Ghfa Deserve Better Grounds

Views: 1116 Posts: 11
$$$$
wrote on 02-Feb-17 18:03

I think we can all agree that the GHFA competition has the most overcome, drub fields in Sydney's surrounding suburbs. Thank fuck for PH for putting an effort in and actually fixing this for once. But what about the other clubs... I know for a fact most clubs choose the cheap liable option of re turfing each year. BUT WHY BOTHER, I do not mean to protrude home grounds like peel park or Normanhurst oval but the ground is shocking. I believe that all clubs should come together with the board of GHFA to fix these horrendous grounds. Its quite sad because the level of football should be matched with the pitch. And the game has grown more competitive lately thus more civilised and not so much a park football muck about.

Rant over cunts

Idiot
wrote on 02-Feb-17 19:01

Your holding balls to tight dickhead all grounds are owned by councils nob.

knob
wrote on 03-Feb-17 07:01

If you didnt know the grounds are owned by council, then you are a knob who doesnt put an ounce of effort into the game, and likes to just complain all day. Many clubs would welcome the opportunity to work on their grounds, but unfortunately 1) none of them own the ground, 2) it is usually shared with another code I suggest you join your local clubs administration side and hit up some of the council meetings and voice your opinions.

Idiot
wrote on 03-Feb-17 10:02

Yeah well said knob.

MT
wrote on 03-Feb-17 10:09

Our club use what should be one of the best grounds in GHFA. When it's nice, it's definitely one of the best. But council don't give two hoots. Every year or two they "fix" it and it ends up looking shocking. The grass grows in time for Round 1 then a couple of weeks later it's shit again. Instead of spending time and money to do it properly it always seems to be a quaick-fix. We are even going to go at nightime and cover it with the proper topsoil at our club's expense

J
wrote on 03-Feb-17 11:07

knob Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you didnt know the grounds are owned by > council, then you are a knob who doesnt put an > ounce of effort into the game, and likes to just > complain all day. > > Many clubs would welcome the opportunity to work > on their grounds, but unfortunately 1) none of > them own the ground, 2) it is usually shared with > another code > > I suggest you join your local clubs administration > side and hit up some of the council meetings and > voice your opinions. And what ground is that exactly?

backyard
wrote on 03-Feb-17 14:07

my backyard

1st world problems
wrote on 05-Feb-17 21:07

Ha! First world problems

Flostie
wrote on 30-Mar-17 13:08

$$$$ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think we can all agree that the GHFA competition > has the most overcome, drub fields in Sydney's > surrounding suburbs. Thank fuck for PH for putting > an effort in and actually fixing this for once. > But what about the other clubs... I know for a > fact most clubs choose the cheap liable option of > re turfing each year. BUT WHY BOTHER, I do not > mean to protrude home grounds like peel park or > Normanhurst oval but the ground is shocking. I > believe that all clubs should come together with > the board of GHFA to fix these horrendous grounds. > Its quite sad because the level of football should > be matched with the pitch. And the game has grown > more competitive lately thus more civilised and > not so much a park football muck about. > > Rant over cunts what's the point of having a water proof ground when there are no games when other closes? all matches off on this better ground. take a week off boys

phoenix
wrote on 30-Mar-17 16:00

We've already had 3 weeks off Hopefully it's sunny tomorrow

THE ROCK
wrote on 30-Mar-17 16:03

I think you will find that most clubs will contribute to a ground upgrae if they had a chance. It's not 100% council funding. might be 80/20 or something like that.

Author:
Subject: