Tim
wrote on 07-Jun-17 10:01

Have good long weekend off boys

Yello
wrote on 07-Jun-17 11:06

Is penno park on no matter what?

timmykruse
wrote on 07-Jun-17 14:02

Yello Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is penno park on no matter what? Penno Park if off limits when the comp gets rained out.. going by past exp.

Logical
wrote on 07-Jun-17 16:04

Wouldn't it be good to see the GHFA move atleast one of this weekends rounds to somewhere like Penno Park with all Prem fixtures there back to back, could atleast get one round in plus would be something different for local football fans. Would never happen though. Weekend off for sure I'm predicting.

Tim Bailey on drugs
wrote on 07-Jun-17 18:05

Ha, even if it stopped raining tomorow its still off

reality
wrote on 08-Jun-17 07:01

Logical Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wouldn't it be good to see the GHFA move atleast > one of this weekends rounds to somewhere like > Penno Park with all Prem fixtures there back to > back, could atleast get one round in plus would be > something different for local football fans. Would > never happen though. > > Weekend off for sure I'm predicting. so only pl deserve to play? atleast our games get rescheduled other age groups and divisions just miss out if there are too many washouts i love to play as much as everyone else but everyone pays fees and noone deserves special treatment

lol
wrote on 08-Jun-17 09:04

get good ^

Buddy
wrote on 08-Jun-17 09:06

Yes everyone pays fees, however PL pays more fees than anyone else, so if your breaking down the dollars and cents then technically they should play. everyone else gets special treatment with a full round robin postseason and pennant competition whereas PL get none.

lotharMathaus
wrote on 08-Jun-17 10:04

Buddy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yes everyone pays fees, however PL pays more fees > than anyone else, so if your breaking down the > dollars and cents then technically they should > play. > > everyone else gets special treatment with a full > round robin postseason and pennant competition > whereas PL get none. How much more do u pay? u also get a ref & 2 linos every week - most don't

dumb
wrote on 08-Jun-17 10:07

Prems is the most competitive comp in the GHFA, if you don't like the fact we get priority either play in it or jog on you flog

Yeah but nah...
wrote on 08-Jun-17 10:07

Buddy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yes everyone pays fees, however PL pays more fees > than anyone else, so if your breaking down the > dollars and cents then technically they should > play. > > everyone else gets special treatment with a full > round robin postseason and pennant competition > whereas PL get none. PL/SL gets 18 regular season rounds. Everyone else gets 14. There is rarely a full round of 3 semi finals/pennant comp games, some years there are none and 1st & 2nd go straight to GF. PL/SL only pay about $20 more assoc fee's than AA. PL/SL are almost always fully covered with a ref & 2 AR's. AA games sometimes have no officials. Your logic is flawed. If anything PL/SL gets the special treatment.

good enough
wrote on 08-Jun-17 11:07

dumb is right. If you're good enough, you will join us in PL

THE ROCK
wrote on 08-Jun-17 11:07

so do other teams this weekend have a Sat/Mon scheduled game? I think not. GHFA have to work out a way to schedule 18 rounds for SL/PL, while others get 14 games. They usually leave 1 week for rain, but if this weekend is washed out, it's most likely a double header at some point. As for who deserves to play, we all do. I think the higher divisions of all age groups should be given priority compared to the lower divisions in pecking order, ie PL, SL, AA1,35/1,45/1,U21..... Typically Ghfa will cancel the round not to disadvantage a team.

reality
wrote on 08-Jun-17 11:08

if youre good enough youre not paying to play pl, youre getting paid to play... also if a pl/sl round gets washed out it gets replayed any other age group/division youre extremely lucky to get a replay so that 14 rounds goes down even further we already get to play more games and get a full set of referees every week why should we kick other fee payers off the field

wehave
wrote on 08-Jun-17 12:04

Rock, Think you will find that ALL 6 Team competitions have a game scheduled for both days :)

Proof
wrote on 08-Jun-17 14:01

reality Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if youre good enough youre not paying to play pl, > youre getting paid to play... > > also if a pl/sl round gets washed out it gets > replayed > any other age group/division youre extremely lucky > to get a replay so that 14 rounds goes down even > further > > we already get to play more games and get a full > set of referees every week > > why should we kick other fee payers off the field Provide a recent example of a competition not playing the 14 rounds?

THE ROCK
wrote on 08-Jun-17 14:06

Your kidding, 35's and 45's?

just wanna play
wrote on 08-Jun-17 17:02

We have two artificial surfaces in the ghfa so why not use them for what they are meant for? I dont think PL or SL teams will argue the fact they didnt get a home ground advantage.

timmykruse
wrote on 08-Jun-17 19:05

>>We have two artificial surfaces in the ghfa so why not use them for what they are meant for? I dont think PL or SL teams will argue the fact they didnt get a home ground advantage They may be 10 artificial turfs but the assoc. still find it too difficult to reschedule matches

Teacher
wrote on 08-Jun-17 20:06

Ignoramuses, There are 2 not 10 artificial turfs. There are approx. 55 games scheduled Monday for PL, SL, 6 team comps and a few catch up games Teams that are behind games already should get precedent eg YMCA & EEW 45/1 are 2 games behind Penno should be used on Saturdays when other grounds are washed out if the forecast isn't horrendous (1 round last year we got about 80mm that day but people bemoaned on this forum) I looked forward to the 17/1 and 19/1 play whilst PL is called off Penno should be used for Friday night games (like under 21 game the other week) Penno should regularly have 5pm and 7pm games - give AA, 35s, 45s, PL 2 games per season. Get your moneys worth Councils should leave it to clubs to decide Monday fixtures. I don't ever recall a season where 14 rounds weren't played. Potentially 88 which was very wet year

King shit on turd island
wrote on 08-Jun-17 21:00

Lol pl players thinking theyre king shit

Old Timer
wrote on 08-Jun-17 21:08

Looks like we might have 2 weekends in a row off. Weather forecast to next Thursday has significant rain forecast every day. Don't think we played 14 rounds in that wet year which I thought was 89. If I had to guess thought it was about 10 rounds. At times you thought it would never stop raining and it was time to build an Ark. Some grounds were closed permanently for the year by June like Meadowbank 1 as the bottom of the ground was a deep bog. Some Associations gave up and called off their competitions in late June. I don't think most All Age or 0/35's players care if PL get preferential treatment for fixtures as it should be more about catching up with mates and having beers after the game. There should be a reward for being in the highest grade, just like in cricket the higher grades play on turf.

Snobby pl player in a gstring
wrote on 08-Jun-17 23:00

Old Timer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Looks like we might have 2 weekends in a row off. > Weather forecast to next Thursday has significant > rain forecast every day. > > Don't think we played 14 rounds in that wet year > which I thought was 89. If I had to guess thought > it was about 10 rounds. At times you thought it > would never stop raining and it was time to build > an Ark. Some grounds were closed permanently for > the year by June like Meadowbank 1 as the bottom > of the ground was a deep bog. Some Associations > gave up and called off their competitions in late > June. > > I don't think most All Age or 0/35's players care > if PL get preferential treatment for fixtures as > it should be more about catching up with mates and > having beers after the game. There should be a > reward for being in the highest grade, just like > in cricket the higher grades play on turf. Mate what are YOU on lol. Ur reading the chinese forecast. Also dont be gullable to forecasts a week in advance

cancelled rounds
wrote on 09-Jun-17 09:06

i distinctly remember back in u/15s or 16 1s missing out on a round when playing in the granville comp only reason i remember is because it cost us playing in champions of champions we were only 2nd on goal difference by 1 goal and the round that wasnt replayed we were meant to play last place while first place was playing 3rd first place went on to lose the champions of champions grand final ina close game i remember it happening a few times over the years, but this was in the granville comp

cancelled
wrote on 09-Jun-17 10:00

Thanks for that mate, what a fantastic story.

FBI
wrote on 09-Jun-17 11:06

Email has been sent by City of Ryde Council to sporting bodies @ 10.12am this morning that grounds are officially closed across the long weekend.

Tim bailee
wrote on 09-Jun-17 14:04

Says grounds are open... ?

phoenix
wrote on 09-Jun-17 14:07

Only game still not on atm is ravens sta

open
wrote on 09-Jun-17 14:07

Councils update wet weather lines twice a day - Ryde's were closed friday morning for daytime use but then after it didnt rain all day they opened most of them for Friday night and the weekend

n00b
wrote on 09-Jun-17 14:09

WPH vs MAC @ Macquarie Uni Sports Fields is questionable also.. http://www.mq.edu.au/about/campus-services-and-facilities/sport-and-recreation/sport-and-aquatic-centre/sport-fields/wet-weather-field-closure-information

open
wrote on 09-Jun-17 15:01

From GHFA website re: overnight rain - "Where there is rain after 2pm on Fridays or over the weekend, the decision to close a field rests with the club. The club will consider whether it is safe to use, or whether there is a likelihood of damage to the field. The referee also has the final say as to whether a field is fit to play on. Therefore, in some cases fields will be closed even if the Council website says they are open."

ox
wrote on 09-Jun-17 15:03

All games on but may be moved around the weekend. What happens when it buckets down tonight and GHFA have said all games go ahead? is it up to the clubs then?

?
wrote on 09-Jun-17 15:06

fbi u making crap up or is the council as stupid as they look?

confused
wrote on 09-Jun-17 15:08

If games get called off tomorrow does Normo v EEW go ahead??

open
wrote on 09-Jun-17 16:00

fbi made it up - ryde closed their grounds for friday daytime use only (schoolkids) - decision for weekends always made on friday afternoon at 2

FBI
wrote on 09-Jun-17 16:00

If I are able to attach this mornings email from council I will. Whether it was sent sooner rather than later, the important point is it was sent, rightly or wrongly.

I see said the blind man
wrote on 09-Jun-17 16:02

Cool then. Grounds r gonna get so fucked though if it goes ahead haha

I see
wrote on 09-Jun-17 16:04

Logical Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wouldn't it be good to see the GHFA move atleast > one of this weekends rounds to somewhere like > Penno Park with all Prem fixtures there back to > back, could atleast get one round in plus would be > something different for local football fans. Would > never happen though. > > Weekend off for sure I'm predicting. That is actually a sick idea... would different to watch fellow prem teams before and after ur game on the same pitch

Lol
wrote on 09-Jun-17 16:05

FBI Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If I are able to attach this mornings email from > council I will. > > Whether it was sent sooner rather than later, the > important point is it was sent, rightly or > wrongly. Important thing is... it doesnt matter what they sent u

open
wrote on 09-Jun-17 16:06

Dunno about you fbi but this is the email i got; says update at 2 - Current Status as at 9 June 2017 Due to wet conditions all sports grounds are currently CLOSED Except for E.L.S HALL 1 (Synthetic Field) The following fields are closed for ongoing maintenance work Meadowbank Park 7 & 8 Christie Park The next update will be made on Friday 9 June 2017 at 2.00PM Either way when it buckets down tonight and grounds are underwater tomorrow council having grounds open isnt going to matter that much

Tim Baileys ex
wrote on 09-Jun-17 16:06

ox Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > All games on but may be moved around the weekend. > What happens when it buckets down tonight and > GHFA have said all games go ahead? is it up to the > clubs then? Yeah will be at Penno Park on the astro at 5pm

Filler
wrote on 09-Jun-17 17:03

Looks like the Normo vs EEW game will go ahead then at Penno Park

Tim Bailey
wrote on 09-Jun-17 17:08

Weekend competition 10 - 12 June - CANCELLED Unfortunately the last downpour has closed more grounds and the Sat and Sun fixtures are now ALL cancelled and will be rescheduled to later in the season. A decision on Monday's matches will be made later on Saturday

FBI
wrote on 09-Jun-17 19:00

Yep, let's no worry what council sent out to some in error earlier in the day. Lucky for them a late phone call this afternoon got their backsides covered. Weekend games were never going ahead, just someone jumped the gun by wanting to go home early and get a head start on the roads heading out of Sydney.

lol
wrote on 09-Jun-17 21:04

FBI Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yep, let's no worry what council sent out to some > in error earlier in the day. > Lucky for them a late phone call this afternoon > got their backsides covered. > Weekend games were never going ahead, just someone > jumped the gun by wanting to go home early and get > a head start on the roads heading out of Sydney. fucked mate

Author:
Subject: