Ref Q/A..

Views: 1897 Posts: 34
hillbilly
wrote on 19-Jul-16 09:08

Whilst the ball was in play a defender inside his own penalty area strikes an opponent who was holding his hand. What decision should the referee make? (the ball is not in the pen. area)

(a) The referee sends off the player who struck his opponent. Play is restarted with a direct free kick.

(b) The referee sends off the player who struck his opponent. Play is restarted with a penalty kick.

(c) The referee cautions the opponent who held the shirt. Play is restarted with a direct free kick.

(d) The referee sends off the player who struck the opponent and cautions the opponent who held the players shirt. Play is restarted with a dropped ball.

haha.. see how many of you fine P/L get this right

Fact not fiction
wrote on 19-Jul-16 10:02

A

Wot
wrote on 19-Jul-16 10:03

hillbilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > an opponent who was holding his hand. > > (c) The referee cautions the opponent who held > the shirt. Which is it m8

tf
wrote on 19-Jul-16 11:00

id say none of them, but b would be most correct if the ref didnt see what caused the defender to strike the attacker most refs in this comp would probs give both players a red card and then give a corner

hillbilly
wrote on 19-Jul-16 11:04

Wot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hillbilly Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > an opponent who was holding his hand. > > > > (c) The referee cautions the opponent who held > > the shirt. > > > Which is it m8 no diff. hand or shirt.. let's say he held part of his body or apparel

haha
wrote on 19-Jul-16 11:05

tf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > id say none of them, but b would be most correct > if the ref didnt see what caused the defender to > strike the attacker > > most refs in this comp would probs give both > players a red card and then give a corner haha that's quite funny. i ll pay that

haha
wrote on 19-Jul-16 11:08

Fact not fiction Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A how can it be a A - a DFK.. a DFK = penalty since u are surely not gonna award a DFK to the defender's team

Mr Consistency
wrote on 19-Jul-16 12:02

It all depends if this is the second time this incident has occurred in this game. The refs normally look at the last decision that they made on the exact same incident, and then decide to make the complete opposite decision they previously made, leaving one team blowing up at the ref, and the other team scratching their head wondering what the hell just happened.

I agree with fact not fiction
wrote on 19-Jul-16 14:00

the ball isn't in the box so how can you reward the penalty?? The free kick doesn't happened where the incident takes place, it's where the ball was.

n00b
wrote on 19-Jul-16 14:09

I agree with fact not fiction Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the ball isn't in the box so how can you reward > the penalty?? The free kick doesn't happened where > the incident takes place, it's where the ball was. So based on your logic, when a ball is being crossed from say a corner and the attacking player is pushed over inside the box a penalty is not awarded a free kick is given back at the corner?

n00b
wrote on 19-Jul-16 15:01

To answer the original question I would say option A is closer. The scenario is missing a number of elements, including who is being awarded the free kick in the answers. Assuming the referee saw the entire incident unfold it would be a direct free kick awarded to the defending team, at the location of the incident, for the original offence of pulling the shirt\hand. A yellow card may be shown to the attacking player depending on a number of factors. The defensive player would then be shown a red card for striking\retaliation.

Fact not fiction
wrote on 19-Jul-16 15:09

Umm interesting point, so noob your saying the scenario above is B?

Juice
wrote on 19-Jul-16 16:09

I concur n00b

TOM
wrote on 19-Jul-16 21:04

The answer to your quiz is B all day long.

hillbilly
wrote on 19-Jul-16 21:07

I agree with fact not fiction Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the ball isn't in the box so how can you reward > the penalty?? The free kick doesn't happened where > the incident takes place, it's where the ball was. this is quite an interesting situation.. if the striker strikes the defender in the defender's box whilst the ball happened to be at the opposite penalty box -- the defender's team gets a penalty on the other end .. hmmmm good one

Rozella
wrote on 19-Jul-16 21:07

Funny reading this it just so happens, almost the same thing happen to us against ravens in the first round. player lashed out at ravens player and pushed him while he was on the ground well after the ball was cleared almost to halfway and went out for a throw. Ref gave a yellow card and a pen to ravens. Not sure if it was correct decision

hillbilly
wrote on 19-Jul-16 21:08

Rozella Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Funny reading this it just so happens, almost the > same thing happen to us against ravens in the > first round. > > player lashed out at ravens player and pushed him > while he was on the ground well after the ball was > cleared almost to halfway and went out for a > throw. > > Ref gave a yellow card and a pen to ravens. Not > sure if it was correct decision looks like that's a bluudy wrong decision mate -- shows ya referee-ing is a tough gig

Mario
wrote on 19-Jul-16 23:03

When you talk about serious foul play, ie striking. It's irrellevant where the ball is as the only important part is where the foul is committed. RED CARD, Penalty is what i'm going with. Although ive seen a stern talking to to be a common outcome.

sore loser
wrote on 20-Jul-16 07:01

Rozella Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Funny reading this it just so happens, almost the > same thing happen to us against ravens in the > first round. > > player lashed out at ravens player and pushed him > while he was on the ground well after the ball was > cleared almost to halfway and went out for a > throw. > > Ref gave a yellow card and a pen to ravens. Not > sure if it was correct decision well from what everyone is saying here the ref made the correct decision so maybe you should stop crying about it and start preparing for you next season in super league

forrestGum
wrote on 20-Jul-16 09:01

sorry abt the dec. by Tom - i was confused between the Glenhaven match & the Q/A. slightly different scenario - in one the ball is in play & the other the ball is not in play. SO THEY SHLD HV DIFF OUTCOME.

sore loser
wrote on 20-Jul-16 09:02

the ball wasnt out when the incident happened it went out shortly after before the ref had a chance to stop play and so the penalty was given when the ball was out of play

Tom Forrest
wrote on 20-Jul-16 09:04

(E) I'd do whatever I feel like at the time that would keep attention purely on me.

ForrestGum
wrote on 20-Jul-16 09:08

TOM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The answer to your quiz is B all day long. if like he said - the ball went out for a throw-in (yet to restart) ..AND the striker hit the defender (in his pen area) -- no way will the restart be a PK. Absolutely not ...

TG
wrote on 20-Jul-16 10:06

If the referee see the incident and the balls in the field of play. first foul defender holding the arm of the player yellow card.Second foul striking red card R2 play starts free kick to defender.

haha
wrote on 20-Jul-16 12:04

TG Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If the referee see the incident and the balls in > the field of play. first foul defender holding the > arm of the player yellow card.Second foul striking > red card R2 play starts free kick to defender. i think u might be right - but usually what is given would be a PK (most probably influenced by how far away the ball is....) Having said that - holding usually won't even get a card. If u watch EPL - players get grabbed all the time during corner-kicks - around the waist, neck, shoulders - anything.

TG
wrote on 20-Jul-16 13:00

No pen the defender didn't drag him down,besides the Ref has gone over to his assistant who happens to be chopper he tells him what has happened and the attacking player has elbowed him across the face ( Gio style ) and there you have it R2 6 weeks and free kick to start the game.

hillbilly
wrote on 20-Jul-16 18:02

TG Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No pen the defender didn't drag him down,besides > the Ref has gone over to his assistant who happens > to be chopper he tells him what has happened and > the attacking player has elbowed him across the > face ( Gio style ) and there you have it R2 6 > weeks and free kick to start the game. as you can see, the restart decision is a huge one. From a PK for the attacking team & a DFK to the defending team. Same with the Vardy red card incident. From being call the worst ref in the entire EPL (Keith Hackett) to "the best decision he could have made" - according to Jamie Carragher on SkySports UK.

Gump
wrote on 20-Jul-16 20:01

Attacked receives a yellow card for "un gentlemanly conduct". Men holding hands is just not cricket!! (Ok, I might be showing my age here as un gentlemanly has been replaced by up sporting conduct).

If the ball was in play when the offence / offences took place, it doesn't matter if the referee stops play before the ball goes out. It will still be a free kick. If the ref hasn't seen it, but the linesman has, he can still award the free kick if the next phase of play hasn't re started by a throw in.

If the referee see's the holding, acknowledges it and plays advantage and then the defender belts the attacker it's a penalty.

TG, you know all the red card codes and minimum suspensions off by heart?

Gino
wrote on 21-Jul-16 07:02

So which answer is correct did TG get the cash?.

hillbilly
wrote on 21-Jul-16 19:07

Noob, Juice, TG.. all got (A) which is the correct ans but mostly u will find many ref's awarding (b)

Fact not fiction
wrote on 21-Jul-16 22:09

Fact not fiction got it aswell :) God I'm good

THE ROCK
wrote on 22-Jul-16 11:05

Correct me if i'm wrong, but a direct free kick in the box is a penalty right?

it depends
wrote on 22-Jul-16 12:01

not if its for the defending team

THE ROCK
wrote on 22-Jul-16 13:00

it depends Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > not if its for the defending team no shit!

Author:
Subject: