Referee-ing ain't easy

Views: 938 Posts: 8
ex-ref
wrote on 19-Apr-16 20:00

How has the std of official-ing been so far in GHFA? Recently in the EPL we have very diverse opinion re the men in black. Some astute callers said it was one of the worst officiated game in recent memory while some pundits claimed it was the best. So all in all - pretty confusing. No wonder we park footballers are confused as well but our men handle all those jostling in the box prior to corners much better than EPL officials. haha http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3546508/Jamie-Carragher-hails-fantastic-Jon-Moss-former-Liverpool-defender-slams-joke-criticism-Leicester-draw-West-Ham.html

Hit and miss
wrote on 20-Apr-16 09:03

From my perspective the standard of refereeing, including assistants is hit and miss.There are some fantastic referees and then some refs whose egos do get in the way. I also believe that whilst the young men and women on the sidelines do make mistakes, they're doing a wonderful job.We should consider ourselves lucky in the GHFA that we receive three referees week in and week out.

hillbilly
wrote on 20-Apr-16 10:09

Pretty sad situation when the expert pundits varies from "excellent" to "ghastly".. also we hear the word 'soft' frequently. The last i looked 'soft' isn't inside the Law book. No 'soft' ever mentioned in any laws/rules. Why would i wanna put my hands on your shoulder if not to foul you?

Ex prem
wrote on 20-Apr-16 17:08

We had juice ref our 35s game last weekend and was great. Level headed and dealt with a couple of difficult situations well. No cards from memory and we barely heard the whistle just the constant talk from him. Guess that never changes. Handy having an ex player run the show. Seems to understand things a lot better I thought. Certainly better than many we've had before. Maybe he'll get pl soon.

Observer1
wrote on 21-Apr-16 22:03

As has been said, just be thankful appointed referees and assistants are provided for the vast majority of mens competitions, right down to the depths of ALs, 35s & 45s.
We are exceptionally well served compared to other associations. In KDFA & MWFA refereeing is done by player referees in all but the top couple of men's comps. And no assistants are appointed. It is a farce.

Juice Machine
wrote on 22-Apr-16 09:06

Just to correct the above post, Juice is a current player. :)

Thanks Juice
wrote on 22-Apr-16 12:00

Juice Machine Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just to correct the above post, Juice is a current > player. > > :) Thanks for clarifying Juice.

Juice
wrote on 22-Apr-16 13:05

Not in the habit of speaking in the third person ;) but yes not ex yet. Cheers ex prem, was interesting.

Author:
Subject: