GHFA Super Cup

Views: 597 Posts: 11
Idea's Man
wrote on 01-Aug-19 10:04

There should be a GHFA Super Cup at the beginning of next year. Premiers of PL vs Premiers of SL just before the season starts - That way Saints United will know how badly they are going to get smashed throughout the year. What do we think?

Ralph Macchio
wrote on 01-Aug-19 12:04

I would prefer to see the PL GF winners from GHFA (or whatever we will be called next year) play the GF winners from the Hills comp in a charity shield (or each assoc premiers playing) just before the season kicks off. Each assoc puts in an amount (i.e. $500 each), with the winning team donates the full amount to their preferred charity. What do we think?

Mmmbappe
wrote on 01-Aug-19 13:04

I would prefer to see the GHFA premiers play PSG to see what the standard is like

Juice
wrote on 01-Aug-19 22:09

Waaaaaaaaay back in the day, I’m thinking 2001/2-ish there was an association PL mini comp. Only lasted 2 years I believe. Associations chose selected players from their PL comps. I remember seeing Manly Assoc beat GHFA in the final 3-1 I think, as a curtain raiser game before a Northern Spirit NSL game at North Sydney Oval. A select GHFA PL side also played Northern Spirit 1st grade in a trial match. Spirit got up 4-0 but it was great for the PL lads and the large spectators at Christie that night. I wish the PL association thing still happened though.

TG
wrote on 02-Aug-19 09:02

Juice,I remember that night were you in goals that night? I tried to get this going again with GHFA but it came to zero maybe getting your clubs to push for it might help.another problem being when do you play this game start,middle or end of the season.

Idea's Man
wrote on 02-Aug-19 09:03

Something like that would be great Juice, i guess it's just hard to have someone pick a team if there isn't someone watching each game and not bias

THE ROCK
wrote on 02-Aug-19 09:04

I think the winner of the Hills PL v winner of the GHFA PL would be a good thing to start. Would have no idea how to make it happen though. Also, I think 2 up/2 down in PL/SL would be a good thing if teams were to play off, ie 9PL v 2SL(home and away) and 10PL v 1SL(home and away)

Joel
wrote on 02-Aug-19 11:05

That's correct Juice, think it was 2000. I was in the GHFA team, who picked quite a youthful team, leaving out the likes of Kurt and yourself etc. The Seale brothers, Matty Roberts, Mr Corringham from EEW, Wal from St Andrews etc. We beat Central Coast but were then touched up by a much more experienced Manly side at North Sydney Oval.

Orange
wrote on 02-Aug-19 15:09

Rangers winger Scotty Tarrant turned their right back inside out that night.

Juice
wrote on 03-Aug-19 17:07

Orange Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Rangers winger Scotty Tarrant turned their right > back inside out that night. Lol I still have nightmares in goals seeing Scotty take the ball at half way and rip our poor right back a new one before slotting numerous a goal lol

Joel Hardaker
wrote on 05-Aug-19 14:07

He was bloody quick!

Author:
Subject: