FFA Cup

Views: 9797 Posts: 77
Ange
wrote on 28-Feb-17 13:00

Draw is tomorrow arvo.
I notice Mac Uni aren't entering. Any other interesting news?

Cup King
wrote on 28-Feb-17 14:00

GHFA Clubs entered: Ararat FC, Epping Eastwood FC, Gladesville Ravens, Macquarie Dragons, North Epping Rangers, North Ryde SC, Pennant Hills FC, Putney Rangers, Redbacks FC, St Patricks FC, West Pennant Hills Cherrybrook & West Ryde Rovers Kenthurst and Districts & Glenhaven FC have also entered FFA Cup Love to see Kenthurst vs Epping Eastwood or WPH

What?
wrote on 28-Feb-17 14:08

North Ryde???? Their AA6 team?

reasoning
wrote on 01-Mar-17 08:01

Its a cup for a reason 'What'... Doesnt matter who the team is, its good to see them involved, and another club part of the cup. End of the day, we ALL lose in the cup, beccause I havent seen a GHFA Club make the final 32 yet. So what difference does losing round 2 or 3 or 4 make? I think even Ararat or Putney advanced further than PL teams last year. its all about who you draw

picasso
wrote on 01-Mar-17 16:01

So the big question is who drew who?

Tom
wrote on 01-Mar-17 21:02

* Round 2 Maroubra vs Ravens

Cup King
wrote on 01-Mar-17 21:05

2017 Westfield FFA Cup - ROUND 2 DRAW Lindfield FC v Pennant Hills FC 2017 Westfield FFA Cup - ROUND 3 DRAW Baulkham Hills FC v West Ryde Rovers Macquarie Dragons v University of NSW Gladesville Ravens v Avalon FC St Patricks FC v Riverstone Schofields North Ryde v Lindfield FC/Pennant Hills FC Lokomotiv Cove/Tumut Eagles v Ararat FC Cranebrook united v North Epping Rangers Dunbar Rovers ESFA v Putney Rangers Western Condors v Epping Eastwood Carrs Park v West Pennant Hills Cherrybrook Redbacks FC v Chatswood Rangers/Abbotsford FC Glenhaven FC v Western NSW Mariners Kenthurst & Districts v Prospect United

best draw?
wrote on 02-Mar-17 07:02

So who do you think got the best draw above? Looks like North Epping in my book. or maybe Ravens?

Gregor
wrote on 02-Mar-17 08:09

Going through all the games, I honestly think tge GHFA teams have a shot in every single game. Some will be difficult, yeah. But i think a win is a possibility in every game. Hopefully we get a few up

exception
wrote on 02-Mar-17 09:02

Except for North Ryde. I'm tipping 9-0 in that game whoever they play

random101
wrote on 02-Mar-17 17:03

So Epping Eastwood, Glenhaven, Kenthurst and Macquarie Dragons have drawn NSW State League opposition...while West Ryde Rovers have drawn Baulkham Hills FC, who are a decent unit in terms of results over the past few years when they were in the GDSFA (Granville) and now in the SHFA (Hills). To everyone else's fixtures, it's a flip of the coin pretty much! (metaphorically) :)

Rod
wrote on 02-Mar-17 18:06

So what are you saying? Those 4 clubs should win their games or lose them?

THE ROCK
wrote on 04-Mar-17 09:03

Well the West Ryde v Baulko will be a good indication as to how strong the hills comp it.

random101
wrote on 04-Mar-17 18:06

In other words, those 4 fixtures against State League opposition will be a great hit out regardless of the result/s.

random101
wrote on 04-Mar-17 18:08

Yep and I agree THE ROCK! To either show that they're apart of a strong competition or that they're not as good as teams from the GHFA.

form guide
wrote on 06-Mar-17 19:02

THE ROCK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well the West Ryde v Baulko will be a good > indication as to how strong the hills comp it. STA and tigers both played narrabeen in the last two weeks STA lost 2-0 and Eastwood spanked 5-0. and i heard pittwater spanked kenthurst also. strong comp out beaches way by the look of it

kinkeee
wrote on 06-Mar-17 21:03

looks like a lot of spanking going around..

kinkeee
wrote on 06-Mar-17 21:03

looks like a lot of spanking going around..

beach bums
wrote on 07-Mar-17 12:09

Normo beat Seaforth last week out at Narrabeen High School

yeah normo
wrote on 07-Mar-17 17:04

sounds about right, go normo

Tab
wrote on 08-Mar-17 10:07

Seaforth ran last 2016.

Sportsbet
wrote on 08-Mar-17 11:04

Tab Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Seaforth ran last 2016. Incorrect, Manly Allambie ran last in 2016, Seaforth were 8th (not much better)

THE ROCK
wrote on 08-Mar-17 12:06

I dont think trials are much to look into, but a full blown cup game when its on the line is a different story. Having said that, I think the beaches comp is strong as they have had a few top teams make the champions of champions final from memory.

Tab
wrote on 08-Mar-17 15:01

That's a good result for Normo cause they ran 9th.Pittwater spanked hawks by 6 not Kenthurst on the weekend.

GHFA Clubs
wrote on 09-Mar-17 11:09

So heres an interesting one. Rank the teams as to where you think they'll finish. Taking into account draws, future opponents; Mine are; Qualify for Round of 32 Round 7 Round 6 Round 5 Gladesville Ravens (Easy draw) North Epping Rangers (easy run until macarthur) West Pennant Hills Cherrybrook (easy draw) Ararat FC (easy run until blacktown) Round 4 West Ryde Rovers (easy draw but will fall here) St Patricks FC (will lose to mounties) Round 3 North Ryde (will lose by 5+) Putney Rangers (will lose by 5+) Redbacks FC (chatswood rangers will win) Macquarie Dragons (lose by 7+) Epping Eastwood (tough game first up if they win, then round 5) Round 2 Pennant Hills FC (tough game first up. going home early)

Doug
wrote on 09-Mar-17 12:07

Have to disagree somewhat. Chatswood will not beat Redbacks. Putney and Mac Dragons to get smashed? I doubt that

reference
wrote on 09-Mar-17 13:02

yeah, because putney's 11-0 loss and dragons 8-0 loss bode well for them

Doug
wrote on 09-Mar-17 13:03

So is this the exact same Putney squad and Dragons squad as this time last season? And did they play the same opposition?

Bobo
wrote on 09-Mar-17 14:00

Doug's on drugs!

reference
wrote on 09-Mar-17 14:06

hey, lets just see how it goes. Would love to be proven wrong Doug. Love seeing GHFA sides do well. Just thinking realistically, its either the teams that have some okay track record in the comp, are the very good sides (think EEW, etc) or have no state league teams in the first few rounds that will do best..... IMO. but time will tell...

Doug
wrote on 09-Mar-17 15:05

A clown called Bobo accusing me of being on drugs

updates
wrote on 13-Mar-17 10:03

ravens beat maroubra 4-2 and penno beat lindfield 3-1 so theyre joining the rest of the teams in round 3 also the state league team kenthurst are playing are nothing special and if kenthurst are anything like they were last year i see them putting a few past prospect

draw
wrote on 13-Mar-17 11:04

how do you work out who plays who in the next rounds im on the ffa cup website and it just says undecided and cant seem to find an alternate view

TG
wrote on 13-Mar-17 11:05

Get the little monkey to peddle faster. Sound like penno's improved cause lindfield's not a bad outfit.

extra time
wrote on 13-Mar-17 13:05

its was 1 all at 90 mins and penno scored 2 in extra time typical penno style all fitness anyone know how to view the full draw so yhou can tell you youre going to come up against

Eric Clapton
wrote on 14-Mar-17 08:07

http://results.theffacup.com.au/comp_info.cgi?a=ROUND&round=3&client=0-10664-0-441128-0&pool=1 Try this site. Penno now play North Ryde at Magdala on Sunday Ravens play Rydalmere Lions Fc on Wednesday 22nd under lights at Rydalmere Park

DNA42
wrote on 14-Mar-17 14:00

knockout tree Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > is there any way to view the ffa cup in draw form > so you can see who you may potentially play if you > keep making it through the rounds? Try here: http://www.footballnsw.com.au/index.php?id=149&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=12079&cHash=9747b93e0deb5b0ca83d61a256f2fefd

knockout tree
wrote on 14-Mar-17 14:04

is there any way to view the ffa cup in draw form so you can see who you may potentially play if you keep making it through the rounds?

knockout tree
wrote on 15-Mar-17 07:04

thanks dna dont know why they dont have a draw like last year in tree form that makes it real easy to see whats going on

Your club
wrote on 15-Mar-17 11:01

Your club received the draw in the format you mentioned above

Got one right
wrote on 18-Mar-17 17:06

GHFA Clubs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So heres an interesting one. > > Rank the teams as to where you think they'll > finish. Taking into account draws, future > opponents; > > Mine are; > > Qualify for Round of 32 > > Round 7 > > Round 6 > > Round 5 > Gladesville Ravens (Easy draw) > North Epping Rangers (easy run until macarthur) > West Pennant Hills Cherrybrook (easy draw) > Ararat FC (easy run until blacktown) > > Round 4 > West Ryde Rovers (easy draw but will fall here) > St Patricks FC (will lose to mounties) > > Round 3 > North Ryde (will lose by 5+) > Putney Rangers (will lose by 5+) > Redbacks FC (chatswood rangers will win) > Macquarie Dragons (lose by 7+) > Epping Eastwood (tough game first up if they win, > then round 5) > > Round 2 > > Pennant Hills FC (tough game first up. going home > early) I'll give you the fact you picked the putney hammering. Penno would have surprised you though.

SKY SPORTS
wrote on 20-Mar-17 10:02

Rangers 4-1 winners any other results.

Cup King
wrote on 20-Mar-17 12:02

I believe: Macquarie Dragons v University of NSW 0-7 Lokomotiv Cove v Ararat FC 4-0 Cranebrook united v North Epping Rangers 1-4 Dunbar Rovers ESFA v Putney Rangers 6-0 Redbacks FC v Abbotsford FC 3-4 in extra time all other games washed out or scheduled for midweek

Muppets
wrote on 26-Mar-17 17:07

Prospect 5 Kenthurst 1 The champs(chumps?) of GHFA looked very mediocre today. Played off the park by an average Propsect outfit. They spent more time moaning at the referee than actually playing football! Noticed they had big Juice in goals too, thought the bloke retired?

onlooker
wrote on 27-Mar-17 08:02

Wasnt as bad as the score line I thought. 1-1 all at 1/2 time. There was a 10min period prospect put in 3 goals with kenthurst claiming the offsied for all 3. 1 or 2 of them I thought they definitely had a case for but not to be. Looked to be a mixed team for kenthurst and yes juice was in the goals but I think he was only filling in as I believe they dont have a keeper for either grade yet.

Okhereitis
wrote on 27-Mar-17 08:05

Squad is down 16 players from last year. Mainly first graders. No keepers yet. The hills move was the catalyst. Will be tough to compete. Nothing lasts forever.

petza
wrote on 27-Mar-17 09:09

EEW lost 3-2 to Western Condors last night. 2-2 after normal time and copped a late goal with 3 mins left in extra time.

ffa
wrote on 27-Mar-17 10:06

2 - 10 North Ryde SC v Pennant Hills SC 0 - 5 Carss Park FC v West Pennant Hills Cherrybrook FC

No defence
wrote on 27-Mar-17 11:08

How do you concede 2 goals when you're good enough to put 10 past a team

Jake Currie
wrote on 27-Mar-17 12:06

We were losing 2-1, so i subbed myself on. 9 goals in 20 mins. Standard nights work

FCB
wrote on 27-Mar-17 14:00

Bayern also won 10-2. Are you questioning them too?

i was there man
wrote on 27-Mar-17 15:07

No defence Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How do you concede 2 goals when you're good enough > to put 10 past a team the team went home early at 85 min, just enough time for north rocks to walk two goals in

No defence
wrote on 29-Mar-17 06:00

Looks like ito going to be a tough year for penno if they let a team like north Ryde put 2 past them they don't have much hope when playing a good team

Elrich Fan Boi
wrote on 29-Mar-17 21:07

Ravens 2 - Elrich 1

Giant killer
wrote on 29-Mar-17 22:03

Pl3 team down watch out sta

Jokers
wrote on 29-Mar-17 22:05

Baulkham Hills 5-0 West Ryde Rovers are pathetic, they spent more time arguing amongst themselves than playing football. Their goalkeeper is a muppet too, continuously blaming his defenders for the early goals and then gives away 3 goals himself with some comical goalkeeping. Where was the skipper, #8, to sort it out?!?? Are you sure this is a 'premier' league team?!?! I'm making an early season prediction: WRR for relegation, will be very surprised if this average bunch win more than 2 games this season.

Curious observer
wrote on 05-Apr-17 16:01

Where abouts and what time is the NER game tonight?

ner game
wrote on 05-Apr-17 17:02

7pm North Epping Oval

NER
wrote on 05-Apr-17 20:09

NER win 3-1

David Gallop
wrote on 05-Apr-17 22:03

NER diving cheats again to win another game

phoenix
wrote on 06-Apr-17 19:06

Who did they play?

Eric Clapton
wrote on 07-Apr-17 08:06

MacArthur Rams

THE ROCK
wrote on 07-Apr-17 09:05

Top job NER. Knocking off Macarthur Rams.

Eric Clapton
wrote on 07-Apr-17 09:06

Phoenix when do you boys play Waverley?

nud
wrote on 07-Apr-17 09:08

They beat kellyville kolts. Both sides not playing all their firstys play Bulli Fc next who beat an NPL2 team macarthur rams

Eric Clapton
wrote on 07-Apr-17 10:06

They didn't...Bulli Fc did

RAV
wrote on 07-Apr-17 14:02

Ravens play Waverley on Good Friday, 6pm at Waverley.

Interested
wrote on 12-Apr-17 10:04

What teams are left in the cup and when are they scheduled to play ?

Campbell field or park
wrote on 12-Apr-17 12:01

FFA cup site says campbell field at Macquarie Uni. Is it Campbell Park your home ground Matthews or the Mac Uni field ?

Matthews
wrote on 12-Apr-17 12:01

WPH play tonight against St George City - Campbell Park

Matthews
wrote on 12-Apr-17 13:09

Our home ground yep

phoenix
wrote on 14-Apr-17 21:05

Ravens lost 2-1 to Waverly old boys

Young boy
wrote on 14-Apr-17 23:09

Waverley must be terrible

Benny
wrote on 15-Apr-17 04:00

Waverley looked comfortable and had to play the whole of the second half with 10 men after their keeper got sent of just before half time.

one night only
wrote on 19-Apr-17 10:02

NER oval tonight 7pm K/O against Bulli

Ranch
wrote on 19-Apr-17 12:07

Hey are you guys selling burgers and beers tonight?

Eric Clapton
wrote on 19-Apr-17 22:06

Rangers lost 4-1 after being up 1-0 at HT. Played well but ran out of legs. Will challenge top 4 this season me thinks.

Author:
Subject: