FFA CUP

Views: 12742 Posts: 73
Ffa insider
wrote on 28-Feb-18 09:08

Ffa cup draw today.. quite a few GHFA teams in the pot.. Including North Ryde

FFA
wrote on 28-Feb-18 11:06

Entering this year: Ararat FC Epping Eastwood Football Club Gladesville Ravens Sports Club Hills Hawks FC North Epping Rangers North Ryde Soccer Club Pennant Hills FC Putney Rangers FC Redbacks FC Ryde Saints United Football Club St Patrick’s Football Club West Pennant Hills Cherrybrook Football Club West Ryde Rovers FC

JJFC
wrote on 28-Feb-18 11:08

Never understood why STA wouldn't enter. If putney can enter anyone can.

Why
wrote on 28-Feb-18 12:01

North Ryde want to play FFA Cup but not Super League?

Mattress01
wrote on 28-Feb-18 17:01

Time Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What time is the draw? about 5 hours ago

Time
wrote on 28-Feb-18 17:01

What time is the draw?

draw
wrote on 04-Mar-18 16:01

heres the draw boys http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info.cgi?a=FIXTURE&compID=486473&c=1-10664-0-0-0 I want to know what idiot at ravens allowed Ararat to play at peel park peel park is normally the worst pitch in the comp and theyre letting someone else get a first run on it?

is it that bad
wrote on 05-Mar-18 15:00

draw Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > heres the draw boys > > http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info.cgi?a=FIXTU > RE&compID=486473&c=1-10664-0-0-0 > > I want to know what idiot at ravens allowed Ararat > to play at peel park > peel park is normally the worst pitch in the comp > and theyre letting someone else get a first run on > it? is it really that bad?

Ffa insider
wrote on 05-Mar-18 15:06

North Ryde have to travel to Leeton on Saturday.. thats an over 9 hour drive from North Ryde....Haha.... SEE YA!!!!

Good nick
wrote on 06-Mar-18 09:07

Ground is in good condition

Schumacher
wrote on 07-Mar-18 04:08

Who is driving for it to take 9 hours?!? It's only 6. I think Ararat went to Wagga last year after Wagga came up and beat putney 11-0 Gosford have a couple of hours to Drive this year too for putney. North Ryde are just going to have to suck it up and go.. Luck of the draw

Last yr
wrote on 07-Mar-18 10:09

Yeah last year Pen had to go down to Bathurst on a Wednesday... You enter the FFA cup you have to accept the possibility of playing hours away.

??
wrote on 07-Mar-18 17:03

what's up with north ryde not playing in the super league but are playing in the ffa cup, do they think they aren't good enough or?

???
wrote on 08-Mar-18 08:05

I imagine they only have enough players for 1 team?

DNA42
wrote on 10-Mar-18 19:05

News just in..... North Ryde win FFA Cup match 1/0 in extra time!

Rovers
wrote on 10-Mar-18 20:00

WRR 2-1 Baulko

Abz
wrote on 10-Mar-18 20:00

did rovers win?

DNA42
wrote on 11-Mar-18 09:01

Next round North Ryde vs Ravens - Peel Park.

Pen
wrote on 11-Mar-18 19:02

Balmain 0 v 14 penno

spectator101
wrote on 11-Mar-18 20:02

putney 0 - 1 east gosford

Reg
wrote on 11-Mar-18 22:08

Fuck me drunk 14-0 ??

DNA42
wrote on 12-Mar-18 10:04

Pen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Balmain 0 v 14 penno Should have invoked the mercy rule!

Neutral
wrote on 12-Mar-18 14:01

Good win for Rovers against quality opposition. They will easily win Super League. The team they beat was in the top 3 of Hills Premier League 1.

Nerds
wrote on 12-Mar-18 14:04

Nerds lost 3-0 to Kirrawee Not looking good for the upcoming season...

gudinski
wrote on 16-Mar-18 10:07

Should be a few spies in the crowd on Saturday at Penno 14:30 PEN vs Dee Why 16:30 EEW vs Callala Brumbies 18:30 WPH vs South Coast Flame 20:30 RSU vs Balmain Tigers Disappointing GHFA is doing nothing to promote FFA Cup games.

Wover
wrote on 16-Mar-18 15:00

Neutral Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Good win for Rovers against quality opposition. > They will easily win Super League. The team they > beat was in the top 3 of Hills Premier League 1. You're forgetting that a depleted Kenthurst side still managed to dominate the Hills Premier League, says it all about the quality of that comp. WPH also did a number on Kellyville last weekend.

TG
wrote on 16-Mar-18 16:03

Doesn't NG coach Dee Why.

Predictions?
wrote on 16-Mar-18 16:03

gudinski Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Should be a few spies in the crowd on Saturday at > Penno > > 14:30 PEN vs Dee Why > 16:30 EEW vs Callala Brumbies > 18:30 WPH vs South Coast Flame > 20:30 RSU vs Balmain Tigers > > Disappointing GHFA is doing nothing to promote FFA > Cup games. Predictions?

Tom Rogersteins
wrote on 16-Mar-18 16:09

Pennant Hills 3-1 Epping Eastwood 4-2 West Pennant Hills 2-1 Balmain 6-0

TG
wrote on 16-Mar-18 16:09

Doesn't NG coach Dee Why.

Penno through
wrote on 16-Mar-18 18:05

Pen 3-0 Dee Why forfeited

Guy in the stands
wrote on 17-Mar-18 15:00

Wover Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Neutral Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Good win for Rovers against quality opposition. > > They will easily win Super League. The team > they > > beat was in the top 3 of Hills Premier League > 1. > > > You're forgetting that a depleted Kenthurst side > still managed to dominate the Hills Premier > League, says it all about the quality of that > comp. WPH also did a number on Kellyville last > weekend. I watched WPH v Kellyville last weekend and that match could of gone either way. Kellyville dominated possession but WPH were quick on the counter. Kellyville missed a penalty at 1-0 (match ended 2-0). It was a great match to watch until some parents on the sideline got involved and the referee abandoned the game.

petza
wrote on 17-Mar-18 19:00

Yep they were very young. WPH were down 2-0 at half time to a strong Wollongong team

petza
wrote on 17-Mar-18 19:00

Yep they were very young. WPH were down 2-0 at half time to a strong Wollongong team

Ffa insider
wrote on 17-Mar-18 19:01

EEW won 8-2... Callala were very poor

Onlooker
wrote on 17-Mar-18 22:04

Epping Eastwood had a few players out but looked old and slow across the back. Caralla were about AA3 standard. WPH were down 0-2 to a really good team from down South. They worked their way back into it and got to 2-2 before they ran out of legs. A nice effort

petza
wrote on 17-Mar-18 23:03

Yeah but we’ve been old and slow for years

speactator101
wrote on 19-Mar-18 00:05

Ravens won 6-1 vs North Ryde SC

neutral
wrote on 19-Mar-18 10:02

Rovers lost to Randwick 4 - 1

Curious Guy
wrote on 20-Mar-18 00:06

How are NER looking this year? I've heard they have lost a lot of players?

Curious Guy
wrote on 20-Mar-18 00:06

How are NER looking this year? I've heard they have lost a lot of players?

Goodbye
wrote on 21-Mar-18 11:05

Hawks out losing 5-1

Putney
wrote on 21-Mar-18 13:06

Shittttttt!

Round 4 draw?
wrote on 22-Mar-18 09:02

When is the round 4 Draw taking place? the FNSW website said it was meant to be this week..

Ffa insider
wrote on 22-Mar-18 11:01

Wednesday 28th March 3pm

haha
wrote on 23-Mar-18 09:04

Goodbye Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hawks out losing 5-1 Haha, just picking up where they left off last year. Nothing like they were 3 years back!

next round
wrote on 29-Mar-18 08:07

round 4 fixtures eew vs killarney henwood vs st pats bankstown dragons vs ravens penno vs st George city looks like no one got state league sides again

NPL3
wrote on 29-Mar-18 10:04

next round Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > round 4 fixtures > > eew vs killarney > henwood vs st pats > bankstown dragons vs ravens > penno vs st George city > > looks like no one got state league sides again St george city is NPL3

spectator101
wrote on 05-Apr-18 08:07

penno lost 1-4 vs st george city fa st pats to play on friday night down near wagga wagga, epping eastwood and gladesville ravens still to play both their games next wednesday night

english lad
wrote on 05-Apr-18 09:07

last night Hawks 11 - 0 Dunbar Rovers cottam cup

Ffa insider
wrote on 11-Apr-18 17:05

Good luck to Ravens and Eew tonight

Results
wrote on 11-Apr-18 21:00

EEW down 8-1 RAV up 6-3

FFA Cup Spectator
wrote on 11-Apr-18 23:04

Went down to VSP tonight to see EEW take on Central Coast PL side Killarney, and saw a Tigers team totally dismantled by the opposition. Fair play to Killarney as they would give most State League teams a run for their money, Pace all over the field and a striker who helped himself to a double hatrick. Tigers has no answer on the night and we’re second best in every department. Disappointed to see no attempt to change the game at any point, replacements were simply 1 for 1 as they looked completely lost against a better organised team. I think the rest of the GHFA teams will be glad they don’t have to face opposing teams of this quality each week...

THE ROCK
wrote on 12-Apr-18 16:08

To be fair to EEW, we played Killarney in round 1 and got smoked 5-1. They are a very good unit. Brings us all down to earth haha

Ffa insider
wrote on 12-Apr-18 19:04

Incorrect... you lost to Berkley Vale not Kilarney

Glass barbie
wrote on 13-Apr-18 07:04

Get off the rocks, rock

TG
wrote on 13-Apr-18 13:09

You play ravens tommorow Rock.

TG
wrote on 13-Apr-18 15:02

The welcoming party is a lot better at Boronia and at north Epping.

THE ROCK
wrote on 13-Apr-18 15:06

Yeah TG, @ Hayes. You coming down?

Guess who
wrote on 13-Apr-18 17:09

Good, your not fucking welcome TG you snake

TG
wrote on 13-Apr-18 18:03

I'm guessing it's you rock.

Lots of luck needed
wrote on 30-Apr-18 14:04

Good luck to the Ravens playing Marconi this Wednesday, last GHFA team Gonna need lots (and lots, and lots) of it

ex-GHFA PL player
wrote on 01-May-18 10:01

Putting the above-mentioned results into context, the Battlewin Premier League (Central Coast) is bloody strong, I’d suggest it is travel that stops them as being recognised as the strongest premier league in NSW… i.e. Killarney’s next FFA game is against Bomadary mid-week (Nowra) at 7.30pm on a Wednesday (10 hour round trip with game). There are 4 Coastie sides still in the FFA next round, including 7th placed Terrigal who drew Sydney Olympic at Pluim Park. Killarney are 6 from 6 in the league, scoring 24 goals 7 against. Second is Berkeley Vale with 5 from 6. Putting this is perspective, Avoca are 5th in the 12 team league. Avoca have a number of ex-Coastie NSW Premier League players, with James Monie (ex Newcastle Jets and NSW PL Golden Boot winner) and Shane Knight (ex-Bonnyrigg), they are a solid unit, but still went down 3-1 to Killarney.

Wollongong
wrote on 02-May-18 01:04

Both central coast and wollongong have very strong premier leagues Some of tge wollongong clubs play their players as much as npl 1 clubs

yep
wrote on 02-May-18 14:02

More! back in the day when the NSL folded and before the A-League came along, the Wollongong PL were paying player 50% more to play in their league. It was so silly at some point where those teams were so strong they would show up most Premier League(now NPL1) teams!

Peel
wrote on 02-May-18 21:06

Full time result Marconi 4 v 2 Ravens

Stallion
wrote on 03-May-18 16:08

Wow, impressive result for Ravens. Were they strong? can not believe you scored 2!

ex-GHFA player
wrote on 04-May-18 07:01

The comments about Wollongong is completely true, players were leaving the NSL to play there as they got more money. But it is my understanding that they can't play in the Champions of Champions for that reason, it is recognised that they are not an amateur league... while Central Coast is amateur, which is my point. It is not my understanding that the Central Coast pay players, but they may, I don't know... let's face it Brookvale weren't meant to be paying players yet players left NSWPL to play for them (obviously and rumoured for more money). PS. Great and respectable score line for Ravens!

Stressedoutmarconicoach
wrote on 04-May-18 08:00

Stallion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wow, impressive result for Ravens. > > Were they strong? can not believe you scored 2! Marconi only played with 3 u20s the rest were first grsders Ravens went up 1 nil in the first 20 but went in 2-1 down at half time Marconi scored again half wsy through the second after bringing a few of their 'stars' Rsvens made it 3-2 with 10 to go and set up a very nerve rscking finish for marconi With a minute to go rsvens had a corner and sent all their players up to try to equalize Marconi cleared it and made a break and won a penalry down the other end and scored eith the last kick of the game to make it 4-2

honesty
wrote on 04-May-18 15:01

i highly doubt you only lost 4-2 to marconi's first grade. they would have played fringe players not regular first grade players. Let's be honest, there is daylight between the top of the GHFA and Ravens, so there would be light years between NPL1 and Ravens if both teams were at full strength.

Peel
wrote on 04-May-18 17:05

honesty Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i highly doubt you only lost 4-2 to marconi's > first grade. > > they would have played fringe players not regular > first grade players. > > Let's be honest, there is daylight between the top > of the GHFA and Ravens, so there would be light > years between NPL1 and Ravens if both teams were > at full strength. Cheng, Vella, Cleur, Bergamin, Webb, Danaskos, Ponce all started the match. All have played in 3 or more First Grade games this year, most have played 7-8. Sean Rooney and James Andrew- who was in the NPL1 Team of the Week last week both came of the bench.

truth hurts
wrote on 04-May-18 19:08

Looks like someone is still in a tantrum about the result and can’t except the fact that ravens only lost 4-2 against marconi, especially when 9 players of their 1st grade squad played in that fixture on wednesday night. https://www.facebook.com/GladesvilleRavensClub/posts/1969615549776180 Both head coaches of Marconi and of their 1st grade squad (Peter Tsekenis & Peter Papoythis) commented briefly on the way of how ravens played and they deserve the good wrap from both npl coaches.

Trymakingtop4first
wrote on 04-May-18 20:05

It’ll be the highlight of your year..

Author:
Subject: