2006 season preview

Views: 417 Posts: 7
Rocco Giocco
wrote on 09-Mar-06 13:06

Well the Rocco is back!!! and looking fitter than ever...he's lost his pasta belly!! Just keeping all informed that Brookie have had some of these trial games and it has been like a training session. Very easy and not much of a game....comfortable winners each time. almost like cricket score really...although us italians dont waste our time playing cricket. if we did though, our highlight of the day would be lunch and tea....a salami and antipasto bread roll would go down very well..... even a pizza if we could. Looks like brookie can book their place in the C of C already with our ominous form..... and more than likely we'll be playing Penno by the sounds of things at the moment from the ghfa trial games. Although i have heard rumours that roselea cud be a surprise packet.... anyway good luck for the season and see the winners at the C of C at the end of the season.... p.s Italy is paying $6 to win world cup. got up 4-1 vs Germany last week....guarenteed to make some money from they!!

What
wrote on 09-Mar-06 13:07

What?

LiamW
wrote on 09-Mar-06 14:06

Rocco I don't call a 3-1 loss to AL1 side Narrabeen good preparation!! I see you have flashed the cash again and poached Jurgen from Wakehurst!! Some things never change.

Phantom
wrote on 09-Mar-06 15:01

I have to agree here with Rocco. (for once) Roselea are definitly going to be tougher than everyone is expecting...

Know it All
wrote on 09-Mar-06 17:03

Why is that Phantom ?? I know trials are just that but the Rosebuds got spanked by Forrestville Killarney 5-1 or 4 nil, and they just came up from the 2nd division. Then the next week North Sydney Bears beat Killarney 8-1 and the bears haven't won the Kuringai league for ???? who knows, a long time anyway. as I said you can't take too much from trials but with those scores I don't loose a lotta sleep over them. Their big catch "Simon someone" played for Killarney against them. So surely he wont be going to a team that he has just spanked. Rocco maybe right about Penno tho. they had their second 8-1 win of the pre-season. THey have got to be favourites scoring that many goals.

Phantom
wrote on 10-Mar-06 10:05

Is just my opinion mate. Guess we wait and see. You say you cant take too much from trials, but then you go on about pennos 8-1 wins??? and they would have to be favourites??? WTF?? Please explain.

Know It All
wrote on 10-Mar-06 10:05

I know I said that but if you are scoring 8 goals per game, something must be working. Some teams just don't take the trials all that seriously, whereas others do. But if you are banging in 8 every second week I'd say you are doing well. OK so it will be a 2 horse race but my tip as favourites would have to be Penno. Especially as no one has backed up as Premiers since 1994/5 and St.A's have lost a few. As long as the games are good value and everybody enjoys themselves does it really matters who wins.

Author:
Subject: