Premier League Players of the Future

Views: 4565 Posts: 19
Tel
wrote on 13-Oct-15 20:06

WPHCFC 17/1's playing for their 3rd CoC Grand Final win in 3 years. Their results so far in 2015 CoC 5-0, 7-1 & 8-1. Valentine Park Sunday 11.15

Penno's future stars
wrote on 13-Oct-15 21:06

14 from 14 in regular season. 112 F and 6 Against... some side..

beef jerky
wrote on 13-Oct-15 22:03

and 2 of those games were byes. It was a very strong age group a couple of years ago but most of the teams that pushed WPH have now left the comp.

Juice
wrote on 14-Oct-15 13:00

WPH junior side 20 years ago that had Boz and Ben Seale and the likes was just as successful.

Truth syrup
wrote on 15-Oct-15 21:08

When will you people learn? Playing club football at 17 means you aren't good enough for rep footy. And if you aren't good enough for rep footy in your youth chance are very high that you are not going to be good enough for PL in your older years.

disagree
wrote on 15-Oct-15 23:04

I completely disagree with you truth syrup. I play for a pl team that made the top 4 and our whole squad has played ghfa their whole lives bar a few. Im sure that a handful of our first grade squad could've played rep football in their youth days if they wanted to but that kind of commitment is not for everyone and most people just enjoy playing with there mates on a less serious stage

Sour grapes
wrote on 16-Oct-15 10:08

Truth syrup Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When will you people learn? Playing club football > at 17 means you aren't good enough for rep footy. > And if you aren't good enough for rep footy in > your youth chance are very high that you are not > going to be good enough for PL in your older > years. Truth syrup, clearly you've never heard of kids wanting to be kids and playing with their mates? I can assure you that some of the WPH 17s have played youth league in their lives and some that haven't are definitely good enough but choose to play with their mates. Your last point is definitely not true either, I've played PL without ever playing 'rep' level ever and there are other players like that too. Its simply a matter of lifestyle choice and some of the lads dont want to play in an environment like state league, especially when you realise you won't make a living out of football and would rather play in a more casual environment with mates.

credit where it's due
wrote on 18-Oct-15 20:03

Truths Syrup You can only take your hat off to any side that can win 3 C of C titles in a row. I am not sure if your Rep League experience has helped your team to any C of C titles in recent years given that you only play Premier " ALeague" these days?? Whether they are rep players or not isn't important, they are playing football and enjoying it. If any of them play Reps, Prems or Nothing more than club football they will still have memories for a lifetime. Good luck next year when you play C of C Truth.

future prospects
wrote on 20-Oct-15 08:02

will be interesting to see how this translates for wph pl?

Not alone
wrote on 20-Oct-15 21:02

Penno's future stars Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 14 from 14 in regular season. 112 F and 6 > Against... some side.. If you look at the stats across other age groups you might find results as impressive, but that's if you look ?

And
wrote on 24-Oct-15 23:00

It's kids park footy champ. Whatever

Loyalty
wrote on 08-Sep-19 05:07

You were warned #doubledouble

not fun
wrote on 10-Sep-19 11:09

i completely agree with truth syrup and the only ones that are disagreeing are the kids that went to trial for state league sides but never made it if you do just want to have fun and play with your mates, where is the fun in winning 10 nil every week

You dumb?
wrote on 10-Sep-19 20:04

Truth syrup said 17 year old’s won’t make good premier league teams. In under 5 years with the 17 year olds WPH went from second last in 2015 to the double double in 2019. I’d consider that success and good PL players. It’s called club loyalty, not every quality PL player has to spend years playing for different rep clubs when they’re not cut out to make it.

struth
wrote on 11-Sep-19 07:04

if what youre saying is true I think wph is an exception if you look at every other good team in the PL theyre pretty much built around ex state league players however u17s is also a weird year as theres no state league u17s, its the year a lot of people are starting year 11/12, and its the age a lot of kids start going to partys and drinking so you do normally find the local club comp is stronger from u/17s up

Recruited
wrote on 11-Sep-19 15:05

I don't think all the WPH team this year played with them in younger grades. It looked like they made a few key additions particularly in defense... possibly from another comp or state league

Covers
wrote on 11-Sep-19 16:05

A defender that was playing all age for wph and a has been trying his hand at keeping... good try though

Curious Cat
wrote on 11-Sep-19 16:09

How many of the WPH U17's team from 2019 are in the 2019 WPH squad out of curiosity. I think it should be all clubs goal to develop their junior players to play for their PL team.

Junior
wrote on 11-Sep-19 17:04

Of the 17’s side from 2015 there are 8 in squad and another 3 from 2017 CoC winning side 7 played 1st grade on weekend, including 3 of back 4

Author:
Subject: