Spirit

Views: 1452 Posts: 9
Revolution
wrote on 23-Nov-17 10:05

At the GHFA meeting last night while going through the expenditure, it came to light that GHFA were jacking up most of the player rego fees considerably. This included a $30 increase per player for PL. This is in part due to the fact that our players rego fees go to fund Spirit NPL as they can't fund themselves properly. They gained $18k in sponsorship last season. My PL Squad raised more than last last season. Anyway, shit hit the fan and there was a revolt amongst the clubs towards the GHFA board and it was voted down. All players should thank their clubs for looking out for their interests

haha
wrote on 23-Nov-17 22:09

From an attendee at the meeting last night, I can confirm that $hit DID NOT hit the fan. Clubs definitely did look after their players, but the above makes it sound like World War 3. The truth of the matter is that the money will need to be paid regardless, so the money will now be taken out of the GHFA accounts instead. GHFA can withstand for a year or two at most, but eventually this problem will be a real obstacle, so clubs/GHFA need to make appropriate plans soon. Definitely agree though that a State League team raising 18k is piss poor

SAP
wrote on 24-Nov-17 11:09

And here I was thinking the SAP kids parents who paid $1500 per year were subsidising the Spirit 1st team. Surely Spirit should be self-sufficient.

FBI
wrote on 24-Nov-17 13:02

Revolution Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > At the GHFA meeting last night while going through > the expenditure, it came to light that GHFA were > jacking up most of the player rego fees > considerably. This included a $30 increase per > player for PL. > This is in part due to the fact that our players > rego fees go to fund Spirit NPL as they can't fund > themselves properly. They gained $18k in > sponsorship last season. My PL Squad raised more > than last last season. Ok > Anyway, shit hit the fan and there was a revolt > amongst the clubs towards the GHFA board and it > was voted down. > All players should thank their clubs for looking > out for txrheir interests Didn’t read like WWIII to me, just failed to get passed, hardly a major conflict as your sensationalism suggests

FBI
wrote on 24-Nov-17 13:07

!Perhaps not overpaying the GM of the association would be a good place to start.

FaceNerd
wrote on 30-Nov-17 11:02

They seem to be signing a lot of new players for 2018.

bye bye
wrote on 05-Dec-17 07:02

haha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > From an attendee at the meeting last night, I can > confirm that $hit DID NOT hit the fan. > > Clubs definitely did look after their players, but > the above makes it sound like World War 3. > > The truth of the matter is that the money will > need to be paid regardless, so the money will now > be taken out of the GHFA accounts instead. > > GHFA can withstand for a year or two at most, but > eventually this problem will be a real obstacle, > so clubs/GHFA need to make appropriate plans > soon. > > Definitely agree though that a State League team > raising 18k is piss poor don't really see this as a problem if they cant raise enough money themselves then they can fold the team its not our job to help their lazy asses

Conte
wrote on 04-Jan-18 17:02

FBI Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > !Perhaps not overpaying the GM of the association > would be a good place to start. over extended there. . . lol bring back Fatty?

FBI
wrote on 06-Jan-18 13:05

Conte Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > FBI Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > !Perhaps not overpaying the GM of the > association > > would be a good place to start. > > > > over extended there. . . lol > > bring back Fatty? All I know is GHFA were throwing up an amount not to exceed $120k for GM. Not bad coin for running a leisure sport considering years ago nobody got paid and it was voluntary.

Author:
Subject: