Luke Bradley Memorial Game - 20 years

Views: 1395 Posts: 6
Ben
wrote on 01-Jun-16 16:00

Some further details attached [img]http://www.ghfapremierleague.com/file.php?1,file=70,filename=IMG_4653.jpg[/img]

Ben
wrote on 01-Jun-16 16:06

Hi everyone,

It's been 20 years since the GHFA lost a bright young star at Christie Park due to HYPERTROPHIC CARDIOMYOPATHY, a genetic condition that ultimately lead to the passing of Luke Bradley whilst warming up for a game with the U/15 GHFA Representative side.

I'm sure most of you have noticed the memorial plaque located in the garden near the canteen.
Luke was a Kenthurst Bushboy, with many of his friends still playing for the club and also for other PL teams.

His Family would like to invite all those who knew Luke to a memorial match which will take place at Christie Park on 18/06 (Res 1pm Firsts 3pm). A big thankyou to Glenhaven who agreed to have the figure changed to this venue and to the GHFA.

We will also take this opportunity to help raise funds for the "centre for molecular cardiology" - a foundation which was started by Professor Chris Semsarian, shortly after Luke's passing.

There will also be some drinks at the ranch after the game. More details will follow - Please spread the word as the Bradley's would love to see everyone there.

Admin
wrote on 01-Jun-16 17:08

Cleaned it up for you Ben :-)

Ben
wrote on 08-Jun-16 16:07

Here is a link for anyone who would like to donate. http://www.centenary.org.au/luke-bradley/

Bucks
wrote on 15-Jun-16 21:06

A message to the Glenhaven players, supporters and any others planning on coming on Saturday.

Firstly, thank you for giving us this opportunity to remember and celebrate the life of our mate Luke. It's hard to believe 20 years have past.

As we will be using this opportunity to raise money towards the selected foundation I thought I would give you the heads up that we are hoping people could provide a gold coin donation on entry to Christie Park.

Ben Seale and I will also be running a Cross Bar Challenge at half-time of First Grade for anyone interested. Entry is $5 with all money going towards the foundation.

There will also be a few speeches and another fundraising event at the end of first grade so please stick around for a beer with us.

Again, thanks again to Glenhaven and GHFA. Let's hope the weather is as kind.

Cheers boys.

Pearce Mac
wrote on 17-Jun-16 22:05

Bucks, I'll have a piece of the crossbar challenge. Just let me go first so the Gaffa can still spray me during the half time talk. Ps agree with all the above sentiment. A fantastic talent and young man lost to us far far too early. Thanks to all Involved for making this happen.

Author:
Subject: