Macquarie Dragons
Ararat
Thornleigh
Ryde Saints United
Northern HFC
West Ryde Eagles

really?
wrote on 20-Jan-17 14:09

They are really letting Saints back in after that embarrasment in 2016? And West Ryde Eagles..... where did that come from?

Mal Nutrition
wrote on 21-Jan-17 09:05

WRE acquired a team from Dundas or somewhere

Fold the association
wrote on 21-Jan-17 10:00

Mal Nutrition Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > WRE acquired a team from Dundas or somewhere Another team leaving the 'peaceful' and 'incident free' Granville association, I wonder why....

THE ROCK
wrote on 21-Jan-17 16:02

if its the old dundas team, they will be strong!

Dumbdas
wrote on 22-Jan-17 10:08

Nah.. i think they will struggle to stay in the comp... granville quality is ALOT lower than ghfa

TG
wrote on 22-Jan-17 12:03

More than half of those SL teams are struggling for numbers.I can see some of those teams losing by big scores week in week out and some even cheating the system.With the exception of Redbacks and Epping FC the rest should play AA and make it a 12 team PL comp it can work it just fine tuning. Your thought gents.

Yolo
wrote on 22-Jan-17 15:00

My predictions for this season Wph or hawks to win the PL Relegation will go to macquarie uni.. they will start okay.. but once their imports go for uni holiday they will go 6 weeks without a point. Sl Rebacks to win by a landslide Relegation Northern hfc or eagles by goal diff

whats the story?
wrote on 22-Jan-17 20:05

any indication of the schedule yet? 14 games, 18 or 21 this season?

whats the story?
wrote on 22-Jan-17 20:06

whats the story? Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > any indication of the schedule yet? 14 games, 18 > or 21 this season? *i mean for super league obviously. Cause who gives a shit about ghfa premier league??

Greg
wrote on 22-Jan-17 22:04

TG the big man with his newly promoted club

unicorn
wrote on 23-Jan-17 08:04

north epping is pretty much the old dundas team if west ryde eagles are players from dundas that have come over id say it would be the recent years dundas which were super league and mid table in granvilles stupid 13 team pl last year. and people criticising saints obviously havnt been in the league for very long there have been lots of other teams that have had to forfeit games towards the end of the season even in PL it always happens

TG2
wrote on 23-Jan-17 08:05

TG, You thoughts are flawed on the matter of weak SL teams. Teams use years of SL to build a competitive squad. Your suggested model of 12 PL teams and AA would increase the barriers to entry into PL. Temas wouldnt be able to build a "squad" and grow into a PL team. You think WRR were top 2 every year in SL? no. they toiled away for a few years before they got the growth required. Same for North Epping when they first came down. Same for Macq Uni Dont be surprised to see teams that you are writing off now, being PL teams in a few year (moderately successful PL teams) like Putney, Patties, etc...

never both grades
wrote on 24-Jan-17 13:03

agree unicorn, but never seen both grades forfeited due to an in-team split/breakup

TG
wrote on 24-Jan-17 15:06

Can someone tell us the last time a PL team forfeited a game cause I don't think there has been.SL teams always. To my previous post why dont they have a larger AA1 comp where clubs can enter 2 teams say a red and blue teams. Also TG2 I can't see puntney or patties in prems within the next 10 or so years.

unicorn
wrote on 25-Jan-17 07:01

if they did have an in team split then im assuming a lot of the players will not be coming back, so if they can get enough new players to join i think we should give them another chance hell look how many chances roselea got st pats were up there last year TG if they can maintain most of their team and add a few extras they could be pushing for promotion this year

unicorn
wrote on 25-Jan-17 07:03

and sorry tg i just realised i was thinking about when i played in the granville comp when saying pl teams had forfeited

10years
wrote on 25-Jan-17 08:09

TG, your a smart guy, and I love your posts, so dont take this as an attack... but if you can see forward into the future 10 years, can you give the rest of us some insight to other matters, such as the next US President, perhaps whether the $AUD will go up or down against the greenback, and perhaps the future of housing affordability in Sydney for the next 10 years? sorry bud, but to say you cant see Putney in PL in the next 10 years is a bit of a joke statement. PS, I am not from Putney, just took exception to your comment about ANY team 10 years into the future.

Who knows
wrote on 25-Jan-17 10:04

Bit of a smart arse comment tbh. I can see 10 years into the future. Roselea are Premier League Champions and NER are in AA

TG
wrote on 26-Jan-17 08:05

Ok I'll back off. Good luck to all Players and coaches this season. NER in AA never.

Question
wrote on 29-Jan-17 12:09

Has there been a team that has won the SL comp and then won the PL comp the following year. Or is the nerds going to be the first.

Father Christmas
wrote on 29-Jan-17 21:00

Gentlemen, Don't say i didn't look after you all for Christmas. Made a few moves and got Kenthurst into a new comp giving you all a chance to lift the trophy this year. Good luck to you all. Yours in red and white, St nick

athiest
wrote on 31-Jan-17 15:08

Father Christmas Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Gentlemen, > > Don't say i didn't look after you all for > Christmas. Made a few moves and got Kenthurst into > a new comp giving you all a chance to lift the > trophy this year. > > > Good luck to you all. > > Yours in red and white, > > St nick Good. Now we can look forward to the future

lurk
wrote on 01-Feb-17 17:02

Question Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Has there been a team that has won the SL comp and > then won the PL comp the following year. > Or is the nerds going to be the first? Nerds will be the first to achieve this mighty feat. God speed!

kiwi .
wrote on 03-Feb-17 14:09

No dowt the worst compatisern ieve ceeen cince in agers.

THE ROCK
wrote on 20-Feb-17 13:06

Tg has a point, the top half of super league is super competitive compared with the bottom half. Although i love the idea of promotion/relegation, if we increased the PL to a 12 team comp and started it early/mid march and played 22 games (pretty long season with wash outs), and scrapped SL, it would do 2 things: -strengthen the AA comp -Make PL a little more interesting To enter PL, have a play off at the end of the season top 2 in AA v the bottom 2 in PL. Winners go to PL, loosers get relegated. Problems i can foresee are the comp becomes too long, esp with other cups/etc, and clubs would probably register 40 players to rotate them through out the year. This all may change next year when some other clubs jump to the hills association though. Thoughts?

Sceptic
wrote on 20-Feb-17 14:00

THE ROCK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Tg has a point, the top half of super league is > super competitive compared with the bottom half. > > Although i love the idea of promotion/relegation, > if we increased the PL to a 12 team comp and > started it early/mid march and played 22 games > (pretty long season with wash outs), and scrapped > SL, it would do 2 things: > -strengthen the AA comp > -Make PL a little more interesting > > To enter PL, have a play off at the end of the > season top 2 in AA v the bottom 2 in PL. Winners > go to PL, loosers get relegated. > > Problems i can foresee are the comp becomes too > long, esp with other cups/etc, and clubs would > probably register 40 players to rotate them > through out the year. > > This all may change next year when some other > clubs jump to the hills association though. > > Thoughts? Don't know how that would work Rock - if you relegate the bottom 2 clubs wouldn't that equal 4 teams going down given that PL has firsts and ressies? 4 doesn't fit into 2. Then you'd have the task of splitting each squad into 2 teams when relegated, which goes against the one squad not two teams mentality. Also how would clubs coming up from AA cope? They would have to find another 16 players to fill up their squad, we've already seen some clubs come up with poor depth e.g. Glenhaven from last year, Beecroft from a few years back and even YMCA more recently. I think the current system is fine, let Super League be the development league for sides that are new to the squad format and to let them build up enough strength over the years to compete in PL.

RT
wrote on 20-Feb-17 15:00

Fold the association Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mal Nutrition Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > WRE acquired a team from Dundas or somewhere > > > Another team leaving the 'peaceful' and 'incident > free' Granville association, I wonder why.... too much "cultural enrichment"

Author:
Subject: