Back to Normo Day

Views: 12540 Posts: 83
Main Event
wrote on 26-Apr-06 12:07

There is a big reunion this saturday at Harris Park, Normanhurst for the blockbuster match vs north epping. Inviting all current and past Normanhurst Eagles players, supporters, managers and coaches to get "Back to Normo" this saturday. A crowd of 2000 people is expected with a carnival style atmosphere with face painting, Tug-of-War, Voucher giveaways and a media shoot of the event to be taken at halftime in 1st grade. So everyone get along, wear Blue and support this great game of football come saturday

Who
wrote on 26-Apr-06 12:08

Who are you gonna bring batts?

Ranger
wrote on 26-Apr-06 13:00

Just scoped the Normanhurst website at www.normosports.com and there is a big flier promoting this saturday.

Top act
wrote on 26-Apr-06 13:01

Premier League needs more initiative shown like this. Well done Normanhurst. Raising the stakes of premier league with days like this can only be good for the game. Only wish we were playing in it this weekend

Copy of the flier from their website
wrote on 26-Apr-06 13:04

Back to Normo Day A celebration of the Normo spirit SATURDAY 29 APRIL 2006 FROM 1PM ONWARDS Premiers V’s North Epping Inviting All current and past Normanhurst Eagles Players, managers and coaches Wear your soccer kits to win 1 of 5 Rebel Sports vouchers worth $100. Plus Other prizes ! All players to wear the new “Supporting Australia Germany 2006” shirts for a media photo shoot – will be half-time of premiers game (4pm ish) Hopefully there will be a half time Tug o’war during Premier reserves game

Old Timer

Make sure that Retirement Village Van is on order again, seen it before at Normo Park.

Ranger

my goodness we're in trouble! The Normo fans are bad enough when there is only 40 or 50 of them... but 2000 of them and i don't think we should even set foot at Normo Park on saturday. Let's just call it a forfeit and use the pitch for all the wonderful festivities promised.

Back to WPH day

There is a big reunion this saturday at Campbell Park, WPH for the blockbuster match vs Pennant Hills. Inviting all current and past WPH players, supporters, managers and coaches to get "Back to WPH" this saturday.

wrote on 26-Apr-06 15:00

ranger, is that the best excuse you could come up with?

Ranger
wrote on 26-Apr-06 15:01

Thanks phantom for alluding snakehead to the rather obvious piss take of the situation. Much appreciated. But seriously it would be quite unreal if there were in fact close to that many people down at Normo on saturday. Would make for a terricifc contest.

Spectators
wrote on 26-Apr-06 15:03

Will north epping get in the spirit and bring down a crowd? Batts you should get your squad to encourage as many of your group to get down there and add to the day?

Phantom2000
wrote on 26-Apr-06 15:07

Snake great post mate, im pretty sure you will find it is a gee up.. or to put it in simple terms for you... he is joking.

the strongest man
wrote on 26-Apr-06 15:07

I'll be there for the tug o war...should be the real highlight of the day....why not do it in the middle of the pitch prior to kick off....oh what fun we will have!!!Batts,can you be in my squad as the anchor??any others please come and help us out,we will need a few to knock off the rowdy normo clan from this one!!!

Batts'
wrote on 26-Apr-06 17:00

With the way we are travelling I am not sure how many players we will have, let alone supporters. But I hope they have heats (half time in the stiffs), semis (between games)and finals (1st grade half time) of the pie eating comp. I'm in, and definately up for it.

Memo
wrote on 26-Apr-06 17:06

Batts try and organise for your boys to bring as many people to the game as possible to get a real carnival atmosphere up there, well be a great day either way. Tug-of-war starts at half time of ressies

Training
wrote on 26-Apr-06 17:07

north epping train tonight dont they batts. Promote it tonight then

the strongest man
wrote on 26-Apr-06 19:01

any other contenders??maybe from the wph aa1's,you should be able to miss a game seeing it is a canter even at this early stage.where is the birdman and friends???We could have a real carnival atmosphere with this one....stock up the canteen as we will need and endless supply of food!!bring it on....COME AND WATCH THE BIG(GER) MEN OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!

Barnaby
wrote on 26-Apr-06 19:02

All those fools at one venue ?? Circus.

Ben
wrote on 27-Apr-06 09:03

I actually received a call up from HC to play for 30 seconds... He said something about breaking someone's leg..... I happily agreed. Beware the bowls of loud mouth soup....

The grey area
wrote on 27-Apr-06 09:04

2000??? thats impressive if they can do that (doubt it though) If its been talked up a while i can see 500-600 happening. Good luck with getting a park. probably better to catch a train and walk

wrote on 27-Apr-06 09:09

the strongest man wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > maybe from the wph aa1's, you should be able to miss a game We play on Sunday this week, so most of us are heading down to watch the local Premier League derby between WPH and Penno. -- Edwa

J-man
wrote on 27-Apr-06 10:01

good suport Damo, sour grapes are bitter to swallow. I like Normanhursts initiative, i hope they do get a big crowd. Wish i could watch the game, and the local deby will also be good. WPH will be tough to beat at home.

DAMIEN
wrote on 27-Apr-06 10:08

2000? good luck.

DAMIEN
wrote on 27-Apr-06 11:03

Not sour grapes, just being realistic. 2000 ppl dont even get the a state league game, let alone park football.

J-man
wrote on 27-Apr-06 11:06

not with that attitude

wrote on 27-Apr-06 11:08

.. even at GHFA PL grand finale you couldn't get 1000 realistically you be looking at a crowd of say 60 Nerds and 500+ normo erectuses. 600 is a good figure for a saturday match. Penno v Nerds only had about 50 spectators.

Boz
wrote on 27-Apr-06 12:04

Ben Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I actually received a call up from HC to play for > 30 seconds... He said something about breaking > someone's leg..... I happily agreed. > > Beware the bowls of loud mouth soup.... I wonder who that could be Benjamin?

Ben
wrote on 27-Apr-06 13:02

What would you prefer Boz, legs or arms??

wrote on 27-Apr-06 14:00

Ben, weren't you a virgin until you were 21 years old?

Ben
wrote on 27-Apr-06 14:02

Still am. I'm waiting til i'm 40.

Boz
wrote on 27-Apr-06 14:03

Weird... I wonder why? Who is Ryan Manuel?

Boz
wrote on 27-Apr-06 14:03

Arms please... Crackers will be out there too so he will have to bring back old times and you two can sort it out!

Ben
wrote on 27-Apr-06 14:04

Ask Jen?

Ben
wrote on 27-Apr-06 14:08

I heard Tim Cover wants your head on a stick and you want to kill Ryan Manuel, and Cover wants his head too.. Wonder Why?

Oh Billy
wrote on 27-Apr-06 14:08

Oh dear

Boris
wrote on 27-Apr-06 14:09

Why mention the name Ben?? thats lame..

n00b
wrote on 27-Apr-06 15:05

What the fark?

Benny
wrote on 27-Apr-06 16:03

No

Pether
wrote on 27-Apr-06 16:07

Could all WPH/ex WPH issues be dealt with somewhere else? we dont want to know/read this crap. Ben can you go pretend to be tough (and funny) somewehre else? someone please start an all age forum for these tools.

n00b
wrote on 27-Apr-06 17:01

I don’t mind trying to be funny and\or being "tough", but why make shit personal? Mentioning names and going completely off topic?

Ben
wrote on 27-Apr-06 17:01

What is so bad about the posts? Get over it guys, just a bit of fun between mates. Boz is my best mate and has been for 19 years.... What we talk about has nothing to do with you. It may be on this forum, but you don't need to read and reply to it. It is not as if i haven't had my name sledged around. I comment and the whole god damn lot of you are crying fowl. Get some thicker skin. Boz knows it is just gags.. Too bad the rest of you don't.

Phantom2000
wrote on 27-Apr-06 17:06

Yeh im pretty sure admin should edit this post soon..

safe
wrote on 28-Apr-06 08:02

it think i speak for most of us when i say piss off ben. your'e a fool, egotistical and ugly. if you're going to make personal jokes make sure its not on the forum. no one cares.

safe
wrote on 28-Apr-06 10:00

using an alias to post on a forum is normal procedure. No one here suffers from low self esteem, we all play premier league. You expose yourself by posting your name, probably in a sad attempt to try and show others how much of a hero you are. pathetic. i'm intrigued though at your moronic attempt at psychology, what a tosser. you probably wont like this next comment but, can we talk about football?? its not all about you, you're gone. get over it.

Ben
wrote on 28-Apr-06 10:02

Another soft cock hiding behind a name. Why are you guys so soft that you can't use your real names. Are you afraid of retribution? I didn't know you were the "safe keeper" of this forum "safe". Who made you the boss? Personal attacks don't effect me safe, i don't have a self confidence problem or self esteem problem and need to hide behind fake names. I await for the anonymous reply (as usual).

Mbay
wrote on 28-Apr-06 10:03

arent they shoting a series 2 of Biggest Loser? you should go ben, and you could win in on both counts.

Ben
wrote on 28-Apr-06 10:06

I hope so.

Ben
wrote on 28-Apr-06 11:00

Safe, Some good points. As for the hero part, you must feel like such a hero launching grenades from a distance. You are right to call me a fool for biting. You are right to think that i am egotistical, but as for the ugly call, i can't remember the last time i rated a bloke. Anything you want to cum clean with??

Tipster
wrote on 28-Apr-06 11:00

Finally a bit of confidence batts instead of playing your team down for a weekend game. id like to know though before i put my tips in if its true that you have plenty of players out injured

wrote on 28-Apr-06 11:01

>> Anyway enough of the sensible. NERds are gonna rain on Normo's parade. << batts ,watch that cricket-pitch in the middle. don't want u to stumble over with an excuse post match.

Botham
wrote on 28-Apr-06 11:01

pretty big call Batts, you feel confident?

Batts'
wrote on 28-Apr-06 11:03

Why is it that anyone who uses there real name is branded a 'wannabe hero' and a 'wanker' ?? I would have thought that the norm was to use your real name and when taking the piss out of someone you may change to an alias if you are scared of getting found out. This site seems to be the opposite. Anyone who uses his real name gets pasted bigtime and abused. Quite childishly I feel. But then I am one who cops it, along with Ben, Boz, Damo, Budgie (who deserves all he gets), even Gallo sometimes. It is no big deal to us really but shirley what you/we/I don't want is for this site to become a complete slagfest at others to the point that it closes like the WPH one had to. Abuse is sometimes good n fun, taking the piss is even better but we have to keep it into perspective. Anyway enough of the sensible. NERds are gonna rain on Normo's parade.

safe

what a manly thing to do benny, insinuating that another man is gay. self esteem???

Batts'

Missed your post Snakeyes. Mate, if you have seen Penno park lately, I am sure the cricket wicket on Harris st. will not offer any excuse. and did you hear me bleating about the Penno Camel track ?? NO All of our ovals look in terrible nick this year (except Boronia Stadium), and yet whenever I drive through other areas their pitches don't look half bad. Nice work Hornsby Council

Ben
wrote on 28-Apr-06 11:06

you got me.

Batts'
wrote on 28-Apr-06 11:07

Firstly, I have NEVER talked my teams chances down. All I have done is constantly refute (deny for the dummies) the misguided claims that we had 3 or 4 ex state leaguers. And that we were not title favourites but may squeeze into the 4. WHat has changed. We have squeezed past a lackless Thunder, drew with the Rosebuds, snuck past the worst Tigers team I have seen in 10 years and past smacked around the lugs by Kurtis Strange on Tuesday. If anyone had seen how bad we played they would not even be nominating us for the top 4. Suddenly now I am confident yet Tipster would like to know how many out I have ?? Didn't I already claim that players out is NO excuse. So what if we had 8 out against Penno, we didn't get a discount or a goal start. The points were lost. To be honst, I don't know who I have got for tom. I will find out tonight after giving the plethora of fools I have injured extra time to heal (magically). We have only EVER lost to Normo at Harris street once. And that was with 2 sent off (1 in 1st half) from a ref that failed his inspection. BRING ON THE FREAK SHOW DOK !!! I am ready to participate.

Bundy
wrote on 28-Apr-06 12:03

sounds like you're digging yourself a hole batts. you seem to be extremely confident going into a game against the comp leaders at home. i cant wait to hear the result. Althoughi might be able to hear the cheers from where i'm playing. what do the teams that have played against normo say? have they been lucky or are they playing well?

n00b aka Ryan
wrote on 28-Apr-06 12:08

Cambell Park is a dust bowl but is the only true soccer field we have played on for far this year, every other field is the size of a netball court. Maybe that’s why the refs have gone soft? Nice to see this thread got back on topic, somewhat. Thanks for the personal sledges Ben "the fisherman" Seale. I had to bite because it does have something to do with me when you start plastering perivate stuff on a public forum.

Ben
wrote on 28-Apr-06 13:04

If you look back i didn't make any sledges to you Ryan. Sorry if you took offence to what was said. Hope you smash Boz anyway. Go WPH.

n00b aka Ryan
wrote on 28-Apr-06 13:08

Nah no offence taken. Just the last thing I expected to see on these forums.

Pete
wrote on 30-Apr-06 07:08

Batts wrote ... "We have only EVER lost to Normo at Harris street once. And that was with 2 sent off (1 in 1st half) from a ref that failed his inspection." Looks like that trend will continue. So much for the retirement bus insults Normo. Perhaps your day care centre bus could learn a thing or two from the retirement village bus!

PJ
wrote on 30-Apr-06 21:03

nice one pete, only 1 team turned up to play football on saturday. the real loser was football.

Old Supporter
wrote on 30-Apr-06 21:03

Boz The surname Manuel does not ring a bell for you????

Mize
wrote on 30-Apr-06 22:04

Yeah PJ? Which team was that?

New Supporter
wrote on 30-Apr-06 23:01

Que, Manuel? Is dat really u Ryan?

n00b aka Ryan
wrote on 01-May-06 00:03

?

pj
wrote on 01-May-06 09:04

its pretty obvious Mize, long balls and delay tactics are a bit sad, specially only after the game is 5 mins old.

Ranger
wrote on 01-May-06 10:09

Don't know what game you were watching pj. It was a game of 2 halves. We played you off the park in the first half. Nathan Grey admitted we should have been up by 3 at halftime. 1 wasn't enough and you guys swamped us in the 2nd. A draw was probably a fair result as each team dominated 1 half, but considering you didn't create 1 decent chance all game we felt let down by our goalie for letting that back pass through his legs.

nooby
wrote on 01-May-06 12:02

goalie is a reserve?

Ranger
wrote on 01-May-06 12:02

Normanhurst are only going to get worse also as i was speaking to Nathan Gray after the game and he has a broken toe and will probably miss a proportion of the next month. Goodbye Nathan, GOODBYE Normo

ex-ref
wrote on 01-May-06 13:04

i'd go with nrm ..

Ref
wrote on 01-May-06 13:06

Big game this round with the 2 undefeated teams NRM and WPH playing each other. Anyone going to make any early predictions?

norma
wrote on 01-May-06 13:06

don't worry, bully will take over from Nath. no problemo.

Phantom2000
wrote on 01-May-06 13:07

Normo to win 2-0 or so...

Muz
wrote on 01-May-06 14:02

Back to the thread title......... What was the crowd figure at Back to Homo Day? 600 or 2000?

wrote on 01-May-06 14:05

About 60.

orangy man
wrote on 01-May-06 14:06

about 600 - 700 tops wasn't as many as i expected.. but i saw Tamsyn Lewis (with glasses) amongst the NERDs supporters

dreamin
wrote on 01-May-06 14:07

WPH to knock 4 past the bloys in blue to only conceed 5

Batts'
wrote on 01-May-06 15:01

Thank you very much Nath. An honest critique of the first half only. You forgot to mention that we were rubbish in the second half. You are probably too polite to mention it. Anyway it was our best half of the year. In fact the only one we have truely played well in. I am wondering how to bottle it. Maybe I broke your toe by supossedly landing on you and cuddling you. Would have been different if you could learn paper,scissors, rock.

Nath Grey
wrote on 01-May-06 15:05

North Epping are better than everyones made out. They played us of the park in the 1st half and like was said, rangers should have been up 3-0 easily at half time. We were lucky to come away with a point. With the likes of batts, tarrent, and turner plus 4 1st graders to come back, theyll beat anyone on their day.

Nath Grey
wrote on 01-May-06 16:04

I dont recall to much landing on me and cuddling but i do recall you winning about a dozen free kicks on me if they count. Like i said just being honest on the game, north epping hit the bar, missed a few one on ones in which batts put them on a platter only to watch them squander an open net on both occassions. second half to be honest we may have got on top, but we never really created so in the end we were very lucky to take a point from the game.

Joker
wrote on 02-May-06 09:07

I wouldnt be so sure that this is Nathan speaking as i think the fact that the person has spelt Gray wrong might just give it away.

switcharoo
wrote on 02-May-06 10:07

Maybe so, but from all reports ive heard so far, nerds were all over it in the first and the norm was all over it in the second

Author:
Subject: