Arncliffe Aurora

Views: 20782 Posts: 41
juice
wrote on 07-Mar-06 07:01

Does anyone know anything about Arncliffe Aurora? We play them in rd1 of the Continental Cup... Having a look at the St George Assoc site, they did not play PL last year with their most senior being in the 17-1s. Mind that team won their comp having lost one game and scored 223 conceding only 8 in 18 rounds. Not a bad record.

Phantom
wrote on 07-Mar-06 08:07

Sounds like thats your team juice... You might be in trouble there. 223 goals that is unbelievable!!!

Don Quixote
wrote on 07-Mar-06 09:00

In round 17 of last season, they are listed as winning 145-1. They did make the U-17's CoC Final last year.

Juice
wrote on 07-Mar-06 09:02

Sound like they're full of running... could be a long night in the office

fattie
wrote on 07-Mar-06 11:02

is it at all possible to score 145 goals? 145/90 = 1.6 goals /minute b.s.h1t

DAMIEN
wrote on 07-Mar-06 16:06

when is this game and where?

Juice
wrote on 07-Mar-06 21:07

Wed 15th March at Christie. STA play Auburn Star (State League div2 I think) kick off at 6.30. We kick off at 8.15

|Fattie
wrote on 07-Mar-06 23:02

Auburn Star hmmmmmm i smell trouble. bring supporters.

Big Nose
wrote on 08-Mar-06 17:07

No, you smell a kebab with Chilli sauce. Of course there will still be trouble. Juice to bring back 'the headlock' to great acclaim.

fatso
wrote on 08-Mar-06 23:01

>>Juice to bring back 'the headlock' to great acclaim.<<< don't know about headlocks. just hoping no howlers like the one conceeded by the Werder Bremen goalkeeper.

Juice
wrote on 09-Mar-06 05:08

thanks fatso. i'll try my best not to though... :-)

George
wrote on 09-Mar-06 16:01

Grump, We've all played long enough to know that plenty of the ethnic teams are hot headed - not to mention their supporters. Take HFC for example last year. I understand your point but lets not be too politically correct and ignore the fact that an Auburn team would most likely have a few more hotheads than most.

Grump
wrote on 09-Mar-06 16:04

Very small minded people if your image of Auburn is that.Whats your opinion of Northern Beaches people and Cronulla.

Ben
wrote on 09-Mar-06 18:04

A girl from work knows the AUburn Stars. Her husband used to play.. She said they are reasonably good. I'll get the goss about the crowd violence on Monday.

Know it All
wrote on 09-Mar-06 18:08

Well Mr Grump, I would more likely say broad minded people, as Auburn Star is a Turkish mob who use the Star on the Turkish flag as the team/club moniker. I Have seen them n action before and the word action shouldn't be taken lightly. THey filled a garbage bin with paper and lit the bloody thing & threw it onto the field. Whereas my idea of Northern beaches/Cronulla would be Aussie surfy types. Having seen Cronulla RSL, Engadine Eagles, Pittwater & Dee Why to nme a few, they were predominately blonde or brown haired surfies OR pommies. SO in fact the steorotype fits.

Grump
wrote on 09-Mar-06 22:05

Very sheltered people i think.You must all be aussies who cant handle ethnic cultures or even have open minds about whats happening in your country.

Anonymous User
wrote on 09-Mar-06 22:06

Grump has a point, step outside the GHFA once and a while and you will see that over the fence of that square that you live in is a whole range of different people and their cultures, most Australian like you and me. You,ll find most ethnics have a quality called passion for the game, dont get it confused with violence.

Know It All
wrote on 09-Mar-06 22:09

Steady on Grumpy, my wife is ethnic & most of my friends are not dinky di Aussies. I don't even have any friends that I can surf with. I get on very well Damo of the Thunder & he seems Italian to me. So to clarify things: stereotyping & generalisations come about because of realizations not fairytales. Hence, I find your dribble extremely offensive & would wish you to keep your comments to yourself, because you do not know what you are talking about.

Anonymous User
wrote on 10-Mar-06 01:00

Know It All, You cant even call what you just wrote dribble... The fact is that these forums continually bag out ethnics with no real warranted reason and i,m sick of it. Yeah i,m Italian and get racism week in week out in the GHFA PL, not only from other teams but from my own to, why? Get over it.

Magilla
wrote on 10-Mar-06 06:08

We do not need to worry about the crowd, STA will be playing Toongabbie after they beat Auburn Star in a qualification match. Either way as far as I am concerned soccer is a game played on the pitch. Spectators, no spectators who cares. For all you racist idiots out there, go and have a look at an English premier league game and you will see more than bins being set alight. Do the players seem to give a toss I think not (except for maybe Cantina). Gallo I am dissappointed you feel other clubs are racially bias against you within the GHFA region. If most of us look back at our background we are all ethnic, after all Aust has only been around for 200 or so years. I am wog and happy with that. As for KFC, we had one of their lads come down and trial with us this year and he was one of the nicest blokes I have ever met. So even within teams it is wrong to sterio type. Good luck Juice in the Conti Cup, I hope you win through to the next round, as I hope we do. P.S. We play first round of season at the Wood Dome. I would like to extend a welcome to your squad to join us at the Eastwood Club for a couple of beers after the game. Hope at least yourself and Gus may join me for a quick beer. Cheers Micky

Juice
wrote on 10-Mar-06 08:09

Magilla, It would be worth the 'tea party' fine. I'm sure Gus would be happy to join in as well. Good luck to you guys as well in the Cont Cup. Will be watching from the stands. Hope to see the same entertaining brand of football you guys played last year. Juice

George
wrote on 10-Mar-06 09:09

Goodnight John Boy. Goodnight Jim Bob. Goodnight Grandpa. Goodnight Daddy. Goodnight Boys.

Know It All
wrote on 10-Mar-06 11:04

Gallo, you have me all wrong. I will say it slowly. I am not racist. (I thought that was my point) I took offense at someone calling me that. I am sorry if you get that from GHFA (especially your own, although I find it hard to believe that anyone at WPH would be racist toward their own). Magilla is correct. We are a hotch potch of nationalities, a cauldron of cultures. Where we draw the line is the nonsense that some carry on with, eg. the HFC violent crap. That is not tolerable. I don't care if you are black, white, yellow, red, gay, lesbian, hindu, aetheist or handicapped, if you can behave yourself socially, act sensibly & are a good bloke then we can be mates. End of story !!! (Although I draw the line at the Referees)

Joe
wrote on 10-Mar-06 12:09

Yes yes, all referees should be taken to a faraway, remote island and left there!

Know It All
wrote on 10-Mar-06 13:02

Yeah, after explaining the offside rule and the concept of 'playing the advantage'. Give them with a pair of linesman flags and leave them their after yelling "Play On" at them. Its cruel but fair.

Know It All
wrote on 10-Mar-06 13:02

Yeah, after explaining the offside rule and the concept of 'playing the advantage'. Give them with a pair of linesman flags and leave them their after yelling "Play On" at them. Its cruel but fair.

Grump
wrote on 10-Mar-06 16:09

Joe Where would any sport be without officials you one eyed fool wake up.We all dont like them but you have to in a way admire them for the crap they put up with come on leave them alone

Mitch Hell
wrote on 11-Mar-06 11:04

Oooo. Looks like we have some referees wandering around on this site as well!

Marty MCFLY
wrote on 11-Mar-06 15:00

Cmon KIDs, Its all bout de Game. p.s. Liverpool gooooone from champions league! they r shite...

Juice
wrote on 11-Mar-06 17:02

and who do support 'Mcfluff'? some other cliche team perhaps... United, Arsenal, Chelsea???? Go the Reds!!

Marty MCFLY
wrote on 11-Mar-06 19:08

To Mr Stay Pufft (Juice) Liverpool are a Greece at best, in the last decade anyway. Had some quality but no longer deserve any accolades. Take away Gerard and they would struggle for a Euefa Cup spot and thats in a shit house league. I wouldnt even bother following an EPL team. I think the A league is on its tail.

Juice
wrote on 11-Mar-06 22:06

Agreed McFly, still support them though... ever since Craig Johnson played for them.

Booze
wrote on 12-Mar-06 13:06

juice, you should support middlesborough since CJ also played for them

Juice
wrote on 13-Mar-06 08:03

No no, I watched the whatever year is was in the 80s the reds played in the FA Cup final and CJ played. I know I was quite young and he was an Ozzie, hence the support. I carried on from then. Ian Rush, Grobelaar (scuse spelling)... champions... though the later did disgrace himself later on with gambling Fair call though, they did win alot.

Birdman
wrote on 13-Mar-06 08:05

And supporting Liverpool isn't a cliche, Juice you grew up in the 80's when the reds won everything!!! Go the Hammers.

LiamW
wrote on 13-Mar-06 13:01

Now you are talking Juice! The glorious 80s!! It was good a time to be on Merseyside! I prefer 1985 myself the league, european cup winners cup and only a great goal from Norman Whiteside in the FA cup final stopped my beloved Everton claiming the double! 86 was a heartbreaker though when that big nosed welsh (former Everton supporter) f*ck Rush snotted two past us in the cup final and Johnstone (Playing football for Australia is like surfing for England) got the other one!! Everton were pipped to league by Liverpoolthat year as well!!I cried myself to sleep that night!! If I only I had a time machine!! I can't see the Toffees winning the league again in my lifetime unless we find a russian millionaire!!

Big Nev
wrote on 13-Mar-06 14:01

Ah Liam, my fellow blue nose. Can you really see anyone winning the EPL with out a Russian Billionare? Liverpoo will need at least 2.

Batts
wrote on 13-Mar-06 17:05

Juice, If you won't include the toe pock goal kick, and your hero is Bruce (rhymes with Juice) Grobalaar, why when are we gonna see the 'old wobbly legs' routine at Campbell Park ?? It would be pure GOLD. Oh go on...PLEASE !!!!

Anonymous User
wrote on 16-Mar-06 20:08

Speaking of this years Champions League, Italys top 3 clubs have made the final 8 in three out of the last 4 years with Inters win over Ajax last night.(to bad Eddie). Proving the Serie A is the top league in the world!!!!!!!!

romano
wrote on 16-Mar-06 22:04

but dont forget Roma was beaten by Middlesboro hah!

Anonymous User
wrote on 17-Mar-06 00:09

Roma used most of their fringe players in this game, they saved the regular line up for the serie a battle for next seasons champions league spots.

Author:
Subject: