GF Results

Views: 5048 Posts: 46
Update
wrote on 26-Aug-17 15:03

Score update from the games today please

Res
wrote on 26-Aug-17 17:00

EAD sta, enjoy your first loss of the year! North epping champions!

Tig
wrote on 26-Aug-17 18:05

EEW 2-1 thanks for the banner flaccids. That bit of extra luck got us over the line

Anyone?
wrote on 26-Aug-17 18:07

FG result?

Lol
wrote on 26-Aug-17 19:00

Take your L and move on

Grub of grubs.
wrote on 26-Aug-17 19:00

Turner you dogg clean kick to ribs or head to the penno defender while the bloke is on the floor.

Match Report
wrote on 26-Aug-17 19:02

Go on

Dog
wrote on 26-Aug-17 19:03

Number 37 from EEW has to be the worst player in the Comp. Absolute retard

On looker
wrote on 26-Aug-17 22:00

A very entertaining first grade game with penno dominating possession and not really troubling the eew keeper. Eew having some good attack and spells in the game. A few subs by eew probably turned the game slightly their way with a very descisive header in extra time from a corner enough to get eew home. Best on ground to Gareth wright who showed true grit in the gf to help his side over the line. Turner also created some concern for penno defence when he got the balleventually scoring the equaliser after some average defence gave him the chance. Same can be said for penno goal which should have been cleared earlier by their defence. Overall penno looked better in control with the ball and with eew using speed to get them in behind penno.

Pissed off at pub
wrote on 26-Aug-17 23:02

On looker - you are the most boring person on earth. Were you actually there? Did you not see Turner's violence? The referee missed everything important but saw everything which did not matter. Penno have been the best all year and we did not deserve the rubbish we copped today.

On looker
wrote on 27-Aug-17 08:03

Nothing more than was handed out by Penno as well. Maybe you have never played in a GF or know what it like to put your heart on your sleeve. Is being pulled down to the ground on way to goal in extra time just worthy of a yellow card? The referee did a great job in a well contested match. Head to Costco as you can get a cheap deal on tissues as this sounds like sour grapes. As I said penno controlled the ball and possession but lacked the final punch. Eew used speed. Some good subs got them over the line. If penno were smart they would have tested eew wide on the right a little more and got some service into the box but didn't

Fair assessment
wrote on 27-Aug-17 11:06

Typical grand final with plenty of passion from both teams, seem to have really developed a rivalry over the course of this season. Ref had a good game, there were plenty of challenges coming in from both teams which he handle quite fairly. EEW dominated the first half but lacked any final product in front of goals. Second half Penno had the run of the green and it showed getting the first goal of the game. The EEW subs changed the game and made the difference especially in attack, gave them something to work with which they didn't have prior to that apart from Turner creating some chances. EEW played the extra time smartly and their formation paid off in the end. Was a good exhibition of the talent in the premier league. Congrats to the Tigers and good luck to Penno in the Champions cup.

DNA42
wrote on 27-Aug-17 11:08

A lot of similarities in both Reserve grade and First grade Grand Finals. Both games ended 2/1. Both the Premiers scored first, dominated early and ended up on the losing side. Both equalisers came late in the game to bring it to extra time. Both winning goals were headers. The sour note in First grade was Turner with a minute to go bringing the ball to the corner flag and then being dispossessed by Penno fullback #11. Both turned to retrieve the ball with #11 pulling Turner's shirt. Turner pulled him to the ground and then stomped on his groin. Ref saw the outcome and instead of sending Turner he blew the whistle for full time leaving the Penno #11 in agony on the ground. For mine Turner should be spending a good few weeks on the sideline at the beginning of next season for his brain snap.

dont understand
wrote on 28-Aug-17 10:07

classic epping eastwood at any other club that kind of culture would be frowned upon and a player that acts like that on the field would be internally punished by the coach/club not at eew though! not sure why anyone would want to play for them. id take a good bunch of blokes over a gf win anyday

Lol
wrote on 28-Aug-17 11:09

dont understand Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > classic epping eastwood > > at any other club that kind of culture would be > frowned upon and a player that acts like that on > the field would be internally punished by the > coach/club > > not at eew though! not sure why anyone would want > to play for them. > id take a good bunch of blokes over a gf win > anyday Ok

Grub of the year
wrote on 28-Aug-17 14:07

Goes to the worst bloke and filthiest player to ever grace the ghfa. Congratulations to Turner the gronk of Epping

EE
wrote on 28-Aug-17 15:02

Don't embarrass your club Penno, no need for salt. Turner clearly won the battle, leave it on the park.

Champion
wrote on 28-Aug-17 15:04

dont understand Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > classic epping eastwood > > at any other club that kind of culture would be > frowned upon and a player that acts like that on > the field would be internally punished by the > coach/club > > not at eew though! not sure why anyone would want > to play for them. > id take a good bunch of blokes over a gf win > anyday Lucky you're not playing there then champion. Sorry can't call you that, you're not at EEW.

on looker
wrote on 28-Aug-17 18:00

well said EE. There was some dirt thrown as well by penno on the park. Dont remember the kick behind the play on the egde of the eew box when the ball was cleared. Dont remember the blatent pull down of turner when he was through in extra time In saying this EEW was not clean neither. leave it on the park If you are not out there with passion you would be sitting on the sidelines looking in. If you have speed or skill you would be the one getting fouled and i am sure that is what a player of turners ability showed the other night. he has great skill touch and vision. Keep trying and you may get to walk on the field one evening for a grand final.Oh sorry, your not allowed to enter the field unless you are a player or an official or a ball boy!!! Well played EEW is a very spirited contest.

DNA42
wrote on 28-Aug-17 18:02

As skillful as Turner is, that stomp he did at full-time is NEVER acceptable at any level. Still should go to the committee for a minimum of 4 weeks at the start of next season. One player is not above the game.

The Turn of an Era
wrote on 31-Aug-17 10:04

DNA42 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Both turned to retrieve the ball with #11 pulling > Turner's shirt. Turner pulled him to the ground Sounds like #11 won't pull Turners shirt again....

DNA42
wrote on 31-Aug-17 14:07

#11 won't pull Turner's or anyone elses shirt again after the treatment he got. Stupid really and done out of frustration I believe, but the retaliation form Turner was totally unnecessary and extremely dirty. #GRUB

on looker
wrote on 31-Aug-17 15:09

DNA42, you are good at bagging EEW whether it be prems or 35's or even 45's. I think your are dirty by not making the semis yourself and getting bumped out by EEW, am I right here? All i have read on your posts is whinging. It may have been unacceptable but it is not the worst thing i have witnessed on the football field and it will not be the last either.

Nah
wrote on 31-Aug-17 19:06

DNA42 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > #11 won't pull Turner's or anyone elses shirt > again after the treatment he got. > Stupid really and done out of frustration I > believe, but the retaliation form Turner was > totally unnecessary and extremely dirty. > #GRUB Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Also, why are you hashtagging on this website? How stupid are you?

Hush up
wrote on 31-Aug-17 19:09

Funny how the forum is so quiet after EEW won the Grand Final. Chalk and cheese to the week after Penno won the Minor Premiership. Penno, a team of keyboard warriors with nothing to say.

Penno got 3 words
wrote on 31-Aug-17 22:00

Hush up Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Funny how the forum is so quiet after EEW won the > Grand Final. Chalk and cheese to the week after > Penno won the Minor Premiership. > > Penno, a team of keyboard warriors with nothing to > say. Champions of Champions

DNA42
wrote on 01-Sep-17 07:00

Nah Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > DNA42 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > #11 won't pull Turner's or anyone elses shirt > > again after the treatment he got. > > Stupid really and done out of frustration I > > believe, but the retaliation form Turner was > > totally unnecessary and extremely dirty. > > #GRUB > > > Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. > > Also, why are you hashtagging on this website? How > stupid are you? Stupid is as stupid does

DNA42
wrote on 01-Sep-17 07:08

Onlooker, Not bagging EEW. I actually think they deserved the Grand Final win. The longer the game went the better they played. The confidence and belief was always there and they outplayed Penno in the end. Still don't agree with Turner's brain snap especially when the Ref saw it and thought better of taking action instead blowing the full time whistle. BTW, I won my Grand Final Champ!

DNA42
wrote on 01-Sep-17 09:03

Pretty sure Penno #11 cares, anyway just saying what I saw. Good Luck to Penno in the CoC

DNA41
wrote on 01-Sep-17 09:05

We always knew Penno were arrogant, just didn't know they were whingers too. DNA42, move on mate, no-one cares.

Ok mate
wrote on 01-Sep-17 11:06

DNA42 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Pretty sure Penno #11 cares, anyway just saying > what I saw. > > Good Luck to Penno in the CoC Ok I'll be sure to pass on your regards. Thanks mate.

Another 3
wrote on 01-Sep-17 11:08

Penno got 3 words Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hush up Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Funny how the forum is so quiet after EEW won > the > > Grand Final. Chalk and cheese to the week after > > Penno won the Minor Premiership. > > > > Penno, a team of keyboard warriors with nothing > to > > say. > > > Champions of Champions First round knockout

And 3 more
wrote on 01-Sep-17 12:04

Break a leg.

THE ROCK
wrote on 01-Sep-17 12:06

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but if you play dirty and get away with it, good luck to you. We have ref's whose job it is to pull these things up, along with 2 assistants. There have been multiple things happen throughout this season that were not "fair play", and it is what it is. Some people get marched, some people get away with it. It's just like speeding on a motorway, some people don't, others do. it's up to the police to pull them up. There are a number of players in the PL who do it week in/ week out and the refs know about them. But if no one saw anything, you can't send someone off. If they were to send someone off everytime a player went down and rolled around like a pork chop, you would find more and more players doing it - Which in my view is a bigger problem in the game. My advice to #11, is to either get over it or kick him next time you play.

BBQ PITTMASTER
wrote on 01-Sep-17 14:01

Shut up Rock and turn the snags over. You went to the GT school on how to break legs.

BBQ PITTMASTER
wrote on 01-Sep-17 14:01

A Ref see's what he see's mate,this tackle happened in front of me it was nothing 2 players pulling at their shirts 1 goes down drags the other with him.It was a foot to the inner thigh or a knee to the chest or head.The Ref was right there #11 started it and GT finished it time was up he blew full time.

THE ROCK
wrote on 01-Sep-17 14:04

So are you suggesting the other extreme then? a player takes a dive and the penalty is awarded for the academy performance and not what actually happened?

DNA42
wrote on 01-Sep-17 14:09

BBQ PITTMASTER Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A Ref see's what he see's mate,this tackle > happened in front of me it was nothing 2 players > pulling at their shirts 1 goes down drags the > other with him.It was a foot to the inner thigh or > a knee to the chest or head.The Ref was right > there #11 started it and GT finished it time was > up he blew full time. I was right there on the corner of the field and that 'foot to the inner thigh' was in fact a definite deliberate Stomp to the upper groin. Right, wrong or indifferent it happened.

RNA
wrote on 01-Sep-17 15:00

THE ROCK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but if you > play dirty and get away with it, good luck to > you. > > We have ref's whose job it is to pull these things > up, along with 2 assistants. > > There have been multiple things happen throughout > this season that were not "fair play", and it is > what it is. Some people get marched, some people > get away with it. > > It's just like speeding on a motorway, some people > don't, others do. it's up to the police to pull > them up. > > There are a number of players in the PL who do it > week in/ week out and the refs know about them. > But if no one saw anything, you can't send someone > off. > > If they were to send someone off everytime a > player went down and rolled around like a pork > chop, you would find more and more players doing > it - Which in my view is a bigger problem in the > game. > > My advice to #11, is to either get over it or kick > him next time you play. NER had a player sent off for an alleged face stomp. The refereee recorded it as malice and with intent to injure, resulting in a 4 week suspension. On the day he conceded that he caught it in his peripheral vision On review, the ARs report, with unobstructed view, conflicted the man in the middle. Downgraded to 1 week already served. Some players get away with it, others don't. It is purely subject to Ref and his subjective view. Would love for some of them to be accountable for once.

THE ROCK
wrote on 01-Sep-17 15:01

I think we go a little further with technology and if someone videos it they can send it to the GHFRA for review. Obviously they probably don't have the resources for this at present, but it's food for future, especially seeing ref's are such an integral part of the competition being so successful.

TG
wrote on 01-Sep-17 15:04

Park football.

Aaahhh
wrote on 01-Sep-17 18:02

And 3 more Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Break a leg. Flaccids still salty

congrats
wrote on 07-Sep-17 14:08

congrats eew you won the gf pretty much as pointless as the ghfa cup except at least with the cup you win some $$$ everyone knows its the premiership that matters so keep celebrating your useless trophy and well keep laughing at how you choked in the last 40 minutes to the team that came 7th

Trophy holder
wrote on 07-Sep-17 15:02

congrats Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > congrats eew you won the gf > pretty much as pointless as the ghfa cup except at > least with the cup you win some $$$ > > everyone knows its the premiership that matters so > keep celebrating your useless trophy and well keep > laughing at how you choked in the last 40 minutes > to the team that came 7th Best team is decided over 25 games, not 22 so cool sorry. Normo put 5 past 'the best team in the comp that everyone cares about', what's your point?

I've heard it all
wrote on 07-Sep-17 18:00

congrats Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > congrats eew you won the gf > pretty much as pointless as the ghfa cup except at > least with the cup you win some $$$ > > everyone knows its the premiership that matters so > keep celebrating your useless trophy and well keep > laughing at how you choked in the last 40 minutes > to the team that came 7th Grand final a pointless trophy to win. I've heard it all now. Gr8 b8 m8

eew chokers
wrote on 10-Sep-17 15:06

Trophy holder Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > congrats Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > congrats eew you won the gf > > pretty much as pointless as the ghfa cup except > at > > least with the cup you win some $$$ > > > > everyone knows its the premiership that matters > so > > keep celebrating your useless trophy and well > keep > > laughing at how you choked in the last 40 > minutes > > to the team that came 7th > > Best team is decided over 25 games, not 22 so cool > sorry. > > Normo put 5 past 'the best team in the comp that > everyone cares about', what's your point? 25 games? can you count? ravens also put 5 past penno what is your point?

Author:
Subject: