > > Horse riding? > > > Most are still playing. I might add they also won > 1st grade by 3 games in a 21 game comp. Ressies > finished 2nd but both sides qualified for the GF > in 2 weeks. > Some of the other old fellas retired or picked up > a whistle ;) So basically saying the hills comp is weak af

Mike Dean
wrote on 19-Aug-19 10:07

>>>Some of the other old fellas retired or picked up a whistl so, there must be many more old refs at the Hills since KEN don't even have one single old buggers team.

Juice Fan
wrote on 19-Aug-19 14:03

Ok then Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Juice Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Hillbilly Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I noticed KENHURST doesn't have any Over35 > mens > > > ..or Over 45mens team in the Hills District > FA. > > > > > > So, where did all the old fellas go? > > > > > > Horse riding? > > > > > > Most are still playing. I might add they also > won > > 1st grade by 3 games in a 21 game comp. Ressies > > finished 2nd but both sides qualified for the > GF > > in 2 weeks. > > Some of the other old fellas retired or picked > up > > a whistle ;) > > So basically saying the hills comp is weak af Hills comp is poo, Kenthurst in their current guise would be a top 4 side here at best but have absolutely walked the hills PL. Says it all really.

The Hills have eyes
wrote on 19-Aug-19 16:05

The bottom 3 had a combined GD of -120. One of the things the Hills Comp shits over GHFA is promotion & advertising of the PL competition. Would love for GHFA (or whatever they will be called from 2020) to take on a few of these concepts.

5 star hawks
wrote on 19-Aug-19 16:07

The hawkies should be able to win the hills comp then.

Lefty
wrote on 19-Aug-19 16:09

The Hills have eyes Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The bottom 3 had a combined GD of -120. > > One of the things the Hills Comp shits over GHFA > is promotion & advertising of the PL competition. > Would love for GHFA (or whatever they will be > called from 2020) to take on a few of these > concepts. They don’t care mate. All they care about is SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT

Hillbilly
wrote on 19-Aug-19 17:02

Lefty Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The Hills have eyes Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The bottom 3 had a combined GD of -120. > > > > One of the things the Hills Comp shits over > GHFA > > is promotion & advertising of the PL > competition. > > Would love for GHFA (or whatever they will be > > called from 2020) to take on a few of these > > concepts. > > They don’t care mate. > All they care about is SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT > SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT > SPIRIT ah well.. spirit still at NPL2 after all the $upport

Hillbilly
wrote on 19-Aug-19 17:02

Lefty Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The Hills have eyes Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The bottom 3 had a combined GD of -120. > > > > One of the things the Hills Comp shits over > GHFA > > is promotion & advertising of the PL > competition. > > Would love for GHFA (or whatever they will be > > called from 2020) to take on a few of these > > concepts. > > They don’t care mate. > All they care about is SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT > SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT SPIRIT > SPIRIT ah well.. spirit still at NPL2 after all the $upport

Hills member
wrote on 19-Aug-19 20:06

As a player in the hills comp, Kenthurst arnt actually that dominant with how they play. The main difference is how scared and intimidated the officials get when kenthurst play and get so vocal. They're still the team everyone hates nothing has changed at all. If the officiating was stronger it would be a completely different story.

Goodluck
wrote on 19-Aug-19 23:00

Hills member Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As a player in the hills comp, Kenthurst arnt > actually that dominant with how they play. The > main difference is how scared and intimidated the > officials get when kenthurst play and get so > vocal. > > They're still the team everyone hates nothing has > changed at all. > > If the officiating was stronger it would be a > completely different story. Average football based on intimidation of the officials? Sounds like nothing has changed at KEN. Well they’re you’re problem now!

Juice
wrote on 20-Aug-19 09:00

Hills member Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As a player in the hills comp, Kenthurst arnt > actually that dominant with how they play. The > main difference is how scared and intimidated the > officials get when kenthurst play and get so > vocal. > > They're still the team everyone hates nothing has > changed at all. > > If the officiating was stronger it would be a > completely different story. Officiating was stronger... lol ???? Hills isn’t as strong as GHFA agreed - the bottom teams are a way of the pace of the top ones. But the standard of GHFA PL isn’t what it use to be either. I’ll base that on 23 years playing in it, not for any other reason. Either way both WPH and KEN won their comps respectably and that’s still an accomplishment.

THE ROCK
wrote on 21-Aug-19 11:03

So Juice, do you think that WPH would beat the KEN team of a few years back? ie the Nate Gray, Roods, Geekie era?(sorry and you :-)

THE ROCK
wrote on 21-Aug-19 12:01

15+ years at WPH and knowing the system inside out, i'm sure he is in the box seat. Considering the WPH first's key players are actually KEN juniors..... Also, Juice refs the comp now, so he would see all the whinging that most carry on with compared to when roods used to ref the comp by himself. haha

Unbiased
wrote on 21-Aug-19 12:08

THE ROCK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So Juice, do you think that WPH would beat the KEN > team of a few years back? > > ie the Nate Gray, Roods, Geekie era?(sorry and you > :-) You honestly expect the biggest KEN fanboy to give an unbiased answer to that question? And yea Juice we all know you played for WPH for yeeeears blah blah, keep using that excuse to prove you’re impartial.

TG
wrote on 21-Aug-19 12:09

Common Rock we beat them 3 zip in the semi and knock the out. I think jake pullan scored all 3.

Juice
wrote on 21-Aug-19 13:02

Roods is in the same vein as Kurt Morrison (for those that don't know him, he was the maestro at PEN a few years back that was a very good chatter with the ref). Nothing wrong with it, and quite smart when you think about it. No different to players yelling out for their ball when it’s obvious it’s not for outs, corners, offsides etc As for your question rock, it would depend on the KEN side. If it were the side that also included Tai Smith and Dave Lowery in goals, that made the final of CoC that year, no I don’t think the WPH side would beat them. But following KEN sides, definitely be close. I think WPH would knock over the KEN side that finished the GHFA. WPH have been together for a few seasons now, and that was all that was needed. Always massive potential, that needed time to gel, time to grow (experience). I haven’t seen enough of KEN this year to compare, but WPH this season, proved that maintain their consistency and hunger will do very well in CoC. Wouldn’t it be tasty for them to meet KEN at some stage in that comp? Let’s hope the draw is favourable.

Juice
wrote on 21-Aug-19 13:05

Oh, and the current WPH 1st grade is the strongest I’ve seen in all my years at WPH which includes the 04 premiers. Better balance all round.

THE ROCK
wrote on 21-Aug-19 14:03

TG Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Common Rock we beat them 3 zip in the semi and > knock the out. I think jake pullan scored all 3. That wasn't the same team that Juice was referring to was it TG?

Juice
wrote on 21-Aug-19 15:04

No, that was 2 seasons after the side I’m talking about. That was the season Jason Culina played the odd game for not much value lol.

kenthurst
wrote on 21-Aug-19 17:05

kenthursts biggest strength was always depth a fair few of the teams could match it with kenthurst over their dominant years but lacked the high quality on the bench and in reserves to keep up almost every time I played kenthurst they won the game in the second half as the people they brought on from the bench were easily good enough to be starters in the team. So it didn't matter if they had a player get tired or injured as they had someone just as capable to come on and replace them. teams like PHD, EEW, and STA (and even PEN and RAV at the start of the ken dominance) could match it with kenthurst but couldn't last the full 90 minutes against them in the year juice is talking about when tai was up front. kenthurst were down 3 nil at half time in a game against ravens and then came back and won 4-3. even scored the winner when down to 10 men

Fireman sam
wrote on 21-Aug-19 18:02

Is that the game ravens set fire in the car park.

sloppyjalop
wrote on 26-Aug-19 12:03

As mentioned GHFA could learn a few things from the hills comp in terms of the premier league. No promoting of the top tier league at all which is a shame. Hills run plenty of social media things for theirs with reviews and information regularly. GHFA with barely anything. Promote the league, get people watching the games and make it more interesting for everyone involved.

Beecroft Barry
wrote on 26-Aug-19 16:00

Beecroft back in their PL days had the long ball system perfected to a tee no depth required all tactic and mastermind coaching

HillsReff
wrote on 26-Aug-19 21:01

At this rate there will be no reffs left to deal with the crap for $67 and once each club has to "provide two reffs each or can't participate" the comp will be useless and my guess is players will come to the hills district or quit...

Juice
wrote on 27-Aug-19 14:05

I live in the hills but there’s reason why I stay in GHFA. For now GHFA is a better comp from top to bottom. Hills does have an awesome media process though, in promoting both the game and the PL - https://www.facebook.com/hillsfootballpremierleague/ The grounds aren’t too bad rock. Not as many synthetics granted, but the pitches on par with GHFA PLs that aren’t synthetic.

THE ROCK
wrote on 27-Aug-19 14:06

I don't see what the attraction to the hills comp is all about. GHFA is a far better run comp, with history and runs on the board. Hills comp in PL have 21 games( WTF) with each team playing each other 3 times. Sorry but that sounds stupid. Home / Away & hang on, lets throw in one for good luck. I would say the refs would be at a similar level and I'm not sure how many good pitches they have outside of Burney Murlane.

Hillbilly
wrote on 27-Aug-19 17:02

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I live in the hills but there’s reason why I > stay in GHFA. For now GHFA is a better comp from > top to bottom. Hills does have an awesome media > process though, in promoting both the game and the > PL - > https://www.facebook.com/hillsfootballpremierleagu > e/ > > The grounds aren’t too bad rock. Not as many > synthetics granted, but the pitches on par with > GHFA PLs that aren’t synthetic. Anyone can throw together a few Facebook pages.. so called 'promotion & marketing'. Let's face it - how big a crowd can you get? Even in a top notch NPL1 match between say - Blacktown & Woll. Wolves you'll be lucky to get a 1000. In a NPL2 GF match you will stretching 500-800 spectators - mostly friends, relatives & a couple of reporters. I wonder where they get their moolah to pay top players 50-100K and Football TDs earning 150K/yr at least

Juice
wrote on 27-Aug-19 18:00

Hillbilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Juice Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I live in the hills but there’s reason why I > > stay in GHFA. For now GHFA is a better comp > from > > top to bottom. Hills does have an awesome media > > process though, in promoting both the game and > the > > PL - > > > https://www.facebook.com/hillsfootballpremierleagu > > > e/ > > > > The grounds aren’t too bad rock. Not as many > > synthetics granted, but the pitches on par with > > GHFA PLs that aren’t synthetic. > > > Anyone can throw together a few Facebook pages.. > so called 'promotion & marketing'. > > Let's face it - how big a crowd can you get? > > Even in a top notch NPL1 match between say - > Blacktown & Woll. Wolves you'll be lucky to get a > 1000. > > In a NPL2 GF match you will stretching 500-800 > spectators - mostly friends, relatives & a couple > of reporters. > > I wonder where they get their moolah to pay top > players 50-100K and Football TDs earning 150K/yr > at least Whatever your take on it - seemingly negative - it’s still something. I watched a KEN midweek cup game v an AA way to low to know, and Hills FA had a FFA intern there taking pictures, getting names of scorers etc. It was great to see. So what if it doesn’t translate to people at games, it’s park football, just as NPL1 really is as well. Point is it’s something to promote grass roots football, improve sponsorship etc. There’s just no keeping everyone happy is there I guess. #silverliningshilbilly

Nah
wrote on 27-Aug-19 19:04

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hillbilly Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Juice Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I live in the hills but there’s reason why > I > > > stay in GHFA. For now GHFA is a better comp > > from > > > top to bottom. Hills does have an awesome > media > > > process though, in promoting both the game > and > > the > > > PL - > > > > > > https://www.facebook.com/hillsfootballpremierleagu > > > > > > e/ > > > > > > The grounds aren’t too bad rock. Not as > many > > > synthetics granted, but the pitches on par > with > > > GHFA PLs that aren’t synthetic. > > > > > > Anyone can throw together a few Facebook > pages.. > > so called 'promotion & marketing'. > > > > Let's face it - how big a crowd can you get? > > > > Even in a top notch NPL1 match between say - > > Blacktown & Woll. Wolves you'll be lucky to get > a > > 1000. > > > > In a NPL2 GF match you will stretching 500-800 > > spectators - mostly friends, relatives & a > couple > > of reporters. > > > > I wonder where they get their moolah to pay top > > players 50-100K and Football TDs earning > 150K/yr > > at least > > > Whatever your take on it - seemingly negative - > it’s still something. I watched a KEN midweek > cup game v an AA way to low to know, and Hills FA > had a FFA intern there taking pictures, getting > names of scorers etc. It was great to see. So what > if it doesn’t translate to people at games, > it’s park football, just as NPL1 really is as > well. Point is it’s something to promote grass > roots football, improve sponsorship etc. There’s > just no keeping everyone happy is there I guess. > #silverliningshilbilly NPL1 is park football? You’re way off. I know guys in that division on $4k per week. Hardly park football

Juice
wrote on 27-Aug-19 21:06

Can you make a living off it? No... but I’ll admit, it’s nice pocket money. Still park football for all intensive purposes. Just played on nicer parks ????

Fiver$
wrote on 27-Aug-19 22:02

::but I’ll admit, it’s nice pocket money.:: Nice pockey money is $200 per match.. 4K is serious moolah

Nah
wrote on 27-Aug-19 22:05

Fiver$ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ::but I’ll admit, it’s nice pocket money.:: > > Nice pockey money is $200 per match.. > > 4K is serious moolah Spot on

Nah
wrote on 27-Aug-19 22:06

Are you for real? You couldn’t make a living off getting that sort of money? It’s semi-professional football. BTW the saying is “for all intents and purposes”

Nah
wrote on 27-Aug-19 22:06

I also know an NPL2 player for Spirit who was on $1500 last season. Crazy money

Fiver$
wrote on 27-Aug-19 22:08

Nah Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > NPL1 is park football? You’re way off. I know > guys in that division on $4k per week. Hardly park > football I know an average guy in NPL2 getting $700 a game.. but i am not surprised if a gun player in NPL1 can get 3 or 4K

dont know wtf
wrote on 28-Aug-19 08:01

its also tax free as its counted as a hobby $4k a week tax free is easily live offable that's way more than the average wage

Mike Dean
wrote on 28-Aug-19 11:06

dont know wtf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > its also tax free as its counted as a hobby > $4k a week tax free is easily live offable > that's way more than the average wage an ex-socceroo now at Ma Kornie used to be on >2k-3k a match at NPL1

THE ROCK
wrote on 28-Aug-19 11:08

Back in the day francis awarteepee was on like $1200/game in the wollongong PL and thats going back 10 years.

Isaac Heeney
wrote on 28-Aug-19 14:03

Room for Improvement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you think GHFA or the Hills do a good job > promoting / have a professional setup do > yourselves a favour and check out the central > coast men's premier league. > http://ccfootball.com.au/battlewin-premier-league/ full Fledge 12 Team comp..2 teams promoted/relegated BIG Prize Money that's enough to make you salivate and it is the central coast..

Room for Improvement
wrote on 28-Aug-19 14:05

If you think GHFA or the Hills do a good job promoting / have a professional setup do yourselves a favour and check out the central coast men's premier league. http://ccfootball.com.au/battlewin-premier-league/

TG
wrote on 28-Aug-19 15:05

Maybe one day we’ll run a 12 team comp and 2 teams promotion and relegation .

mike Dean
wrote on 28-Aug-19 16:05

TG Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Maybe one day we’ll run a 12 team comp and 2 > teams promotion and relegation . From Hills down to the River.. (Glade) There's not enough talent or teams or players to form a competitive PL comp? I bet if you whack in $X0,000 prize money they'll come thick & fast The largest association in NSW did you say?

Hillbilly
wrote on 28-Aug-19 16:07

Not very livable Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dont know wtf Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > its also tax free as its counted as a hobby > > $4k a week tax free is easily live offable > > that's way more than the average wage > > > I doubt they would get 4k a week for 52 weeks ? > and then after your playing days are over, then > what? Uh huh ..how bout studying Uni. part-time while playing..? How 'bout learning a trade? This is park football where a few hundred come to watch on a good day - not Pro Football. Getting 4K for 25 weekends in still pretty good coin while studying or working part-time. If you want life guarantees - try US, Europe or China Pro Leagues.

Not very livable
wrote on 28-Aug-19 16:07

dont know wtf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > its also tax free as its counted as a hobby > $4k a week tax free is easily live offable > that's way more than the average wage I doubt they would get 4k a week for 52 weeks ? and then after your playing days are over, then what?

Hillbilly
wrote on 28-Aug-19 16:09

OLD NEWS BUT STILL APPLY/VALID - obviously the fees have gone up now The good 'Ol Osmo$i$ is all from the roots up to the Plant - LOL. https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/nsw-youth-football-registration-fees-prompt-questions-about-club-funding-models-20161103-gsh8pd.html

proposition
wrote on 28-Aug-19 18:01

With all the talk of other leagues with Hills and Central Coast, and the likelihood of GHFA not changing much anytime soon, I have a proposition. Would people be interested in creating some kind social media page similar to the one the Hills prem have on Facebook? Scores, info, pics, vids whatever. all things GHFA prem? Would be happy to do it myself, would spread the word a bit, hopefully get a few more people to the games, and hype the league up a bit. a bit of fun just an idea.

Yep
wrote on 28-Aug-19 18:06

Isaac Heeney Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Room for Improvement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > If you think GHFA or the Hills do a good job > > promoting / have a professional setup do > > yourselves a favour and check out the central > > coast men's premier league. > > > http://ccfootball.com.au/battlewin-premier-league/ > > > > full Fledge 12 Team comp..2 teams > promoted/relegated > BIG Prize Money that's enough to make you > salivate > and it is the central coast.. Not just that but full match wrote ups, round summaries, up to date player rosters, golden boot, CLUB championships thst count all the way to 21’s. Not only these things but a super active association in regards to sponsorship, advertisement and promotion. Take notes GHFA. That is how you build hype, get attention and make $$$. Not by gouging juniors with rego fees.

hacked
wrote on 28-Aug-19 18:07

Error

proposition
wrote on 28-Aug-19 18:08

Tried to post this earlier but it didn't upload. With all the talk of other comps with hills and central cost, and the unlikeliness of GHFA changing any time soon, I have a proposition. Would people be interested in some kind of social media page for GHFA prem, similar to the Facebook one hills has for their prem? Pictures, game info, videos, any thing GHFA prem. I'd be happy to do it myself. it would spread the word a bit, hopefully get a few more people to games, and hype the league up a bit. a bit of fun. Just an idea.

Admin
wrote on 28-Aug-19 19:01

Actually, funny you mention this. We are in the middle of a rebuild of this forum now and want to engage keen people to help contribute on a regular basis. PM me if you are what we are looking for.

Mark Clattenbrg
wrote on 28-Aug-19 19:03

The new forum should be called "Lets blame the reffs" good idea? Otherwise there is no point in having a forum anyway, results go up pretty quick these days.

Grant Night
wrote on 28-Aug-19 21:06

proposition Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Tried to post this earlier but it didn't upload. > > With all the talk of other comps with hills and > central cost, and the unlikeliness of GHFA > changing any time soon, I have a proposition. > > Would people be interested in some kind of social > media page for GHFA prem, similar to the Facebook > one hills has for their prem? > > Pictures, game info, videos, any thing GHFA prem. > > I'd be happy to do it myself. it would spread the > word a bit, hopefully get a few more people to > games, and hype the league up a bit. a bit of > fun. > > Just an idea. Either GHFA will baulked -for image copyrights/rights Or they'll give you a few $$$ to buy a digital camera plus company car .. :-)

Imposter 3.0
wrote on 29-Aug-19 10:08

Mark Clattenbrg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The new forum should be called "Lets blame the > reffs" good idea? Otherwise there is no point in > having a forum anyway, results go up pretty quick > these days. You are not the real Mark. Will the real Mark step up please?

Reality Check
wrote on 29-Aug-19 12:02

Mark, the problem with that idea is that the referees association will block that immediately. They won't want their precious refs having their feelings hurt when they get exposed for the average refs that they are. I mean look at the comments on that youtube video you shared. Watch the forum erupt with chaos. The focus every video and every game is on the referee and not on the game overall. The reality is that the quality of football in local football in GHFA and abroad is getting worse. The quality of Premier League and Super League is dire. I mean St Andrews have come second with the same squad that won them trophies 6 years ago... They should be playing 35's soon, too old. The increased unnecessary rego fees haven't helped promote the game. People shouldn't have to pay more than $200 to play local football let alone over $300. The standard of refereeing is getting worse. Why would people play local football if they are going to miss 1/3 if not more of the season due to referees unable to handle the heat? GHFA can't promote the game because there's nothing to promote... Waste of discussion.

Mark Clattenberg
wrote on 29-Aug-19 12:08

proposition Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Tried to post this earlier but it didn't upload. > > With all the talk of other comps with hills and > central cost, and the unlikeliness of GHFA > changing any time soon, I have a proposition. > > Would people be interested in some kind of social > media page for GHFA prem, similar to the Facebook > one hills has for their prem? > > Pictures, game info, videos, any thing GHFA prem. > > I'd be happy to do it myself. it would spread the > word a bit, hopefully get a few more people to > games, and hype the league up a bit. a bit of > fun. > > Just an idea. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awLCgbbqZ5s&t=382s IST films games within a region of the USA. Filmed by the clubs for the purpose of promoting the local game within that region as well as USA football in general. Catchy engaging titles that draw people in. Not just the Premier League games but also 21s and junior football finals. Decent quality videos with someone taking the time to edit for slow-mo/highlights that will draw people to watch em. Surely the clubs or GHFA could cash in a decent amount for someone to film the first grade games for example and post them up with the main highlights? The only club I know that films their games is Epping Eastwood and the videos that I've seen, are good quality in picture and sound (captured within the crowd so atmosphere is pumped up more than usual)... Its worth thinking about anyway. The lineups idea and match reports are great ideas. Its just finding the people to do such things.

Juice
wrote on 29-Aug-19 13:06

Reality Check Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mark, the problem with that idea is that the > referees association will block that immediately. > They won't want their precious refs having their > feelings hurt when they get exposed for the > average refs that they are. I mean look at the > comments on that youtube video you shared. Watch > the forum erupt with chaos. The focus every video > and every game is on the referee and not on the > game overall. > > The reality is that the quality of football in > local football in GHFA and abroad is getting > worse. The quality of Premier League and Super > League is dire. I mean St Andrews have come second > with the same squad that won them trophies 6 years > ago... They should be playing 35's soon, too old. > The increased unnecessary rego fees haven't helped > promote the game. People shouldn't have to pay > more than $200 to play local football let alone > over $300. The standard of refereeing is getting > worse. Why would people play local football if > they are going to miss 1/3 if not more of the > season due to referees unable to handle the heat? > > GHFA can't promote the game because there's > nothing to promote... Waste of discussion. What are you basing your assessment on the quality of football declining on? In all my years of playing GHFA PL, the teams that performed consistently with success were invariably ‘older’ squads. WPH this year has been an exception - they are quite young as a squad in comparison to other long term dominating squads. But in saying that, they came together at young age and it’s taken a few years for them to get to where they are today. Obviously it’s yet to be determined if they will consistently dominate, but the standard has been pretty consistent over the last few years. Losing KEN and PHD did weaken the overall comp, but GHFA still puts in a decent level for park football PL. I’d certainly not classify it as dire... that’s my 22 years playing and now 4 years refereeing worth of experience opinion anyway. But you’re entitled to your opinion. FNSW and insurance make rego fees high. Add in some clubs purchase new strips regularly across seasons that don’t necessarily get subsidised with sponsorship and yes it does become expensive. KEN got a new strip almost every season, but then again, the squad was very proactive in obtaining sponsorship off its own efforts to secure, not the club. As for the refereeing standard - oh that old chestnut. I’d play a season for free if I had a dollar for every time I heard that every season I played. I assume you will be at a ref course early next year to take up the whistle then? I did it for that reason, how about yourself? It’s not excusing anything of course and I’m sure most if not all refs reflect on their performances and learn from them. They, we, make mistakes, just as players do in a game - of course we make far less mistakes than players (yes I get our mistakes can affect a game but so too does missing a sitter in front of goal). See you at ref course next year yeah? ;)

THE ROCK
wrote on 29-Aug-19 23:04

Juice, you crack me up.....But on a serious note, i thought you didn't have to pay for rego at kenthurst... hahah

Beecroft Barry
wrote on 30-Aug-19 13:04

Hillbilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Juice Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I live in the hills but there’s reason why I > > stay in GHFA. For now GHFA is a better comp > from > > top to bottom. Hills does have an awesome media > > process though, in promoting both the game and > the > > PL - > > > https://www.facebook.com/hillsfootballpremierleagu > > > e/ > > > > The grounds aren’t too bad rock. Not as many > > synthetics granted, but the pitches on par with > > GHFA PLs that aren’t synthetic. > > > Anyone can throw together a few Facebook pages.. > so called 'promotion & marketing'. > > Let's face it - how big a crowd can you get? > > Even in a top notch NPL1 match between say - > Blacktown & Woll. Wolves you'll be lucky to get a > 1000. > > In a NPL2 GF match you will stretching 500-800 > spectators - mostly friends, relatives & a couple > of reporters. > > I wonder where they get their moolah to pay top > players 50-100K and Football TDs earning 150K/yr > at least Juniors mate

THE ROCK
wrote on 31-Aug-19 11:01

Juniors have always funded seniors. Not sure it’s right, but it’s the way it’s been. We should try and be a bit like the English lower leagues.... but I guess that’s gonna take time and money!

Really
wrote on 01-Sep-19 09:04

Do you really think $300 is expensive for a season that you get to play 20 - 25 games across the GHFA season, GHFA Cup, FFA Cup, Trial games and get to train for 7-8 months a year that your Club hires the ground for and it includes insurance?? How much would you spend on just one big night out in town? What would an 8 month gym membership be? I think $300 is very good value for money. The majority of injuries are unfortunate accidents from two people kicking the ball at the same time or changing direction quickly and pop there goes a knee or ankle. The majority of "bad" tackles come out of the blue from a brain fart from a player without warning. The number of strong tackles per game is 10% of what it was 25 years ago due to all the rule changes which is a good thing.

Really
wrote on 01-Sep-19 10:04

Mike, For some old fat slobs, $380 is a day at the races.

Mike Dean
wrote on 01-Sep-19 10:07

Really Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Do you really think $300 is expensive for a season > that you get to play 20 - 25 games across the GHFA > season, GHFA Cup, FFA Cup, Trial games and get to > train for 7-8 months a year that your Club hires > the ground for and it includes insurance?? > > How much would you spend on just one big night out > in town? What would an 8 month gym membership be? > I think $300 is very good value for money. > > The majority of injuries are unfortunate accidents > from two people kicking the ball at the same time > or changing direction quickly and pop there goes a > knee or ankle. The majority of "bad" tackles come > out of the blue from a brain fart from a player > without warning. The number of strong tackles per > game is 10% of what it was 25 years ago due to all > the rule changes which is a good thing. 17 games for most fat slobs.. and $380 next yr = $400 surely

Mike Dean
wrote on 01-Sep-19 13:04

Really Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mike, > > For some old fat slobs, $380 is a day at the > races. next yr's fees will be a revelation... now that merger has gone thru

close but no cigar
wrote on 02-Sep-19 10:04

THE ROCK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Juice, you crack me up.....But on a serious note, > i thought you didn't have to pay for rego at > kenthurst... hahah only the good players got free rego

Author:
Subject: