Mr Average
wrote on 22-Apr-06 17:01

1st THL 2 STA 1 Res THL 3 STA 3

Rhino
wrote on 22-Apr-06 17:03

1st WPH 5 LEA 0 Res WPH 2 LEA 1

barney
wrote on 22-Apr-06 17:03

1st Normanhurst 2 - 0 Gladesville Ravens Res Normanhurst 2 - 0 Gladesville Ravens

wrote on 22-Apr-06 19:00

must say a very entertaining match we had at oakleigh. STA looks good all round except the last 20 yards of the opposition box. pearso appears to be lost without drummo. luvly double strike by dammo. going to be a hard yakka for STA from now on. LEA 0 ? thought they were going to be ultra competitive

Juice
wrote on 22-Apr-06 19:05

They weren't bad first 20 minutes. I could see why they drew with NER if they played like that for 90 minutes. Mainly three good players - Hickey (whatever his name is?) in the mid, Gerald up front (red head that's still good as he was last time Roselea were up in PL) and their sweeper. Bad discipline may have played a part today for Roselea. Hickey wouldn't shut up and thought the referee was out for him the entire game. One or two bad calls I thought but overall thought Hickey was a bit over the top. Must have been used to his way when playing at the higher level. Roselea will be competitive Snakehead, they just weren't on song today.

Sideliner
wrote on 22-Apr-06 19:07

I thought STA's stiffs were a much better side than their 1sts and would have pushed thunder much harder had they simply switched teams holous bolous. Thunder looked good for 80 minutes, breaking down everything woodies through at them and looking much better in attack. Then a spectacular strike 7 minutes from the end energised the visitors who then went after the equaliser. This startled THL and had em defending like mad in the dying minutes but the home side had controlled the bulk of play for the bulk of the match and were worthy victors on the day... THUNDER! Woodies definitely dont look like the side they were in 2005.

LiamW
wrote on 22-Apr-06 20:01

Juice Thats very generous of you!!! WPH looked the goods today it was a quality performance from your boys. Every time you seemed to shoot it either shaved the post or went in. Credit to the coaching staff for rebuilding an excellent side in a such short time. I had the tap on the shoulder to play ressies and had to try to run after some of your youngsters. Back to the drawing board for us.

knowlsey
wrote on 23-Apr-06 02:03

Peasro is the biggest excuse for a hero in the ghfa. he cant play without an "injection" and sources inside the wooddome say he also likes a few too many "Woodies". N.B Pearso, lay off the juice and lay off Juice. N.B.B Pearso, Being a tosser was never in fashion.

Pete
wrote on 23-Apr-06 10:07

What say the mighty obnoxious STA supporters this week? Title defence looking not so good - 8 pts off the leader. Oh oh!

PB
wrote on 23-Apr-06 12:03

PEN 4-1 YMA 1sts PEN 2-1 YMA Res

Viewer
wrote on 23-Apr-06 13:03

NER 2 - 1 EEW 1sts NER 2 - 2 EEW Res

wondering
wrote on 23-Apr-06 13:08

anybody hear how NERDs went?

Admin
wrote on 23-Apr-06 15:02

Tipping comp tally board has been updated.

Mize
wrote on 23-Apr-06 18:04

You heard right mate. Was a typical local derby with tempers boiling over in the second half when a fight broke out. The refferee was atrocious however and should have sent off at least one of the EEW blokes and not awarded EEW a dubious penalty that got them their goal. Batts was up to his old tricks netting a double.

Barry Average
wrote on 23-Apr-06 18:06

I heard the NERds had two send offs and finished with just 9 men with Batts netting two. Will suspensions kick in for Tuesday?

Batts'
wrote on 23-Apr-06 19:07

Yeah, old tricks alright. You forgot to mention, IW, the missed penalty. When will amateur vampires learn to dive. Either way. It doesn't really matter which way, but just bloody well dive. Don't stand there like a shagg on a rock. Nice to find out that three tiger hero spectators had run onto the pitch during the 'cuddle fest'. Probably lucky they thought twice about going all the way. Also a couple of cheap shots thrown from behind people that didn't even get a mention from the ref. But then we are getting quite a few of them lately (WPH last year). Cheap shots from behind and then plenty of verbal when things calm down. Well done tigers.

Juice
wrote on 23-Apr-06 20:05

Now now Batts, don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. Some of your innocent rangers are not so nice. If you still have what's he's face in goals in 1sts or stiffs - Shaun; pure lunatic on and off the ball. Not to mention I recall, maybe you missed it, young Geoff Turner's actions off the ball was duely noted by WPH. I use to coach him at school, good little player and master of the innocent cheap shot. Jamie was always good for a couple as well, only he was just too bloody stupid to try and conceal his cheap shots. Probably his mouth attracting too much attention from refs. I agree with you though, it is most frustrating watching a 'vampire' standing like a shag on a rock when a penalty is taken.

Juice
wrote on 23-Apr-06 21:07

Fair call

Batts'
wrote on 23-Apr-06 21:08

Looney Sean never gives a cheap shot, however mad he is (I can't argue there) but he always gives it from in front. As did Geoff Turner last year on Daks. It was over the ball, granted but it was from in front, and he was sick of your bloke kicking Bruno around the knees and getting only a warning from the ref. Bruno was coming back from a knee reco and copped 3 in the knees with no yellows. You still got in 3 bad tackles to our 1 so don't complain as we got a yellow. Jamie, I can't defend. End of story. What I cannot cope with is blokes coming up behind people when a stink is on and getting in a cheap shot and then slinking away till everything is calm. But then giving plenty of verbal. Most people do the right thing. Regarding that cuddle fest at Campbell last year when Keiran kicked a bloke in the head who is 6'3", everybody calmed everything down as they should have, including looney Sean the goalie, however you had 1 bloke who wanted to choke people from behind instead of pulling people away. That's what I am referring to. EEW had a few on sat. Punch in the back of the head and then run away and give verbal when all settled. Cheap n nasty.

Send offs
wrote on 23-Apr-06 23:07

How many players got sent off in the rangers vs tigers game? who were the players from each team who got sent off

Author:
Subject: