GHFA Premier League
Sponsors of the
Golden Boot &
Tipping Competition
Sponsors of the
Best Defence Award
Co-sponsor of the
Tipping Competition
Co-sponsor of the
Golden Boot
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: Dick Tracey ()
Date: June 21, 2019 03:08PM

Fine$$$ have been a big GDP component of both GHFA & NWSWFS .. so just raise 10% of that from pink socks and a few barbies - too easy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: TG ()
Date: June 23, 2019 11:31AM

Chris.I think that GHFA will be the principle partner in all of this.
Sorry I meant to say FBI so you and your club will still get a vote and all the meetings will be at Christie.I know I’m excited about this so get on board.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: Notsuchabigdeal? ()
Date: June 24, 2019 04:02PM

FBI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This attachment is the key issue.
>
> Ladies association has been levelling GST on items
> that don’t incur GST such as fines.
> The table of fines clearly shows GST to be added.
> Invoices sent to clubs shows the GST component.
> This has been going on for 19 years and when you
> consider how much a club pays in fines each year,
> then multiply that by the number of clubs, then
> multiply that by the number of years.
>
> Who knows how much will be left in the account
> after this.

While it seems correct that GST shouldn't apply to fines and the like (GSTD 2005/6), common sense says that no one has gained or lost from the situation. NWSWFA has received GST that it wasn't supposed to charge, and then on-paid that amount to the ATO. The member clubs have paid additional GST that they shouldn't have been charged, and claimed it back from the ATO.

Even if a claim was made by a club against the Association (can you claim for something that you are not out of pocket for?), surely the Association can issue a GST adjustment note now and then claim any GST amount back from the ATO that they have to repay back to the member club? Similarly, any overcharged GST that the clubs are compensated would have to be on-paid by them to the ATO anyway, so what's the point? I'm not a lawyer, so maybe I'm missing something

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: FBI ()
Date: June 24, 2019 04:50PM

Notsuchabigdeal? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FBI Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This attachment is the key issue.
> >
> > Ladies association has been levelling GST on
> items
> > that don’t incur GST such as fines.
> > The table of fines clearly shows GST to be
> added.
> > Invoices sent to clubs shows the GST component.
> > This has been going on for 19 years and when
> you
> > consider how much a club pays in fines each
> year,
> > then multiply that by the number of clubs, then
> > multiply that by the number of years.
> >
> > Who knows how much will be left in the account
> > after this.
>
> While it seems correct that GST shouldn't apply to
> fines and the like (GSTD 2005/6), common sense
> says that no one has gained or lost from the
> situation. NWSWFA has received GST that it wasn't
> supposed to charge, and then on-paid that amount
> to the ATO. The member clubs have paid additional
> GST that they shouldn't have been charged, and
> claimed it back from the ATO.
>
> Even if a claim was made by a club against the
> Association (can you claim for something that you
> are not out of pocket for?), surely the
> Association can issue a GST adjustment note now
> and then claim any GST amount back from the ATO
> that they have to repay back to the member club?
> Similarly, any overcharged GST that the clubs are
> compensated would have to be on-paid by them to
> the ATO anyway, so what's the point? I'm not a
> lawyer, so maybe I'm missing something

That sounds fine in theory, but NWSWFA won’t exist after this season, so that’s not possible.

GHFA won’t exist either, only the new merged entity of North West Sydney Football will exist from October 1st 2019 and they won’t pick up the issue from the NWSWFA, nor should they.

A closer examination of the ladies association records is on the cards and not just going one season.
Have the financials been audited every year?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: Not known ()
Date: June 24, 2019 08:52PM

My understanding from your argument is that it has affected women’s teams only and it’s not going to affect any existing ghfa teams?

And furthermore it won’t affext anyone moving forward as the company will be dissolved, so what’s the problem?

Is it a problem with the 2 new board members?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: roo reece ()
Date: June 24, 2019 09:33PM

>>And furthermore it won’t affext anyone moving forward as the company will be dissolved, so what’s the problem? <<

need to see the finances. we don't want to be subsidising anyone by paying $400+ for rego next year

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: THE ROCK ()
Date: June 24, 2019 09:56PM

Hmmm, i agree with Not known's point.

If the new merger isn't importing any old debt, and the GHFA has done the right thing in the past and controls a majority of the board, then i don't understand the issue?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: FBI ()
Date: June 25, 2019 12:52PM

The merger certainly won’t inherit any debts from either association in the past, but the point I making is prior to the GST issue that NWSWFA have they would’ve nominated what assets and funds they would bring to the table, so GHFA could make an informed decision to proceed or not.

The GST issue is very very recent and those previous financial figures tabled by NWSWFA could well be eroded back to notoriety even in the red so in theory the NWSWFA may bring zero dollars.

Remember the GST issue goes back 19 years of being incorrectly applied.
Awful lot of money at stake here and why should a business or organisation merge with someone if they don’t contribute equally and fairly.

The records of the NWSWFA have been questionable for a long time.
Also there is talk that the NWSWFA lent the Koalas an amount of money, how much in total, how often, these are questions only a forensic accountant could say.

Still on the loan of money, I not sure that a not for profit organisation are permitted to loan money by law.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: Fact Check This!! ()
Date: June 25, 2019 07:32PM

FBI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The merger certainly won’t inherit any debts
> from either association in the past, but the point
> I making is prior to the GST issue that NWSWFA
> have they would’ve nominated what assets and
> funds they would bring to the table, so GHFA could
> make an informed decision to proceed or not.
>
> The GST issue is very very recent and those
> previous financial figures tabled by NWSWFA could
> well be eroded back to notoriety even in the red
> so in theory the NWSWFA may bring zero dollars.
>
> Remember the GST issue goes back 19 years of being
> incorrectly applied.
> Awful lot of money at stake here and why should a
> business or organisation merge with someone if
> they don’t contribute equally and fairly.
>
> The records of the NWSWFA have been questionable
> for a long time.
> Also there is talk that the NWSWFA lent the Koalas
> an amount of money, how much in total, how often,
> these are questions only a forensic accountant
> could say.
>
> Still on the loan of money, I not sure that a not
> for profit organisation are permitted to loan
> money by law.

$30k in 2019 Alone!!
Be careful what you inherit....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: FBI ()
Date: June 25, 2019 08:23PM

The 30k in 2019 is only just scratching the surface.

It’s bottomless!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: Heather Reed ()
Date: June 25, 2019 08:34PM

GHFA has 12000+ members,,prolly less now with the departure of KEN , GLEN & 2 other clubs.
12000 * $20 = $240,000

They can up the rego by 20 bucks to cover the hole.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: As expected ()
Date: June 25, 2019 08:56PM

Heather Reed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GHFA has 12000+ members,,prolly less now with the
> departure of KEN , GLEN & 2 other clubs.
> 12000 * $20 = $240,000
>
> They can up the rego by 20 bucks to cover the
> hole.


As expected the solution is to make GHFA members pay more to cover the shortfall...
This is just the beginning!!!
Shows the attitude, take take take
Just check current NWSW fines being handed out to clubs.... U7 shirt numbers missing, come on!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: Obscene ()
Date: June 25, 2019 09:06PM

Ol lady Denise threatened to fine clubs whose teams scored more than 9 goals in a game. You can’t make that shit up!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: FBI ()
Date: June 25, 2019 09:11PM

Speaking of Denise, Grand Final day a couple of seasons ago she rang a club and threatened them that if they pumped the opposition then the association would withdraw their nomination to enter Champion of Champions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: Don’t Score 10 ()
Date: June 25, 2019 09:13PM

Obscene Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ol lady Denise threatened to fine clubs whose
> teams scored more than 9 goals in a game. You
> can’t make that shit up!


Confirmed
If in a NWSW competitive competitions your team scores more than 9 the goals are not counted... max score recorded is 9
You can’t make this stuff up!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: Grant Night ()
Date: June 25, 2019 10:45PM

Alright we'll try to score 8

LEFTIST liberals taking over everything..AeFL, FFAye,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: Merge ()
Date: June 27, 2019 08:36AM

I’ve spoken to people from 5 clubs in nwswf and everyone of them want a merge - purely in the hope that they will never have to deal with Denise Robinson again.

Pretty confident the other clubs would feel the same way (perhaps not WPH though)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: FBI ()
Date: June 27, 2019 09:09AM

Merge,

Your post is right on the money with clubs not wanting to deal with her into the future.

There has been talk for many seasons that when a player is upgraded that one club WPH seems to benefit from their players upgraded matches not being accurately recorded to reflect the true number.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: Ned ()
Date: June 27, 2019 12:21PM

Who’s Denise?
Is she the boss of the women’s comp.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: FBI ()
Date: June 27, 2019 08:32PM

She is the GM of the Ladies Association.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: Merge ()
Date: June 28, 2019 09:36AM

FBI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Merge,
>
> Your post is right on the money with clubs not
> wanting to deal with her into the future.
>
> There has been talk for many seasons that when a
> player is upgraded that one club WPH seems to
> benefit from their players upgraded matches not
> being accurately recorded to reflect the true
> number.

Haven’t heard that one, but am not even slightly surprised.
My favourite is that she changed a semi final series from 4 team to 6, because her own team came 5th at the end of the rounds. That’s the type of person she is.

And there are several incidents like this that has happened over the years, I kid you not. It is unbelievable.

Hopefully GHFA are aware of her antics, and her financial incompetence (going by above posts) and make sure she has no part in the merged association from 2020 and beyond.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: f4TS0 WATSO ()
Date: June 28, 2019 12:24PM

::::My favourite is that she changed a semi final series from 4 team to 6, because her own team came 5th at the end of the rounds. That’s the type of person she is.


sOUNDS LIKE A POTENTIAL CANDIDATE FOR A SPOT ON THE FFA BOARD

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: THE ROCK ()
Date: July 02, 2019 11:18AM

FBI, under what your saying, she will have a place on the board, but not a majority say?

Why can't the merge go ahead and she is not a part of it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: FBI ()
Date: July 02, 2019 06:13PM

I understand the Board to be a total of 5 and these are the names touted around.

Tracey Williams NWSWFA
Jodie Camden NWSWFA
Helen Armson GHFA
Lindsay Donald GHFA
Malcolm Arnold GHFA

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: Old mate ()
Date: July 02, 2019 11:05PM

Hmmm ok

Sounds like your mate Denise Richards won’t be there.

So, it’s ok now?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: FBI ()
Date: July 02, 2019 11:43PM

Old mate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmmm ok
>
> Sounds like your mate Denise Richards won’t be
> there.
>
> So, it’s ok now?


Big big difference between Denise Richards and Denise Robinson.

Everything will be okay as long as nobody rolls over and joins the voting numbers from the NWSWFA.
The GHFA Chsir is playing both sides of the fence.
I’d feel more confident with someone else there besides her.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: Merge ()
Date: July 04, 2019 09:04AM

The 2 associations were supposed to meet and discuss finances last week.

Does anyone know of the outcome?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: FBI ()
Date: July 04, 2019 01:20PM

Merge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The 2 associations were supposed to meet and
> discuss finances last week.
>
> Does anyone know of the outcome?

Next week I understand for that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: FB what? ()
Date: July 18, 2019 08:32AM

Fringe benefit inclusion

What’s the latest?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GHFA-NWSWFA Merger
Posted by: Dick Tracey ()
Date: July 18, 2019 10:34AM

done like Dinner..

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3


Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 6?