Relegation/Promotion

Views: 1504 Posts: 19
Onlooker
wrote on 01-Jul-19 11:01

Who do we think will be relegated, and who do we think will be promoted?

THE ROCK
wrote on 01-Jul-19 14:03

I think promotion is pretty much in the bag as Ryde Saints are a fair way ahead. As for relegation, it could be anyone out of Ravens, North Epping, West Ryde and even Ymca as they all play each other. My tip would be Ravens. Can't see them having enough cattle come the backend of the season.

The Man
wrote on 01-Jul-19 14:08

Ryde Saints look like they could put up a good fight in PL. Undefeated, the best attack and the best defence in SL. They still have 2 tough games before the season ends, it will be interesting to see their final results.

The Man
wrote on 01-Jul-19 15:00

That's another discussion I wish to start. Should promotion and relegation be based on overall performance for reserve grade and 1st grade (Like a club championship), or just base it off first grade like it is now?

TG
wrote on 01-Jul-19 15:02

But look at their ressies they will struggle.

Danny Green
wrote on 01-Jul-19 16:07

The Man Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That's another discussion I wish to start. Should > promotion and relegation be based on overall > performance for reserve grade and 1st grade (Like > a club championship), or just base it off first > grade like it is now? First Grade only, but you do need a solid Ressies. As it stands in SL if the 1st & Res points were combined: St Patricks FC - 54 Macquarie Dragons FC - 52 Ryde Saints United FC - 51 Epping FC - 49 Redbacks FC - 40 Thornleigh SC - 36 Putney Rangers FC - 36 Macquarie Uni SC - 33 Northern HFC - 15 So if it was not points weighted towards 1st grade, combined points would see Epping FC only 6 points off a promotion spot despite their 1st grade running 3rd last.

Iheart a Raven
wrote on 01-Jul-19 19:00

That's probably because the ginger and centre half have ate them all

Npl standard
wrote on 02-Jul-19 06:09

But you wouldn't just combine the points you'd have first grade points weighted more as they are more important So first grade worth 3 or 4 and ressies worth 1

The Man
wrote on 02-Jul-19 11:04

Along with that change, as I said in the SL forum, GHFA should also run a proper golden boot ladder on their website for SL and PL. They can run it based on the referee's report so it's accurate. SL and PL need more advertisement on their website, that way more people will be interested. It needs to change, they need to make a competitive spectacle out of the highest leagues in the association. something for younger kids to grow up in the area wanting to play in! It would also boost the competition and attract better players if there were basic stats and awards for players to play for. It's really not that hard to set up or run. Technology does the job for you these days, there shouldn't be an argument against it from the people in charge. It would improve the league by miles.

THE ROCK
wrote on 02-Jul-19 11:04

No way. First grade only. Reserve grade is totally different, different rules etc. If your going to bring reserve grade into it, make it non interchange which will stop the clubs using first graders in the first 20-30mins to get the game going which is what a few clubs do.

Matthews
wrote on 02-Jul-19 12:00

THE ROCK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- stop the clubs using > first graders in the first 20-30mins to get the > game going which is what a few clubs do. Who's doing this?

Dodgy
wrote on 04-Jul-19 13:03

Pretty sure sta and Normo are both doing this.

The northern kfc colonel
wrote on 04-Jul-19 19:08

For the love of popcon chicken, Please don’t ever make ressies have anything to do with promotion.. The colonel has spoken. #bowdowntothecolonel

DNA42
wrote on 05-Jul-19 00:08

How many wombats can you shove up a colonels ass????

Ned
wrote on 05-Jul-19 10:00

You know he used to play at the wombats.

The Man
wrote on 05-Jul-19 10:09

The northern kfc colonel seems to be scared to play with the big boys!

You're right again rock
wrote on 05-Jul-19 15:04

THE ROCK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No way. > > First grade only. Reserve grade is totally > different, different rules etc. > > If your going to bring reserve grade into it, make > it non interchange which will stop the clubs using > first graders in the first 20-30mins to get the > game going which is what a few clubs do. Yeah I heard that's what all the state league clubs are doing too to secure promotion and to avoid relegation You may as well not have a ladder for ressies. I mean who knows how many first graders have played in the ressies this year illegally

The Man
wrote on 08-Jul-19 08:05

Is it illegal though? Technically you are allowed to do that, it only impacts first grade really because those players will have minutes on their legs already

youre right again rock
wrote on 10-Jul-19 16:08

The Man Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is it illegal though? Technically you are allowed > to do that, it only impacts first grade really > because those players will have minutes on their > legs already I was being sarcastic as the rock thinks that if the ressies points went towards promotion and relegation every team would just play first graders in ressies to save themselves

Author:
Subject: