Retired

Views: 1412 Posts: 14
Tom 649
wrote on 11-Aug-17 19:01

To my friend and detractors ... Just a note to all in GHFA PL-land - have hung up my whistle (cue celebration) after an exciting last game up at Normanhurst last Sunday. It Was a pleasure to referee over the last 34 years - 27 at PL level including 3 GFs (the first in 1992) and 4 SL/PL2 GFs, one State Cup UU/21 GF and a lot of PL games since 1989. Thank you to the GHFA football family. I have enjoyed the challenge, the banter - even the abuse! Thank you to GHFRA for many years of support and opportunity - particularly early on wen I was appointed to many State League games and selected to National U/23 panel in 1992/3. I will try to continue to assist GHFRA with inspections and admin assistance if wanted. Good luck to the SF teams this weekend. GHFA PL looks stronger than ever. Tom

Ravens 6
wrote on 11-Aug-17 19:08

Best ever - Forrest snapped his archilles 3 or 4 years back at Peel see ya

brisc
wrote on 11-Aug-17 20:03

Tom Thanks for your contribution over the years, A refs job is never easy but we always knew what we were getting with you, "Consistently" might not have liked it ? But thank you, your last game was no exception and one to remember! Even if it were only 43 mins. All the best, can't say I will miss you.

Winners!
wrote on 11-Aug-17 20:08

The only f%&n game we ever won under you at normo cheers tom

THE ROCK
wrote on 11-Aug-17 22:03

Appreciate your time and effort. Ref's play an integral part of the GHFA being a successful competition, without your efforts and others it wouldn't be the place it is today. Cheers

Tom 649
wrote on 11-Aug-17 23:07

THE ROCK Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------
> Appreciate your time and effort.
>
> Ref's play an integral part of the GHFA being a
> successful competition, without your efforts and
> others it wouldn't be the place it is today.
>
> Cheers

Thanks Rock

Sideline Eye
wrote on 12-Aug-17 08:03

27 years ref'g at Prem level is an impressive innings. That is a lot of Saturdays you have given up to referee so thank you. Did you have to retire after your 1,000th YC? Over that time there has been many changes to the rules of football, style of football played and characters running around the GHFA. I'm looking forward to reading about it in your memoirs! Sounds like you plan to still be around football doing referee inspections. Hopefully you can help improve the standards of ref'g from the sidelines. Must be tempting to spend a year on the sideline to give players "feedback" from the sidelines, like they give you "feedback" on the field! The centre circle will miss you.

27 years
wrote on 12-Aug-17 09:00

27 years worth of PL football, well done Tom. Would love to see your best XI across this time? Not many people would have seen so many players across eras.

Forret 649
wrote on 12-Aug-17 11:07

My Best GHFA Premier League XI I am short on wing-backs – but these are the most memorable players I have refereed. I started PL first grade refereeing in 1990 GK Steven Wise (PEN) Mick Masulans (STA) Don Allen (PEN) Ian MacLennon (EEW) Luke Roodenburg (KEN) Kurt Morrison (PEN) Michael Taylor (EEW) Brian Ellem (NER) Captain Dax (STA) David Batten (Meadowbank UTD, NER, NMH) Coach and player Byran Raeburn (NER and EEW) Andrew Stradford (EEW) Rick Giometti (RAV) Kevin Iredale (WPH) For the record – my most memorable send off was Mark Viduka in 1992/3 first of the Summer night NSL comps - playing for Melbourne Croatia (as they were then) against the AIS (Australian Institute of Sport) in Canberra. Viduka was returning from Injury and playing in the NSL Reserves known as the National Youth League – two late tackls = 2 x YC. In the same game I cautioned Craig Moore (AIS). I knew they were both good – but had no idea they would both become captains of Australia!

Muppet35
wrote on 12-Aug-17 13:07

F off DB, not the place

TG
wrote on 12-Aug-17 17:04

Congratulation Tom on a fine referring career your going to be missed.All the best of luck for the future mate.

Additional Chromosome
wrote on 12-Aug-17 17:08

Tom Forrest you deserve to be the one inspected, not the other way around. No one will miss your make it all about yourself style of refereeing. Peace and blessings.

Juice
wrote on 12-Aug-17 20:09

So many memorable moments in GHFA PL have you in them Tom. Whilst you've hung up the whistle, it's good that you'll still be involved with the future of GHFRA. Congratulations on your vast time in one of sport's least appreciated and thankful jobs.

Fellow ref.
wrote on 14-Aug-17 21:09

Well done Tom but you haven't even reached 50yrs old, you have plenty more years in you! Perhaps do 35s & 45s.

Author:
Subject: