Hills

Views: 2571 Posts: 25
Only a matter of time
wrote on 28-Oct-15 18:00

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/the-hills/hills-football-kicks-off/story-fngr8j1q-1227583979275

DNA42
wrote on 29-Oct-15 14:01

......SHFA has yet to be sanctioned by Football NSW.

terry toweling
wrote on 08-Nov-15 18:01

Makes perfect sense. Reduce the size of ghfa. Too competitive.... much bigger than most associations.

Troy
wrote on 10-Nov-15 09:05

DNA42 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ......SHFA has yet to be sanctioned by Football > NSW. And why is that? What is FNSW doing for local grass roots football? The clubs the community want to move forward.

chasing more silverware
wrote on 19-Nov-15 10:04

KEN will be staying in GHFA PL in 2016 and won't be going across to SHFA at least until it's sanctioned.

Hills boy
wrote on 19-Nov-15 17:05

this SHFA is a shambles... New clubs with no members and fields, old gdsfa clubs pulling out as it is not sanctioned, ghfa also not entertaining the idea of moving over for similar reasons. A club setup at South maroota, made up of koala bears and kangaroos cause that is the only life out there. The thought of travel to the southern suburbs of gdsfa was the mindset behind reasoning. I think there is more too it as travel for clubs like North rocks who are aligned with SHFA and travelling to Maroota.... Surely that is further than auburn or lidcombe, why isn't greystanes or holroyd mentioned as these would be just as difficult for travel for some clubs. If you love the game you just do it!!!!

Interested
wrote on 19-Nov-15 20:06

Stevie, Where have you been? What happened at kenty? Why didn't they go to the hills?

Juice
wrote on 20-Nov-15 12:00

It's not sanctioned meaning no chance of CoC qualification. At least that still exists with GHFA. I dare say upon SHFA's sanction with FNSW, that KEN will one day leave GHFA for it. For now it's another GHFA season and trip all the way to Peel Park once more :)

The Garden Shire
wrote on 20-Nov-15 15:01

As for a Hills Association, whilst one day it will happen, I don't believe it was ever a major issue for the GHFA clubs. The move for Hills Association was mostly driven by GDSFA Clubs, Hills Council and Hills Brumbies. The clubs playing in Granville Association wanted out of that Association for a number of reasons primarily they didn't enjoy their trips south of the Parramatta River and the lack of referees. The Hills Council wanted to control who played on their grounds, and Hills Brumbies wanted the backing of an Association and to hopefully better facilities as required by FNSW. The Hills Association really got pushed along by the Local State member before last State Election. It was his son that set up a lot of the original meetings, to push the issue. It gave the member a lot to say and facetime in the Local Paper. It probably wont be sanctioned for a while, as to do so, would mean Granville will lose at least 3, maybe more of its biggest clubs and it will probably take a lot for FNSW to allow Granville being one of its oldest associations to collapse. I guess the choice for parents of GHFA kids in particular is which is more attractive an option, an 8.30am kickoff at Meadowbank or an 8.30 am kickoff at Maroota. The parking will probably be easier at Maroota.

Others
wrote on 20-Nov-15 21:04

What about the other clubs in GHFA, who is staying or moving across ?

norwest 'cougers'
wrote on 28-Nov-15 08:02

Who said Maroota's home ground is in Maroota? You'd think it would be more local. So this shit's for real huh? so far a few teams are in already, but nothing from GHFA. I thought the idea was to take a few more local teams from GHFA

Captain obvious
wrote on 28-Nov-15 11:01

norwest 'cougers' Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Who said Maroota's home ground is in Maroota? > You'd think it would be more local. > So this shit's for real huh? so far a few teams > are in already, but nothing from GHFA. I thought > the idea was to take a few more local teams from > GHFA No, you'd actually think Maroota's home ground would be in Maroota. That's usually how home grounds work.

cougers
wrote on 28-Nov-15 20:05

Captain obvious Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > norwest 'cougers' Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Who said Maroota's home ground is in Maroota? > > You'd think it would be more local. > > So this shit's for real huh? so far a few teams > > are in already, but nothing from GHFA. I > thought > > the idea was to take a few more local teams > from > > GHFA > > No, you'd actually think Maroota's home ground > would be in Maroota. That's usually how home > grounds work. I see. I guess it makes good sense. Complain about travelling a couple times a season to lidcombe for away matches, only to set up a new comp where you travel even further to Maroota

Kellyville
wrote on 29-Nov-15 23:05

Maroota is only 10-15 mins down Old Windsor Rd from Kellyville, not sure what you are whinging about it not like you are playing in the hills comp.

No GHFA clubs
wrote on 30-Nov-15 10:00

Looks like its up and running but without any GHFA clubshttp://www.hillsnews.com.au/story/3517408/clubs-join-new-hills-association/?cs=1454

Niko
wrote on 30-Nov-15 11:06

20 mins.past pumas home ground.

cougertown
wrote on 02-Dec-15 07:07

Kellyville Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Maroota is only 10-15 mins down Old Windsor Rd > from Kellyville, not sure what you are whinging > about it not like you are playing in the hills > comp. lol, its 45 minutes from the hills you tool. Thats why i thought they wouldve made it more local. Also you completely missed the point, my point is you almost end up travelling more than in gdsfa, which seems to be the main reason for the hills in the first place, other than not wanting to play with dirty lebs haha Do you need help now 'kellyville' with doing the spam equation?

HGS
wrote on 02-Dec-15 08:09

No GHFA clubs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Looks like its up and running but without any GHFA > clubshttp://www.hillsnews.com.au/story/3517408/clu > bs-join-new-hills-association/?cs=1454 Hills Grammar was a ghfa club

cougertown
wrote on 02-Dec-15 22:09

HGS Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No GHFA clubs Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Looks like its up and running but without any > GHFA > > > clubshttp://www.hillsnews.com.au/story/3517408/clu > > > bs-join-new-hills-association/?cs=1454 > > > Hills Grammar was a ghfa club was it kenthurst who won the pig-fuckers cup last year?

Lower Portland
wrote on 03-Dec-15 15:07

You may not have to get too worked up yet about playing in Maroota. https://www.facebook.com/Maroota-FC-562097183937316/?fref=nf No website or committee yet.

Stan
wrote on 04-Dec-15 13:01

Reposted to this more relevant thread: Good on them. An extreme move, but they have obviously had a gutful of Granville District and of FNSW protecting its mates. It is obvious that a Hills District would work very well.

HallofRecords
wrote on 07-Dec-15 23:00

The MP for Seven Hills is on board.. but not the Seven Hills FC wtf

Garden Shire
wrote on 08-Dec-15 17:01

The MP for Seven Hills may well be on board, but the original idea for Hills Association was for only teams within the Hills Shire to play, not clubs with the Hills name in their title. Therefore Seven Hills shouldn't be included as they are within the Blacktown Council area, likewise Terrey Hills, Hunters Hill and Surry Hills wont be included. There was talk though that one team was seeking to use Seven Hills High School artificial pitch.

Juice
wrote on 09-Dec-15 11:02

"There was talk though that one team was seeking to use Seven Hills High School artificial pitch." You mean Hills Sports Hish School (former Grantham High School)

mountians
wrote on 09-Dec-15 11:05

Lower Portland Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You may not have to get too worked up yet about > playing in Maroota. > > https://www.facebook.com/Maroota-FC-56209718393731 > 6/?fref=nf > > No website or committee yet. What are looking at website and face book been up and running for a while www.sydneyhillsfootball.com.au

Author:
Subject: