LOTG changes in PL/SL

Views: 193 Posts: 2
Juice
wrote on 16-Mar-17 10:02

Now that I've crossed to the dark side and blowing a whistle rather than blowing at the whistle, and seeing as communication in the association is not the greatest, whether from the top down, or from the clubs up, I thought it prudent to bring to your attention some rule changes in the LOTG that will be in play this season that will probably cauase the most contention. Nearly every LOTG has a change or modification in one of the largest revisions of the LOTG in a long time. Some worth noting 1. Law 4 undergarments - MUST be the same colour as shorts or shirt sleeve with socks only of one colour (can't wear different coloured socks over the top of the main sock - some premadonnas like that sort of thing) this includes tape though I'm not sure how stringent PL/SL refs will be on tape :) 2. Law 14 Penalties - if a GK moves forward rather than across the line, and the penalty is either saved or missed, the penalty is retaken and the GK receives a yellow card. The difference here being the GK now receives a formal caution. Of course if the penalty is scored, no further action is taken and the goal stands. 3. Law 12.11 Perhaps the most significant for players to be aware of with regards to DOGSO (Denying an Obvious Goal Scoring Opportunity) a) There is no change to DOGSO ruling for offences committed outside the penalty area - direct free kick, red card. b) If a DOGSO occurs in the penalty area, a penalty is awarded - that hasn't changed. However, the colour of the card shown to the offending player will now vary. If in the process of DOGSO, the offending player uses their hands in any way to commit the offence (handball, holding/pulling/pushing the attacking player) or does not attempt at all to play the ball or the foul is a serious/violent foul, then it is a red card to accompany the penalty. Everything else is a caution only to accompany the peanlty. So if the offending player attempts to play the ball and it results in a foul DOGSO, it is a penalty and yellow card only. I'd imagine this will happen in the season so don't blow up at the ref if a player only receives a caution for DOGSO in these circumstances. 4. Law 8 Kick off - the ball simply has to move. It does not have to be moved in a forward direction first but simply just moved for the start of play. There is a stack of other changes which is summarised here - http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/dct/ffa-dtc-performgroup-eu-west-1/FFA%202016-2017%20Details%20of%20Law%20Changes_15fqmelf93o0h1c9mauodbr4wh.pdf Worth a read seeing as most of your clubs don't communicate this to teams. Another new addition to PL/SL (and all div 1 teams U12s and up) is e-team sheets. No more paper based ones but I guess your managers will be aware of this process. Enjoy preseason lads.

heckler
wrote on 16-Mar-17 12:06

You refing pl or sl this yeat juice?

Author:
Subject: