The Run Home

Views: 3750 Posts: 49
THE ROCK
wrote on 15-Jul-19 16:02

With top 4 and relegation up in the air, i thought it would be interesting to see what the run home is like.....

Let me tell you, it's sooooo open.

1.WPH== NOR,EEW,WRR,NER
2.STA== PEN,EFC,HWK,EEW
3.EEW== NER,WPH,NOR,STA
4.PEN== STA,RAV,NER,HWK
5.NOR== WPH,HWK,EEW,RAV
6.HWK== EFC,NOR,STA,PEN
7.NER== EEW,WRR,PEN,WPH
8.RAV== WRR,PEN,EFC,NOR
9.EFC== HWK,STA,RAV,WRR
10.WRR== RAV,NER,WPH,EFC

TG
wrote on 15-Jul-19 16:07

Out of the bottom 4 I think the rangers have the hardest run home.

Spoon
wrote on 15-Jul-19 19:06

Out of the bottom 4, West Ryde has the "easiest" run home. Looks like the last game v EFC could be the decider. WR the only team to beat WPH so far this season as well! Can they do the double?

crazy season
wrote on 16-Jul-19 08:08

just adding in the current points and goal difference a very very tight season crazy to think that a team is going to get relegated with more than 10 points when was the last time that happened 1.WPH == NOR,EEW,WRR,NER 35 24 2.STA == PEN,EFC,HWK,EEW 27 5 3.EEW == NER,WPH,NOR,STA 21 0 4.PEN == STA,RAV,NER,HWK 20 7 5.NOR == WPH,HWK,EEW,RAV 17 0 6.HWK == EFC,NOR,STA,PEN 17 -3 7.NER == EEW,WRR,PEN,WPH 16 -6 8.RAV == WRR,PEN,EFC,NOR 15 -9 9.EFC == HWK,STA,RAV,WRR 14 -10 10.WRR == RAV,NER,WPH,EFC 12 -8

THE ROCK
wrote on 16-Jul-19 12:06

There is no way to pick the top 4 or the bottom one. Pretty sure WPH have the top spot, but anything else is up for grabs.

safe
wrote on 17-Jul-19 13:07

sta id say are pretty safe to make the 4 as well only need 1 win from their last 4 to be guaranteed don't know whats going on with rovers beaten the top 2 teams but sitting last

King of defence
wrote on 18-Jul-19 08:00

Rovers are such a good team. They defend from the first minute of the game.

captain obvious
wrote on 18-Jul-19 10:07

King of defence Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Rovers are such a good team. > > They defend from the first minute of the game. doesn't every team defend from the first minute of the game?????

Crazy
wrote on 21-Jul-19 11:00

Now there are only 3 points separating 5th to 10th in First Grade! In ressies there are 4 points separating 2nd to 8th place. Comp has never been so close with the exception of the team leading the comp. Last time Normo won the comp didn't they get relegated the following year?? Surely it couldn't happen again....or could it?

Normo insider
wrote on 22-Jul-19 08:07

Crazy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Now there are only 3 points separating 5th to 10th > in First Grade! > > In ressies there are 4 points separating 2nd to > 8th place. > > Comp has never been so close with the exception of > the team leading the comp. > > Last time Normo won the comp didn't they get > relegated the following year?? Surely it couldn't > happen again....or could it? We are aware of this ... we are up for the challenge

Normo insider
wrote on 22-Jul-19 08:07

Crazy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Now there are only 3 points separating 5th to 10th > in First Grade! > > In ressies there are 4 points separating 2nd to > 8th place. > > Comp has never been so close with the exception of > the team leading the comp. > > Last time Normo won the comp didn't they get > relegated the following year?? Surely it couldn't > happen again....or could it? We are aware of this ... we are up for the challenge

Dick Cranium
wrote on 22-Jul-19 09:09

>>>> Now there are only 3 points separating 5th to 10th > in First Grade! > 3 points? are you trolling what are you smoking?

Richard
wrote on 22-Jul-19 10:02

Hawks 18 Ravens 15 18 - 15 = ??

Cheers
wrote on 22-Jul-19 10:09

Dick Cranium Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > >>>> Now there are only 3 points separating 5th to > 10th > > in First Grade! > > > > > 3 points? > > are you trolling what are you smoking? What you on about.. Hawks 5th on 18 points Raven 10th on 15 points Thats a 3 points difference

Motw
wrote on 28-Jul-19 10:07

Game of the round this week has to be Epping vs ravens The battle to stay up

Curious one
wrote on 28-Jul-19 15:05

Why are the rangers above ravens on the ladder if they have the same goal difference? Considering ravens beat North Epping 2-0 and drew the 2nd game, shouldn’t ravens be above?

Crazy Thinking or What
wrote on 28-Jul-19 15:06

Me think Rav v Epping will finish a draw rangers need to win or at least a draw to have a chance of staying up.

Messi
wrote on 28-Jul-19 17:05

More goals scored.

Truth
wrote on 28-Jul-19 21:08

Curious one Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why are the rangers above ravens on the ladder if > they have the same goal difference? Considering > ravens beat North Epping 2-0 and drew the 2nd > game, shouldn’t ravens be above? Because the ravens are shit

THE ROCK
wrote on 29-Jul-19 11:04

I can't believe how tight this comp is. Can any of the old boys chime in with tight relegation battles?

Clever
wrote on 29-Jul-19 12:05

I reckon North Epping will get relegated. Tougher opponents, will probably concede more goals....

Old timer
wrote on 29-Jul-19 15:01

In the last 20 years there has only been 5 clubs with continues PL presents:- Penno Tigers St Andrews West Penno Ravens There have been 14 other clubs in & Out of PL over the years Normo North Epping Kenthurst Pasific Hills EppingFC (Epping YMCA) Hawks Thornleigh West Ryde Glenhaven Roselea Redbacks Northen HFC Beecroft

TG
wrote on 29-Jul-19 15:08

I’m pretty sure Penno are the only squad never to be relegated .

couple more..
wrote on 29-Jul-19 16:00

Ravens were relegated in 2002 and won promotion back to PL in 2003

couple more
wrote on 29-Jul-19 16:07

Since 2000 you can also add Putney & North Ryde

MIA
wrote on 29-Jul-19 16:08

Old timer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In the last 20 years there has only been 5 clubs > with continues PL presents:- > Penno > Tigers > St Andrews > West Penno > Ravens > > There have been 14 other clubs in & Out of PL over > the years > Normo > North Epping > Kenthurst > Pasific Hills > EppingFC (Epping YMCA) > Hawks > Thornleigh > West Ryde > Glenhaven > Roselea > Redbacks > Northen HFC > Beecroft & Mac Uni

East
wrote on 29-Jul-19 16:09

Soon to be 15 teams in PL with Saints United being promoted. And Ravens may also lose their title of not having been relegate if the above statement is true. But no i can't remember a relegation battle much tighter than this. 5 teams within 2 points of each other is amazing. Especially with each team having more than 10 points, unbelievable!

Correct
wrote on 29-Jul-19 17:06

TG Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m pretty sure Penno are the only squad never > to be relegated . WPH promoted in 1989 EEW in 1997 and STA in 1998 RAV in 2003 Refer to league Honours tab above

Mike Dean
wrote on 29-Jul-19 20:03

couple more.. Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ravens were relegated in 2002 and won promotion > back to PL in 2003 ^ this

1st to worst
wrote on 30-Jul-19 00:03

Back in 09 Normo got relegated the year after the won the double. They won their last match only to have rangers win as well. Closest relegation battle I can recall of the last 15 years and I would guess around 15 points. Shout out to Nath Grey who jumped ship as soon as they were relegated.

TG
wrote on 30-Jul-19 06:07

Turner jumped as well.

Youi
wrote on 30-Jul-19 12:07

Can you blame anyone for jumping ship? Have you seen the quality of football played in Super League?!?

Another one
wrote on 30-Jul-19 13:02

I think it was 2014, Relegation battle between Normo and Redbacks going into last game equal on points Normo having a better goal difference Redbacks playing Hawks went up 2-0, normo lost to St Andrews, Hawks ended up winning 3-2. Normo survived in PL that year only just thanks to the Hawks

Quality
wrote on 30-Jul-19 16:04

The top 2-3 teams in Super League aren't too bad, everything below that though is horrible compared to PL. Everyone deserves their chance in PL if they are good enough to get promoted. Look at a few of the PL teams now that have been in SL before, everyone has good and bad years

L train hater
wrote on 30-Jul-19 20:08

Thats when that roided up piece of shit who called himself the L-train was still around

you sure
wrote on 31-Jul-19 07:07

L train hater Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thats when that roided up piece of shit who called > himself the L-train was still around i thought his name was juice?

old man crawling
wrote on 31-Jul-19 10:04

pretty sure batts jumped ship to Beecroft after he led them to the double double. DB what a character!

Juice
wrote on 31-Jul-19 11:07

you sure Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > L train hater Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Thats when that roided up piece of shit who > called > > himself the L-train was still around > > > i thought his name was juice? Definitely not the same bloke. I was with WPH and KEN. L-train was a RED.

KP2
wrote on 31-Jul-19 15:03

Confirmed, Juice was a bushboy, previously ….. well that's not important hahah The L Train was a guy who shot his mouth off for a few seasons before going on a diet.

Mike Dean
wrote on 31-Jul-19 16:09

old man crawling Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pretty sure batts jumped ship to Beecroft after he > led them to the double double. > > > DB what a character! WOT HAPPENED TO BATTS... BATTS USED TO BE THE MAINSTAY OF THESE FORUMS... EVERY OTHER THREAD/POST WAS ABOUT BATTS WHERE DID HE GO? IS HE STILL ALIVE & KICKING(BALL)

Mike Dean
wrote on 31-Jul-19 17:01

THE QUALITY OF THESE FORUMS ARE SH1T THESE DAYS.. NOT MUCH BANTER - NOT MUCH CONTENT - SAME AS THE QUALITY OF PL AS COMPARED TO 5-10 YEARS AGO... GHFA PL GOING DOWNHILL

DBatten
wrote on 31-Jul-19 17:07

Mike Dean Stop screaming, my old ears are hurting.... Just remember, no one will ever compare to the quality of D Batten

Lurking
wrote on 31-Jul-19 22:01

That’s definitely him. Only D Batten would refer to D Batten as D Batten.

Normo
wrote on 01-Aug-19 06:00

Definitely not batts. Batts*

Smoothie
wrote on 01-Aug-19 08:08

Must have been the bananas back then.

IQ
wrote on 03-Aug-19 21:00

The run home to sl Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bye bye ravens > You’re not gonna be missed Ravens are not relegated yet, my low IQ friend. Assuming WPH beats North Epping, and I can only assume by a fair bit, all the Ravens need is a draw. Hell, even WRR and Epping FC can still be relegated depending on the last round.

The run home to sl
wrote on 03-Aug-19 21:03

Bye bye ravens You’re not gonna be missed

One more game
wrote on 04-Aug-19 08:09

Ravens will need more than a win as NER have a better goal difference and more goals scored. NER can lose to WPH as long as Normo doesn’t lose.

Have fun in the super league peel
wrote on 04-Aug-19 09:00

IQ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The run home to sl Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Bye bye ravens > > You’re not gonna be missed > > > Ravens are not relegated yet, my low IQ friend. > Assuming WPH beats North Epping, and I can only > assume by a fair bit, all the Ravens need is a > draw. Hell, even WRR and Epping FC can still be > relegated depending on the last round. Youre the one with the low IQ if you think ravens are going to get anything other than a big fat L against normal when they've had the chance to beat both rovers and YMCA the last few weeks

Author:
Subject: