Kenthurst to join the party..

Views: 9607 Posts: 43
the HOFF
wrote on 09-Jul-07 21:00

you could be counting your chickens,before they hatch, buddy! as the villagers have a game in hand ,and kenthurst still have to play the washout game against the Y. as far as lea for the drop,im thinking it could be out of the bottom three uni,lea,rav

Red and White Army
wrote on 09-Jul-07 21:02

Kenthurst are killing it in Super League. Villagers are no hope of fighting back to the top flight.. Teams should start to welcome the Red and White next year!!.... (and say, BYE BYE to Lea)..

dreaming
wrote on 09-Jul-07 22:09

Red and White Army u are an idiot!!

Cousin Jimbob
wrote on 10-Jul-07 14:03

No. He is actually a hill billy. With all 6 fingers and toes.

the HOFF
wrote on 22-Jul-07 21:03

hey PB, how did you guys go on the weekend?

spotted
wrote on 22-Jul-07 21:04

I saw that tall young midfielder from YMCA in the cross last night. he said they drew 1-1 with kenthurst, so the battle for the title will go down to the last match next week. goal difference to decide it, kenthurst has a 2 goal advantage apperntly?

Genius
wrote on 22-Jul-07 22:01

the HOFF Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > as far as lea for the drop,im thinking it could be > out of the bottom three > uni,lea,rav Great prediction there Hoff, you must be a genius

PB
wrote on 23-Jul-07 09:02

1sts was 0-0 Y v Kenthurst. We will need to win by a few next weekend

the HOFFeinstein
wrote on 24-Jul-07 19:07

Genius Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the HOFF Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > as far as lea for the drop,im thinking it could > be > > out of the bottom three > > uni,lea,rav > > Great prediction there Hoff, you must be a genius no! i dont think im a genius,but with your sarcastic comments,it makes me wont to kick you in your smart arse!

HOFF fan
wrote on 24-Jul-07 20:07

goooo the HOFF!!!

Genius
wrote on 25-Jul-07 03:07

the HOFFeinstein Wrote: > no! i dont think im a genius,but with your > sarcastic comments,it makes me wont to kick you in > your smart arse! Sorry mate, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. But I mean it was a pretty stupid thing to write, like you were some sort of master predictor telling the rest of the comp what they didn't know already. Its like predicting PEN, STA, EEW, NOR, NER or THL will win the comp. Or saying Australia now will not win the Asian Cup. If you stopped stating the bleeding obvious Hoff, maybe I wouldn't find it so easy to expose your idiocy.

School yard bully
wrote on 25-Jul-07 09:00

Yeah but he is still gonna kick your smart arse !!

Juice
wrote on 25-Jul-07 11:02

I didn't think he was that bad... certainly worse around

panel beater
wrote on 25-Jul-07 11:09

<> is that a comment on him as a defender ie all he can do is kick someone because he is a shite defender

Arnie
wrote on 25-Jul-07 16:00

You'll be back !!!

Red & White Army
wrote on 25-Jul-07 16:01

To The Hoff, PB & Dreaming, Now i believe you guys look like idiots, after obviously giving us no chance in previous threads posted above.. MMMMM.... Mr thinks you guys are "the idiots & "are dreaming".... Granted, there is still one to game to play, but we are favourites for the promotion!

phantom2000
wrote on 25-Jul-07 16:06

I Would like to see kenthurst up. Arent they a whole lot of WPH ex players aswell? correct me if im wrong. But i think Kenthurst will be pipped by one goal in the goal differences. really would be unfair on Y if they dont come up as look how dominant their ressies are! Much better squad as a whole than the bushboys.

Juice
wrote on 25-Jul-07 17:03

Arent they a whole lot of WPH ex players aswell? correct me if im wrong. No one that I know of that's played PL at WPH in my time is at Kenthurst these days. Maybe they are juniors. I heard a while back that they had a few ex Hills Brumbies players. In any case, if they are on par with the Y in terms of performance over a season (SL season) and if the Y are a similar team to the one that was demoted, then I wouldn't be too worried if they won promotion unless they pick up a few 'newbies'. I would rather Kenthurst promoted, besides the fact that it's geographically closer for myself, but a new team means new unknown players, new venue to play at (what's Kenthurst park like?) and maybe new personalities.

kenny
wrote on 25-Jul-07 18:07

kenthurst grd better than the Y paddock Y 's eastern side is like a goat track

Super League
wrote on 25-Jul-07 18:09

After seeing most of the super league this season and seeing both the Y and Kenthurst I can safely say neither would threaten in PL. The standard of the SL comp is at best woeful!!! Some teams are not worthy of AA2 standard...

Premier League
wrote on 25-Jul-07 22:03

You haven't seen much of PL then, as its more like AA7

PB
wrote on 26-Jul-07 10:00

After playing Kenthurst they do have 3 or 4 ex state league players in their mid 20's running around for them...mainly in midfield and defence, former Northern Tigers, Hills Brumbies players . They are strong in 1st grade, but reserve grade not so much.

Heman
wrote on 26-Jul-07 10:01

If they drew with you, they can't be that strong.

PB
wrote on 26-Jul-07 10:02

Why not? We may be just as strong this season...or we may just be punching above our weight.

phantom2000
wrote on 26-Jul-07 10:04

Well Juice if you have a look at the highest grade youth team of kenthurst, which is 18/1 which is usually a good comp. Then for next year their side should be stregthened by the addition of some of these players. So im sticking with the bushboys for promotion.

under 18s
wrote on 26-Jul-07 10:06

18/1's doesnt necessarily mean a good PL side in the years to come. blunder 18/1s won the C of C competition a few years back but that has not translated into good performances in PL for them. PL is a big step up from kiddies soccer.

under 18's
wrote on 26-Jul-07 11:00

Nah definitely 18/1's, it was 2002 they won it from memory. So 4 years of mediocre mid/lower table finishes since then and maybe possibly making the 4 this year I would not call setting the world on fire. A couple of the normo 1st grade players are form that blunder u/18s team anyway. So look out for Kenthurst to make the 4 in 2012 on the back of their stong under 18's!

phantom2000
wrote on 26-Jul-07 11:05

wasnt that 17/1's? Thornleigh were really average before those younger guys came up.if they hadnt come up they would be in super league or worse. So dont know how you cant say it hasnt translated into any form? How you can say some decent young players coming up into prems doesnt help is beyond me! Look at Normo ressies, they are all young and they are doing really well, even their first grade side would be one of the youngest in the league if not the youngest and they are doing well as a squad.

frankie
wrote on 26-Jul-07 11:06

yeh ok, so what 3 points off top is shit then is it? i think not.

16s
wrote on 26-Jul-07 12:02

Y, is that the same 16s that played PL last season could not handle it and then went back to playing 19/2's this season?

Y
wrote on 26-Jul-07 12:03

The standard of the 18/1 comp is not that great...Kenthurst are not even winning a 7 team comp, with one team getting beaten by the bye. So where comparing a club with a 18's team in division one or the Y with a state cup winning 16's side in 2004 all of who are still at the club. Take ur pick boys the Y will be back up

Phantom2000
wrote on 26-Jul-07 12:07

Ok then, if you say so. As i said read above, they havnt set the world alight just yet but without them there would not even be a team. My point is that they will make the squad a whole lot stronger. What would you rather, a Y team which will not get much better or a Kenthurst team which will improve with its under 18s team in there? that is my point. There is 2 players in the Normo team from the C0C team of thornleigh. Good players too!

phantom2000
wrote on 26-Jul-07 12:08

You wont be back Y. Have fun in super league next year.

coach
wrote on 26-Jul-07 13:00

I dont think it matters which team goes up - cant score more than 35 goals in a Super League season then you will not be competitive in Premier League. I think that the Premier League should be reduced to 6 teams - play 4 rounds of 5 matches including a couple of mid week games - that way the best team will come out as true premiers. Bottom team is relegated. The next comp down would be a PL2 comp consisting of the current bottom 4 Premier League teams and the existing top 4 teams from Super League. Top team is promoted.

WPH man
wrote on 26-Jul-07 13:03

We have 2 teams in the 21/1 comp. Running first and second. WPH for the PL title next year.

Y
wrote on 26-Jul-07 13:04

yea it is the same group of players 16's. but when they are taking up 6-8 of the starting first garde positions of there first year up in premier league it is always going to b difficult. After a year of playing with there mates and With the inclusion of more experienced players this year plus the best of the younger boys, the Y will b back

?
wrote on 26-Jul-07 14:05

yeah but how competitive will they be?...

wrote on 28-Jul-07 17:02

Reserves RDP 1 VS KEN 2 Firsts RDP 0 VS KEN 6

Red and White Army
wrote on 30-Jul-07 18:03

I would like to congratulate my boys for thier efforts in joining the Prems next year. Be good to have some "new blood" in the league. Now.... Who will take our place in Super League?????? Uni to come back, me thinks...

Question
wrote on 30-Jul-07 19:02

Well Done Kenthurst, the Y really put a lot of effort in strengthening for this year to come straight back up, so you guys must have had a great year. To my questions, with Uni so close to drop after they seemed to really cruise like few others in SL last year, how hard a challenge do you see your boys having to survive? Will you look to strengthen? Do you already have experience in PL? Before my comments are taken out of context, everyone knows PL is nothing special as it is just park football, but the gap between PL and SL seems to be large. Congrats and good luck next year, I'm not looking forward to the overnight trip to Kenthurst, not just the travel but the Bush boys will be ready to fight hard!

Red and White Army
wrote on 30-Jul-07 19:09

To answer your questions, Question, I believe we wont compete with the likes of Penno and perhaps STA, but will give a good showing against the weaker teams. Have alot of younger guys, full of enthusiasim and raring to go!!!!! Bring on 2008!!!

wrote on 26-Aug-14 20:05

Juice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Arent they a whole lot of WPH ex players aswell? > correct me if im wrong. No one that I know of > that's played PL at WPH in my time is at Kenthurst > these days. Maybe they are juniors. I heard a > while back that they had a few ex Hills Brumbies > players. In any case, if they are on par with the > Y in terms of performance over a season (SL > season) and if the Y are a similar team to the one > that was demoted, then I wouldn't be too worried > if they won promotion unless they pick up a few > 'newbies'. > > I would rather Kenthurst promoted, besides the > fact that it's geographically closer for myself, > but a new team means new unknown players, new > venue to play at (what's Kenthurst park like?) and > maybe new personalities. Funny how things work out.

Juice
wrote on 27-Aug-14 04:05

Lol yes it is. Wise words I would say ;)

Author:
Subject: