Results Round 4

Views: 3110 Posts: 25
Horko
wrote on 28-Apr-18 16:08

Hawks v Lions Ressies 1-4 Firsts 2-3 I think both teams will agree the officiating made for an entertaining spectacle

Oi
wrote on 28-Apr-18 17:00

Already a thread

petza
wrote on 28-Apr-18 17:03

EEW Ressies Eew 3 - Mac uni 1 Firsts Eew 9 - mac uni 0

petza
wrote on 28-Apr-18 17:03

EEW Ressies Eew 3 - Mac uni 1 Firsts Eew 9 - mac uni 0

Official at the game
wrote on 28-Apr-18 17:05

Horko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hawks v Lions > > Ressies > 1-4 > > Firsts > 2-3 > > I think both teams will agree the officiating made > for an entertaining spectacle Definitely entertaining. I sat in wonder trying to work out some of those decisions including the two reds. Reaffirmed why I took up the whistle. Reds, yellows, penalties... was all about the man in black at this game.

Quit now
wrote on 28-Apr-18 17:07

petza Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > EEW > > Ressies > Eew 3 - Mac uni 1 > > Firsts > Eew 9 - mac uni 0 Quit now and give everyone a week off.

Fat boy
wrote on 28-Apr-18 18:03

I just think it’s great blake only gets a run in reserve grade for 10 minutes. Clearly on the outer.

Blind
wrote on 28-Apr-18 19:03

Fat boy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just think it’s great blake only gets a run in > reserve grade for 10 minutes. Clearly on the > outer. Blake didn’t play you dick!

Mr campbell
wrote on 28-Apr-18 19:06

The wph v Hwk game was a bloody joke to watch! 3 red cards, and 2 players given 2 yellows each and left on the pitch. Putting it bluntly, the ref and the puppet linesman were a bloody disgrace and should be sent back to all age or a women’s comp where everyone plays for fun. For goodness sake... And I’m from wph! Where we won and collected 6 points!

Best ref
wrote on 28-Apr-18 20:01

Hawks player got a red and 2 yellows and still stayed on the pitch!! They even admitted the wrong player got sent! Our coach even got told to leave the pitch.

Licencee
wrote on 28-Apr-18 20:02

NER vs YMA Res 5-2 1sts 0-4

Interested
wrote on 28-Apr-18 21:04

Want to here from someone at Boronia today was tigers that good or are uni that bad ?

phoenix2.0
wrote on 28-Apr-18 22:09

Uni are shiet! But who knows, you’ll never know what happens until matchday...

THE ROCK
wrote on 29-Apr-18 07:06

The player that received 2 yellows was not red carded. To be honest, the red lost control, the linesman was trying to get involved at every chance he could and single handedly forced the red to send one of our players off for something he didn’t do. We would have been much better off with the over 35’s ref!

TABLES
wrote on 29-Apr-18 16:00

PL / 1 1 EEW 12 2 NOR 10 3 PEN 10 4 STA 8 5 HWK 6 6 WPH 6 7 RAV 3 8 YMA 3 9 NER 0 10 UNI 0 PL / 2 1 PEN 10 2 NER 9 3 WPH 9 4 NOR 7 5 STA 6 6 HWK 6 7 EEW 6 8 YMA 4 9 RAV 1 10 UNI 0

Preview
wrote on 29-Apr-18 22:00

With the relegation derby between NERDS and MAC UNI this coming weekend who wins? Will Mac uni be able to cause an upset and get a win or will NERDS finally grab some form and get a win or will both teams remain winless and finish with a draw?

Correction
wrote on 30-Apr-18 07:06

Rock. You say a player got 2 yellows, but no red..?? Is a sin bin yellow seperate to a normal? Or just bad officiating.

Correct
wrote on 30-Apr-18 09:07

Yep that's correct!! 2 yellows no Red card, not a sin bin offence. even better, it was same for both sides as WPH had a player get two yellows and no red. Ref had no idea what was going on just gave out cards everywhere then couldn't count. The game wasn't spiteful just woeful officiating.

THE ROCK
wrote on 30-Apr-18 13:05

I'm not one to bag refs as i think we are lucky to have them.... and i'm sure there are plenty that get it wrong, just like we as players get it wrong. The problem on the weekend was there was a scuffle, which is all it was. The WPH player told the ref he was a F$%% C$%% (apparently), so valid red card. Then the linesman flagged apparently one of our players kicking a player on the ground(which was news for all of us), so he got sent. This is 25mins in about. So this got set as a precedent for the rest of the match. The problem was he and the linesman got flustered over who they gave yellow cards too. Our player copped the second yellow and walked off and we managed to convince the officials he was just getting a drink. Laughable, but then it happened about 5mins later to the wph player. Stayed on! Look, my only comment is the decisions wrecked the game. The game was fair and hard, no bad blood. Some guy from the WPH crowd was literally spraying the official for a good 60 mins which i think flustered him, but what's the procedure when you dish out a yellow card? And if some refs can't keep that under control, how are they meant to keep track of a sin bin?

THE ROCK
wrote on 30-Apr-18 13:07

What happened with Uni Petza? Did you just play unbelievable one touch football?

petza
wrote on 30-Apr-18 14:02

we had the Midas touch! clinical 2nd half. The Uni keeper actually made 3 one on one saves to keep the score in single digits.

TG
wrote on 30-Apr-18 15:04

Didnt you cop 10 min Rock and came back on after 6 min.

Sportmans
wrote on 30-Apr-18 16:05

Solid sportsmanship on display from the Hawks team, noticing their teammate had copped 2 yellows and convincing him not to leave the field.

Confused
wrote on 30-Apr-18 16:08

It's strange for first of all a ref to caution someone for a second time, forget their face from the first booking but then to look down in their notebook to miss the number. It's even stranger then, that both AR's didn't notice this and tell the ref. Did it really happen to a second player! Surely not In saying this in the 2006 World Cup in the Australia v Croatia game, Simunic received 3 yellows before being sent off. Even the fourth official didn't pick this up. The Australian players didn't pick it up either and protest it.

Adam Gilchrist
wrote on 01-May-18 10:08

Pretty sure every team won’t voluntarily say red, your right.... Even if your totally incompetent in recording who you have given yellow cards too, please send me off. Get a grip you twats!

Author:
Subject: