Semi
wrote on 20-Aug-16 16:09

Any results today ?

Horse
wrote on 20-Aug-16 17:05

Normo won 2-1 I think. Woodies 1-0.

giddy up
wrote on 20-Aug-16 18:02

Normo 2-1 HWK ressies Sta 1-0 HWK 1sts Ken on pens 2-2 after extra time resizes v WPH Ken 3-0 half time 1sts v WPH GF Resizes KEN v Nor KEN v STA (assumed)

Results...
wrote on 20-Aug-16 19:07

Normo 2-1 hawks Ken 2-2 wph - kenthurst 4-2 wph PENS Sta 1-0 hawks Ken 4-1 wph

hillbilly
wrote on 20-Aug-16 20:03

Hawks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No grand finals for Hawks. poor show

hillbilly
wrote on 20-Aug-16 20:06

>>Ken on pens 2-2 after extra time resizes v WPH left at HT.. wph was all over ken. gee that KEN striker must have missed at least 3 chances to add to the score at HT. costly..

hillbilly
wrote on 20-Aug-16 20:06

hillbilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > >>Ken on pens 2-2 after extra time resizes v WPH > > > left at HT.. wph was all over ken. > gee that KEN striker must have missed at least 3 > chances to add to the score at HT. costly.. sorry i meant WPH

Agree
wrote on 20-Aug-16 21:08

Yeah the ref had some pretty dubious decisions have to admit. But a hell of a free kick non the less

Please Explain
wrote on 20-Aug-16 21:09

Dear GHFA, Why aren't next weeks Grand Finals played at Penno Park? Until Christie is synthetic we should be playing all GFs at Penno Park. Make it happen.

Smoking
wrote on 20-Aug-16 21:09

What was the normo v hawks ref smoking? Has to be one of the worst displays of competent referring this year. Both coaches looked stunned at some of the calls....

Cow Paddock
wrote on 20-Aug-16 23:04

Went to watch a couple of the junior GFs at Christie in the morning then headed to Penno for PL in the arvo. Our "Home of the GHFA" at Christie is an absolute disgrace. Next weeks GFs should all be played at Penno.

Won't happen
wrote on 21-Aug-16 06:08

That would require common sense, which unfortunately when it comes to the GHFA, isn't at all common. You watch, one of the council blokes will spill their bottle of Coke on the field while mowing it and they will call the game off for the field being too wet. Then make everyone play on a Sunday when they couldn't be fucked.

Ask
wrote on 21-Aug-16 09:03

Has any one approached the ghfa to ask for a change of location for gf.? Maybe it's that simples.

iam stumped
wrote on 21-Aug-16 13:05

Won't happen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That would require common sense, which > unfortunately when it comes to the GHFA, isn't at > all common. You watch, one of the council blokes > will spill their bottle of Coke on the field while > mowing it and they will call the game off for the > field being too wet. Then make everyone play on a > Sunday when they couldn't be fucked. the most hillarious incident at christie would be the management bloke painting the whole side lines with his little roller while a GHFA cup is in progress

Serious bro?
wrote on 21-Aug-16 14:07

Wait are u serious?

leave it at christie
wrote on 22-Aug-16 07:03

playing the grand final at penno is a rediculous idea the whole season every team bar penno has been playing and training on shit fields week in week out and then you want to put the finals on a synthetic field that neither team is used to playing on ? the finals should be a representaion of the season and making teams play on synthetic does not achieve this also kenthurst would destroy st andrews on a synthetic pitch and i dont want that to happen

You didn't think about it
wrote on 22-Aug-16 08:05

And what happens next year when Christie is synthetic genius???

Why?
wrote on 22-Aug-16 08:06

STA will get destroyed by KEN on any surface. DD in the bag

i did
wrote on 22-Aug-16 11:02

ken hasnt destroyed sta at all this season with a loss and a draw and i guess when christie is synthetic it will just have to be played there i just think its stupid to move the season defining game from the field it has been on the last 5 years to a pitch that most teams ahve only experienced once or twice this season

akki
wrote on 22-Aug-16 11:06

leave it at christie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > playing the grand final at penno is a rediculous > idea > > the whole season every team bar penno has been > playing and training on shit fields week in week > out > > and then you want to put the finals on a synthetic > field that neither team is used to playing on ? > > the finals should be a representaion of the season > and making teams play on synthetic does not > achieve this > > also kenthurst would destroy st andrews on a > synthetic pitch and i dont want that to happen lets see your sentiments by friday :-)

Cow Paddock
wrote on 22-Aug-16 12:07

Some teams play on a flattish pitch that doesn't have such a significant down slope of the 3 or 4 degree's like Christie Park has. Main issue for Penno is fitting the spectators in and GHFA making the canteen money for the day. If we get the rain expected this week, Christie will be in even worse condition than it is now and we'll get to see everyone shinning the bobbles all day with everyone needing to take extra touches. Only upside is the rain will settle all of the dust on the pitch.

THE ROCK
wrote on 22-Aug-16 15:05

I just hope there are more grounds like penno park coming(and i know there are). I makes playing more enjoyable, injuries more predicatable etc. Not sure how it is on keepers as they are diving around all game, but as out field players, you can really play better football on it.

##33
wrote on 22-Aug-16 15:06

Hey rock I was hoping you were playing last week would have made so much easier to score with you on the field .

THE ROCK
wrote on 22-Aug-16 17:07

There was no chance you would have scored... also no chance you would be walking after 90! lol

Kenty
wrote on 22-Aug-16 17:08

I heard on Saturday that the Rock rolled the hawks coaching staff.

Juice
wrote on 22-Aug-16 17:08

Rock, speaking to a mate who plays NSW pl1 where they play most games on and train on synthetic pitches, the number of injuries has increased significantly. In fact, the increased likelihood of injury on synthetic pitches is the main reason for trial games between a league and NSW pl1 sides are not played on them but rather the traditional turf pitches. ... And you're right about gks lol. Currently sporting a few decent burns/grazes

TG
wrote on 22-Aug-16 18:00

Someone was telling on Saturday that penno had more ACL injuries this year than years gone by.

THE ROCK
wrote on 23-Aug-16 22:07

Far out Juice, That really shocks me. I would have thought quite the opposite. It must be because the grounds dont give as much as traditional ones do. I would imagine that's the reason? It's a catch 22 then, you want to play on good pitches where you can play decent football and risk injury, or play on pitches that are bumpy but dont get seriously injured? I'll take the low injury one every day.....

Common Sense
wrote on 24-Aug-16 11:09

More likely it's because people are still playing on it in traditional studded boots instead of boots specially designed for artificial grass.

not really
wrote on 24-Aug-16 14:03

artificial football fields are made so that standard boots can be used on them those specially designed ones are for sports like outdoor hockey

Smithy
wrote on 24-Aug-16 14:07

I don't know why more players don't wear grass cutters there a shoe not a boot and they give you more support where a boot doesnt.

razzler
wrote on 25-Aug-16 08:07

they're* football boots are designed to play football in... you can wear your 'grass cutters' if you want but dont complain when you pull a stevie g after i razzle you

Author:
Subject: