Last 5 question

Views: 185 Posts: 7
Ted
wrote on 22-Jul-19 10:03

So the rule is that if a player plays 3 of the last 5 games in Firsts then they can’t play in Ressies. My question is this: Is this policed by GHFA? Like do they go through it all and check? I highly doubt they would be on top of this. Or does it not let you select the player on icompman when doing the teamsheet? Cheers

TG
wrote on 22-Jul-19 11:09

They do check. The keeper is excempt

Hi-5
wrote on 22-Jul-19 12:01

Yes GHFA do police it. If you are listed on the 1st grade team sheet you are considered as played unless you are an unused substitute, then you need to be removed from the team sheet after fulltime. Reserve Grade teams have been hit with forfeits due to playing "ineligible players" in reserve grade games. The rule years ago used to be if you played a full game of ressies and then played 1st's it wouldn't count but I believe that was scrapped when ressies went from substitutions to interchange. I personally don't like the current rule, but agree there needs to be something to stop team stacking ressies towards the end of the season. Anyone have a better system???

Hi-5
wrote on 22-Jul-19 12:02

TG Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > They do check. > The keeper is excempt Correct, but I believe they have to play as a keeper in reserve grade

THE ROCK
wrote on 22-Jul-19 12:08

Thats not correct, but we have had a instance in the past where if you play a field player in goals in first grade, ghfa sometimes don't recognise it in this final 5 games.

TG
wrote on 22-Jul-19 13:02

Did you list that player as GK or a number?

Hi_5
wrote on 22-Jul-19 13:07

THE ROCK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thats not correct, but we have had a instance in > the past where if you play a field player in goals > in first grade, ghfa sometimes don't recognise it > in this final 5 games. If this was the case Rock it just highlights how flawed the rule is. My team got stung a number of years ago and received a reserve grade forfeit in the 2nd last game of the season for playing an ineligible player, luckily it didn’t impact either teams overall position. When we contacted GHFA for a list of players who were eligible for the last reserve grade game of the season we were told that this is something clubs need to keep a track of and it wasn’t their job. So wouldn’t help clear up eligibility but happy to give teams forfeits basically.

Author:
Subject: